Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Hats that grant armor-piercing damage. Hats that shoot Hellcannon balls. Bull hats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
I really love the way Nurgle plays because I'm a meticulous approach kinda nerd and watching the enemy try to "get in free damage" from their firing line against 11000k base HP plaguebears as the 7k base HP nurglings bound in front of them is hilarious. We're coming, we can't be stopped, you're standing still as you fire and my artillery fires while moving into range to lay down corrosive streams. Stream is so cheap you can take multiple heroes that can cast it too and really layer it, just melt blobs or horizontal line squads. :allears: Watching armies that don't have a speed emphasis die rotting trying to take your settlements is hilarious too, the AR is like "your dudes are at 40% HP and this half stack has 2 chaos warriors, you're doneso" and they have to walk their 30 speed rear end across a winding settlement through Nurgle T1 tower destruction. :laffo:

Ku'gath's VA is so delightful. Layering the plagues is fun. The buildings and summoning pool are unique and fun. I really enjoy using my resources to maximize my settlement potential and spread and getting most of the plague symptoms and super plagues by turn 40 is totally doable. I'm getting Nurgle Domination as soon as IE/mod workshop and a fix for Tzeentch BS hits.

canada jezus posted:

Wanted to thank you for taking the time to write this out my dude.

Hell yeah, earn the Emperor's boundless love.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Ogres are really fun in field battles, but sieges and settlements just suck the fun out of them. The pathfinding is incredibly frustrating during sieges. I think I'm going to shelve Ogres until the workshop opens up and we can replace sieges with field battles.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Doomykins posted:

I really love the way Nurgle plays because I'm a meticulous approach kinda nerd and watching the enemy try to "get in free damage" from their firing line against 11000k base HP plaguebears as the 7k base HP nurglings bound in front of them is hilarious. We're coming, we can't be stopped, you're standing still as you fire and my artillery fires while moving into range to lay down corrosive streams. Stream is so cheap you can take multiple heroes that can cast it too and really layer it, just melt blobs or horizontal line squads. :allears: Watching armies that don't have a speed emphasis die rotting trying to take your settlements is hilarious too, the AR is like "your dudes are at 40% HP and this half stack has 2 chaos warriors, you're doneso" and they have to walk their 30 speed rear end across a winding settlement through Nurgle T1 tower destruction. :laffo:

Ku'gath's VA is so delightful. Layering the plagues is fun. The buildings and summoning pool are unique and fun. I really enjoy using my resources to maximize my settlement potential and spread and getting most of the plague symptoms and super plagues by turn 40 is totally doable. I'm getting Nurgle Domination as soon as IE/mod workshop and a fix for Tzeentch BS hits.

Hell yeah, earn the Emperor's boundless love.

I just ground down and have eliminated every Tzeentch faction in the game other than the random rift poppers. I can't remember the last time I have showered. I actually fight my battles as Nurgle by making the enemy come to me. I just shove every plaguebearer and nurgling in a patch of trees and make them fight me there. Ku'Gath of course has his gun (as well as a few soul grinders) which eventually will get them to come at you as they whiff their own artillery into your GUOs. My armies without soul grinders can prompt an attack in two ways. Either I have plague ridden on flies who can go artillery the enemy with magic and the damage locus or super speedy cultists who are your Nurgle Knights and also very good anti-large. I've never seen something kill treekin so fast. And they will be backed up by those beautiful summons. Basically every hero in Nurgle's empire is a sacred filthy boy and are more important than my Lords. I thirst for trade goods harder than any elf or dwarf.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
I actually had an easier time with sieges using ogres than other races. Their smaller unit size helps with pathing and they hit extremely hard. Their kitties are also very useful in this role, and hunters give them stalk and frenzy I believe.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe
Late in a Kislev campaign, the Khorne faction gets four souls while I'm in a chaos realm getting my third. I get the interception quest, get out of the chaos realm, move my LL to the nearest portal. The traverse to the forge of souls button is there and clickable, but it doesn't actually work. I can also select the 1000 gold traverse option and click no the forge of souls, but the army doesn't move and nothing happens. I wait a turn to see if anything changes, but it's the same thing. Then the portals close. I guess that campaign is over?

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah I've had that bug happen twice, once in the same situation as you and another where a Slaanesh portal didn't work which is an automatic race loss. I think in your case rifts get a bug where they think "you've been to chaos once this set, you can't go twice" even though you need to contest the Forge and the Advisor just ripped a fresh set open for you to do so. If you have older saves you can go back and ignore going for your third soul(making your win positively glacial if you can swing it) or be more competitive in the race but if you say missed the first soul on the first rift set now you know that winning the race demands never falling behind lest you get hit by the bug.

Realms of Chaos.. not as good as it could be???

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Doomykins posted:

Yeah I've had that bug happen twice, once in the same situation as you and another where a Slaanesh portal didn't work which is an automatic race loss. I think in your case rifts get a bug where they think "you've been to chaos once this set, you can't go twice" even though you need to contest the Forge and the Advisor just ripped a fresh set open for you to do so. If you have older saves you can go back and ignore going for your third soul(making your win positively glacial if you can swing it) or be more competitive in the race but if you say missed the first soul on the first rift set now you know that winning the race demands never falling behind lest you get hit by the bug.

Realms of Chaos.. not as good as it could be???

Got that bug last night with the Slaanesh portals, a reload fixed it but it let Greasus get way too close to comfort.

litany of gulps
Jun 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Doomykins posted:

and the Advisor just ripped a fresh set open for you to do so

Hmm, this didn't actually happen, which may have been the problem. When the Khorne faction got their fourth soul, I was one turn away from finishing the Tzeentch realm, which took me a long time (maybe 10 turns). So I got out on the same turn they got their fourth, then beelined for the closest remaining portal from the previous roar, which was on the edge of closing.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

I'm almost disappointed they gave the dragon kids and the sheguanguagan or w/e lords the over the top kung-fu moves. This lessens the possibility of a dlc unit of fantasy shaolin monks just dunking on people. Make whoever modeled the nurglings put the entirety of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon into this game.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There's 100% going to be warrior monks and guardian lions. Practically every other long-theorized fan unit made it in.

The only twist add was kid dragons instead of the big papa himself.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Feb 26, 2022

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I hope they get flamethrowers

that's all. I like fire

Guns shaped like dragons spewing flame

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

I've been getting a ton of value out of the armored kossars, personally. They hold a line well, definitely better than any of the empire state troops, and you can get some good flanks and choke points setup with their pistols. They can definitely hold a line well enough for my other, better units to get some work done, whereas the regular kossar's fold pretty quick in melee.

Angrymantium
Jul 19, 2007
Resistant to everything

Broken Cog posted:

Halt Faction is overtaking Transfer Settlement as my favourite Kairos' "Changing of the Ways" ability.

"Oh, you have 3 armies raiding and harassing one of my border regions that you plan on retreating the second I bring a serious army close?" Well, GUESS WHAT

It's probably fun to use but Broken Wheel halted me three times while my LL was in the Nurgle chaos realm and I'm pretty mad at that mechanic

I'm ahead in the soul race now though and about to claim my fourth as the Daemon Prince, my army is mostly Nurgle and khorne soul grinders with a Doom Knight air force and I am pumped as hell to finally get to that agonizing final battle

Angrymantium fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Feb 26, 2022

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Yeah, a few months ago GW put out a lore blurb about the Cathayan ambassador in Altdorf, and it specifically mentioned warrior monks. Older Cathay lore mentioned jade temple dogs/lions and terracotta warriors. Considering the terracotta sentinels are in, we will likely see the jade constructs and shaolin monks (and monkey warriors and and and...)

Meanwhile, holy poo poo Ogres are fun in battle. Just charge and knock everyone over and beat the poo poo out of them while leadbelchers and ironblasters delete anything not in melee.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

There's a nice lore blurb in the loading screens about monkey warriors who behead guys and rip out their tongues as a post-battle snack. I'm expecting some Not-Empire roster additions from Cathay DLC. As well as Moon Empress sneaky sneaky troops or whatever they want to attach to the next Dragon Child LL.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

is there any way to save camera settings for turn end?

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

punishedkissinger posted:

is there any way to save camera settings for turn end?

Not currently. There is a mod for 2 that does that, so assuming the framework wasn't hugely changed for some reason, I expect that to be ported over within a week of the workshop going up for 3.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
Where dwarves gets 3 slots for runes, chorfs will get 3 slots for hat combinations. They will use the daemon Prince tech to actually change the unit model. This is the goal.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Doomykins posted:

There's a nice lore blurb in the loading screens about monkey warriors who behead guys and rip out their tongues as a post-battle snack. I'm expecting some Not-Empire roster additions from Cathay DLC. As well as Moon Empress sneaky sneaky troops or whatever they want to attach to the next Dragon Child LL.

Ngl I would pay for the blood DLC again if it added some really over the top stuff like that. I wanna see ogres literally pick up a guy and chow down for a finisher.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
Going back to Warhammer 2, I definitely miss the QOL changes especially with diplomacy. The autocomplete and outpost things are great. I really don't like the chaos invasion campaign though.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I tried Nurgle even though I don't have a ton of interest but it's actually pretty fun. All the battles are kind of the same but being able to get soul grinders by turn 50 or whatever is fun.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Would be hard for me to go back to 2, the QoL changes are massive in places.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Gonkish posted:

Yeah, a few months ago GW put out a lore blurb about the Cathayan ambassador in Altdorf, and it specifically mentioned warrior monks. Older Cathay lore mentioned jade temple dogs/lions and terracotta warriors. Considering the terracotta sentinels are in, we will likely see the jade constructs and shaolin monks (and monkey warriors and and and...)

Meanwhile, holy poo poo Ogres are fun in battle. Just charge and knock everyone over and beat the poo poo out of them while leadbelchers and ironblasters delete anything not in melee.

If people want to read about it

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

What are your favourite factions, and why?

Kislev because ice bears.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Ulio posted:

Kislev because ice bears.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Panfilo posted:

Armored kossars feel like more of a sidegrade. I was thinking how they could make them more viable.

Maybe give them some shotgun like effect on their guns, and fire while moving. This would make them a really cool base assault unit that could advance as a tight phalanx and melt lighter armored clumped infantry but be a lot more survivable (armor, shields) than iron hail gunners.

Are you serious? Armoured Kossars are huge. More acccurately they are the anvil Kislev needs. Armour 80, 55% missile block chance, MD 38 (rather than 28). By contrast Kossars are MD 28, armour 15, and no missile block chance. Armoured kossars take less than a quarter of the damage from non-AP shooting that basic kossars do and so a mixed kossar/armoured kossar force utterly mulches pure kossars (or blue horrors).

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Dr Christmas posted:

However, each subsequent trade deal was harder to make, and I found that at a point, money just stops working for that. I'd add the trade agreement to the offer, add payment, and increase it. You could see the scale balance out as you hit the "increase" button, but at a certain point it wouldn't move. Luckily, offering to declare war on the 10th faction's enemies in addition to money sealed that deal.

Get more trading resources, this starts happening when you're trading 100% of your goods already. The more excess you have to sell off, the more they'll want it AND the higher they'll offer you money for it. Any expansion out of Cathay should be specifically targeting trade resources you don't have or you've capped out. Also, review your trade deals and kill any with minor powers if you have a juicer faction on the table - or if you know you're gonna be taking them out soon because THEY have a resource you want more of. Channel your Spice Road. Once IE comes out I'll definitely be aggressively acting like british imperialists in my Cathay games.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I will never get tired of the Tzeentch basic lord shouting "IT'S ME!" at the top of his lungs every time you click on him.

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

Doomykins posted:

Monkey King DLC seems inevitable imo. I keep hearing there's also lore that Cathay has those hopping vampires from Chinese folklore, and unlike in the west they're just an accepted part of society.

If Cathay gets all this stuff and becomes a faction of humans, dragons, terracotta statues, monkies and vamps they'll have possibly the coolest and most varied roster in the game.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Broken Cog posted:

I will never get tired of the Tzeentch basic lord shouting "IT'S ME!" at the top of his lungs every time you click on him.
I've been amused by Boris pronouncing it "Kislef".

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

I like the Patriarch that sounds just like Charlie Day.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

neonchameleon posted:

Are you serious? Armoured Kossars are huge. More acccurately they are the anvil Kislev needs. Armour 80, 55% missile block chance, MD 38 (rather than 28). By contrast Kossars are MD 28, armour 15, and no missile block chance. Armoured kossars take less than a quarter of the damage from non-AP shooting that basic kossars do and so a mixed kossar/armoured kossar force utterly mulches pure kossars (or blue horrors).

Also, I think importantly, they are a source of AP damage, both ranged and melee (especially the great weapon variety)

They are certainly an important part of the kislev line because otherwise your AP options are limited to streltsy which are further up the tree, or like, bears and poo poo.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

One of the plague cultists sounds exactly like the old scientist dude from futurama

Also holy poo poo Kostatlyn's regen when he is low health. I can't kill him with a nurgle garrison we don't have the dps not even towers.

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
The final battle with 16 ice guards with glaives for the anti-large, and ice witches passively boosting their ranged damage is pretty hilarious.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Broken Cog posted:

I remember him going. “Hey, I heard Malekith hates snow hahahaha.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

Also, I think importantly, they are a source of AP damage, both ranged and melee (especially the great weapon variety)

They are certainly an important part of the kislev line because otherwise your AP options are limited to streltsy which are further up the tree, or like, bears and poo poo.
I thought they did very little ranged AP but did decent melee AP, at least the great weapon variant.

Armor and AP both seem significantly rarer this time around and generally cost a premium to boot.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Kislev's Patriarch's have some pretty hilarious voice acting, it's great.

Any updates or (hopefully) news about modding in the last few days? Been a little distracted

How!
Oct 29, 2009

One of the Slaanesh cultists sounds exactly like Nadja from What We Do in the Shadows.

“My divine master!”

Love my speedy pervs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

:stare: