Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Virigoth posted:

Marco Rubio good now? *takes drink of water*

rubio’s primary personality trait is cowardice and there’s probably plenty of angry marines right now willing to yell at him to do as he’s told

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Excited for Rubio's reelection campaign to revolve around "I tweeted real good"

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Trump posted:

The Ukrainian ambassador to Denmark had some OPSEC trouble today. He was asked what help Denmark was offering and... erhm... See for yourself, interview is in english.

https://www.dr.dk/nyheder/udland/ukraines-ambassadoer-har-svaert-ved-holde-taet-om-danske-vaabenleverancer-her-vil-jeg

I'm not sure that I get it.

Sir John Falstaff
Apr 13, 2010

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i think russia is gonna do an air bomb or barrel bombs or some hosed up poo poo.

Maybe referencing the recent TOS-1 movements:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOS-1

Which, if deployed in an urban area, would be basically a rolling war crime.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands

ZombieLenin posted:

What the gently caress is that supposed to mean? Could homeboy be more cryptic?

Think it’s basically “just so you know, we can PROVE you were ordered to commit war crimes, and big daddy Putin won’t be around to protect you forever. So you sure you want to push the atrocity button and end up in The Hague one fine day?”

Or to put it another way, “don’t you fuckers dare burn down Kyiv, we’re watching.”

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Bubbacub posted:

Here's some Ukrainian armor. People casually strolling around an active battlefield is always a :stare:

As someone said yesterday, this is not that mans first rodeo

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Ah, should mention that the danish government won't say precisely what they are sending over, because... Reasons. Think of denmark as mini-germany

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute
double post gently caress me

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Trump posted:

double post gently caress me
Got it, they're giving the Ghost the Windmill Gundam

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
eh it's cryptic but it's either referring to alleged russian plans to do some kind of radiological or chemical false flag or to orders that amount to war crimes, eg indiscriminately shelling civilian eras. Honestly I think the latter is far, far, far more likely.

no way to really know though

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Insane village gigachad energy. This is like Texan dude with M16 walking to 2 Silicon Valley journalists talking about drone-based sex toy delivery in Fort Worth.

Not really, the Texan doesn't have anyone to legally shoot at so he's basically being a weird cowboy version of a gopnik.

Now if he was waving a plane ticket to Bucharest or Warsaw...

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It sounds like when your grandparents give your younger brother $10, but they gave you $50, and then your mom asks you in front of your little brother how much money you both got.
*blows air out* "Psssssh well, I can say that I love my grandparents, they are definitely GREAT grandparents, and they gave me in the area of $10,"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
If theres a natsec live tweeting coms that more aligns with you politically, im all giant ears

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Trump posted:

Ah, should mention that the danish government won't say precisely what they are sending over, because... Reasons. Think of denmark as mini-germany

Nazzadan posted:

It sounds like when your grandparents give your younger brother $10, but they gave you $50, and then your mom asks you in front of your little brother how much money you both got.
*blows air out* "Psssssh well, I can say that I love my grandparents, they are definitely GREAT grandparents, and they gave me in the area of $10,"

Oh, I didn't pay attention to the "arms" bit at the start. :laffo:

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Herstory Begins Now posted:

eh it's cryptic but it's either referring to alleged russian plans to do some kind of radiological or chemical false flag or to orders that amount to war crimes, eg indiscriminately shelling civilian eras. Honestly I think the latter is far, far, far more likely.

no way to really know though

Would the purpose of the former to be to try and justify the invasion back in Russia?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Willo567 posted:

Would the purpose of the former to be to try and justify the invasion back in Russia?

It's already justified back in Russia.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

sweet geek swag posted:

I mean, most people are going to look good if you compare them to Putin.

As Winston Churchill famously said regarding the military alliance between the UK and the USSR; "If Hitler invaded Hell I'd give the devil a positive recommendation in the House of Commons."

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tim Whatley posted:

Excited for Rubio's reelection campaign to revolve around "I tweeted real good"

Not to defend Rubio in any way whatsover, but tweeting good is more than a lot of Republicans have done.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Willo567 posted:

idk, either to justify escalation or to legitimize it back home. imo it's basically just a conspiracy theory until there's any real evidence of that as a plan beyond some natsec people suggesting it's possible. The much more basic answer of 'orders to bombard civilian areas are a war crime and we will go after you later if you follow them' is a much simpler explanation that requires nothing conspiratorial to make sense.

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

Ynglaur posted:

Marco Rubio is a horrible chud, but the pacing and language actually speaks to a very deliberate counter-intel operation. When you release intel like this, you make drat sure you only release things that you have from multiple, independent and preferably unassociated sources. You try to corroborate as much as possible. Famously, Trump didn't do this because he would just spew out classified poo poo if he thought it would make a crowd swoon or something, and the US lost a lot of humint sources as a results.

I'm obviously speculating, but I think Rubio is actually doing this correctly. Tbf, he probably has a few coaches in whatever three-letter agency is coordinating this counter-intel operation.

yah I was being a lil flippant/jokey
I don't think Rubio is in the faction that's behind Putin's regime (a low bar to clear)

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:
https://twitter.com/travisakers/status/1497754605865684992?t=CvW0UYUcs6Rf0M9PKvxcsQ&s=19

Brewery's shifting gears to the changing market demands.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Peanut Butler posted:

I don't think Rubio is in the faction that's behind Putin's regime (a low bar to clear)

Look I know he's a chud but there's no need to attack him for being like 5'4"

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Not to defend Rubio in any way whatsover, but tweeting good is more than a lot of Republicans have done.
After the last few years of Polish politics, I didn't think, "Go Poland" would be a stance I have, but it's been an interesting week.

lightrook
Nov 7, 2016

Pin 188

Nessus posted:

Got it, they're giving the Ghost the Windmill Gundam

Windmill Gundam was the Netherlands, the Danish entrant was the Mermaid Gundam. :pseudo:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Timeless Appeal posted:

After the last few years of Polish politics, I didn't think, "Go Poland" would be a stance I have, but it's been an interesting week.

IKR?! On one hand, gently caress PiS, on the other hand Morawiecki is trying to fast-track Ukraine's EU membership right now.

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird

If nothing else, this last week has shown us how utterly hardcore Ukrainians are and how few fucks they have left

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Judakel posted:

I've been hearing about stuff like this for a couple of days, but this is the first time I've seen videos of it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Damilare_arah/status/1497654141350522880

https://mobile.twitter.com/Damilare_arah/status/1497701358861959169

Horrific and unsurprising.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HolHorsejob posted:

If nothing else, this last week has shown us how utterly hardcore Ukrainians are and how few fucks they have left

True, but also it doesn't really get worse than a guy declaring you to be a fake person and ordering his goons to lob missiles at your condo. :v:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

cinci zoo sniper posted:

IKR?! On one hand, gently caress PiS, on the other hand Morawiecki is trying to fast-track Ukraine's EU membership right now.
Basically this at the moment, I think:

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

HolHorsejob posted:

Yeah, that's why I don't think Putin has 1/10 of the troops needed to subdue Kyiv or any other major city. Ukrainians will turn every city into Stalingrad if they have to.

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Poland is as close to a meltdown induced rage that I have ever seen in a government.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Charlie Chaplin and Ostap Bender? Is that where Putin got the "Bandera-loving Nazi" nonsense?

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

HolHorsejob posted:

I mean I don't know about those labels one way or another but a lot of Ukranians are proving that they have the virtues that north american chuds don't actually have but build their entire self-image around

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

Peanut Butler posted:

:hfive:

Okay I'm going to bed. Enough doomscrolling for one day.

#fuckputin

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.

Deteriorata posted:

Yeah, that's why I don't think Putin has 1/10 of the troops needed to subdue Kyiv or any other major city. Ukrainians will turn every city into Stalingrad if they have to.

We are only twenty years removed from Iraq II and yet somehow everyone forgot how many soldiers it takes to lock down a major insurgency.

I feel old.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010

the popes toes posted:

Poland is as close to a meltdown induced rage that I have ever seen in a government.

Someone is finally fighting the Russians and it's not them and they're very mad about it.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

New Call of Duty looking spicy. Using a President as the main character is a bold move I’m so sorry .

Vaginaface
Aug 26, 2013

HEY REI HEY REI,
do vaginaface!

Kavros posted:

I mean I don't know about those labels one way or another but a lot of Ukranians are proving that they have the virtues that north american chuds don't actually have but build their entire self-image around

There have been a lot of comments like this that I don't think are really fair. If Chicago was slowly being encircled by Canadian armor and no help was coming overseas, you would see some insane blazes of glory (I won't claim you'd see unity or discipline)

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Franks Happy Place posted:

We are only twenty years removed from Iraq II and yet somehow everyone forgot how many soldiers it takes to lock down a major insurgency.

I feel old.

Another difference between this and iraq 2 is half the world is funneling arms and supplies to the insurgents

Huggybear
Jun 17, 2005

I got the jimjams

Deteriorata posted:

I don't understand how the Russians seem to not understand that Stalin committed genocide specifically against the Ukraine in the preWWII period. He targeted the kulak class there specifically and forced the entire nation into at least a decade of utter starvation, and that was just before WWII. As if they have forgotten this. Source: Bloodlands by T. Snyder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Virigoth posted:

Marco Rubio good now? *takes drink of water*

gently caress no. hope he loses his seat someday in some hilarious gently caress up. he is a piece of poo poo but i trust him sorta with this information on this, least compared to other chuds.

Deteriorata posted:

this. he is making the same mistake of yeltsen made with Chechnya and thinks he can make this big lightning war to the capital will just end things and prepared his forces as such. now he has to redo his strategy or try to bum rush/war crime through it. also even when kyiv falls its not over because i am sure the Ukrainian government has constituency of some sort.