Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Rollie Fingers posted:

That Indian pilot who got owned by the Pakistani air force had numerous fictitious tales of heroism constructed about him on social media and Bollywood within hours of his capture. Most Indians still believe them.

The stories coming out of Ukraine will keep their film industry busy in the future at least

They're not going to get to make those movies if Russia takes over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

tmfc posted:

someone post a succinct debunking of the existence of the ghost of kyiv thanks

can't prove a negative. the only proof that he exists is that the Ukrainian military says so, they've offered nothing beyond their word that he does

and, just to be clear, he may very well exist but there is no proof that he does

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

tmfc posted:

ghost aren't real. and even if ghosts were real, they can't hurt planes.

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

tmfc posted:

Dear cspam please prove a negative for me real quick so I can own my idiot friends and family thanks

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Comrades, we have reports of the 4th Ukrainian Paintball Regiment in the region. We are forced to pull back until logistics can supply us with heavy duty cleaning materials. The invasion is paused for a week.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Some Guy TT posted:

why was snake island worth dying for does it house ukraines strategic snake reserves that would be critical in the event of a snake shortage

they call it snake island to scare invaders away (didn't work obv)

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Fleetwood posted:

they call it snake island to scare invaders away (didn't work obv)

Should have piped in a hissing sound imo

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

tmfc posted:

the bwing was overpowered because expansion packs in the 90s were a very niche market that had to deliver a sense of novelty and power instead of balance

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Sinteres posted:

Should have piped in a hissing sound imo

hey it didn't work for the US in Vietnam, though that was spooky ghost noises

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Rollie Fingers posted:

Most Indians still believe them.

Most indians have more pressing issues like:
Will modi gas the farmers? (Based)
Will modi sell the state bank I keep my savings in? (Cringe)

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Chuka Umana posted:

The psychotic tankies in this thread just proves how weak neoliberal capitalism has made people in the United States. China was right to get rid of anime and video games for kids, look at the generation it produced in America.

:hai:

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Ardennes posted:

It seems like Russian troops are encircling the city and maybe inside it, but just not a lot is being posted from Ukraine period at this point. It does also mean that Russian troops are starting to move out from the south.

That said, from the standpoint of history, I feel this is a war that is going to be particularly frustrating to study and write on. I guess it is just going to require declassified info to come out because even compared to Georgia or Syria, it seems like a black void.

We're going back to the times where our main idea of how the Slavic Hordes Soviets Russians fight is informed by people who lost a war and is now compounded by people just yelling at anyone who takes Russian sources seriously as pro-Putinists who lust for the death of the free world or something.

Trying to discern the history of this is going to require learning Russian and reading straight from the primary sources and archives because one needs to prove beyond the benefit of doubt that their Russian sources aren't lying while anything tweeted by the Ukrainian MOD is taken as fact absolutely.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rollie Fingers posted:

That Indian pilot who got owned by the Pakistani air force had numerous fictitious tales of heroism constructed about him on social media and Bollywood within hours of his capture. Most Indians still believe them.

The stories coming out of Ukraine will keep their film industry busy in the future at least

i dunno vaguely remember this, didnt they just like capture him and have some chai and interrogated him and sent him back?

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

oh, so you can't prove the ghost is fake?? heh, thought so

the ghost rides on

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Hubbert posted:

President Xi, My name is Hubbert. My account is 14 years old. I live in C-SPAM. Posters are starving the Eurasia thread of all Asian content, and it is being used as a proxy war battlefield for GBS, D&D, and C-SPAM over the Ukraine crisis. Please send People's Liberation Army Cyber Unit to bring the thread back to the People.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

lol the US was saying don't hold talks

how has this dumbass not learned not to trust the US. does he really think the fuckin CIA is looking out for him lmao

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Tankbuster posted:

Most indians have more pressing issues like:
Will modi gas the farmers? (Based)
Will modi sell the state bank I keep my savings in? (Cringe)

By Indians I mean online pajeets.

fits my needs posted:

i dunno vaguely remember this, didnt they just like capture him and have some chai and interrogated him and sent him back?

Yeah that was it. Post Op. Parakram there has been an effort to have quick exchanges before some cranky commander gets his dick hard for killing the enemy.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
i believe ghosts are like dogs and they just sort of do things arbitrarily

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

DesertIslandHermit posted:

They're not going to get to make those movies if Russia takes over.

they will, but it'll be a comedy

Freezer
Apr 20, 2001

The Earth is the cradle of the mind, but one cannot stay in the cradle forever.

tmfc posted:

More like there's no evidence at all confirming any of it. There's a video of a low flying MIG, and then some fake videogame footage and random Twitter posts about a bunch of kills and that's it.

Some rad memes tough.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Tankbuster posted:

By Indians I mean online pajeets.

what the gently caress

whiggles
Dec 19, 2003

TEAM EDWARD

shirts and skins posted:

Yeah, I know. I'm just a sap for whenever things like this get posted. I suppose that makes me easy to manipulate.

Huh? Manipulate towards what end? Seems pretty sad imo, natural response to feel it's sad

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I am kinda wondering what is happening with peace talks because basically everybody involved could be doing something incredibly stupid and/or evil and we won't know until, well, possibly never

Meow Tse-tung
Oct 11, 2004

No one cat should have all that power

tmfc posted:

oh, so you can't prove the ghost is fake?? heh, thought so

the ghost rides on

heard the ghost of ukraine is actually a dracula. Until debunked I see no reason not to believe.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

tmfc posted:

the only evidence that anyone has that this guy exists is a bunch of separate videos of a mig-29 flying around kiev. the myth assumes that 6 separate kills across the entire war, which were all of the confirmed kills of russian fighters on the first day of the war, were attributed to the same guy, which is slightly insane

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

tmfc posted:

*pulls mask off the ghost of kiev*

ruh roh shaggy, it's old man bandera

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

the ghost of kyiv is me

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

i'm also the ghost of tsushima

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Some Guy TT posted:

why was snake island worth dying for does it house ukraines strategic snake reserves that would be critical in the event of a snake shortage

Doesn't even seem like it has snakes on it. Australia's Snake island is actually crawling with snakes and no military would target it.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

fits my needs posted:

yes

But the myth that he totally shot down several enemy planes and heroically saved himself from a lynch mob is so widely believed in India that he’s received a bunch of awards and become rich off Bollywood film and tv adaptations

Yudo
May 15, 2003

PawParole posted:

all of these posts about civilians water ballooning a tank in paint are forgetting to mention how the actual soldier inside the tank will just pop open the hatch and dome you with a makarov also

Tank crew will not just pop out because they risk getting smoked, and they can't see poo poo anyways. Supporting tanks with infantry in cities is critical as attacks can come from above.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Stereotype posted:

its funny that despite all the turmoil and chaos and confusion there is always one constant: the communist party of china is an exceptionally stable and mature influence on the global stage and you can rely on them to take a well thought out stance that inspires confidence.

While other powers are still fighting over the ruins of the 20th century, China is silently building the 21st

izagoof
Feb 14, 2004

Grimey Drawer

tmfc posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/acecombat/comments/t0r484/ghost_of_kiev_megathread/

it was propagated by a youtuber, who is now trying to sell merch off it

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

ghosts aren’t real

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Rollie Fingers posted:

yes

But the myth that he totally shot down several enemy planes and heroically saved himself from a lynch mob is so widely believed in India that he’s received a bunch of awards and become rich off Bollywood film and tv adaptations

That owns

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
is this stupid war over yet? a freaking land war lol. so stupid. durr lets just die and kill our brothers and cousins. seems good. so dumb

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Good Citizen posted:

what the gently caress

Hey, I have to live with those people. Just absolute bloodthirsty assholes until modi wants to privatize their cushy government jobs. They wanted to roll in tanks to crush farmers.

Flocons de Jambon
Apr 11, 2015
Maybe the Ukrainian military got the gently caress out of dodge and are riding this out near the Western border, hoping that Putin is reluctant to do much bombing close to the NATO borders.

Bit of a dick move to almost their entire population to be sure, but not the worst strategy.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Rollie Fingers posted:

yes

lol, the modern john mccain of india

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

there's also this video which the uploader literally says is from a video game but that didn't stop the ukrainian armed forces twitter account from posting it themselves

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBBJ_JzV8u4

https://twitter.com/ArmedForcesUkr/status/1497167657077915658