Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sandman from ECW
Sep 6, 2011

Bret Hart famously appeared on the hit TV show Lonesome Dove.

Also MadTV and The Simpsons (sorta)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Bam Bam Bigelow was also in Joe's Apartment for exactly one line, yelling "You're fired" at Jerry O'Connell

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

There's also this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YR7i1YFH-QQ

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Terry Funk had was a cast member on two short lived TV shows, "Wildside" and "Tequila and Bonetti".

Roddy Piper and Jesse Ventura starred in a pilot called "Tag Team".

The British Bulldogs, Ricky Steamboat, Cpl Kirchner, and a few others cameoed on an ep on The A-Team that guest-starred Hulk Hogan.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Everybody already knows about it, but wrestlers in movies related I re-watched They Live and it still slaps. In an increasingly sad and depressingly relevant way. I love the story of how Keith David helped Roddy with his acting and the Hot Rod helped David with his stage fighting.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005
Former wrestler The Revolting Blob played the grade school principal in Billy Madison.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I learned Abdullah the Butcher was in movies and a bunch of other stuff.
This whole video is pretty neat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mfkGIHCOu0&t=1249s

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

Big Show had a memorable part in a Psych episode. Cena had a recurring role and made a cameo in the first movie.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

One of my favorite obscure wrestler TV appearances is All Star Rock 'n' Wrestling Saturday Spectacular. Back in the day, networks would sometimes do TV specials based entirely around promoting the upcoming Saturday morning cartoon season. Like having Steve Urkel tell Carl Winslow about the new episodes of Winnie the Pooh, followed by a clip of the show.

In 1985 they went bonkers with it. The plot was that Fantasy Island's Hervé Villechaize was supposed to get his own talk show, but somehow Roddy Piper locked him out of the building and took over. So you get an hour of Roddy Piper hosting a talk show with such guests as Pee-Wee Herman, Patti LaBelle, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, New Edition, etc. Just so every few minutes, someone like Captain Lou could go, "Here's a clip from Muppet Babies!"

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Gavok posted:

One of my favorite obscure wrestler TV appearances is All Star Rock 'n' Wrestling Saturday Spectacular. Back in the day, networks would sometimes do TV specials based entirely around promoting the upcoming Saturday morning cartoon season. Like having Steve Urkel tell Carl Winslow about the new episodes of Winnie the Pooh, followed by a clip of the show.

In 1985 they went bonkers with it. The plot was that Fantasy Island's Hervé Villechaize was supposed to get his own talk show, but somehow Roddy Piper locked him out of the building and took over. So you get an hour of Roddy Piper hosting a talk show with such guests as Pee-Wee Herman, Patti LaBelle, Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, New Edition, etc. Just so every few minutes, someone like Captain Lou could go, "Here's a clip from Muppet Babies!"

I'm old enough to remember this and it was awesome to my little self

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

rujasu posted:

Big Show had a memorable part in a Psych episode. Cena had a recurring role and made a cameo in the first movie.

Also that other USA show, about the doctor who did house calls to rich patients in the Bahamas(?).

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Big Show also popped up on Burn Notice

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
It has to be Captain Lou Albano as the leading man in a long running Super Mario Brothers.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dawgstar posted:

Also that other USA show, about the doctor who did house calls to rich patients in the Bahamas(?).

The Hamptons. Royal Pains.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Triple H was in an episode of The Drew Carey Show, as The Disciplinarian. I can’t remember if this was before or after the Rumble appearance.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Rock has been in some movies, Hulk Hogan too I think.

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル
Jerry Lawler and Jeff Jarrett were in Live with Mikey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZMqVwQ7qMA

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

WCW champion David Arquette has a few credits on IMDb

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

DeathChicken posted:

Bam Bam Bigelow was also in Joe's Apartment for exactly one line, yelling "You're fired" at Jerry O'Connell

He also gets hired to beat up Damon Wayans in Major Payne and fails (Damon punches him in the throat)

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 26, 2022

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMXUvaaDdwo

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

History Comes Inside! posted:

WCW champion David Arquette has a few credits on IMDb

Are you sure you're not thinking of Patricia Arquette?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

gently caress

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I always forget Hulk Hogan was on the A-Team. According to the Hulkster the cast hated each other and he was the only one who could still the rough waters between Mr. T and Dwight Schultz, or something.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Dawgstar posted:

I always forget Hulk Hogan was on the A-Team. According to the Hulkster the cast hated each other and he was the only one who could still the rough waters between Mr. T and Dwight Schultz, or something.
I can't believe Schultz had to knock Mr. T out to get him to shoot some of the scenes!

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

While Hogan is 100% bs-ing his ability to handle the rough waters it's generally pretty well known the A-team cast didn't get along with pretty much everyone hating George Peppard

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Does anyone here have a link to that interview/article about John Cena that came out maybe a decade ago where he goes into his weird relationship with his dad? I’ve been trying to find it with no luck.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

While Hogan is 100% bs-ing his ability to handle the rough waters it's generally pretty well known the A-team cast didn't get along with pretty much everyone hating George Peppard

I'm pretty sure either one of or both Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz had talked about how Peppard hated Mr. T because Peppard was the big movie star and supposed to be the main character but Mr. T was easily the most popular.

I definitely recall one of them talking about Peppard doing the think that children do when they refuse to talk to someone and ask a third person to tell that person what they're saying while they're standing right next to them. Apparently he'd do that and Mr. T would just laugh because it was so childish.

bartok
May 10, 2006

algebra testes posted:

I wanna say with the Big Show? Or maybe I'm confusing the Big Show being on Enterprise?

Big Show appeared on the best UPN show, Shasta McNasty.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Naruki Doi and Hirooki Goto showed up as two goons in the Japanese miniseries CRISIS.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Hoss Corncave posted:

I'm pretty sure either one of or both Dirk Benedict and Dwight Schultz had talked about how Peppard hated Mr. T because Peppard was the big movie star and supposed to be the main character but Mr. T was easily the most popular.

I definitely recall one of them talking about Peppard doing the think that children do when they refuse to talk to someone and ask a third person to tell that person what they're saying while they're standing right next to them. Apparently he'd do that and Mr. T would just laugh because it was so childish.

When they added a woman to the cast he was absolutely brutal to her according to several cast members, basically telling her she didn't belong there because she was a woman, it was a man's show, etc.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

bartok posted:

Big Show appeared on the best UPN show, Shasta McNasty.

Did any wrestler show up on Homeboys in Space?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Lance Storm and Bret Hart did voice work for Corner Gas: The Animated Series, an animated spin-off of a live action Canadian sitcoms that had ended a decade prior.

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Dawgstar posted:

Did any wrestler show up on Homeboys in Space?

Little Richard appeared on one episode of that show and had 2 appearances on Raw and sang at WrestleMania 10.

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

Six degrees of wrestlemania.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Didn't see it mentioned, so apologies if it was.

Roddy Piper was in 2 episodes of its always sunny.

And I guess technically Hogan is also in one of the episodes with Piper, albeit being on a TV the gang are watching.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
at this point maybe it's worth just making a thread for wrestler cameos?

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are Hogan and Bret the last two holdouts with long hair?

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Are Hogan and Bret the last two holdouts with long hair?

Ricky Morton still has his long mane.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
who’s the wrestler with the most tv time that took the longest to actually get good? mark henry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Depending on your definition of long hair and/or "still":

- Michael PS Hayes
- Scott Hall
- Rob Van Dam
- Hillbilly Jim