Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Nathan Jones, the colossus of Boggo Road, was in the movie Troy. I really like it when big dudes from WWE who had less than stellar runs get legit movie parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Wasn't Jones also one of the bad guys' kids in the latest Mad Max?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Yeah the really big guy who is in the :perfect: emote

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

If we're posting music videos then

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdBd2Tka4PU

Okada and Shinsuke were in the Japanese version of Happy too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhkuEp7eQ8A

bartok
May 10, 2006

reality_groove posted:

Nathan Jones, the colossus of Boggo Road, was in the movie Troy. I really like it when big dudes from WWE who had less than stellar runs get legit movie parts.

Besides Fury Road I liked Jones in The Protector fighting Tony Jaa and in this Aussie horror movie Boar fighting a giant feral hog.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Nathan Jones and Matt Morgan are also in the film Muay Thai Giant where Jones portrays a lovable idiot who gains popeye like superpowers when he eats som tam. He uses this to save a village from thugs, one of whom is Matt Morgan.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I remember Bam Bam Bigelow being in one of the Snake Eater movies and he's killed by pissing into an electrified toilet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm so happy to read all of the cameos and bit parts by profesisonal wrestlers that everyone has brought to the table. this is the best dinner and supper i've ever had

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I remember Bam Bam Bigelow being in one of the Snake Eater movies and he's killed by pissing into an electrified toilet.

Bam Bam Bigelow also played an abusive father in military school comedy Major Payne

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
Brody King makes an appearance in “I Think You Should Leave” on Netflix.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Dr. Dirt posted:

Brody King makes an appearance in “I Think You Should Leave” on Netflix.

They should have him do his promos like the one in the show.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

projecthalaxy posted:

Bam Bam Bigelow also played an abusive father in military school comedy Major Payne

I thought he was a biker dude that the kids hired to beat up Payne, only for Payne to casually beat the poo poo out of him.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Gavok posted:

I thought he was a biker dude that the kids hired to beat up Payne, only for Payne to casually beat the poo poo out of him.

Its entirely possible. I thought he was an abusive dad but i may have been transposing that with Kindergarten Cop, another film i haven't seen in 20 years

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Does Thomas Jayne actually kill Kevin Nash in the Punisher? Or was it an accidental explosion or something? I ask because Nash doesn't seem to lose in movies that I can recall. John Wick was already brought up, and he basically jobs to himself in the second Ninja Turtles movie.

EDIT: I caught bits and pieces of Kindergarten Cop the other day for the first time in decades and I forgot how loving violent that movie is for what looks like a light kids comedy. It's pretty far from similar stuff like Mr. Nanny, the Pacifier, etc.

Pope Corky the IX fucked around with this message at 14:43 on Feb 25, 2022

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

So what's the deal with this EC3 Control Your Narrative promotion? Is there a thread that talks about it? I could use some good schadenfreude.

The little I know about it makes it feel like the original TNA, but instead of "promotion made of people WWF didn't want after absorbing WCW and ECW" it's "promotion made of people that neither WWE nor AEW want to deal with."

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

There's not a thread yet but I was considering making a poo poo post for it because it is fascinating to me and I think it might be a comedy disaster

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Gavok posted:

So what's the deal with this EC3 Control Your Narrative promotion? Is there a thread that talks about it? I could use some good schadenfreude.

The little I know about it makes it feel like the original TNA, but instead of "promotion made of people WWF didn't want after absorbing WCW and ECW" it's "promotion made of people that neither WWE nor AEW want to deal with."
Excuse me

Are you suggesting TNA was for a MATURE and ASTUTE audience? That TNA turned away children, those with weak minds, and those easily offended?

Based on the two "PPVs" so far, both free on YouTube, it's some sort of nebulously described Fight Club/cult, where people are alternately kidnapped into CONTROLLING THEIR NARRATIVE or have to be initiated into the cult and turned away, or something? All of the matches are shot cinematically with full music score and voiceover. And 2point0 play Statler and Waldorf from a balcony above the Fight Club ring.

It's doing something more than TNA was, but I'm not entirely sure that's a good thing.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

The first two Narrative shows (Free The Narrative I and II) are officially available for free on YouTube in their entirety if you want to get a sense of what you're getting into. Basically they're high concept shows that explore the nature of the business and what it means to present a narrative through action. Volume I focused on Matt Cardona and Volume II focused on Adam Scherr (fka Braun Strowman) I actually think they're pretty cool, but if you're just looking for workrate look elsewhere as this is not that. Matches are chopped up, more like a montage or a dream sequence than a sports presentation. I actually think they're quite compelling.

FtN Vol I: https://youtu.be/6n_dKLECD6o

FtN Vol II: https://youtu.be/OKPXIa3JXw4

E: I'm actually really interested to see how the Control the Narrative shows they're doing live Mania weekend and so forth work because as I mentioned the first two volumes of FtN relied so heavily on post-production and narration and thats a bit difficult to do live and in person. Great TV product though.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Feb 25, 2022

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

bartok posted:

Besides Fury Road I liked Jones in The Protector fighting Tony Jaa and in this Aussie horror movie Boar fighting a giant feral hog.

this has nothing to do with Nathan Jones, but you just reminded me that the stair fight scene from The Protector absolutely loving ruled
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRBrPNKYlA8

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

I think I remember an interview where someone (Foley?) was talking about Funk’s acting roles and they said Funk would diligently chase those jobs during his career so that he could qualify for SAG and get health insurance.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sega 32X posted:

One of Funk's best roles was as a random goon in Road House for Swayze to beat up.

I beg your pardon, Terry played Morgan, the former head bouncer of the Double Deuce who Dalton fired because he didn't have the temperament for the job. :colbert:

pseudodragon posted:

I think I remember an interview where someone (Foley?) was talking about Funk’s acting roles and they said Funk would diligently chase those jobs during his career so that he could qualify for SAG and get health insurance.

In Have A Nice Day!, yeah. And SAG health insurance is really, really good which might be why Terry was able to keep at it so long.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I was trying to remember what that song was called or by & totally failed so thank you.

Big Tam Ishii in a saccharine pop song video is weird, but he does clean up nice.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Does Thomas Jayne actually kill Kevin Nash in the Punisher? Or was it an accidental explosion or something? I ask because Nash doesn't seem to lose in movies that I can recall. John Wick was already brought up, and he basically jobs to himself in the second Ninja Turtles movie.

Tackled him down a flight of stairs which broke The Russian's neck.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
So still accidental.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

So still accidental.

Nah, it was desperation, but he was hoping it would kill him.

At least he didn't die like he did in the comic smother to death with an obese man on top of him

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Raven and DDP were in a Stuck Mojo video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0NpeWe5sGk

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
What is the most successful faction/team when it comes to title reigns? I imagine Flair’s titles with all the tag title and US title reigns would put the Horsemen up there. NWO?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

What is the most successful faction/team when it comes to title reigns? I imagine Flair’s titles with all the tag title and US title reigns would put the Horsemen up there. NWO?

Do you mean like while they're a faction, or in terms of developing the talent within the faction into main title contenders and main eventers?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

edogawa rando posted:

Do you mean like while they're a faction, or in terms of developing the talent within the faction into main title contenders and main eventers?

Strictly while they’re in the faction.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Silly Burrito posted:

Bullet Club must be hard to beat. My rough count

Fale IC
Yujiro NEVER
GoD Tag x7, ROH Tag
White IC, HW, US
Ishimori Jr x2, Jr Tag x3
Good Brothers Tag x3
Owens KOPW
KENTA NEVER, US
EVIL HW, IC, NEVER
Devitt Jr
Styles HW x2
Omega Jr x2, IC, US, HW
Bucks Jr Tag x7, HW Tag
Plus 7 total NEVER 6 Man reigns for BC

Plus there's other stuff like Bucks ROH Tag title runs & I totally forgot Cody but that's roughly all held while in the BC. (I could have the Bucks Jr Titles wrong by 1)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

During just the initial Horsemen "era" (85-88), the various members held:

NWA World Heavyweight Title
NWA World Tag Team Title
NWA United States Heavyweight Title
NWA World Television Title
NWA National Heavyweight Title
NWA National Tag Team Title.

So maybe? Bullet Club might exceed them.

pseudodragon
Jun 16, 2007

NWO has like a billion reigns if you include all the different factions and incarnations, people joining on a weekly basis and general WCW bullshitery with the belts like the finger poke where they just move the belts amongst themselves.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
During the nWo's run in WCW Hogan held the belt from August 96 to late December of 97 barring one week where Luger won it, then from April to July of 98, and again from January through March of 99. Nash also held it for a week after Starrcade 98. Bret Hart held it for like 3 weeks for the nWo 2000 too.

The Outsiders had the tag titles for a long stretch and the US title was frequently held by an nWo member, either Hennig or Steiner or Jarrett, and members held the TV title and cruiserweight title for a short time too.

The Bullet Club wins in quantity over a longer period of time but while the nWo was around they had the belts.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
So pretty much somewhere between Bullet Club/Four Horsemen/nWo? I was thinking Horsemen but it does make sense.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
In Creepshow, in the segment “The Lonesome Death of Jody Verril”, Jody (played by screenwriter Stephen King) can be seen watching the appropriately-northeastern WWWF, with Vince McMahon audible on commentary. This was 1982.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Rock played his dad on an episode of That 70s Show. The Hardys and a couple others had cameos too.

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
Jeff Jarrett is a pray the gay away preacher in the opening of Spring Breakers.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

The Rock did a rock bottom on an episode of Star Trek voyager or something

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

History Comes Inside! posted:

The Rock did a rock bottom on an episode of Star Trek voyager or something

I wanna say with the Big Show? Or maybe I'm confusing the Big Show being on Enterprise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

algebra testes posted:

I wanna say with the Big Show? Or maybe I'm confusing the Big Show being on Enterprise?

The Rock did a Rock Bottom on Seven of Nine (Jeri Ryan) in an episode of Voyager. Big Show was in an episode of Enterprise's final season. (Coincidentally, Tom Magee did a bit spot in an episode of The Next Generation, and Tiny Lister played a Klingon in Enterprise's series premiere.)