Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Michael Flynn is detached from reality, and he supports the same overall ideology of Putin, he wants a conservative ethnostate willing to use military force to get what they want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Some Russians are getting a bit loot-y to go with the shooty any way. Robbing a store in Melitopol.

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1497408367723229187?t=dxHsu9p8qtJLPwtTbdBxHg&s=19

Solaris 2.0
May 14, 2008

Steve is doing his part by eating Ukrainian rations

https://youtu.be/ID_eFoIemjU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

KitConstantine posted:

God drat gen z just don't have the patience for prolonged military engagements because of the tik toks. Lazy asses can only take a couple days of being hungry and under fire before they try to do poo poo like "get food" and "steal civilian clothes so they can run away"

https://twitter.com/AdamParkhomenko/status/1497327922901782528?t=FK0Tie6KQyeVc4cbXh3e2A&s=19

Fuckin kids these days

I see people are questioning the validity of this but if one of the replies about Ukrainian MOD telling people to sabotage fuel with sugar is true then I hope a good amount of them fall for it.

Are most Ukrainians taking shelter underground now? Given the conscription and guns being handed out like candy while so much footage on Twitter has been Ukrainians filming from their homes, I would have imagined that if this were true there would be a lot of Russian deaths from invading homes to find occupiers waiting with guns at the ready?

Definitely paints a very desperate picture however and if true is more fuel for the theory that Putin thought the invasion would be easy. It's difficult to know for sure obviously but I wouldn't be surprised if he genuinely thought the first day would have been a huge success and didn't plan for anything extended. If Ukrainians are well fed and supplied while Russians are already scavenging for supplies then :stare:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Paladinus posted:

They do seem to target military bases and such almost exclusively, but the problem is many of them happen to be very close to residential areas.

Nah they've shelled/attacked a couple hospitals and suburbs already as well.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing

Paladinus posted:

They do seem to target military bases and such almost exclusively, but the problem is many of them happen to be very close to residential areas.

Kiev is also going to be a whole different animal. It makes sense to back off and bomb the hell out of a neighborhood if it's going to rain Molotov cocktails when you go through.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

LifeLynx posted:

This Ghost of Kyiv thing is odd because I remember it forming and evolving in real-time. First there was a video of a Ukrainian jet flying over some buildings with what I was told was a Russian jet nearby. A few people commented that the Ukrainian pilot must have been crazy brave because they were flying in essentially hostile airspace, hopelessly outmanned but smart enough to avoid Russian AA somehow. Then there were tales of that fighter taking down Russian planes, first it was two, then four, then six, etc. Then the video of "proof" of the Ukrainian's feats which was revealed to be from some video game. Now it's an overnight myth, but that original video of the pilot on essentially a suicide mission to harass Russian jets was the original, real Ghost of Kyiv from which these legends were spawned, wasn't it?

That original video was of 2 Ukranian mig 29s flying low overhead, presumably they were wingmen but people I think mistook the 1st Mig 29 as a Russian Su-35 and ithought that it was engaging the Ukranian Mig-29 you see fly overhead 2nd.

Everything after that we really don't know. People attributed other videos of Ukranian Mig-29s being the same one as we see in the first video but it's all Twitter based sleuthing.

Ukraine has something like ~30 Mig-29s so unless you see a tail number indicating it's the same jet it's almost impossible to piece together.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

If you're looking for something to cheerlead then

https://twitter.com/DenisMacShane/status/1497342984978903047?cxt=HHwWjsC56d7g0McpAAAA

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

This is from yesterday but I just want to throw out how loving weird this is

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1496908718268690434?s=20&t=zjC-fAkf5u5gfc4Njn_ZjQ

actual American political figure actually using the phrase "legitimate ethnic problems" to actually attempt to justify Putin's actual actions in the actual TYOOL 2022

I mean, this is a guy who was literally convicted of lying to the FBI about his relationship with Putin, and the only reason he isn't in jail is because Trump pardoned him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Eric Adams get on this

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Edit: I was talking about milley

Flesnolk fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Feb 26, 2022

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Nessus posted:

Eric Adams get on this

oh god imagine the press conference

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

This is from yesterday but I just want to throw out how loving weird this is

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1496908718268690434?s=20&t=zjC-fAkf5u5gfc4Njn_ZjQ

actual American political figure actually using the phrase "legitimate ethnic problems" to actually attempt to justify Putin's actual actions in the actual TYOOL 2022

Also from a former general who nearly went to jail for being a paid agent of Russia and failing to disclose it.

Flesnolk posted:

Wasn't Flynn the one that refused to go along with Trump's attempted coup?

Opposite. He was the one telling Trump to declare martial law and use the military to seize the voting machines.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Lol not to mention that the housing crisis in London seems to be heavily driven by Russian money laundering.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Flesnolk posted:

No, Flynn is a crazy person and not in the military.

You are thinking of General Mark Milley who is the opposite.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

I never thought I would ever see something like this from the Tories. The buried Russia Report must be utterly damning if they're willing to do this to keep themselves in power.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Big if true. There is video but I don't speak Ukrainian/Russian so no translation

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPress/status/1497404057027321860?t=JRcVH8950v7l66ty1J1sSA&s=19

How many hours till dawn?

Edit: original video source

https://twitter.com/HromadskeRadio/status/1497400226436595714?t=5IAoZ1plHo-ou6ksS9LsfA&s=19

KitConstantine fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Feb 26, 2022

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sir Bobert Fishbone posted:

https://twitter.com/NewVoiceUkraine/status/1497404109552562178

All fog of war caveats apply, but this isn't the first news I've read of tonight's Kyiv assault not going so well for Russia.

Jesús. hope stuff like this keeps happening.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Flesnolk posted:

No.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Flesnolk posted:

No that was Pence

Flynn appears to have genuinely gone completely brainworms

the little details in that letter like "The Ukraine"

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012

Vahakyla posted:

Yeah I was mixed up, sorry about that

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Vahakyla posted:

Oh, I was thinking of Pence, and the difference there is that they texture-mapped Flynn's head correctly

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Flesnolk posted:

Oh no no no he was pushing for martial law and siezing voting machines

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Flesnolk posted:

He tried to block congress subpoena of his phone records so I’m going to go with a tentative no.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Sinteres posted:

Shouldn't it be up to Ukraine to decide if there's any chance for a better way out than mass death rather than someone sitting comfortably in Washington?

Ukraine has already decided. It's weird how you keep posting as if Russia isn't the clear villain here, imo.

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Flesnolk posted:

You're thinking of Pence

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

KitConstantine posted:

Some Russians are getting a bit loot-y to go with the shooty any way. Robbing a store in Melitopol.

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1497408367723229187?t=dxHsu9p8qtJLPwtTbdBxHg&s=19

First vegetables they've seen in 6 months probably.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CommieGIR posted:

Nah they've shelled/attacked a couple hospitals and suburbs already as well.

A couple, yes, hence 'almost'. I've added a clarification as to why that could be the case, but the thread is too fast. I should probably make a new reply every time.

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

KitConstantine posted:

It's called "foraging", real popular with the zennials, get with the times

hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Sometimes you get tired of eating rations with astringents and you go looting for some fibre.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

KitConstantine posted:

Big if true. There is video but I don't speak Ukrainian/Russian so no translation

https://twitter.com/EuromaidanPress/status/1497404057027321860?t=JRcVH8950v7l66ty1J1sSA&s=19

How many hours till dawn?

Edit: original video source

https://twitter.com/HromadskeRadio/status/1497400226436595714?t=5IAoZ1plHo-ou6ksS9LsfA&s=19

2-3 hours until dawn. Video is very concise, basically what the tweet says in English.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Flesnolk posted:

Lol I have no idea how he would have gone along with it at all, considering he had only just been presidentially pardoned out of jail, and had no official position of authority anywhere on Jan 6 2021.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Flesnolk posted:

no, you're thinking of someone who isn't a traitor

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

tracecomplete posted:

oh god imagine the press conference

Eric Adams would distribute the seized real estate using some convoluted blockchain auction.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Guys I already acknowledged the mistake, stop piling on

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
With many conflicting reports about Russians seizing, Ukrainians retaking, then Russians taking the area again and so forth, what's important to remember is that even with all 200k of Russian soldiers in Ukraine, it will be impossible for Russians to really keep any town captured. They mount their flag on some government building, refuel, restock, rest, and push forward. The same is true for the Ukrainian army who need to be where the Russians are the most. And Russians seem to be more interested in taking Kyiv above everything else at this point.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Paladinus posted:

A couple, yes, hence 'almost'. I've added a clarification as to why that could be the case, but the thread is too fast. I should probably make a new reply every time.

Yeah, in this one it's worthless to edit even when it's a bit slower, like right now.

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

cinci zoo sniper posted:

First vegetables they've seen in 6 months probably.

The way they're just running with the food and don't seem to give a drat about anything else makes me wonder if there have been any Russian defections since the war started? Surely there must be some conscripts who've thought "Screw this" and laid down arms while pleading to take shelter? Obviously not possible for any that have family or want to return to Russia but I do wonder if any have decided not to fight and are just trying to survive until it's all over?

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Vahakyla posted:

Also a convicted felon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

SUNKOS posted:

The way they're just running with the food and don't seem to give a drat about anything else makes me wonder if there have been any Russian defections since the war started? Surely there must be some conscripts who've thought "Screw this" and laid down arms while pleading to take shelter? Obviously not possible for any that have family or want to return to Russia but I do wonder if any have decided not to fight and are just trying to survive until it's all over?

There definitely have been some defections, but 10 teenagers out of 200k army losing their marbles isn't particularly consequential. We don't have good evidence for like companies or platoons systemically folding anywhere.