Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

punishedkissinger posted:

ok but in real life Kevin would have killed those fuckers almost immediately with the poo poo he set up

I would lose all of my poo poo if they started bukkake'ing tanks with Ukrainian flag colors and said tanks just started running into each other blinded while they were trying to flee.

Please just give me this video. Please God.

E: I would also accept a rainbow theme color palette

cr0y fucked around with this message at 08:10 on Feb 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

*Abu Tow enters the chat*

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

ok but in real life Kevin would have killed those fuckers almost immediately with the poo poo he set up

Someone could make an amazing montage of edited Home Alone clips where Putin is Joe Pesci, Lukashenko or someone is Marv, and Zelensky is Kevin.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

acidx posted:

One other thing to consider if this conflict goes on for longer than a few weeks is that there's a lot of people in the eastern hemisphere who would love to shoot at Russian soldiers.

https://twitter.com/suheilhammoud/status/1497199703641014272

That dude is apparently the TOW Sniper...
https://twitter.com/michaeldweiss/status/1497306977097105412?s=20&t=jnUWn-ujWUTtlLmrPtA8eA

Freudian slippers
Jun 23, 2009
US Goon shocked and appalled to find that world is a dirty, unjust place

A big flaming stink posted:

I'm trying to caution people from being swept up in the romanticism of the idea of a heroic war.

war is not heroic, it is a machine that churns out corpses. snake island was a senseless tragedy that claimed 13 lives. when I see tweets talking about arming civilians with rifles or teaching them to make Molotovs, all I can envision is them getting slaughtered by trained professionals, to say nothing of injuring themselves due to lack of training.

in my mind, efforts to gussy up how brave dead soldiers were is just a means to trick others into feeding themselves to the war machine

If there's one time when arming civilians is the prudent thing to do, it's probably when your loving capital is under siege by the loving Russians.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

the popes toes posted:

*Abu Tow enters the chat*

Promote Abu TOW to Abu Javelin inshallah

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

it's heroic when a firefighter rushes into a burning building but that doesn't make fires "good". what is with you obtuse fuckers?

I don't like war and would prefer people to be safe and well and not have to fight and die for their freedoms. I am not being obtuse I am trying my best to lay out my ideas.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Gervasius posted:

Promote Abu TOW to Abu Javelin inshallah

Nah, keep him on TOWs. Javelin is fire-and-forget, you want an artist's touch to man a SACLOS to his degree.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Josef bugman posted:

I don't like war and would prefer people to be safe and well and not have to fight and die for their freedoms. I am not being obtuse I am trying my best to lay out my ideas.

It is important to remember that the nazis werent beaten by dialogue or nonviolent resistance. They were shot in the head, and the rest were hanged.

EDIT:

Goddamn autocorrect

Keisari fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Feb 26, 2022

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
This footage appears to be from the base of that large residential building that was struck. I'm assuming it's still Ukrainian forces present here.

https://twitter.com/ragipsoylu/status/1497464459794735109

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

I've seen some claims that there's gonna be meetings about further increasing sanctions, but this is confirmed:

https://twitter.com/haynesdeborah/status/1497466932794064897?t=-iPjuyzpqtyd04XVPYPsFw&s=19

Caros
May 14, 2008

Inner Light posted:

Wow that sure is catastrophic damage to a 100% civilian high rise building no?

Don't worry, Hamas has offices there.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Josef bugman posted:

the world you would prefer is beautiful and ideal. but it is not the world we have and it is unlikely to ever exist

in the world which we live in, people who rush into danger to save the lives of others are considered heroic. this is to reward them for their reckless and self harming but altruistic behavior. for reasons, the underdog in an unfair conflict is considered heroic

we can applaud the world you see in your dreams while also applauding the dirty world which exists around us and the people who make hard choices of death and glory in that world

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

edit - old

marxismftw fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Feb 26, 2022

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Josef bugman posted:

Mate... that's great and all and I'm sure many of us would like that too. But that's clearly not an option here, I hope you understand that.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i'd prefer a world where the sewage pipe never bursts but, living in the world where the sewage pipe can burst, i respect the hell out of the person who wades into the poo poo and fixes the sewage pipe

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

I have a pacifist friend who is constantly tying himself in knots trying to both-sides this and I feel a vague disgust at them. I just can't understand the rationale: I'm all for not shooting people and working for peace & understanding, but when it's the loving Russian army at your door coming to shut down your independence and to take away any and all who dare to resist, any and all alternatives to going at them with everything you got are not really alternatives. Celebrating the Ukrainian's resolve and heroism in the face of an existential threat is the natural and commendable human reaction.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Pretty sure that answers the "does molotov work on russian armor" debate.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

That was posted earlier--unfortunately, apparently it's thought that it was from the Maidan in 2014, not now.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

edit: nvm

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If you think Putin believing this war would be easy - is crazy. People get high on their own supply. Nazis believed the United States wouldnt be able to mobilize troops to Europe until the 70s. The Japanese believed their brown eyes gave them a nighttime navy advantage over their enemies blue eyes.

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

Sir John Falstaff posted:

That was posted earlier--unfortunately, apparently it's thought that it was from the Maidan in 2014, not now.

whooops

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Josef bugman posted:

Then you would be subjugated if that's your choice, it's ok. It's not a new idea.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Keisari posted:

It is importance to remember that the nazis werent beaten by dialogue or nonviolent resistance. They were shot in the head, and the rest were hanged.

Well really many of them were recruited by Western governments and the Soviets for their scientific knowledge. And de-nazification in Western Germany is generally considered a failure. But yeah, they shot some in the head.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Keisari posted:

It is importance to remember that the nazis werent beaten by dialogue or nonviolent resistance. They were shot in the head, and the rest were hanged.

Sure. But I don't think that one should look at a thing that kills people and think of it as good. It is neccesary, frequently, but it's not glorious.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

No big deal. That video will likely be interchangeable with dozens of others we'll be getting over the next several days.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

Josef bugman posted:

Sure. But I don't think that one should look at a thing that kills people and think of it as good. It is neccesary, frequently, but it's not glorious.

it's good to kill fascists, colonizers, and imperialists. not only necessary, but good.

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

Josef bugman posted:

Cool man, think we've hashed out your position on the matter

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Cars kill people and I like cars

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Apparent footage of the hit

https://twitter.com/BNONews/status/1497469082018455555

Christ almighty

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

WaltherFeng posted:

Pretty sure that answers the "does molotov work on russian armor" debate.

these are molotovs combined with barricades. molotovs themselves are not very effective weapons, they are more like desperation weapons. not as good as a gun, but better than a rock or something. however, there are very few vehicles which appreciate being in flames, so that is one of the points in favor of a molotov - a better-than-nothing way to light some bullshit on fire. all combustion-driven vehicles have to breathe air to move, and they have a much harder time breathing fire than air. plus also, air ventilation for the crew, various poo poo tacked on to the outside of the vehicle which is now on fire, and so on. props to the ukrainian militia for technique, you don't just want one molotov, you want a dozen or more of them, just constantly coming down like a gently caress you curtain on the thing you're trying to kill

the biggest question i have here is, why are russian military vehicles trying to ram barricades??? like, the better thing to do would be to hang back and shoot enough bullets and shells at the barricades to (1) scare off anyone nearby from trying to gently caress with you (2) clear out the barricade enough so that you don't have to slam your vehicles into it. what in the gently caress is the plan here?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Looks like Russians have taken Melitopol. Not clear how well they are fortified there, though.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Even if it is, it does show Ukrainians are pretty handy with Molotovs

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Josef bugman posted:

If your concept of morality is detached from necessity, it's time to reevaluate.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

it's good to kill fascists, colonizers, and imperialists. not only necessary, but good.

I'd disagree. It's necessary, but it's to important to remember that it is another person you are killing. Sometimes it is important and neccesary to do so. Something can need doing and still be not good.

acidx posted:

Cool man, think we've hashed out your position on the matter

I'm just trying to respond to people. I am sorry if this is derailing things.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

when you think about it, isn't it really the Federations fault that the Cardassians re-invaded Bajor?

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Josef bugman posted:

I'm just trying to respond to people. I am sorry if this is derailing things.

For what its worth I don't really agree with you but appreciate you taking the time and effort to respond. Take care of yourself.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kraftwerk posted:

How does US and Polish support help Ukraine now? Like how do you even distribute and move all those NLAWS and Javelin missiles to the front without getting your supply lines bombed to poo poo.

The Russians surely know about the Lviv corridor and plan to interdict it somehow?

Then there’s the other question, how do any of these new enlisted troops in Ukraine stand a chance if there’s zero time to train them?

I’m just trying to understand if any of this material support can actually help. Like don’t you need a lot of training to fire a javelin or a stinger missile?

Javelin are relatively simple to use

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
E: already corrected

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Freudian slippers posted:

If there's one time when arming civilians is the prudent thing to do, it's probably when your loving capital is under siege by the loving Russians.

I vehemently disagree that blurring the lines between civilian and combatant is ever appropriate.