Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

the weapon you find near the start in the ruins is very fun if you're a dex player

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WalletBeef
Jun 11, 2005

Can't stop thinkin bout dat ring .....

Sprechensiesexy
Dec 26, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
About 60 tries but Godrick is finally dead.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Where can I find some very early ranged combat options in Limgrave? I feel like so much of my time in combat is spent from a distance watching patterns I might as well be doing some sort of damage from range.

I started vagabond. I’d ideally like to find some incantations since I’m going str/fai.

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

Very slow barnacle men are super funny to fight on horse.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Is there a hidden entrance/treasure in Kingsrealm Ruins? I’ve cleared just about all of it but I’ve not seen/earned anything here.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Books On Tape posted:

Where can I find some very early ranged combat options in Limgrave? I feel like so much of my time in combat is spent from a distance watching patterns I might as well be doing some sort of damage from range.

I started vagabond. I’d ideally like to find some incantations since I’m going str/fai.

Kalé at the Church of Elleh (right north of the start) sells throwing items and a crafting kit that lets you craft fire pots etc. He also sells a hint that leads to some sorceries.

I forget where I found it (possibly at the hub?) but there's also a bow being sold early on, and it's easy to craft arrows from the numerous bones and feathers you'll be finding.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

mistermojo posted:

the weapon you find near the start in the ruins is very fun if you're a dex player

dude, in this game, you have to specify which ruins since like half the starting area are ruins

Char
Jan 5, 2013
I must say I'm really NOT enjoying starting as Astrologer.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Whoever at From decided "Yeah a creepy old dude in a boat should be a boss" deserves a raise. :allears:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
So do you only get the benefit of a great rune when a rune arc is used? I don't see my stats increased from just having one equipped

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

just got pasted by a big demon with a machete and two dogs in a tiny room. tired of your bullshit fromsoft.

I'm scared from hearing this. I have some intense capra demon ptsd.

IronicDongz posted:

there are night cavalry minibosses that only show up at night in various places

one of them gives you a sick 3-headed flail

Did you get to play with it? how is it? I just got enough points to equip the flail but I'm feeling very underwhelmed about it compared to the stock un-upgraded confessor sword.
It has very low damage, specially on the poise break finisher and the bleed doens't make that much of a difference on regular mobs.

Speaking armor, do you guys prefer damage negation or resistances?

edit: could anyone maybe post the discord link again pls?

Pigbottom fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Feb 26, 2022

roomtone
Jul 1, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 3 days!)

ah jeez, i've gotta be more patient with these dungeons now

i pretty much ran straight through stormveil castle and beat godrick

i also totally forgot about that daughter with the dad inside mourne castle thing, even though i was more thorough with that place

probably missed my shot with those since the bosses are gone.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Is there a hidden entrance/treasure in Kingsrealm Ruins? I’ve cleared just about all of it but I’ve not seen/earned anything here.

Yes, you have to attack down, look for player messages on the groud, I gave up because that boss is too hard

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

who ever the gently caress sassed me the other day and told me to put my healing flasks on the Y/Triangle + dpad done gone changed my entire world :wow:

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

Has anyone used the Cipher Pata? I'm juicing my faith to 30 to be able to use it but I'm afraid I'll hate it. If I equip the +5 faith talisman can I equip it with 25 faith?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pigbottom posted:

I'm scared from hearing this. I have some intense capra demon ptsd.

That was a joke about Capra demon in the face of that one tweet posted earlier where someone got pasted by a boss without even trying to dodge and refunded the game.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

lite_sleepr posted:

Hows magic? I can't figure out how to use these godslayer spells.

Glintstone Pebble is a good spell! Don't expect anything else, though. Go build Str.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I am getting a little aggravated on the difficulty tbh

admittedly I am still technically in early game, but the boss difficulty seems to be "can the boss's fast combo kill you from full?" y: brickwall, keep at it! n: trivial encounter

that said, confessor friends; there's a faith merchant at home who sells catch fire, which for me is doing slightly more damage then the charge up then hit really hard art and uses up the same mana, but with range. it makes certain encounters dramatically easier

for magic friends in general I recommend going south, there seems to be a lot of sorcery and incantations both down there. I also got three? flask boosters down there so now they always fill my health which is a pretty huge quality of life booster. the area itself has the same difficulty as starter, feels nice.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

beep by grandpa posted:

who ever the gently caress sassed me the other day and told me to put my healing flasks on the Y/Triangle + dpad done gone changed my entire world :wow:

it owns until you fumble and two hand a shield and don't notice :shepface:

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

yo gently caress the royal revenant boss and all these spastic flippy bosses that flail around for 20 hit combos with barely any openings to attack

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

ymgve posted:

dude, in this game, you have to specify which ruins since like half the starting area are ruins

thats true, the ones in the swamp like right outside of where you start

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Does anyone know how the spell weapon arts scale with stats? Are they going to be worthwhile for someone who hasn't invested in Int or Fth?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

Has anyone used the Cipher Pata? I'm juicing my faith to 30 to be able to use it but I'm afraid I'll hate it. If I equip the +5 faith talisman can I equip it with 25 faith?

read elsewhere that it wasn't great, which isn't surprising. weapons like that are usually silly gimmicks best used for PVP builds

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mailer posted:

Glintstone Pebble is a good spell! Don't expect anything else, though. Go build Str.

Yeah I have a ton of other sorceries and most of them are pretty bad lol

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

ASenileAnimal posted:

yo gently caress the royal revenant boss and all these spastic flippy bosses that flail around for 20 hit combos with barely any openings to attack

gently caress yea killed it. bitching about bosses online always helps you beat them.

Spergatory
Oct 28, 2012

mcmagic posted:

Yeah I have a ton of other sorceries and most of them are pretty bad lol

Glintstone Arc is a really good spell for groups. There's a surprising number of situations in this game where enemies will clump together in front of you and that spell just lets you nail them all.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ASenileAnimal posted:

Hah I just found this one. I uh… gonna save it for later.

EDIT: oh you beat it? Drop a sign and help me kill it!

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I think it really should be emphasized for people struggling that literally everything to the south and east of Stormveil (up until Caelid, where everthing starts to turn red) is all pretty low level, rewarding content that will be much easier than bashing your head against Margit/Godrick for hours. For example, by the time I went to Stormveil I think I was already up to 8 flask charges.

Substandard
Oct 16, 2007

3rd street for life
Rock Paper Shotgun did an article about what they think the best spells are here:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/elden-ring-best-spells

But none of the sorcery options seem like you can get them right away.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Lakbay posted:

So do you only get the benefit of a great rune when a rune arc is used? I don't see my stats increased from just having one equipped

Right, I think Rune Arcs are basically the equivalent of Humanity or Embers (except now disconnected from co-op summoning) and the equippables are a way to customize them to get benefits you want, sort of how the Physick flask is like a build-your-own Estus.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Traxis posted:

I think it really should be emphasized for people struggling that literally everything to the south and east of Stormveil (up until Caelid, where everthing starts to turn red) is all pretty low level, rewarding content that will be much easier than bashing your head against Margit/Godrick for hours. For example, by the time I went to Stormveil I think I was already up to 8 flask charges.

Yeah I did the entire peninsula south, a bunch of stuff east (made it to the border of Caelid), and some stuff north. Wanna say I'm at 7 charges+4 with a +4 weapon and I haven't tried Margit yet.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Castle Morne spoilers, what the heck am I missing because it's still showing up with a grace line pointing towards it on the map?

I've beat Leonine Misbegotten, done the Irina and Edgar quest to completion, got all the sites of grace, looted everything and killed everything I can.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Substandard posted:

Rock Paper Shotgun did an article about what they think the best spells are here:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/elden-ring-best-spells

But none of the sorcery options seem like you can get them right away.

The only one I'm missing is Loretta's, and yeah... it's still just Glintstone Pebble. You can burn your bar on Cometshard (or Comet I guess, but I don't have 52 Int yet) to make things dead now, but that's really only applicable to farming. It's cool seeing big numbers pop up but unless you can kill a boss in ~21 (assuming they don't dodge) big numbers... welp.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

Brother Cohryn moved somewhere? I've wanna buy some more incantations and he's nowhere to be found. Anyone know where the hell he went?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Frankston posted:

Castle Morne spoilers, what the heck am I missing because it's still showing up with a grace line pointing towards it on the map?

I've beat Leonine Misbegotten, done the Irina and Edgar quest to completion, got all the sites of grace, looted everything and killed everything I can.

I asked this before and the only thing I can think of is the map fragment. I've done the entire peninsula apart from one overworld boss but that's over in the west.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I've raided a few mines and other caves, but drat Smithing stone nodes take an eternity to respawn huh?

Bread Set Jettison posted:

Summoning is straight up not working for me

Still catching up on the thread, but make sure you didn't put the lljk password (assuming you're using it) in the "Multiplayer password" field, thats for playing with a specific person, you want to put it in one of the four "Group Password" boxes.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

God drat I can't wait until I unlock respecs because I did not expect every loving katana to have an int requirement.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Phoix posted:

God drat I can't wait until I unlock respecs because I did not expect every loving katana to have an int requirement.

It takes a certain level of intellect to wield glorious Nippon steel :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Any way to grab those intro art pieces? Really want to get some big prints of them made. Just gorgeous fantasy Art