Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the most powerful?
Nakajima
Kenoh
Mutoh
Marufuji
Hayata
Go
Kenoh's hairdresser
View Results

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

EdsTeioh posted:

Does Universe do that dumb poo poo where they bill you on the 1st regardless of when you actually sign up? I've been putting off subscribing but don't want to get billed twice in 5 days.

I believe that's the standard for any Japanese company, so it will probably pay to wait till the 1st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

EdsTeioh posted:

Does Universe do that dumb poo poo where they bill you on the 1st regardless of when you actually sign up? I've been putting off subscribing but don't want to get billed twice in 5 days.

Yes, they do that. Every Japanese service I've subbed to does that for whatever reason.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Njpw is lucky they have Tanahashi. Imagine these guys reaction to being told they were losing their title to someone just coming back from excursion .

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I think Tanahashi may legit be the most selfless big wrestling star I've ever seen. Weird how him putting over as many people as he can doesn't appear to have affected how big of a star he himself is :thunk:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/bme_87/status/1496599397249040396?s=20&t=1agSZoMhGFQWPS0OEaqR5Q

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

It's funny to me to see Yo-Hey teaming with Kotoge since it doesn't seem that long ago that YH usurped control of Full Throttle from Kotoge, even though that was three stables ago

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Not knowing the details but seeing that Fujita won... I wanted to ask if this was a gold watch run or something but continually refusing to job at the age of 50 is ridiculous.

Free Kaito.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Fujita has officially signed for NOAH.

Also they've signed a Pakistani amateur wrestler who will join up after the Paris Olympics.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

There is so much in Noah I want to love, so much I do love, but the Mutoh tendency and the way Nosawa books is like stirring a spoonful of sugar into your coffee then realising it was salt.

It could be such a good company. But step one to making it good would be retiring Mutoh.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Lamuella posted:

It could be such a good company. But step one to making it good would be retiring Mutoh.

There is a flaw in your plan

Ziggy Tzardust fucked around with this message at 10:46 on Feb 24, 2022

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

There is a flaw in your plan

I will also settle for replacing Mutoh on all cards with Liger.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

https://twitter.com/noah_ghc/status/1496824751070711812

Katsuhiko Nakajima is out of the next show with a perforated eardrum. One of the replies says there was a slap in the Fujita match where Mutoh immediately called that he'd torn his eardrum.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

So on top of being made to look like a chump he got injured too. Jesus Christ.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

Fujita has officially signed for NOAH.

When it comes out that he's got a creative control clause like WCW Hulk Hogan I am going to die.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Me today: Lol NOWA put the belt on a 51 year old.

Me 20 years ago: 50+ year old Tenryu :love:

(I in no way retract my endorsement of Tenryu)

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lmao goddamnit noah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ditch posted:

(I in no way retract my endorsement of Tenryu)

7 years ago a 65-year-old Tenryu wrestled his last ever match, and lost to Kazuchika Okada. In 15 years, Fujita will wrestle Yuya Uemura in his last ever match.... and go over. And it will be Uemura's last ever match, not Fujita's. And Fujita will continue trading the belt back and forth with Mutoh for the enthusiastic "crowd" of NOSAWA in an empty warehouse with the NOAH logo clumsily scrawled on the wall.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Uh oh, Kongoh juniors just started fighting each other. Tadasuke just unmasked Aleja

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

NOSAWAAAAAAAAAAAAHGH

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Working on the theory that if you get a stamp from every Juniors faction you get a free coffee next time you come in.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Lamuella posted:

Uh oh, Kongoh juniors just started fighting each other. Tadasuke just unmasked Aleja

loving :lol: Ever since Go came back NOSAWA had returned to booking the junior division like a game of pass the parcel

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

SG Bamboo posted:

loving :lol: Ever since Go came back NOSAWA had returned to booking the junior division like a game of pass the parcel

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Looking forward to the NOAH Olds edit for the next random veteran title win that takes us all by surprise

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/metal0515/status/1497228531444568064?s=20&t=8Rtk3KovrFBhvYV88jctGg

At least someone who does social media for NOAH shares our pain

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Watching on from the Kongoh betrayal I was very happy Daiki Inaba got the win for his team, I like the dude but he's real low on the totem pole

e: and the Kenoh/Ohara pose looks pretty rad

FatBagzJones
Apr 29, 2021
Just finished watching Gain Control show (didn't knew results ). Man that just sad. Literally a year ago Mutoh was world champ,some liked, I personally didn't, I know that Go needed to drop title to take time off, but when Mutoh was champ, world title matches quality droped big time, at similar time Fijita was national champ. At that time my interest in company started to decline, but in late 2021 it was back up. I really hoped that Naka would hold title at least until summer. The whole thing was made when Nakajima won title, that last time I was champion NOAH was in bad place, but now it's whole different situation because NOAH is most relevant in years....

That loving sucks.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah I missed most of the Shiozaki run but NOAH being part of that fantastic Wrestle Universe package meant I figured I would give the promotion a go, and while there was annoying poo poo with Mutoh it still seemed like they were building up something and had some really awesome wrestlers like Nakajima, Kiyomiya and my beautiful pissy little man Kenoh that I got invested in seeing succeed.

Watching all of them eat poo poo and get replaced as champions by a bunch of old men is just depressing.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
To be fair, what were they thinking when they signed/booked old talents with creative control over their booking? Or hire NOSAWA as a booker, knowing his booking style? I would've watched NOAH without Mutoh, Fujita, or Funaki (although I do actually like the last two).

(on a lighter note, it's funny that current NOAH is more "Strong Style" than current NJPW now, not that the term ever mattered beyond a branding perspective, but still)

Lily Catts fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 28, 2022

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Lily Catts posted:

To be fair, what were they thinking when they signed/booked old talents with creative control over their booking? Or hire NOSAWA as a booker, knowing his booking style? I would've watched NOAH without Mutoh, Fujita, or Funaki (although I do actually like the last two).

How to attract the older demographic to adopt Abema, though I guess only Mutoh is over enough to do that.

Nosawa is a pre-CyberAgent appointment though. He's a holdover from the LIDET era and was somehow an executive on the LIDET board until he announced his resignation during the first GLEAT show

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

It's very funny that Sugiura and Mochi are the best olds in the company by a large margin and have absolutely no problem being selfless.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Tonfa posted:

It's very funny that Sugiura and Mochi are the best olds in the company by a large margin and have absolutely no problem being selfless.

Not sure if Mocchy is actually freelance now or if he's still signed to DG but regardless he seems to have no problems jobbing even in his home promotion (he lost squeaky-clean to his own student, Kota Minoura, last year), so it makes sense for him to be putting the boys over in NOAH. I was more surprised that he got a title reign, if only brief and transitory.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Nosawa booked himself with some Nosawa booking again.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

While it's cool we're getting the international guys back, the last time we saw Dupree was on NOAH the Universal and it was real grim

https://mobile.twitter.com/noahglobal/status/1502552408018518016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

At the start of this year with NOAH doing the New Japan shows and building potential follow-up matches like Naito and Kenoh, Shingo and Nakajima etc, I was really excited about NOAH as a promotion. It's impressive how quickly and efficiently they managed to shut down that interest :sigh:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Give Dupree the belt

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Anyone been able to get the WU iOS app to stream to an AppleTV? Mine keeps saying that no devices are found but every other app works fine.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Sugiura and Suzuki vs Kenoh and Funaki was pretty good fun at Great Voyage. The Kongo / Stinger six man is turning out pretty well too.

No mention of bootleg shirts on commentary.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

"OK, so this next six man has Aleja and Haoh in it. Weird to have two Kongo six man matches in a row... wait a second."

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Kendo Kashin doing Orange Cassidy chops was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Hey look at that, a young guy won a title in NOAH!