Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Russians getting into Melitpol

https://twitter.com/GirkinGirkin/status/1497415617674104832

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

sum posted:

The worse things get for Ukraine the more absurd the spin gets, and people are just eating it up. Two Russian jets supposedly explode over Kiev without anyone photographing it -- everyone celebrating. Russia advances more rapidly than Germany did in Poland -- "the blitzkrieg has failed." Russian troops advancing down the streets of the loving capital two days after the war started -- "Russia will remember this defeat." Reading Twitter makes me feel like I'm going insane.

deploying the strategic copium reserve

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

lol does anyone know what Graves Registration is?

I’m not being a dick. Seriously, what does the average American think happens to bodies left on the field after fight moves on? Complete identifiable bodies with a single bullet wound?

What about body parts and other unsanitary remnants of war? What about intermingled remains? Burnt out vehicles?

I’m trying to be chill about the question but the extent to which Americans are so cloistered it hadn’t even occurred to them that there might be bodies on a battlefield is sickening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98QXOhVR23I

The evil US Army has mobile crematoriums!!

It's very sad. I hope I am chad enough not to be the person that is a bundle laying on the pavement during an 8-hour shootout.

Apparently, some of the soldiers wearing Ukrainian uniforms that were slain early on during Kyiv operations were in fact Russian commandos, which is in itself a violation of war crimes to wear enemy uniforms.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

paul_soccer12 posted:

yeah a bloody insurgency fought by ukrainians but armed and funded by NATO is the idea

who cares what it does to the population so long as it destabilizes PUTIN

I mean Russia could not be invading and no one would be dead. Many sides many sides.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

paul_soccer12 posted:

how is that relevant

Putin is associated with Trump in their minds - it's part of why they need to take such a hard-line "fight Russia at all costs" position. To do anything less would equate to "being easy on Trump" in some way.

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

paul_soccer12 posted:

yeah a bloody insurgency fought by ukrainians but armed and funded by NATO is the idea

who cares what it does to the population so long as it destabilizes PUTIN

Fuel war economy by sneaking them guns and then fuel the oil economy as number goes up from sanctions. Capitalist gears continue rotating.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Man Musk posted:

Russians are not supposed to perish in war.

Yes the thing the russians know about the GPW is nobody died on their side.

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

Putin is associated with Trump in their minds - it's part of why they need to take such a hard-line "fight Russia at all costs" position. To do anything less would equate to "being easy on Trump" in some way.

It is possible to be anti-war while being leftist.

Here is a very well-though essay from a Ukrainian leftist, for example...

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/odr/a-letter-to-the-western-left-from-kyiv/

mcclay
Jul 8, 2013

Oh dear oh gosh oh darn
Soiled Meat

Man Musk posted:

It is possible to be anti-war while being leftist.

Here is a very well-though essay from a Ukrainian leftist, for example...

https://www.opendemocracy.net/en/odr/a-letter-to-the-western-left-from-kyiv/

this is a p. mid posting gimmick

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
warhammer taught me to never trust dwarfs and i carry that knowledge with me every day i see the russian tyrant putin

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Man Musk posted:

Apparently, some of the soldiers wearing Ukrainian uniforms that were slain early on during Kyiv operations were in fact Russian commandos, which is in itself a violation of war crimes to wear enemy uniforms.

in the same way that all the random people shot or detained by the newly armed and deputized citizenry of kiev are definitely russian spies and saboteurs, I'm sure

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

You see parking a poo poo ton of soldiers and heavy military equipment in an act of gross imperialism
is fine so long as it triggers lib imperialism.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

StashAugustine posted:

https://twitter.com/spectatorindex/status/1497026796453515266

okay im pro putin now, the slav farm bonus is pretty strong

Wololo

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Tiler Kiwi posted:

warhammer taught me to never trust dwarfs and i carry that knowledge with me every day i see the russian tyrant putin

that's a grudgin'

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Man Musk posted:

It's very sad. I hope I am chad enough not to be the person that is a bundle laying on the pavement during an 8-hour shootout.

no one has shown any proof, like identity documents or equipment to show that they were russians instead of ukranians killing each other out of paranoia and the free gun handouts

Oil!
Nov 5, 2008

Der's e'rl in dem der hills!

Ham Wrangler

Tiler Kiwi posted:

A Dwarf will always uphold a grudge

Edit:

Buck Wildman posted:

that's a grudgin'

gently caress

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

correctus

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

mcclay posted:

it is literally Day 3

Thanks to covid hyper time it feels like this poo poo has been going on for a month

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

StashAugustine posted:

Jaimie pull up what France has been up to recently

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

sum posted:

The worse things get for Ukraine the more absurd the spin gets, and people are just eating it up. Two Russian jets supposedly explode over Kiev without anyone photographing it -- everyone celebrating. Russia advances more rapidly than Germany did in Poland -- "the blitzkrieg has failed." Russian troops in the streets of the loving capital two days after the war started -- "Russia will remember this defeat." Reading Twitter makes me feel like I'm going insane.

Thank you!!

They silenced nearly every single Ukrainian artillery battery from what I can see, including the stuff I read in the trade papers today. No Ukrainian artillery battalion or brigade sized units seem to be up and operating anywhere. That doesn’t mean every gun destroyed and all crews killed, the Ukrainians are still firing sporadic harassment, mostly with mortars, but their artillery has been removed as an operational factor.

That’s incredible. That’s absolutely incredible.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

sum posted:

The worse things get for Ukraine the more absurd the spin gets, and people are just eating it up. Two Russian jets supposedly explode over Kiev without anyone photographing it -- everyone celebrating. Russia advances more rapidly than Germany did in Poland -- "the blitzkrieg has failed." Russian troops in the streets of the loving capital two days after the war started -- "Russia will remember this defeat." Reading Twitter makes me feel like I'm going insane.

Baghdad Bob should've applied for a job as a CNN anchor.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

StashAugustine posted:

Man who unironically calls himself Jupiter: "can you believe this guy wants to rebuild empires!!!! What the gently caress!!"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

mcclay posted:

it is literally Day 3

*rips betting slips to shreds and throws them above head* NUTS THE WIFE'S GONNA KILL ME

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
generally i think invasions are bad unless its not really an invasion, like someone going, "its an invasion.... of cuteness!!!" its really a clever thing when they do that cuz i get that tension in my gut before realizing they're talking about the heckin puppers charging into the puppy bowl

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Tiler Kiwi posted:

generally i think invasions are bad unless its not really an invasion, like someone going, "its an invasion.... of cuteness!!!" its really a clever thing when they do that cuz i get that tension in my gut before realizing they're talking about the heckin puppers charging into the puppy bowl

I thought letting Michael Vic ref the puppy bowl this year was in bad taste

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Lukashenko is clearly Tzar boris.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

sum posted:

I've been avoiding most commentary outside of this thread, because it's genuinely unsettling seeing people talking about this like it's just another one of their media stories (not that it isn't also in this thread, but it's at least a minority here, as opposed to the dominant viewpoint everywhere else).

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

I thought letting Michael Vic ref the puppy bowl this year was in bad taste

this is some twilight zone level whiplash

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/ZelenskyyUa/status/1497450853380280320?s=20&t=wv3ULdTy4kib0o6U92lBBQ

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Frosted Flake posted:

Thank you!!

They silenced nearly every single Ukrainian artillery battery from what I can see, including the stuff I read in the trade papers today. No Ukrainian artillery battalion or brigade sized units seem to be up and operating anywhere. That doesn’t mean every gun destroyed and all crews killed, the Ukrainians are still firing sporadic harassment, mostly with mortars, but their artillery has been removed as an operational factor.

That’s incredible. That’s absolutely incredible.

Is that a way to access those journals without a clearance? I don’t know how much you can post.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
Reminder to all the utter dipshits here: it took the United States over a month to fully take Iraq, a country smaller, with fewer people, than The Ukraine, and this was only after the United States had literally starved Iraq for over a decade and essentially destroyed their entire army through deprivation.

If Russia could take all of Ukraine in 2 days they would be the greatest army in the history of the world.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

I hope this Neo Nazi rear end in a top hat dies screaming

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

fits my needs posted:

oh this is for real and not a joke lol

you could print out the icon and receive its power

Man Musk
Jan 13, 2010

MLSM posted:

He's Jewish, lad. You're on some copium.

https://i.imgur.com/TfUZcku.mp4

https://i.imgur.com/AVDAzpV.mp4

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Tiler Kiwi posted:

woke up and already tired :smith:

:hfive::hf::hfive:

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

From what I've heard, logistics limit the Russians from carrying the offensive for more than a week. If so, they're hosed.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I realize that people may not understand what it means, but there’s basically no functioning Ukrainian military formations of any substantial size around Kiev. Company sized, platoons, other scattered elements and a poo poo tonne of guns for civilians, but it’s not like an organized defence by a Brigade or Regiment. That’s why it’s being sold as plucky individual success or people all coming together. Military units have ceased to function in a way that matters operationally.

It’s astounding. Their military isn’t a factor in their capital, 2 days into a war. Incredible.

The Russians are back.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

MLSM posted:

The jewish dove is actually a neonazi.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/KofmanMichael/status/1497456037070315520

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

CaptainACAB posted:

Reminder to all the utter dipshits here: it took the United States over a month to fully take Iraq, a country smaller, with fewer people, than The Ukraine, and this was only after the United States had literally starved Iraq for over a decade and essentially destroyed their entire army through deprivation.

If Russia could take all of Ukraine in 2 days they would be the greatest army in the history of the world.

Oh and the United States had about twice the troops and considerably more firepower than the Russians do here.