Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not helping my sister to remove something that insults her ?

Me sowing: Haha gently caress yeah!!! Yes!!

Me reaping: Well this loving sucks. What the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for not helping my sister to remove something that insults her ?

Isn't it frowned upon to send a legalistic C&D letter without a lawyer?

Or laughed upon, anyway.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Isn't it frowned upon to send a legalistic C&D letter without a lawyer?

Or laughed upon, anyway.

Practicing law without a license is illegal, yeah. If you don't hold yourself out to be a lawyer then it's just a nasty customer letter and anyone who would make a menu like that in the first place will just ignore it

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

haveblue posted:

Practicing law without a license is illegal, yeah. If you don't hold yourself out to be a lawyer then it's just a nasty customer letter and anyone who would make a menu like that in the first place will just ignore it

So laughed upon most likely.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
A Cease & Desist letter is just a fancy way of saying, "knock this off or get sued." There's nothing wrong with just sending one out yourself, but it's a way less intimidating threat if it doesn't come from a lawyer.

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

New Menu Item This Week:
- Cheese and Dismissed - Sarah's favorite beef served up cold on focaccia, topped with swiss that has as many holes as her story

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My (F18) bf (M24) wants to talk about his penis insecurity to his girl best friend (F24)

quote:

(BTW, WE ARE IN A LDR OF 5 MONTHS) I have no idea if I’m in the right or wrong to be jealous, and I don’t have the courage to tell him that I don’t want him to, but my boyfriend wants to talk to his childhood best friend about his smaller penis insecurity… It makes me even more insecure because he told me that out of his 2 biggest crushes ever, she was one of them/the first one/biggest one and before we dated he told me about how much he loved her, idk it’s just getting to my head :(

He’s straight and told me he has shared his insecurity with other women online (before us dating) cause he feels more comfortable with it, and I’m ok with that but he also told me that thanks to me he is more happy with it, but then why would he mention wanting to talk to her about it….. IDK I haven’t said anything and just told him to do what he thinks will help, follow his heart yk. He really is very sweet and he always tells me he loves me, I’m in love with him so much but I think about this a lot..

IDK WHAT TO THINK, this really hurts because he talks about her a lot, and I’m also trying to not think about it too much.. I just want him to be happy but I also don’t really want that to happen! Will it really help if he tells her…?

Maybe I’m just overthinking, I’m willing to be told I’m in the wrong here but I need others opinion

Tldr, My boyfriend wants to share his small penis insecurity to his childhood best friend who he had a crush on, it makes me insecure to think about.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Smirking_Serpent posted:

My (F18) bf (M24) wants to talk about his penis insecurity to his girl best friend (F24)

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Smirking_Serpent posted:

When does an insecurity become a fetish

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

kru posted:

* something wrong about the autobahn goes here *
It's the fastest way to get to Poland / Sudetenland.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Motronic posted:

New Menu Item This Week:
- Cheese and Dismissed - Sarah's favorite beef served up cold on focaccia, topped with swiss that has as many holes as her story

lmao :golfclap:

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

artsy fartsy posted:

I like this one, harmless but weird

AITA for eating with disposable gloves at a restaurant???

R/relationships: She called me a freak abnormal and walked away.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

OP doesn't trust public washrooms, which, honestly, fair.

Not really the case for washing hands, if they actually have soap, surely?

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Dude wants to talk about (its obvious show too) his penis with a woman he says was his biggest crush and that he admits he still has feelings for. I'll bet :10bux: his "friend" doesn't know about the OP.

Lol at his rationale of "I am so insecure about the size of my small penis I need to talk about it with whatever women will listen, to help with my self esteem and being with someone isn't enough."

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

therattle posted:

Not really the case for washing hands, if they actually have soap, surely?

Answering your own q there.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

kimbo305 posted:

Answering your own q there.

True dat.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
It's one of those justified fear things. If they have soap you're golden, if they don't have soap then what do you do now?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Kurieg posted:

It's one of those justified fear things. If they have soap you're golden, if they don't have soap then what do you do now?

And that’s why you always check in a public toilet that there’s toilet paper before you crap.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Kurieg posted:

Leave, because the staff isn't washing their hands either and you really shouldn't eat there.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
here he is, the RELATIONSHIP GENIOUS:

AITA for honestly telling my GF what I would change about her?

quote:

I watched a TikTok where a couple asked each other what they would change about each other and they both said nothing, they’re both perfect and they love each other very much etc. So I thought let me try this with my girlfriend, without filming of course. She said “I wouldn’t change anything about you, maybe I would make you less anxious about everyday stuff so you wouldn’t suffer“. It’s true, I tend to be very anxious and obsessive compulsive sometimes but I’m dealing with it.

Then she asked me what I would change about her. I told her I would like her to have her old body back, meaning before the pandemic when she was more muscular and a little bit thinner. Also I told her she could be less hairy in some areas like her face and arms and I wish her hair was more cared for. I wouldn’t change anything fundamental about her appearance, maybe make her legs a little bit thinner but all my requests are very much achievable with a little effort. She didn’t seem to appreciate my comments, her expression changed and she locked herself in her room without saying anything. We slept on different beds and the next day she told me something very hurtful. She said “I don’t think that your appearance is perfect either, there are some issues but I love you enough not to pester you about them.” When I asked her what she meant she replied that she wished I followed her skincare advice to get rid of my acne and that I would work out with her more. I told her the difference is that I was honest and she lied. She didn’t say anything but it was obvious that she had been crying the whole night. She went to her sister’s house and hasn’t been responding to my messages

So am I the AH for being honest?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Foo Diddley posted:

It may not be as creative as surprise surrogacy for completely tanking your relationship but hot drat is it effective

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Foo Diddley posted:

Literally lmao.

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

Foo Diddley posted:

You know, in most of these stories it's the other partner who asks these loaded questions, so while the person telling The Truth (tm) is still a loving idiot, it's at least understandable. This guy watched a video showing the correct response to the question, his girlfriend went first and also demonstrated the correct answer and he STILL managed to gently caress it up.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Foo Diddley posted:

How can you type these words out, re-read them and not understand the answer is staring at you in front of your face?

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe
because the entire reason he did this was so he could tell her those things

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Foo Diddley posted:

OP did the right thing, anything else is just decorum poisoning. Sure he could've just said 'No, honey, there's nothing I would change' but he took a brave step forward and smashed through expectations of politeness to nitpick about her appearance. GJ OP

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Absurd Alhazred posted:

So laughed upon most likely. framed and put on the wall.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Foo Diddley posted:

She didn’t seem to appreciate my comments, her expression changed and she locked herself in her room without saying anything.

next day she told me something very hurtful. She said “I don’t think that your appearance is perfect either, there are some issues but I love you enough not to pester you about them.” 

loving lol. "I just told her the physical features I wish she would change, why does she have ro be so mean and tell me the physical features she would change on me?"

Poor woman doesn't realize she committed a sin worse than genocide, she hurt a man's feelings. Guess its an acid vat for her. Harsh I know, but we need to make an example lest other men get their fee-fees hurt.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Seems like asking a question you don't want an answer to is something to avoid when dating the blunt and/or dumb.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

therobit posted:

If he’s holding up traffic he’s holding up traffic and needs to move his rear end over.

Crossing the double double yellow to exit an HOV lane early is a $500 fine, no one is going to do that because you pull up and flash your lights at them.

You can exit when it changes back to a dashed white line but that might be 5 miles down the road.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Mx. posted:

AITAH for kicking the kids out of my house?

NTA. Better late than never to grow a spine but JFC, let a deadbeat and his kids move in after 2 dates is some doormat of the year territory.

Seth Pecksniff posted:

I hate saying poo poo like this because I feel like I'm victim blaming, but why the hell would you let him and your kids move into your house after two dates

You know, not everyone who has bad things happen to them is a victim. There is no trauma that makes allowing deadbeats to move their kids into your house after 2 dates and the host a whole family of parasites for FOUR YEARS a logical course of action. OP is a moron, but eventually did the right thing, so I guess it all worked out.

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for bringing my entire family to the restaurant where my girlfriend was working as a server in order to meet her?

Does this woman.... know she's OP's girlfriend?

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for being angry at my friends over jokes they made in an airport?

quote:

Jim and Tom started to play the oh so entertaining game of “Penis!” [...] replacing the word penis with “bomb!!!”

quote:

when we all got to our hotel, I blew up at them
Hehehe.

haveblue posted:

That lady is totally in the wrong but why doesn't OP carry their own hand sanitizer? That was already not unusual before covid and now it's 100% normalized

Alcohol only kills bacteria, not viruses. Plus it dries out your skin.

Dramatika posted:

If I was eating something greasy or sticky or just messy, like sauced chicken wings, a smash burger, or boiled crab/shrimp/crawfish, and there was a even a 5 percent chance I couldn’t wash my hands thoroughly afterwords, I’d 100% rather wear gloves, but that’s just me. Hell, pretty much any finger food - I don’t want those food oils getting on my steering wheel or keyboard or anything else I end up touching frequently.

I wear driving gloves to avoid getting hamburger sauce on my steering wheel.

captainOrbital posted:

This is why everyone hates moral philosophy professors.

This situation is common enough to have its own wikipedia page and is called going to Abilene

big dyke energy posted:

Everyone is missing OP going "restaurants don't usually have soap" which is an insane and incorrect thing to say

Like obviously OP isn't the rear end in a top hat but they're definitely a crazy person.

Have you never been to a public bathroom that's out of soap? I suspect the dispensers are empty/broken, not that there is no mechanism for soap at all.

Smirking_Serpent posted:

An extremely rare "does this person know he's your boyfriend." Also how long has this guy been talking to OP about his small penis humiliation fetish because I don't like the math.

limp_cheese posted:

Dude wants to talk about (its obvious show too) his penis with a woman he says was his biggest crush and that he admits he still has feelings for. I'll bet :10bux: his "friend" doesn't know about the OP.

Lol at his rationale of "I am so insecure about the size of my small penis I need to talk about it with whatever women will listen, to help with my self esteem and being with someone isn't enough."

(He's got an sph fetish :ssh:)

AITA for telling my friend she owes me after I offered to help her recover from surgery

quote:

My friend recently got surgery and me and a couple of other people offered to help her recover for a weekend because she didn’t have any family nearby to help. However she was a difficult person to work with and wouldn’t listen to us when we just wanted to help with her recovery. We told her it would be easier to take off her pants and she said she wasn’t comfortable with that and that she can use the bathroom on her own we basically had to force her to take her pants off to help her use the bathroom. She kept on refusing to take the pain medication saying she wasn’t in any pain and it made her feel more sick/sleepy but we didn’t want to have to deal with her seizing in pain from the medication. We also had to wake her up to walk to prevent blood clots consistently.

By the end of the weekend we were exhausted and felt like she didn’t appreciate our help at all. We also felt like this wasn’t something a friend should do this was a job for family or a nurse. There were times she would wake up and ask how someone else was doing but she never asked me how I was doing even though I was taking care of her.

After the weekend she asked if we could all meet to discuss and basically told us she was grateful we offered help but she felt like she had no agency in her own recovery and was forced to do things without her consent and all she wanted from us was emotional support. We told her she was being unfair because if we had known/it had been clear how much work it was we wouldn’t have volunteered. We also told her she needs to reimburse us for the train tickets and food we bought for ourselves because if we hadn’t been there with her we wouldn’t have spent that much money.

She says this is unfair considering she paid for the $1000 hotel to make it easier on us but the hotel check in process was difficult and stressful for us.

In the end she agreed to pay because she doesn’t want to feel like she owes us but that we’re the ones treating her unfairly. However there whole weekend she was ungrateful to us and not considering our feelings at all.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Invisible Clergy posted:

AITA for telling my friend she owes me after I offered to help her recover from surgery

quote:

but the hotel check in process was difficult and stressful for us.

Both of these people suck rear end.

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

AITA for splitting chores between my daughters equally?

quote:

I have 2 daughters (Sadie 23F & Hannah 15F). Sadie moved back in with us after she got her college degree, She's not working at the moment and my wife (her stepmom) complained about her not helping out, or at least keeping the house clean. instead, She goes out with friends almost daily, sits chatting or watching Netflex for hours. I had a talk with Sadie and let her know that it's time to help out, I gave her a list of chores to do and she said "whatever" but I still made sure she does them all.

Few days ago, Sadie complained about how unfair it is that she has a list of chores to get done while Hannah doesn't, I figured that yes, she's right and so, I went ahead and made an equal list of chores for Hannah since Sadie stopped doing anything til there's some equality achieved in this house. The problem occurred when Hannah saw the list, She said it was unfair that she gets an equal list of chores as her sister without keeping in mind that she (hannah) has school, has piano lessons, and homework and therapy appointments, while Sadie sits around or hangs out with friends all day then come home being free of homework or school. I told her it's all about equality, I don't care which one has more time to spare. Hannah got upset and brought my wife into it. My wife said it's unreasonable to give 2 girls of different ages, different routines and "responsibilities" the same list of chores. I again insisted that I'm trying to establish equality which is the most important thing yet~ my wife said I'm being unfair and requested I give Hannah a smaller list but I refused. We began fighting and I flatout told her that just because Hannah is her biological daughter, doesn't mean she gets to be favored and coddled. My wife got pissed over my statement and claimed that I was enabling Sadie's irresponsible behavior. We went back and forth on this several times til we both blew up at each other. The girls have noticed because of the tension and the house is now basically split into 2 teams.

We still haven't reached an agreement, and my wife is choosing to die on this hill. AITA?

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

quote:

I wear driving gloves to avoid getting hamburger sauce on my steering wheel.

If I had driving gloves, I wouldnt want hamburger sauce on the inside of them either. Think of the bacteria just growing in damp gloves with food on them in a warm car

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Soylent Pudding posted:

Hannah is going to need more therapy after dealing with this jackass.

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Alcohol only kills bacteria, not viruses. Plus it dries out your skin.

Alcohol absolutely denatures many viruses, including SARS-CoV-2

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for telling my girlfriend her niece's name is misspelled?

quote:

My girlfriend and I have been dating for almost a year and a half. Due to both us being in law school across the province and the pandemic restrictions I had never met her family in person before this past weekend. Only via video calls and talking on the phone. This past weekend we took a trip for the long weekend to visit them. I got to meet my girlfriend's sister, BIL and niece. Her niece is called Neveah. I never heard the name and my girlfriend's sister said it is Heaven spelled backwards.

It is not because heaven backwards would be Nevaeh (not Neveah). Later I told my girlfriend what her sister said and at first she didn't believe me and the next morning told her parents who also didn't believe me. I had to type it out for them to see what I meant.

Not only did they not know but my girlfriend's sister and BIL didn't either. All of them were surprised and shocked her name isn't really heaven spelled backwards like they thought. AITA for bringing it up to my girlfriend? She's pissed at me for telling her and so are her parents and sister/BIL. I don't think it's my fault none of them noticed for 5 years but my girlfriend thinks I shouldn't have said anything to her in the first place.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat
ooo, there's an :siren: UPDATE :siren: from honest guy already

quote:

UPDATE: I get it, I’m the rear end in a top hat. I called and profusely apologized but she said she would think of my comments every time I look at her and it’s something she can’t just forget. My gf of 4 years broke up with me and now I see why. Thank you all for your comments.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Husband's Best Female Friend Does Not Understand Boundaries

quote:

I (22F) am married to my (25M) husband, and his "best friend" (let's call her V) gets on my nerves.

So my husband and I met when I was 17, and got married recently. His "best friend" V (25F), he's known since he was 15. The reason I put best friend in quotation marks is because V calls everyone her best friend, and she is the female friend he talks most to, but by no means does she know as much about him or hang out as much with him as he does his other friends. In the past, I've had issues with V lacking boundaries, e.g. inviting him to go to a couple's marketed fair with her, going skiing with her family who he's friendly with, etc. Granted, I did always get invited, but he still went when I couldn't go. It was even to a point where when V and her boyfriend broke up last year, V's ex asked her if she had ever hooked up with my husband. My husband thought the idea of this was ridiculous, but I explained how inappropriate a lot of the things V does, seems. He agreed, and has distanced himself from V over the years we've been dating, and has put boundaries up.

Now we get married recently, and it's a very small wedding. I let one of my male friends speak at the wedding, and he lets V speak at the wedding. The reason I was comfortable with this is because V and my male friend are some of the few friends who know us both, and can speak about us as a couple rather than individuals. I guess they didn't get the assignment, or maybe this should have been communicated, because they spoke on us as individuals. The way my male friend talked about me exaggerated the level of our friendship, to where it sounded like he had a crush on me. The way V talked about my husband made it sound like they had dated. Both speeches were... uncomfortable to say the least. My husband did not take issue with my male friend's speech as he understood what our friendship was like and knows my boundaries with my male friends. While I don't take issue with V's friendship because of the boundaries my husband has with her, I took issue with the speech. The speech was about her and my husband and what a great guy he was, but the way in which she focused on them, made it seem like she had a closer relationship with him than she does. My sister got extremely upset that his ex spoke at the wedding, and I had to explain that V was just a friend. I had 2 friends at the wedding ask me who V was and if my husband and her had dated in the past....awkward

A few people have mentioned to me after the wedding that their impression of V is that she's very self-centered. Everything is about her and that's maybe why it sounded like her and my husband were exes, she focused so much on her closeness to my husband rather than us. My husband agrees that she is self-centered after other weird behaviours at the wedding that made others uncomfortable, especially the women, and is distancing himself even more from her now. My issue is that she still calls to hang out, he makes excuses not to, and overshares things in her life - my husband does not reciprocate that. Should I put my foot down on this friendship? Or is my husband already on the right track? I guess what I'm trying to ask is, is there something I should be doing now to preserve our marriage and prevent any issues down the line. To clarify, I have absolutely no fears he will cheat on me, that's never been a concern of mine about V or anyone else. But my husband tends not to be very confrontational in comparison to me. I fear I may later regret pushing him to end this friendship that will organically stop, or not pushing him to end this friendship and then V is still getting on my nerves with her lack of boundaries

tl;dr : husband's best female friend does not understand boundaries. am happy with husband's boundaries with her, but should i speed up this friendship buzzing out, or trust my husband to do it himself

I think husband and V absolutely have a history he isn't telling OP about.

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Foo Diddley posted:

ooo, there's an :siren: UPDATE :siren: from honest guy already

Ahhh, that’s the stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Soylent Pudding posted:

Dramatika posted:

If I had driving gloves, I wouldnt want hamburger sauce on the inside of them either. Think of the bacteria just growing in damp gloves with food on them in a warm car

I was being somewhat humorous and didn't think going into full detail was funny or interesting but I also carry baby wipes in my car to prevent excess hamburger sauce from getting in my driving gloves. I'm not just jamming my hand covered in bbq sauce in there like an evil samurai sheathing his bloody sword.

Mx. posted:

AITA for telling my girlfriend her niece's name is misspelled?

Naevaeh is a much more common name than it should be. Amazingly, people who want to name their child "heaven but like backwards" don't tend to be great at spelling.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Husband's Best Female Friend Does Not Understand Boundaries

I think husband and V absolutely have a history he isn't telling OP about.
Forget history, they have a present OP seems willfully blind to. Her husband is openly dating this woman, going on group vacations with her family and platonic ski weekends where they totally don't have sex and her dog eats his homework and there were no phones on the mountain so that's why he couldn't possibly have called OP and also his grandma died so he didn't feel like talking.

While people in monogamous intimate relationships should be allowed friends of any gender, it seems like cishet couples where one of them has a "best friend" of the opposite gender are pretty much always a red flag exactly like this post, doesn't it?

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Feb 25, 2022