Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah zeus is not a huge problem. A field wipe is strong but its not a lockout on the level of say, Artifact Scythe plus negates.

Accesscode on the other hand has absolutely no right to require only 2+.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I slightly prefer seeing Accesscode Talker everywhere to seeing Appolousa everywhere. Slightly.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mean, if your out involves putting one or more monsters on the field and using a spell speed 1 effect, Zeus is a bit of a lockout.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
It’s more of its absurd defensive capability to non-target non-destroy super-raigeki/feather wipe whatever and whenever outside of battle phase battle step.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Feb 25, 2022

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Zeus is a better Exciton Knight with way too much attack and defense.

gently caress it. I'll be happy when it's gone.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

zeus feels like a card that was made to get people to start using battle traps again but nobody took the bait

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

No point in trying to use battle traps when the opponent is just going to get rid of them before the battle phase.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I feel like Zeus would be a fair-adjacent card if it was once per chain or once per turn.

It is neither, which is insane.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Here’s the scenario of facing a Zeus:
If you have no negate/one-card-kill, you have to put up something threatening in MP1 to bait its wipe, which cost you resources.

If you don’t have something threatening or it didn’t bite, you have no choice but to start battle phase, and then it will wipe you.

If you decides to save up and set your stuff in MP2, it will wipe you unless you baited it on previous phases.

A good xyz player will do extra xyz to make extra stack of materials for zeus, so expect two wipe.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 25, 2022

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

King of Solomon posted:

I feel like Zeus would be a fair-adjacent card if it was once per chain or once per turn.

It is neither, which is insane.

I learned that the hard way when I tried to Sheou negate its poo poo. :negative:

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Oh nice, they're going to rebalance some of the really bad solo gates.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I just don't like that Zeus has such a piss easy summoning requirement for how strong it is, plus it conspicuously lacks any once per turn restrictions when it's pretty much on every modern card. It may not be the most broken card in the game right now, but it's obviously a really lazy design.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

How's your day going? :geno:

Edit:

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Feb 26, 2022

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

holy gently caress adamancipator is boring to play against for how long that combo is to lose to

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
Ahaha. That poor Traptrix player. I ate a Nib on turn 1, an I:P Masq, a kaiju, and wound up tributing their Underworld Goddess of the Closed World to summon my own and win the game. I'm glad Evil * Twins have so many combo starters, I think I had to rebuild my board from scratch every single turn.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

blizzardvizard posted:

I just don't like that Zeus has such a piss easy summoning requirement for how strong it is, plus it conspicuously lacks any once per turn restrictions when it's pretty much on every modern card. It may not be the most broken card in the game right now, but it's obviously a really lazy design.

It cant be made turn one which is effectively one of the strictest summoning restrictions in the modern meta tbh

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
I got nibured when i was going off with super quants but the person who did it couldnt get over the 8800/9000 wall they gave me so i still won the next turn

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
Remote duel YCS announced.

Relevant bit:

quote:

Q: What are the Rules for MASTER DUEL Remote Duel Tournaments?
A: This event allows you to use your own device and connect to others remotely for a MASTER DUEL format, Single-Elimination event. Test your Deck builds in a Duel using the latest MASTER DUEL Forbidden and Limited restrictions to compete for MASTER DUEL Prizes (while supplies last)!

Rounds will be played best of three (3) Duels.
Rounds will be 50 minutes long.

Between each Duel, you may use your Side Deck to alter your Deck for the next Duel.

Your Side Deck is every card in your collection.
Any changes can be made to the Deck between Duels of a Match, including the following:
Adding Cards
Subtracting Cards
The Deck must be legal for play (appropriate number of cards in the Main and Side Deck, complies with the Forbidden and Limited list available within the MASTER DUEL app).
If the Duelist believes there is an error or other issue with their Deck, they should contact a Judge immediately.
After you finish preparing your Deck, please notify the judge that you have completed Side Decking and are ready to start your next Duel.
Failure to do this by the 3-minute mark may result in appropriate penalties.
If there are any issues while Side Decking or connecting to the room after confirming you are ready for your next Duel, please notify a judge immediately.
Duelists are required to revert their Deck back to its original Deck prior to the start of each Match in an On-Demand Single-Elimination Public Event. Players must have a MASTER DUEL legal-for-play Deck prior to each played Game/Match.
Some MASTER DUEL Events will require Deck Lists, please be sure to check event information regarding Deck Lists to confirm.

In case of a disconnect, win/loss will be determined by the result given in-game. If the app crashes, or both Duelists disconnect simultaneously and a win is not decided, the Duelists will restart that Duel using the same Decks. Side Decking will not be allowed for that specific Duel.

Instructions on how the competitors can connect to the in-game Tournament Room will be provided once you are seated for the events.

Duelists will need to have the latest MASTER DUEL app installed on their device to participate in Tournaments. The latest version of MASTER DUEL is v1.02.

So apparently Konami decided that rather than program in proper side decking functionality, they're just going to let you use your whole collection as a side deck. I can only imagine the insanity of a best of three card game format where your opponent might whip out a whole new deck game two.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Skios posted:

So apparently Konami decided that rather than program in proper side decking functionality, they're just going to let you use your whole collection as a side deck.

:psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

Are they loving insane there's no way this will work in any fair manner

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Oh, hey, Konami had another ridiculous, stupid idea for how to do remote play that's going to blow up almost immediately.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
That is the worst idea ive ever heard of

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I mean, you could think of it like tagging out characters in a fighting game? I guess? But that's definitely giving too much credit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

The best possible interpretation of it is "you have access to your whole collection, but you can still only change a maximum of fifteen cards", which is... not much better, but at least a little better.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

girl dick energy posted:

The best possible interpretation of it is "you have access to your whole collection, but you can still only change a maximum of fifteen cards", which is... not much better, but at least a little better.

"A little" doing a lot of work tho lol, if youre a graveyard deck imagine them replacing every rotatable slot with dd crow, called by the grave, that one ghost girl, and gently caress it soul banish idk

Its just too broad a side-deck, you essentially have 15 distinct cards for every match-up, these games will suck lol

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Your opponent could also be on a completely different deck game 2 though, so going all in like that may be bad.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

quote:

Between each Duel, you may use your Side Deck to alter your Deck for the next Duel.

Your Side Deck is every card in your collection.
Any changes can be made to the Deck between Duels of a Match, including the following:
Adding Cards
Subtracting Cards
Just replace this whole text with "You can change deck between duel."

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

You always have to lead with the same deck, but games 2 and 3 are chaos

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Your opponent could also be on a completely different deck game 2 though, so going all in like that may be bad.

I am assuming the 15 card changeover is still the limit, also you dont have infinite sideboard time

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
It isnt clear from the statement, but they have to submit a decklist so like, that suggests you cant completely change the deck over

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

The mindgames will be incredible

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

There’s also a three minute time limit on sidedecking and with as slow as MD is, good luck switching out the entire deck.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Vandar posted:

There’s also a three minute time limit on sidedecking and with as slow as MD is, good luck switching out the entire deck.

With favorited cards 3 minutes is plenty of time. :shrug:

And man I am imagining the game 2 rage switches.

"Oh boy I can't wait to test out this new deck!"

*Gets OTK'd turn 2 and side decks to a full Drytron list* "Listen here u little poo poo"

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Depending on the shell, 15 cards can basically totally pivot a deck, if the engine is mostly the same.

The main issue is that you'd need to keep the same extra deck, or factor that into your changes. So I could mostly see it being useful for, like, swapping from Invoked Shaddoll Dogmatika to Invoked Eldlich, or what have you, and just use the irrelevant cards for Pot of Prosperity fuel.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 26, 2022

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Normally you can have extra deck cards for side-decking. Usually the only limitation of the side deck is that it is 15 legal cards and doesn't pass the limits (can't have 2 of a card in Main then 2 in side, etc)

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Flagrama posted:

Normally you can have extra deck cards for side-decking. Usually the only limitation of the side deck is that it is 15 legal cards and doesn't pass the limits (can't have 2 of a card in Main then 2 in side, etc)
Yeah. What I mean is you can't change out your entire extra deck, because that would BE your whole 15. So unless you're changing to something that doesn't use or rely on the ED (I chose Eldlich as an example for a reason), you can't completely swap decks.

Flagrama
Jun 19, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

girl dick energy posted:

Yeah. What I mean is you can't change out your entire extra deck, because that would BE your whole 15. So unless you're changing to something that doesn't use or rely on the ED (I chose Eldlich as an example for a reason), you can't completely swap decks.

My bad, misunderstood what you were saying.

However, I looked this up, it seems that Duel Links also allows you to use your entire collection as a side deck in certain events, but limits you to a side deck of 12 (where up to 3 can be "skills") in others. Seems to depend on if a deck list is required for the event. Master Duel will probably do the same, but a deck list isn't required for this event, so your entire collection is the side deck this time.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I really wish there was a casual queue, I actually can't recall the last time I played a deck that wasn't Eldlich, Traptrix, or Dragon Maid. Let me use my less meta deck in peace you maniacs

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Zodack posted:

I really wish there was a casual queue, I actually can't recall the last time I played a deck that wasn't Eldlich, Traptrix, or Dragon Maid. Let me use my less meta deck in peace you maniacs
Stay at Gold.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
By what, mashing surrender enough times to derank whenever I get too close to Plat? Sure, but that's a bit of a silly response to an option that would be a much better alternative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

I'm definatly regretting hitting plat a few hours before the end of the last ranking, gold is full of plat tryhards right now and I think I've managed to end a turn with a card on the field once out of the past three games.