Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I sincerely apologize for some random weirdo's creepy ranking of Sonic characters by sex appeal making you feel bad. I was merely a conduit for this filth but I understand that it is inherently a force of corruption and I am sorry I manifested it on this plane of existence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Solid snipe.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
lmao

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If this gets down to a Yakuza type deal I'm up for chopping off a finger or two for repentance.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

FFT posted:

Solid snipe.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm already missing a leg and I'll never respect anyone not missing at least one limb.

In My opinion anyone with all functional limbs is less than human.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm already missing a leg and I'll never respect anyone not missing at least one limb.

So the degenerative condition in my feet manifests in you a growing sensation of respect for me?

Rysithusiku
Nov 10, 2013

Witness the assless man and despair!
All futures point to a world of filled holes.

FreudianSlippers posted:

I cut off the tip of one of my fingers once. Does that count?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Circumcised counts

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Circumcision is a weirdo religious thing that's entirely a thing in The US because of some Satanic degenerate pedophile fringe cult (which is 99.9% of all American religious movements but especially Mormonism and Lutheranism)

Agents are GO! posted:

So the degenerative condition in my feet manifests in you a growing sensation of respect for me?

Yes.

Limb havers are weaklings and deserve death.

FreudianSlippers has a new favorite as of 03:45 on Feb 26, 2022

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hiding grandma's insulin so she can become superhuman

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

I sincerely apologize for some random weirdo's creepy ranking of Sonic characters by sex appeal making you feel bad. I was merely a conduit for this filth but I understand that it is inherently a force of corruption and I am sorry I manifested it on this plane of existence.

PYF Funny Pictures: I was merely a conduit for this filth

chienandalusia
Feb 17, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

For added confusion "Colchester" is *probably* post-Roman Old English/Latin creole meaning "Roman fort by the river" - "Colne"/Colney" is used a lot for rivers in the area, and might be a dialect word used by the Angles who turned up as the Romans left, and of course "chester" is a well-known Old English-isation of Latin "castrum".

In other words Colchester has never had a name that isn't just a vague afterthought given to it by people who couldn't be bothered describing it as anything other than "iunno, that place where the other blokes were".

None of this is a funny picture though, so have this random pic from my saved files:

(which is admittedly probably only funny to me and anyone as 90s-poisoned as me, but it was the first one that come up, sue me)

I like it.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

FFT posted:

Solid snipe.

Liquid Snipe was soo much cooler. And shirtless

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

On one hand, studying history lets us know that dinosaurs were just huge chickens. Which is lame.

But we also learned Ancient Greece looked like Joel Schumacher Batman and Robin, which owns.

And I wish the cowards of Hollywood would portray both properly.

I want a movie where the dinosaurs are actually acting like birds. I want velociraptors playing peek-a-boo, stegasaurs standing in a middle of a field just all making stupid noises. All the stupid bird behaviour.

But most of all, I want a T Rex dancing like an idiot.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

mercenarynuker posted:

Wait, is it not?

It really is. When I read Asterix in Britain as a kid, I thought it was some running joke. But, no, that's really what it was called.

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

FreudianSlippers posted:

Metabaron account spotted.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Megillah Gorilla posted:

It really is. When I read Asterix in Britain as a kid, I thought it was some running joke. But, no, that's really what it was called.

Also the City of London is not the same thing as London.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Yeah I think it's in Arizona now

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

muscles like this! posted:

Pretty sure 4/4 guests on QI did not know all about how this works.

poo poo's complicated :sweatdrop:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Robobot posted:

:stonk:

Ahhh! Real Monsters I could see leading to this, but Ed, Edd, and Eddy? People are crazy.

Life has many doors, Ed-boy.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

FreudianSlippers posted:

The Sonic universe might also be classified as "Hot Chick Heaven" because there's such a mess of very beautiful and tough women that it will make you love the franchise even more! And since Valentine's Day is around the corner, I've been inspired to make a top 10 list of the most beautiful female Sonic characters. Grab yourself a snack and a glass of orange juice, and try not to reach through the screen because HERE WE GO!

10: Try this question on for size. Who chases and hugs Sonic all the time and wields a powerful hammer? Why it's Amy Rose of course! Though more of a cutie than a hottie, you can't deny the fact that she's still attractive. Two things that make her attractive are the fact that she wears a dress, and when have you ever seen 3 big, very smooth arcs of hair sticking out of a person's forehead? I haven't! So once again, Amy Rose is lovely; that is until she goes berserk and starts hitting stuff with her hammer.

Who's at number 9? It's this alien plant girl from a distant planet. Cosmo, from Sonic X. She arrived on the character's planet to deliver a message saying that the galaxy was under attack by a force called the Metarex. She doesn't do much except tell people to stop fighting and focus on the real matter at hand. The real reason she lands at the #9 is that she becomes Miles "Tails" Prower's sweetheart, something Tails needed for a long while.

Numero Ocho. Cream the Rabbit's mother, Vanilla. She's attractive and the size of an average human mother. What really surprises me about her is that the leader of Team Chaotix, Vector the Crocodile, falls in love with her. Kinda silly, don't you think? She's another character that doesn't do much, but in a season 3 episode of Sonic X, she helps Chris Thorndyke get into space to fight the Metarex along with Sonic and friends.

What number's next? Seven, of course. Wave the Swallow from Sonic Riders. People always root for the good guys, but sometimes, the bad guys steal the show. Her mechanical IQ is equal to Tails. She also happens to be the smartest member of the Babylon Rogues. I wonder why she isn't the leader. Like Jet the Hawk and Storm the Albatross, her specialty is riding the air-boards called "Extreme Gear". With two very long and smooth feathers extending from her head to her calves and droopy eyes, Wave will rock your socks. If only we could see her take wing.

Numero Six. Tikal the Echidna from Sonic Adventure 1. Named after an ancient Mayan city of the same name, Tikal is the daughter of Chief Pachacamac. She's yet another character that hardly does a thing except beg her father to stop being so greedy. She also traps herself inside the Master Emerald so that the water god Chaos doesn't reign terror upon the land. When you're the daughter of a person in the highest power, you need to look your best and Tikal delivers perfectly. That's why she's #6.

Number #1, #2, #3, #4, #5! Ah-Ah-Ahhh! Mina Mongoose from the Sonic Archie comics. How could you go wrong with a girl that looks like this? She can run nearly as fast as Sonic and she went from being a Freedom Fighter to being a popstar singer. Next to Princess Sally she looks more humanoid than the other characters. Who could top someone who has long (some French word I don't know) hair?

This female standing at number 4: Blaze the Cat. One word: Pyrokinesis. How would you like to have that superpower? I mean Blaze could play around in the Himalayas for hours and she would be perfectly fine! Also, 45 degree ponytail makes her look like a Native American. I really like the fact that her love interest is the telekinetic hedgehog Silver. The combination of mind-moving and fire superpowers make these two a reliable couple. But what really lands Blaze in the #4 spot is that her attitudes apparently more different from the other females.

Next up is #3. What's better than having a female with cascading quills? How about a female with cascading quills and hair? Julie-Su the Echidna, another Archie comic exclusive has that feature. She's smart, knows exactly what to do as a freedom fighter, and even trained Amy once. She's also the girl of Knuckles' dreams. Heh, lucky him. Her older self in the series Mobius: X Years Later is just downright hot! Just look at that long ponytail! Now we're talkin'!

1, 2, button my shoe! Princess Sally Acorn. There's a lot to say about this character. She's the heir to the throne, Sonic's first official romance, the only character that used to not wear clothes, brave and athletic, the most humanoid character, and is like a mother to Tails. In the TV show, Sonic SatAM, one Freedom Fighter, the cowardly Antoine constantly tries to woo Sally, but doesn't succeed because… he's a coward! The Princess is also a semi-perfect example of an excellent love interest, although there were a couple of times when she really snapped and acted like a lunatic; in the comics, that is. But overall, Sally Acorn really stands out amongst the slew of females not just because she's Sonic's first official love interest, or because she's the only one who didn't wear clothes, but because in the comics, she grew very long hair, and married Sonic in the future, becoming the Queen.

So, you've seen a pyrokinetic Cat, a swallow, two gorgeous echidnas, and even a princess! Who could possibly top those kinds of females? Well, get ready folks; this is the #1 hottest Sonic the Hedgehog female character. Rouge the Bat. If anybody denies it, how dare you? This woman can fly, she's as strong as Knuckles, and is a femme fatale, seducing other characters into getting what she wants. Instead of having one love interest, she has two! Knuckles, and Shadow the Hedgehog. Being a treasure thief, she's only interested in one object set; jewels, especially the Chaos Emeralds. There actually have been situations where Rouge's cleavage has been exposed, but it eventually got censored. What a price to pay. I think the best part about this beauty is that she wears three different outfits unlike the other female characters. And who wouldn't want to fly across the landscape via strong as Shawn Johnson, and flirt with any male, anytime, anywhere. These three traits make Rouge the Bat triumph over all of the Sonic the Hedgehog females. My hat goes off to you Sonic Team USA. You oughta be proud.

There ya have it folks. Those were the hottest female chicks in the Sonic universe. I hope you enjoyed it, happy Valentine's Day, and I'll see you later. HERE WE GO!

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Nebrilos posted:

Or is it just this again?

Why is there a guy's face trapped in that woman's handbag like the phantom zone?

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

I will say that buried in that goddamn list is this absolute :confused: of a line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBTJSf1RcTc
and someone in the comments refers to this which is amazing as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtE7r1NTagk

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

DemonTrigger posted:

I will say that buried in that goddamn list is this absolute :confused: of a line

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBTJSf1RcTc
and someone in the comments refers to this which is amazing as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtE7r1NTagk

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Gattungswesen of the boulder is large, though its size is small.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

They later clarified it was "a large Boulder the size of a small car" or something

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.
It's a large boulder the size of a small Mulder. Common mistake.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Is there a diagram that conveniently lays all this out like this?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Is there a diagram that conveniently lays all this out like this?

The City of London is part of the city of London and is also inside but not part of Greater London.

It's perfectly simple :colbert:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrObZ_HZZUc

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Captain Splendid posted:

The City of London is part of the city of London and is also inside but not part of Greater London.

It's perfectly simple :colbert:

Still not clear where Londonium fits in

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

FreudianSlippers posted:

Your argument doesn't have a leg to stand on

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Still not clear where Londonium fits in

The City of London was originally just the settlement that took over the Roman town, using the walls (which were *very* solidly built, bits of them still exist to this day) as defence.

The Norman and medieval fortifications around the city still *mostly* follow the plan of the Roman walls. The western wall had been mostly stripped for building material, the Normans rebuilt it closer to the banks of the Fleet, and they also built a new castle - the Tower of London - at the eastern edge, and the northern wall was beefed up considerably in the 12th and 13th centuries.

So the evolution went nothing>Roman Londinium>post-Roman London>Norman London>Medieval *City* of London, which is still mostly there, with the settlements around the edge getting bigger and bigger and bigger but being officially independent in most cases until the Victorian era.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
The City of London is also an economic entity. It's in England, but not part of England, if that makes sense. The reason for that is partly medieval-era legislature, and partly a huge influx of petrodollars in the 70s.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

PYF Funny Pictures: Imagine 4 Balls On The Edge Of A Cliff; Londinium Works The Same Way (Ft. Sally Fanfics)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bug Squash posted:

Why is there a guy's face trapped in that woman's handbag like the phantom zone?

What

goddamnedtwisto posted:

For added confusion "Colchester" is *probably* post-Roman Old English/Latin creole meaning "Roman fort by the river" - "Colne"/Colney" is used a lot for rivers in the area, and might be a dialect word used by the Angles who turned up as the Romans left, and of course "chester" is a well-known Old English-isation of Latin "castrum".

In other words Colchester has never had a name that isn't just a vague afterthought given to it by people who couldn't be bothered describing it as anything other than "iunno, that place where the other blokes were".

None of this is a funny picture though, so have this random pic from my saved files:

(which is admittedly probably only funny to me and anyone as 90s-poisoned as me, but it was the first one that come up, sue me)

Frank black will never forgive kramer for what he said

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Isn’t there also a complication regarding the city’s government and the historic power of the crown? Like the city of London had special privileges that the rest of London didn’t or something and has a Lord Mayor of its own. I’m not sure

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

I don't know how you Brits can get mad when people don't know what goes on on your islands. You are all just making this poo poo up.

In America, we do things right. New York City is in New York. Oklahoma City is in Oklahoma. Kansas City is in Kansas.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Lol

And Springfield is, uh, everywhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴