Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

To all the people talking about graphics problems:

I'm running on a Ryzen 5600x + RTX 2070 and the game doesn't gag at all. It doesn't even spin the fans up totally. HWINFO says the game barely loads the GPU at 50%.

None of the game's problems are GPU related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Today I beat Margit, cleared out most of the west side of the castle, and fought Godrick a couple times. I no longer remember the horse's name

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
What the gently caress are you people talking about "first boss" "second boss" I have not found any of the bosses you guys are talking about

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Imagine playing a Souls game now where you can't jump.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
Somehow I've played for like 14 hours and failed to find the pot NPC... someone please help me...

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Heath posted:

What the gently caress are you people talking about "first boss" "second boss" I have not found any of the bosses you guys are talking about

Did you talk to the guy with the mask after the tutorial area. He points you towards the castle where the first and second story bosses are.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

SHISHKABOB posted:

Somehow I've played for like 14 hours and failed to find the pot NPC... someone please help me...

You go up the first part toward StormVeil and then double back and go over the bridged part where the giant jumps down from. Continue in that direction and just explore those cliffs. You have to go past a bunch of giants to get there.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

SHISHKABOB posted:

Did you talk to the guy with the mask after the tutorial area. He points you towards the castle where the first and second story bosses are.

Tutorial?? :confused:

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
At what point are you all just killing the giants you run in to randomly wandering the world?

They're annoying as poo poo even by most boss standards.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
What incantation is this? When I'm assisting to kill Margit sometimes people seem to throw something at him and a big golden circle is on the ground and Margit staggers immediately.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I have a skill on both my sword and my shield now. How do I switch between skills? I'm only casting my shield one.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Is blocking with a 100% phys shield then counterattacking just the broken mechanic this game we're supposed to abuse? Game was hard but this is making it so manageable.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Feb 26, 2022

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

KingKapalone posted:

I have a skill on both my sword and my shield now. How do I switch between skills? I'm only casting my shield one.

If your shield has a skill, you have to hold your sword with two hands to use its skill.

Which is annoying!

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
awww just helped a host beat margit... except they died and i killed it so idk if they get the credit or not

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

KingKapalone posted:

You have to equip the "No Skill" skill on your shield. Then only the skill on your right hand weapon will activate.

" Found From: This Ash of War is sold by Berenahl the Warmaster in Western Limgrave for 600 Runes"

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

is margit the first boss? i beat him but i have spent like 90% of my time in this game lost in nightmarish dungeons full of imp bastards

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

huh posted:

What incantation is this? When I'm assisting to kill Margit sometimes people seem to throw something at him and a big golden circle is on the ground and Margit staggers immediately.

Margit's Shackle, 5000 souls from Patches and only works in phase 1

Try thief, but friend?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

KingKapalone posted:

You need to wield your right-hand weapon in both hands, which is Triangle+R1 on a Playstation controller or Y+RB on Xbox. Then hit L2 and you can use the weapon art.

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum

Deviant posted:

Try thief, but friend?

ooohhhhhh...drat. Thanks!

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

well, i beat magrit. with nothing but a sword and a shield and a giant purple spirit octopus

had more trouble with the horse man

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

From Software games even piss off Snoop Dogg:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvUa_GxkBAE

I made a samurai, out of guilt for quitting Sekiro. But im stuck on Margit like I was on that chained ogre.

Going in buck nekkid so I can move faster. Damage received doesn't seem much different.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Heath posted:

Tutorial?? :confused:

Did you jump into the hole of knowledge.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Fitzy Fitz posted:

Yeah you can switch ashes around as much as you want with no cost. They're not consumed.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Margit would be perfectly balanced if the only thing that was changed is you could kick him off the ledge.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

doesn't it say something about if you use ashes to overwrite a skill though the skill stays gone

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Deviant posted:

Try thief, but friend?

Lmao, of course he has that sort of thing

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005

so good at being in trouble

I really love swinging my Great Club, it's aptly named

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Heh, 3 wise beats eh? Well this beast is just right there, pretty stupid imho, this should be a breeze

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

This was me in Skyrim. I didn't use dragon shouts for like the first 30 hours of my playthrough because I thought they were consumed somehow so they fell under Elixir Syndrome

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Today, in my typical Fromsoft game fashion i got Margit down to like 10 percent on my first try and became worse with almost every attempt. One npc, one jellyfish and one bad me are making this quite the process. I tried summoning a real person but they ate poo poo 2 seconds before i did and then summoning kept failing. I think i'm going to see if i can make my sword a bit better, grab a couple more levels and (hopefully) kick his rear end tomorrow.

I'm on pc with a 3070 and i7-10700 with the extreme preset and other than some occasional very minor slowdown it runs like a champ, so once again i'm forced to conclude that computers are basically magic and there's no predicting them

Thought about this stupid game the whole time i was at work

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm just spending my galloping around looking for sites of grace to come back to later, and scoping out the scenery.

definitely not stalling because I don't feel like getting my rear end kicked by every boss, nope

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

AndrewP posted:

I'm just spending my galloping around looking for sites of grace to come back to later, and scoping out the scenery.

definitely not stalling because I don't feel like getting my rear end kicked by every boss, nope

Honestly it's not a bad strategy, there's lots of really good poo poo just lying around.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Anyone have a preferred weapon art for greatswords? I enjoyed blowing up launchable minibosses with Stamp -> Upper Cut but I'd like something I can use against the plethora of high-poise fuckers in this game. Apparently Wild Strikes is oddly good with them since you retain increased poise and attack at a speed and frequency that chews through mobs?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Just got quite a few more summons but honestly don't see myself moving from the jellyfish. Poison is strong and whatever its downsides are are more than made up for by the fact that it can take more than 3 hits. Plus it just floats there all fun like, adorable!

Idiot Doom Spiral
Jan 2, 2020

Khanstant posted:

awww just helped a host beat margit... except they died and i killed it so idk if they get the credit or not

They get the credit if it works like previous games.

Edit: Stealing from Patches twice, because of course.

Idiot Doom Spiral fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Feb 26, 2022

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
The Twinblade really changed my playthrough.
I kept trying to force the game to be Sekiro with the Katana were as now I just spin through fools.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Everybody I've summoned to help with Magrit has died way before I did, and way before my jelly would've. I guess I can summon more than 1? Not quite to the point of doing that much cheese tho

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Uhhhh well this is a predicament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I just barely beat Magrit, jesus christ.

That might not have quite been Sword Saint Isshin levels of ridiculous, but that was still pretty tough for an early boss.