Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

Bye guild see you when elden ring wears out unless something else comes out

Dont drop Lost Ark outright in my opinion. At least do your two chaos dungeon runs each day because that is really fast. If you ever do come back you wont regret then being too far behind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

junan_paalla posted:

Doing the tower on your alts after getting the roster-wide first clear rewards nets you a big bunch of honing materials. Also be sure to research the t1 honing material cost reduction and honing failure reduction upgrades in your stronghold. Beyond that it's mainly playing multiple alts and funneling the daily/ weekly honing material rewards to the alt you want to get to t2.

is that why some people suggest doing tower on an alt first, so your main has extra mats / can sell more unbound stuff? not sure i can handle adding any alts to my daily play so idk if theres anything to take advantage of for myself

Khorne
May 1, 2002

joepinetree posted:

I started playing deadeye after getting my shadowhunter to the mid 900s, and I liked deadeye to maybe consider making it my new main. However, to get my shadowhunte to 900s I did most of the t1 islands already, and my understanding is that those are once per roster. So how would I get mats to get my alts to 600?
Did you do both honing researches in your stronghold? That helps.

Time helps. More alts in T1 feeding mats helps. Selling leapstones you get in guardian raids & unbound moonstones & unbound shard bags from your main for gold and converting gold to crystals to use on mari's shop (or using gold for upgrade mats, some of the t1 stuff is cheaper on the market than on mari) helps too.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 26, 2022

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Is there any reason to not just buy 800 gear from the Market once I hit 600 to boost up the GS immediately?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

explosivo posted:

Is there any reason to not just buy 800 gear from the Market once I hit 600 to boost up the GS immediately?

There are better uses of your resources basically. You still have to go do all of the story quests to advance, and earn the materials to boost up your gear. You can buy the materials too (you'll have to without access to tier 2 Chaos dungeons), but its extremely expensive.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
Is there any reason not to Gear Transfer your T1 to T2 gear for the +1 reward?

explosivo posted:

Main story quest to unlock Chaos Dungeons isn't super long, so unless it's very important to keep your two Chaos Dungeon dailies, just do that. Or look at the gold prices and weigh the pros and cons.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

explosivo posted:

A full gear set drops in 1 rested chaos run or 2 chaos runs (usually). You're going to disenchant 100 gear sets before going to the next tier.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thanks all, that makes sense! Unfortunately I still have a couple excruciating upgrades to go before I get to 600 but I'll just rush the dungeons once I do.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I don't like systems in mmos that can lead to regret

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Wow this game absolutely demolishes my laptop battery. I thought it was because I was on an older machine, but it put it on my newer one (both macbook pros with bootcamp) and it still went from 100% - 10% in a couple hours while plugged in. That’s a pretty long session for me, but god help me if I’m not fully charged when I start.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

Having regret is the entire point of all MMOs.

Pryce
May 21, 2011
For anyone complaining about matchmaking harder content, I was on the verge of ragequitting because of the T2 Guardian Raids and was angry about people wasting my time in Abyssal Dungeons by not reading up on one-shot mechanics.

Using the Party Finder has changed my life, and this is easily the most fun I’ve had in any MMO in years. I’m definitely getting lucky with groups, but just the extra effort it takes to find and join a group that simply asks you to have read a guide gets over that annoying hurdle of randoms just smashing their heads repeatedly against a brick wall. Each group has been fun, patient, and supportive of each other even during wipes (which will still happen), and this week’s the first one where I cleared all 5 T2 Abyssals.

It also made me finally start working on some real alts because I want more characters that can play Abyssals weekly since they’re super fun and crazy rewarding.

Tl;dr don’t use “matchmake” for Guardian Raids and Abyssal Dungeons. Sign up for a pre made in Party Find instead.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Pryce posted:

It also made me finally start working on some real alts because I want more characters that can play Abyssals weekly since they’re super fun and crazy rewarding.

I wish you could keep doing them for low/no rewards because, yeah, they’re super fun and more interesting imo than the guardians. Capping at two a week (?) feels silly, especially with how complicated some of the gimmicks are — it’d be nice to be able to practice them more. At least the early ones open up pretty quick for alts.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
If you use a rapport gift bomb to skip stat requirements, do you lose out on seeing the quest?

FutureCop
Jun 7, 2011

Have you heard of Fermat's principle?
Does anyone have advice on building gunlancers? I'm following the typical guides and such but man, I'm surprised by how anemic and wimpy the class feels, and this isn't even compared to DPS classes like my Deadeye, I mean he's even underperforming compared to my support Paladin as well. I'm just finding it really difficult to do any damage: yes, I know that's not their primary goal, and the shield is nice, but I wasn't expecting it to come with such a serious trade-off. I tried going into a Un'nil raid solo with a vanilla support-ish Paladin and a vanilla blue-ish Gunlancer, fresh out of powerpass: both just 320 and with a basic build, no engravings or anything. The paladin killed it with 8 minutes left, the Gunlancer timed out with 25% hp left. Is this just the tax that comes with having a big shield? Maybe it just takes longer for them to come online? I was using blue skills mostly instead of red with no blue engraving to boost that, so maybe I was shooting myself in the foot and being unfair, but still, the difference in damage feels staggering.

FutureCop fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Feb 26, 2022

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
Getting the combat readiness engraving to 1, maybe a level of barrier and a full set of accessories with mastery makes a huge difference. Double slot the class engraving, accessories with mastery and +1 or +2 to barrier are really affordable on the market, become the immortal bubble boy you were destined to be.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

FutureCop posted:

Does anyone have advice on building gunlancers? I'm following the typical guides and such but man, I'm surprised by how anemic and wimpy the class feels, and this isn't even compared to DPS classes like my Deadeye, I mean he's even underperforming compared to my support Paladin as well. I'm just finding it really difficult to do any damage: yes, I know that's not their primary goal, and the shield is nice, but I wasn't expecting it to come with such a serious trade-off. I tried going into a Un'nil raid solo with a vanilla support-ish Paladin and a vanilla blue-ish Gunlancer, fresh out of powerpass: both just 320 and with a basic build, no engravings or anything. The paladin killed it with 8 minutes left, the Gunlancer timed out with 25% hp left. Is this just the tax that comes with having a big shield? Maybe it just takes longer for them to come online? I was using blue skills mostly instead of red with no blue engraving to boost that, so maybe I was shooting myself in the foot and being unfair, but still, the difference in damage feels staggering.

Your test was definitely unfair to gunlancer. Their engraving gives them damage unlike the paladin's.

I don't know if gunlancer's damage catches up to the other dps lategame, but I am always extremely happy to have a gunlancer dps in my groups. They do incredible amounts of stagger damage, are in a great spot to counter, and have higher uptime than other classes on the boss thanks to their shield.

Also speaking as a bard, I felt I could stay kind of competitive with the dps classes until they really took off in later t1. There just aren't enough stats at 320 ilvl to make a huge difference yet.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Spuckuk posted:

Its very viable now. Look up a korean player called Handgunner on youtube, hes great for info

gently caress yes, thank you.

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Even with the engraving my freshly 50 blue Gunlancer feels pretty squishy and low damage. Not sure what ilvl it starts to feel better, but it’s not great at the beginning.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I've been pretty negative about the story of lost ark so far but Feiton was a great experience. Definitely my favorite zone by far. The epic battle and the follow up afterwards.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

gandlethorpe posted:

Just hit level 50 shortly into the Arthetine quest. Does anything cool unlock at this point that isn't story gated? What's this about a regular skill that's only unlockable at level 50 that doesn't show up in my K menu? It was there when I go to the training area with the angel chick.

Also, how is level 50 the max but also not?

You may want to put Arthetine on hold and go to North Vern, it's going to very quickly put you onto track to get your first awakening skill and gear you up to i250, which will let you do a chaos dungeon and basically immediately jump to 302 to do guardian raids and hone gear. I was working on Vern today, hit 250 from quest rewards, then ran a chaos dungeon and immediately replaced my entire gearset.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tbh the first story part is way way too long. They should have cut it like in half if not more. The game is way too front loaded.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So does the first real hurdle start around 560? I'm losing a lot of hone attempts, and my daily chaos dungeons don't give me a ton to work with.

At this point I think i've hit up most of the juicy t1 islands.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

MarcusSA posted:

Tbh the first story part is way way too long. They should have cut it like in half if not more. The game is way too front loaded.

I think a lot of the story pacing faults come from the fact that we have like 2 years of game all at once here

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Thinking about trading out Soundholic for Rhythm Buckshot in my bard's raid build. Soundholic helps with meter gain and does a lot of damage but I'm always up in the face of the boss and have a lot of opportunities to get counters that nobody else is taking.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

What exactly are people looking for in party finder? I'm having a lot of trouble getting a group for the 12th guardian. I've gotten into one group that just immediately kicked me (???)

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I’m like 1325+ now and suddenly running out of mana on content like guardian raids. First time it happened I was like wtf because I’d literally never seen that happen before and didn’t understand why my skills stopped working

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003

Oxyclean posted:

So does the first real hurdle start around 560? I'm losing a lot of hone attempts, and my daily chaos dungeons don't give me a ton to work with.

Yeah, around 560-580, it started to suck a lot. Just keep up on your dailies and be patient. 590-600 was a bit soul crushing.

However, then I hit 600 and had so many t2 materials in my bags, that I hit 1000 immediately. Now I am grinding to the next checkpoint 1100. :lmao:

Don't give up!

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut

Oxyclean posted:

I just got 560 and started an alt to run the tower first. Plus, funneling mats. This seems promising and lower-effort than I'd anticipated, should've started this two days ago.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I suppose I should probably power pass an alt - having a hard time deciding on what.

How does the tower thing work? I think I did a handful of floors already. Is there like "first time roster" rewards that are the card packs and such, then secondary characters get honing mats instead? What stuff/activities do alts get that they use to funnel back to main/roster?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Wait, I'm not following, sorry. WHy would you want an alt to run tower first?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Oxyclean posted:

I suppose I should probably power pass an alt - having a hard time deciding on what.

How does the tower thing work? I think I did a handful of floors already. Is there like "first time roster" rewards that are the card packs and such, then secondary characters get honing mats instead? What stuff/activities do alts get that they use to funnel back to main/roster?

Alts are pretty low effort, generally you'll raise a T1 alt to 340 ilvl (+2) and then they sit there doing chaos dungeons/maybe guardian raids and funneling any unbound mats to your main. Once your main is in the next tier, you research the improved honing for the previous tier and start pushing your alts up. You can also push them with any bound mats they collect and do the tower. Also helpful to have some people to get una dailies done on so you can do more than 3 a day for rep and getting to your weekly una point cap.

I wouldn't stress too much about the powerpass, 600 gold is really not a lot and that's all the powerpass is worth, less than that really because if you pay the 600 gold you can do a quest in luterra that gives 15 green class books and 7 rare class books, and the powerpass for some reason doesn't let you do that quest. If you raise an alt and don't like it, raise something else.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Oxyclean posted:

Yes to the bolded.

Alts get (from this): Una's Tasks, which reward character-bound mats but a lot of reputation rewards are significant and account-wide. You can only get each rep reward once/day, but alts allow you to progress more than three tracks at once. Chaos Dungeons and Guardian Raids can both earn you unbound mats. You can earn gold from six Abyssal Dungeons/week, which if you're not in T2 yet you haven't unlocked enough to run six. If you are, they still give extra chances at legendary cards/engravings/etc.

And yeah as noted above, Power Passes are worth less than 600 gold and you get nine Knowledge Transfers, so boosting a single alt isn't a heavy investment.

admanb fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Feb 27, 2022

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Since I don't plan on playing Berserker or Sorceress and their rare class books sell for a ton more than any other class, I've been opening my chests, picking those books and then selling them on the MB so I can get like 2 or 3 of the books I actually want. It's great.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Junkie Disease posted:

You are free! You have won!

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xF7_svEraMU

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

FutureCop posted:

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/build-guides/combat-readiness-gunlancer-raid-guide

You probably already are using this, but this is what I'm using and my GL is just amazing. You're right its not going to poo poo out damage in Abyss dungeons, but once you get your crit and specialization up you will be shielded and criting a ton while just face tanking mechanics that arent insta-wipe.

This is just from today, buts its far from the first time someone has gushed about the GL and the shields in a party I've been in. You really feel like a god at times.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Feb 27, 2022

junan_paalla
Dec 29, 2009

Seriously, do drugs
You also have the incredible, unique power of taunt, letting you interrupt boss attacks and making them face you, offering their juicy backside to the rest of the group. Unparalleled boss control, party-wide shield, easy counters and near 100% damage uptime while being very forgiving to play makes the gunlancer a really fun and impactful class to play and a welcome friend in dungeons and raids.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Plus Nallasia's Energy if you take it gives a nice damage reduction buff to your teammates along with a shield. The chaos dungeon skill version is also really good for just everyday questing and of course chaos dungeons, you have a pretty good chance of making MVP if you do them in a party thanks to the surge cannon always coming off cd quickly in the third stage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

M. Night Skymall posted:

Alts are pretty low effort, generally you'll raise a T1 alt to 340 ilvl (+2) and then they sit there doing chaos dungeons/maybe guardian raids and funneling any unbound mats to your main. Once your main is in the next tier, you research the improved honing for the previous tier and start pushing your alts up. You can also push them with any bound mats they collect and do the tower. Also helpful to have some people to get una dailies done on so you can do more than 3 a day for rep and getting to your weekly una point cap.

I wouldn't stress too much about the powerpass, 600 gold is really not a lot and that's all the powerpass is worth, less than that really because if you pay the 600 gold you can do a quest in luterra that gives 15 green class books and 7 rare class books, and the powerpass for some reason doesn't let you do that quest. If you raise an alt and don't like it, raise something else.
I see, thanks.

What would the power pass be good for? My friend was saying there was a unique reward (pet?) for doing one, along with a second power pass.

And what are my options for gold? I'm sitting on 2k and honing has started using that. Other poster mentioned Abyss dungeons, which I haven't touched at all.