Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Welp, Majora's Mask is up.

I'm assuming Nintendo has fixed the memory card issue?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
Alright, I'm off the weekend. I have no date. Elden Ring on the TV, and Majora's Mask on handheld.

Let's rock.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The Elder of Zelda: George R.R's Mask

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

b_d posted:

i haven't played the game yet but my advice is to just stop reading tips and tricks and just do stuff and see what happens.

That's true. I've made a save since I like my build but I'll stop worrying about it and just go forward. I can't recall the last time a game has had me laughing out loud.

Electromax
May 6, 2007
The early stretch of Earthbound is kind of tough when you just have Ness. I had to grind a bit after Frank was knifing me to death in 2 hits, then again the fight vs. 5 cops I had to grind when their karate chops were doing 48 of my 90 HP. I think I'm getting close to 2nd party member but it reminds me of DQ1 on NES, where you don't have many options besides trading blows until you need a heal and hoping they miss once or twice. Never gotten very far before.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Google Butt posted:

get it together fuckin nintendorks

oh hey the Famicom Wars boxart

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Electromax posted:

The early stretch of Earthbound is kind of tough when you just have Ness. I had to grind a bit after Frank was knifing me to death in 2 hits, then again the fight vs. 5 cops I had to grind when their karate chops were doing 48 of my 90 HP. I think I'm getting close to 2nd party member but it reminds me of DQ1 on NES, where you don't have many options besides trading blows until you need a heal and hoping they miss once or twice. Never gotten very far before.

Once you get your second party member and power level them tagging along through the next My Sanctuary location available, you come out with a pretty good power level.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I just generously used rewinds and save states to get through the bullshit fights; I will never grind and you can't make me.

I can imagine playing Earthbound without those when you have the infinite patience of a kid, but I would not play a game like that today.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

In games like earthbound or paper Mario or Chrono Trigger, I generally kill every enemy I see unless I'm really low on resources. I don't really think of it as grinding unless I'm going around in circles on purpose to generate more enemy encounters.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

LODGE NORTH posted:

XCOM 2 deal is sold out both on Amazon and their own website. One day, I will finally play this six year old game.

XCOM 2 Collection deal is "official" through the eShop now. https://www.nintendo.com/store/products/xcom-2-collection-switch/

You miss out on the Gold Points, but it was only $2.50 worth anyway.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

in earthbound make sure you go to the uhh store that sells the uhh thing that upgrades ness's defense. you know, the one... that'll make things easier

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

PK Glock isn't in the official version of the game.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
How's the emulation on Majora's Mask? Is it as wonky as OOT was? Or did they end up fully fixing OOT?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

How's the emulation on Majora's Mask? Is it as wonky as OOT was? Or did they end up fully fixing OOT?

Apparently OoT is now fully fixed.

I never really played MM back in the day (or ever, really) so I don't know how accurate the NSO version is.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Apparently OoT is now fully fixed.

I never really played MM back in the day (or ever, really) so I don't know how accurate the NSO version is.

Nice. Thanks.
I played MM a fair bit back in the day, but not as much as OoT.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Whole bunch of good stuff on sale on the eShop, including the truly fantastic Blaster Master Zero series and Resident Evil Revelations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY
I'm in awe at how fun Resident Evil Revelations 2's raid mode is, especially on the Switch.

(I just reached level 100)

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Morter posted:

I'm in awe at how fun Resident Evil Revelations 2's raid mode is, especially on the Switch.

(I just reached level 100)

Are you a fan of RE4's Mercenary mode, and if so, would you said Raid Mode is better?

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
R2 raid mode is the best score chase in the whole series

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

cum jabbar posted:

I went looking for some stuff on it on youtube, and holy christ I hate auto generated captions.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

https://twitter.com/ComicsByXan/status/1495107836992311296?t=fxm7qf2kKNAsRDvU70PlCw&s=19

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
My brain went “yes Donkey Kong sure but who are the other ones” god drat I’m dumb.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

There was one good meme to the theme of Majora's mask right?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Are you a fan of RE4's Mercenary mode, and if so, would you said Raid Mode is better?

cum jabbar posted:

Mercenary Mode is a score chase.

Raid Mode in Revelations 2 is more of an action RPG with mini-dungeons of increasing difficulty. The mode's strength is in the modularity of guns and characters. You can make absolutely insane poo poo, and you adjust your level to keep things deadly (if desired). It's somewhat of a grind but everything you do helps, giving money or XP, and characters have different (starting) skills and animations for attacks, many having different costumes. The fact that I got to replay this entire-rear end mode on the Switch for 8 bucks (and, contrary to my last Rev2 question, you don't need to complete the campaign at all to get all the levels) ranks this up there in value with money spent vs time spent. :mmmhmm:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Junkie Disease posted:

There was one good meme to the theme of Majora's mask right?

huh?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Might be thinking wrong game, are there good memes for majora?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
first time majoras mask player trip report: I'm going to drown that loving dog in south clocktown the second I get a chance.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Sorry. I'm playing some picross to calm down. Might need to take a step back from MM for now.

Fly Ricky
May 7, 2009

The Wine Taster

Junkie Disease posted:

Yeah some dudes gf is MM, he walks by OOoT and turns his head staring. Classic ice burn.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Junkie Disease posted:

there are a billion memes for everything, and, they're freaking epic.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

There time is now

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
DAWN OF THE FINAL DAY is the only majora's mask meme I can think of atm

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

It's a good one though.

Here:

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

The Majora's Meme:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEFke7X0ajs

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Junkie Disease posted:

Triangle Strategy is there a thread? I wanna know about classes

Yep it's here.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Maybe that time is never

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

For the longest time, I thought this was Dead Rising.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Also the best ad Nintendo ever produced

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXpnPuqT9qQ

Long version to give it context:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5Mf2mp6fms

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Wasn't there a meme about the creepy Link statue that gets left behind from him playing the Elegy of Emptiness? Ben something? I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Bummed that all the better versions of 64 games are trapped on the DS now.