Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Major Victory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

fits my needs posted:

hahaha the d&d gangtag is based on fake news

easy way to identify a gullible cuck

well in addition to being a d&der

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Maybe the us can make a quick superhero movie about a Ukrainian?

Jim from the Office is gonna star as a hero of snake island

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Brogeoisie posted:

Yeah agreed, though the tone shift in last 24 hours has been abrupt. US on Thursday said no energy sanctions, then press conference yesterday Psaki said its back on the table. You also had Germany say they are evaluating after a hard no, Italy evaluating after a hard no, Hungary flipping (and trying to stockpile oil for their MOL refineries), Cyprus flipping. Those were all the European hold outs. Similarly, UK, Canada, Poland and France are ratcheting up rhetoric. I think odds are it happens in next 2 days where I thought impossible earlier this week

My take is that maybe that’s a clue the Ukrainian Army isn’t winning victory after victory, and the West wants this to end with favourable terms that won’t be decided on the field.

true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012

Azathoth posted:

I'm not going to debase myself and read D&D but can one of you filthy degenerates who does give me a link to Snake Island being fake? I got some people that need to see it.

Surely this is not trying to use a war to own your posting enemies.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

sexpig by night posted:

Jim from the Office is gonna star as a hero of snake island

Plays a noble CIA agent who goes to Ukraine to train partisans who promptly pogrom the local Jews and get their poo poo wrecked whenever they run into actual military forces.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Frosted Flake posted:

My take is that maybe that’s a clue the Ukrainian Army isn’t winning victory after victory, and the West wants this to end with favourable terms that won’t be decided on the field.

Probably also just because of the massive public demand for sanctions

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Is the Ghost of Kyiv fake too :ohdear:

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

OK baizuo posted:

Did that one turn out to be fake too? I thought it was real, even if it was a really stupid and pointless way for those guys to die

is any of this poo poo real

I've never even seen ukraine irl

Rip Testes
Jan 29, 2004

I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception.
Fantasma de Kiev

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Nothus posted:

He's gonna be in Ace Combat 8

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Nothus posted:

Yeah, but at least he's not racist.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Nothus posted:

and if so, does that mean that the ghost of tsushima is fake as well?

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Frosted Flake posted:

In 2019 Medvedev said cutting Russia out of SWIFT would be treated as an act of war. The recent change in tone on cutting Russia out of swift is probably a strategy by the West to expand the conflict because things aren't looking so good for Ukraine

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

SexyBlindfold posted:

It's not what we are seeing. It's what people want to see because it's being packaged to sound cool. Every regular ukrainian civilian armed to the teeth! A bunch of teens choosing to die over surrendering a useless rock in the Caspian sea to the invader! The GHOST OF KYIV, who doesn't exist but would be really cool if he did exist, which is basically the same thing! The staggering russian casualties according to ukrainian government sources, not yet corroborated! What you might be mistaking for posters in this thread cheering for the death of ukrainians and bootlicking for Putin is posters in this thread laughing at the absolute loving shameless way of western media to sell this as the heroic and inspiring tale of a plucky underdog fightin' it out when the only reason they ended up like this is that NATO goaded them into it and then abandoned them to their fate, unwilling to even cut luxury car exports to Russian oligarchs over it. Try to see past how cool it would be if every Ukrainian scalped fifty russians or whatever and see it for what it is for a second: These people got swindled into a war that will absolutely annihilate them, they've already been abandoned by those who were supposed to be their allies, and they need to find a way out soon before the escalating war wipes out an entire generation.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
https://twitter.com/nzekiev/status/1497229026305449987

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
For what its worth, Russia is claiming Snake Island surrendered without casualties, Ukraine is claiming the Russians killed them all. It is really clear that absolutely nothing coming out from either side can be remotely trusted.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

gradenko_2000 posted:

He's gonna be in Ace Combat 8

Yeah, I can't wait for that poo poo. Gonna own.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

true.spoon posted:

Surely this is not trying to use a war to own your posting enemies.

lol no, some friends are buying a bit too hard into the propaganda and i need to shake them out of it

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

wow

dew worm
Apr 20, 2019

Putin might just doing the civ thing and pillage the countryside rather than taking the cities to avoid the warmonger penalty

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

KaptainKrunk posted:

People really don't understand how big Ukraine is or how long war takes. It took the US with 250,000 coalition forces a month to capture 2/3rds of Iraq against a half-starved army with rotting equipment, no air defenses, and no way of actually engaging enemy armored units or helicopters.

Russian units probing the center of Kyiv in three days, making major breakthroughs in the south while half of their forces are still held in reserve is a major victory.

This cuts both ways a little bit, in that Russia's trying to invade a much larger/better equipped country that's getting real time satellite intelligence and active resupply from NATO with a smaller force than the US used to invade zombie Iraq, and there's not much indication so far as to how they intend to deal with major population centers. Obviously I don't think Ukraine's going to militarily defeat the invasion, but I could see the whole thing looking like a pyrrhic victory even faster than the US occupation of Iraq did, especially with the economic damage the West is inflicting on Russia because of the war.

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

jfc lol

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

1stGear posted:

For what its worth, Russia is claiming Snake Island surrendered without casualties, Ukraine is claiming the Russians killed them all. It is really clear that absolutely nothing coming out from either side can be remotely trusted.

The Russians have video of Snake Island surrendering, which is great. I'm glad they didn't die.

pissinthewind
Nov 11, 2021

does this mean the ghost of antifa is fake too

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

SKULL.GIF posted:

wow these peacekeepers and their military exercise really got out of hand huh

They are very realistic exercises.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

is the spectre that's haunting europe fake too? asking for a friend

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Zeroisanumber posted:

The Russians have video of Snake Island surrendering, which is great. I'm glad they didn't die.

I would agree, I would also like to see the video first.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

TeenageArchipelago posted:

yes

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Can't wait for my favorite ghost hunter podcast to drop a special on the Ghost of Kyiv.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Azathoth posted:

hollywood breathes a sigh of relief that they can now make action movies where everyone is white again, every british actor starts working on a vaguely pan-slavic accent

somewhere a lonely warehouse worker is ordered to crack open a shipping container filled with 25 year old track suits labelled COSTUMES and he doesn't know why

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sinteres posted:

This cuts both ways a little bit, in that Russia's trying to invade a much larger/better equipped country that's getting real time satellite intelligence and active resupply from NATO with a smaller force than the US used to invade zombie Iraq, and there's not much indication so far as to how they intend to deal with major population centers. Obviously I don't think Ukraine's going to militarily defeat the invasion, but I could see the whole thing looking like a pyrrhic victory even faster than the US occupation of Iraq did, especially with the economic damage the West is inflicting on Russia because of the war.

Id see this more as the Russian strategy of being like the old medieval tactic of "War of Cows"

Going in to inflict as much economic and political damage to force the side to return back to the negotiating table.

Raccooon
Dec 5, 2009

Reddit has serious the avengers are gonna show up and stop thanos vibes about how war works.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

We have video of someone arriving at a port and being admitted/processed. Supposedly the video shows the surrendered garrison and it may well, but the actual evidence that they surrendered and weren't killed is that we have statements from both sides confirming it. On its own that video would prove very little. They still told the warship to go gently caress itself.

And knowing that, the audio recording of that is alot more funny and not morbid.

Randarkman has issued a correction as of 17:37 on Feb 26, 2022

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

TeenageArchipelago posted:

It's actually a hobgoblin

https://twitter.com/JoeyShabadoo_/status/1494893908966264836?t=dks16VovP9a6hbKOm_bIOQ&s=19

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

Dreylad posted:

somewhere a lonely warehouse worker is ordered to crack open a shipping container filled with 25 year old track suits marked COSTUMES and he doesn't know why

CHARACTER: GOPNIK/RUSSIAN TEEN

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
Gee wonder why Russia is losing a propaganda war that's taking place on US based social media companies. Try rubbing some loving braincells together Jesus Christ. It's loving war, follow the troop movements and nothing else.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

quote:

Maybe we can do like Germany did with Lenin in WWI and air drop Trump into Russia to spread Trumpism.

gbs about to start talking about blood and soil

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I wasn’t watching the Armenia-Azerbaijan war because it was mostly mortars with some battery-level artillery action, iirc there was one paper about UAV artillery observation that crossed my desk.

A lot of posters here have mentioned that the Ukrainian messaging here mirrors Armenia’s very closely. Can anyone expand on that?

I’m blown away by everyone around me, obviously not in Defence, but otherwise very smart people, parroting stories of individual heroism that bely the absence of the Ukrainian Army staging any organized defence.

I’ve posted a lot about what the Russians are doing - but the Ukrainians use the same doctrine, well actually older, pre-reform Soviet doctrine - and what they aren’t doing is scary. No breakout attempt from Kiev, no mobile defence, no heavy armoured clashes beyond the outskirts, no substantial artillery activity. They are staging a disorganized defence, which is very, very bad.

I understand the Western public thinks handing out rifles to civilians and digging in in public parks is how you fight a defensive battle, but… this should not be happening 3 days in. Again, bear with me - imaginary fighter aces and a few downed enemy aircraft is not how the defensive air war is supposed to go. Destroying Russian tanks with Javs and NLAWs misses the point that the Ukrainians should be cutting them off with armoured and mechanized spearheads.

I’ll skim the papers on it, but I’m curious about the disconnect - is it just that the public thinks a modern military defence is about being plucky? Because what I’m seeing looks awful, but every symptom of things going off the rails (disorganized civilians, individual stands, being pushed into the city centre) is being celebrated as a success.

Thoughts?