Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

T-Square posted:

I’m not on Facebook so my friend sent me a take from a guy we used to hang out with that said he thinks this is all a cover up of Joe and Hunter Biden’s “dealings” in Ukraine lmao

A take so hot my “I won’t use hand sanitizer because China puts poo poo in there” cousin commented “I think that’s a stretch.”

Biden is simultaneously a weak senile coward who let Putin invade and some 4D chess genius who goaded him into invading as a distraction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

lol, they've been worse

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Has the US expelled the Russian ambassador?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

They expelled our #2, so we've expelled their #2.

:nexus:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I want to give this woman all the high fives

https://twitter.com/mattxiv/status/1497252755982987267

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

https://twitter.com/TheSimpsons/status/1497366451837190155

I wish people would learn that just not posting is always an option

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Those are some thousand-yard stares :stare:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Dango Bango posted:

Those are some thousand-yard stares :stare:

It’s the look of anyone who watched a new episode of the Simpsons in the last 15 years.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
What the gently caress is that thing coming out of Marge's head?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
:lmao: Marge'a flag doesn't have a flagpole, it is implied it's held by her hair.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Marge has evolved into something worse than previously imagined.

Also I am seriously thinking about either extending my vacation or taking berevement leave. I've worked the entire time from my grandma and grandpa's passing and uh I am hitting a very weird super depressed mark right now.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Take that bereavement leave. You need it.

Unrelated pro tip: if you're going to clean out your washing machine's filter trap, make sure it's completely screwed back on. Or be in the mood to mop up the floors for half an hour.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Also I am seriously thinking about either extending my vacation or taking berevement leave. I've worked the entire time from my grandma and grandpa's passing and uh I am hitting a very weird super depressed mark right now.

If you have the ability/option to I'd go ahead and take the time if you need it. I remember trying to power through some stuff that...well it would have been better if I didn't.

Seems like maybe you're also probably just getting enough time to think about crap right now, so that could be playing into things too. I don't have any actual useful advice, just, well I wish you luck and you're going to get past this feeling eventually.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I think it's a combo of all that's going on plus burnout and I just need to take a break. It's an option so I'll probably talk to my boss about it on Monday. It's a union negotiated option that I didn't take when everything happened and I worked through it but now I just need some time away. I have enough vacation as well to cover but if I can avoid using it I'd rather do that since I'm so close to my maximum per year of vacation hours and I want to be able to have a surpluss that has to be approved.

I'm also gonna get The Sims and start a rewatch the American version of Queer As Folk this weekend.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Sad but true, the work will be there when you get back, there’s always more of it. Deal with you, it’s the number one thing

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Freaquency posted:

https://twitter.com/Ukraine/status/1497405072896139264?t=dc8PkG69Q6lW4hFP08ai5g&s=19

I don't even know what's real anymore.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Tulalip Tulips posted:

I think it's a combo of all that's going on plus burnout and I just need to take a break. It's an option so I'll probably talk to my boss about it on Monday. It's a union negotiated option that I didn't take when everything happened and I worked through it but now I just need some time away. I have enough vacation as well to cover but if I can avoid using it I'd rather do that since I'm so close to my maximum per year of vacation hours and I want to be able to have a surpluss that has to be approved.

I'm also gonna get The Sims and start a rewatch the American version of Queer As Folk this weekend.

Your sanity and self-care are far more important than work. Take the leave if it's available to you, recharge; remember, you can't pour from an empty bucket.

Hang in there.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Hey, SB and Braksgirl.

https://twitter.com/neon_heartbeat/status/1497362228458422273?t=pM9TY8JN-qCDWrUl6n7N5w&s=19

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
The only soulsy game I’ve ever played is Jedi Fallen Order. Should I get Eldin Ring?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Pops Mgee posted:

The only soulsy game I’ve ever played is Jedi Fallen Order. Should I get Eldin Ring?

Souls games are a lot harder than Jedi Fallen Order.

They're difficult, but as you slowly get better it's one of the most satisfying games. I've become a much better player in other games from the time I've spent in Souls games.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

does it play okay on ps4?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Yeah, unless they give Braks a complimentary pass, no way we’re dropping $6000 for a two day stay.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Disney farming every guests’ stupid ideas to come up with their next Star Wars trilogy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Bird in a Blender posted:

Disney farming every guests’ stupid ideas to come up with their next Star Wars trilogy.

The next trilogy somehow ending up better despite all the random shipping.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Grittybeard posted:

The next trilogy somehow ending up better despite all the random shipping.

they accidentally bugged kevin j anderson's room and now it's all gone to poo poo

also happy ten year anniversary to a king

https://twitter.com/danceyrselfdean/status/1497560941302583304

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

Yeah, unless they give Braks a complimentary pass, no way we’re dropping $6000 for a two day stay.

lol yeah they don't like me that much. Plus I was planning to go with Jamie so I only have to pay $3000. She's not into role play, as far as I know.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I'm curious what a Disney fanatic's opinion of Once Upon A Time is

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Intruder posted:

I'm curious what a Disney fanatic's opinion of Once Upon A Time is

The tv show? I watched it for a couple of seasons. It was not my favorite. It had potential but it ended up very meh.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Pales in comparison to the true gem of Disney crossovers Kingdom Hearts

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I accidentally got distracted and left my chunks of brisket and short rib for grinding in the freezer too long and now I have to wait for them to thaw out more and waste precious chili simmering time :(

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1497304916896976909?s=20&t=l_O7i308DPJ8d4EpAtNnnQ

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

FizFashizzle posted:

does it play okay on ps4?

Did a quick YouTube view, base ps4 pretty much maintains 30fps with a little jitter in some spots. PS4 pro is unlocked but usually sticks around 35fps (with better draw distance, quality, etc). Load times are usually 20 seconds for them, compared with 5 seconds for ps5.

Seems fine if that's the only way you can play it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Clamp in Gremlins 2 is a bit oblivious but ends up being reasonably benevolent.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Thaddius the Large posted:

Pales in comparison to the true gem of Disney crossovers Kingdom Hearts

Too much Disney, needs more FF

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Welp looks like my car get too messed up with an accident where the other driver was at fault.

It's old and ugly but still drives reliably(?).

Options are:
1. Let my insurance buy it and salvage it. I get some money and no car.
2. Owner retain it. I get some (but less money) and a technically driveable car.

It's an early aughts, reliable, car from a major Asian company with less than 150k miles.

Unsure what I want to do. I could afford some used car off Carvana or w/e. But I don't want to go test driving at dealerships during plague time.

Hmmm...

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If it were me and I need transportation, I'd hold onto the car as the current market for a vehicle is still pretty hosed up.

My 2002 Highlander is kind of on its last legs and I was hoping to replace it next year as its registration tags also expire then, but unless things even out I may have dump :20bux: to repair it and hold onto it for a couple more years.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
If you owner retain it another thing to consider is if it gets into any sort of accident again you're probably just selling it for scrap parts because an owner retain salvage title kills the value

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Bye to that car. It’s not even a question.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I’m but a simple country (server) farmer, but it certainly seems to me like Ukraine is taking it to the Russians. When they first started attacking on Thursday I was sure that Kyiv was going to have fallen by now, but they’ve managed to hold firm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Square
May 14, 2009

I don’t know who needs to know this, but if you throw some sliced smoked brisket and an egg in a skillet with some fresh beef tallow and then toast a bun in it and top with some hot pepper cheese, it’ll change your drat life because of the impending coronary but it’s worth it