Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I just fought a gnarled tree stump, that was badass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I spend most of my time sprinting across the map screaming "help me someone, help me, oh god" followed by "wow this is a cool looking vie-" YOU DIED

It's very fun in a very masochistic way, but I really hope I get the attribute assigning unlock thing soon so I can get more HP.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Unlocked the map for Caelid.

Think that's enough for tonight. :stare:

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Unlocked the map for Caelid.

Think that's enough for tonight. :stare:

This keeps happening. I feel like I'm running out of game space, find a new map, and discovering several more miles of stuff.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

I've been just loving around grinding stuff (level 17 now, though not really sure what to do with stats - I've been putting a ton into endurance after getting 16 strength for my shield) and will try to actually fight other things now. I reached the point where I can pretty reliably just stroll into that first camp of soldiers on foot and kill everyone (without using any stealth attacks).

I'm a little unsure on how to use the heavy shield correct. Do you want to just run away once your endurance gets low-ish? Does the amount of endurance damage your shield takes depend on the enemy attack? Heavy enemy attacks seem to break through my shield guard, but is this always the case or can it stop being the case if you gain enough poise or whatever?

I think the next thing I'm going to do is go back to the imp dungeon and gently caress those guys up. My shield should be able to protect me against them, and they should go down in only a couple sword strikes now.

There's a stat for shields in this game, "guard boost" or something to that effect (sorry, don't have the game open to check). That's the stat that determines how much stamina you lose when you block an attack, which is equivalent to Stability in previous dark souls games. If an attack depletes all of your remaining stamina, your guard is broken. In previous dark souls games, you could upgrade that stat by upgrading your shield. That doesn't appear to be the case anymore, though? At least, I'm not seeing any boosts to that stat from shield upgrades. Maybe you have to upgrade it a whole lot to see an effect. Poise is different. That is the measure of how resistant you are to having your animation interrupted when taking an unblocked attack.

When blocking attacks, keep in mind that your stamina recovers more quickly when you aren't holding up your shield. That means you want to lower your shield in between attacks if possible. If a flurry of attacks is too much, then back off and create some distance between you and the enemy.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

coolusername posted:

I spend most of my time sprinting across the map screaming "help me someone, help me, oh god" followed by "wow this is a cool looking vie-" YOU DIED

It's very fun in a very masochistic way, but I really hope I get the attribute assigning unlock thing soon so I can get more HP.

You should follow the guide line the game gave you right at the start. That will lead you to the spot that unlocks leveling up.

Fats
Oct 14, 2006

What I cannot create, I do not understand
Fun Shoe
One of the merchants has a lantern, it's a small thing but it's nice to go into dark mini dungeons and not have to offhand the torch. You activate it like a flask, but it never seems to get used up.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
I'm level 40 and I can't decide if Sorcery stinks or not.

It was extremely busto strong on like the two or three shitter minibosses before I got to Margit, and then it has been somewhat more balanced in terms of raw strength.

My main gripe though is that the only two spells that seem worth casting are the two you start the game with-- casting the magic missile over and over is getting pretty boring. The game's trailers kind of made it seem like they had Dragons Dogmafied the magic but it's all been a bit lame. It doesn't help that I keep finding literally three times as many incantations and faith scaling things as sorceries/int items. Also the incredible armory of huge swords and unga bunga weapons I'm finding everywhere and can't use. It took 20 hours for me to find the first real sorcery vendor and there was maybe one spell in there that ended up being situationally useful.

It's nice that I can use ashes to give any weapon int-scaling, but the sorcery ashes themselves are also pretty lame(of the 3 you can buy from the vendor in Stormveil castle). The Carian Greatsword skill is cool as hell but it's so slow it's nearly impossible to use and it does not seem to hit nearly hard enough to justify the incredible risk.

I've stopped pumping int at 30 points and I'm just investing in endurance and health now until the game either gives me some really cool new sorcery/int scaling toy or I find a normal weapon cool enough to make me totally abandon magic.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

You should follow the guide line the game gave you right at the start. That will lead you to the spot that unlocks leveling up.

I am, I think? I went to the church, spoke to the merchant, there was a cool statue with a blue line, followed that into a catacombs and now I'm getting my rear end kicked by a really naughty dog after solving the puzzle there. Unless I missed something obvious or got waylaid in the wrong direction?

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

coolusername posted:

I am, I think? I went to the church, spoke to the merchant, there was a cool statue with a blue line, followed that into a catacombs and now I'm getting my rear end kicked by a really naughty dog after solving the puzzle there. Unless I missed something obvious or got waylaid in the wrong direction?

Ah, there's another site of grace at that church that points further north. Keep going in that direction.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
I thought I had to beat the boss in there to continue things and have mostly been getting my rear end kicked at 50%. Okay I'm going to backtrack and try to find that, thanks! I am not good at this game.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Over 20+ hours and I'm level 35 and haven't beaten Godrick yet. There's so much to explore and so many types of builds I want to do, but I think I'm gonna stick with DEX + Faith. Game owns.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

coolusername posted:

I thought I had to beat the boss in there to continue things and have mostly been getting my rear end kicked at 50%. Okay I'm going to backtrack and try to find that, thanks! I am not good at this game.
Yeah, you should be able to get where you need to go from the church in like two minutes.

After that there's a somewhat essential thing you can immediately get by (spoiling in case you'd rather happen upon stuff blind, but this is very easy to pass up if you don't know to look for it) resting until night, then teleporting back to the church and talking to an NPC who shows up.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

coolusername posted:

It's worthwhile to follow the proscribed grace sites at least until you get to the castle gates. Then you'll have enough tools to explore properly

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

sigher posted:

The problem isn't quite cleaning up the inputs, not mashing is definitely a must, however my biggest issue is that the inputs are queued no matter what the situation. For instance, boss has a string of 3 hits, but the hits are all staggered between each other. Makes sense, you have to time your dodges and not just mash dodge 3 times in a row since that's too easy. However, say if you try and dodge the first attack and you're a fraction too late you're going to get hit, however now you have that dodge roll queued up for whatever direction you had input and you can't do anything about it. Now, the problem is since you're in hitstun, that roll is coming out frame 1 no matter what and more often than not it's not going to be timed with the next hit of the combo and you're going to get hit. I already timed the first hit incorrectly, don't punish me twice for the same input and move my character.

My character should never move or do an action if I'm not actively inputting a command nor should anything be buffered while I'm in hitstun. The buffer should be emptied out once the player is hit and you should be able to turn it off completely. I hated the buffer in Bloodborne, I hated it in Sekiro and I hate it just as much in Elden Ring. I like the idea of it, because it's there to teach you to not mash but it introduces an even bigger problem that bothers me to no end.

That said I'm still enjoying the hell out of the game.

Also, I found a Whip but I can't equip it? Like, if I go and sell items it's there under my weapons I think but when I go to equip it, it's just not there. I'm confused, maybe it isn't a weapon?

Thanks for all of the tips on Leonine goons, I'm going back into the fray for my routine colonoscopy FromSoft bosses dish out and hopefully come out with his head on a platter.

I don't think the buffer is there to "teach" you anything, it's just something that made sense in 2009 for a game that didn't have any animation canceling and most attacks were repetitive, with long animations. It's dumb as hell in 2022, along with the camera and numerous other decade-old control cruft.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe
I feel like this game could easily be condensed to half the size. I love exploring but I hate big empty expanses and going through a copy-pasta sub-dungeons to just get like, two items you'd otherwise find in a single room in a dark souls game. It feels a little bloated? Like how instead of 4 different standard upgrade mat's they went to 8 as a consequence of such a large world. It's got that boring done-a-thousand-times crafting system to help fill it out as well. No thanks, I'll just not use it. How about ya just make the item sellable at merchants and don't have me do tedious work to make my own? The ONLY thing I use it for is firebombs, just because at the moment they can be thrown faster than my fireball cast.

It wants you to explore but so often I find an area, battle through, and get rewarded 90% of the time with an item i can't use, won't use, or don't even know what it does. I've received a flower crafting item multiple times from what I was hoping would be a cool weapon or, loving anything except a crafting item to something I don't have a book for. I suppose that is what exploring is, you won't know what you'll find, but after meticulously going through Limgrave I have ZERO desire to do all that running around in the other areas.

Oh and speaking of finding things, I have found a number of weapons I do want try out... but I feel like i'm stuck committing most my resources to the first greatsword I found. In this game a weapon requires 12 of one level of upgrade material before moving to the next, and I'm assuming that is true for the next 8 levels. That is 96 stones. For one weapon. I hope that either the later upgrades require less, or they start spraying you down with smithing stones later in the game. I wanted to give dual-weilding a try so I blew a lot of resources on a claymore only to find it to be kinda underwhelming, I've really only used one weapon the entirety of this time interspersed with lobbing a fireballs on occasion.

From Limgrave I b-lined right for the next area's map, and then the castle in the blighted area east of limgrave. Once i got there there were enemies copy-reskinned-pasted from limgrave, the courtyard had the same blade-lion as stormviel's, oh but wait, there are two this time. The first boss were just two bosses I'd already fought thrown in the same arena.... hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

ok rant over. I do like the game, I'm at 33 hours right now digging the story content, like, I'm invested when I actually know what's going on. When the game is good its good, and it's very visually impressive with great atmosphere and music. Just getting frustrated with the busywork.

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
Is there a "the" soulsgames streamer who's very pro at them? Wanted to check out some pros stream of their first time playing ER out of curiosity.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Scoss posted:

I'm level 40 and I can't decide if Sorcery stinks or not.

It was extremely busto strong on like the two or three shitter minibosses before I got to Margit, and then it has been somewhat more balanced in terms of raw strength.

My main gripe though is that the only two spells that seem worth casting are the two you start the game with-- casting the magic missile over and over is getting pretty boring. The game's trailers kind of made it seem like they had Dragons Dogmafied the magic but it's all been a bit lame. It doesn't help that I keep finding literally three times as many incantations and faith scaling things as sorceries/int items. Also the incredible armory of huge swords and unga bunga weapons I'm finding everywhere and can't use. It took 20 hours for me to find the first real sorcery vendor and there was maybe one spell in there that ended up being situationally useful.

It's nice that I can use ashes to give any weapon int-scaling, but the sorcery ashes themselves are also pretty lame(of the 3 you can buy from the vendor in Stormveil castle). The Carian Greatsword skill is cool as hell but it's so slow it's nearly impossible to use and it does not seem to hit nearly hard enough to justify the incredible risk.

I've stopped pumping int at 30 points and I'm just investing in endurance and health now until the game either gives me some really cool new sorcery/int scaling toy or I find a normal weapon cool enough to make me totally abandon magic.

I've had a similar experience where around level 40 and doing a lot of co-op I never see magic users and I've stopped casting incantations myself, largely because I don't have any good ones. However it's definitely worth taking into account how many good Faith scaling special weapons there are (I'm assuming the same is true for Int), and the ability to freely swap faith/int scaling onto your weapon at any time is incredible

That being said I have like... 7 incantations, out of the literally 64 in the game, so :shrug:

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
When looking at the map you can press TRIANGLE to see a list of all sites of grace you can travel to. I only just found this out.

Delorence Fickle
Feb 21, 2011
Made it to a tower with a horse knight and a bunch of crossbowmen somewhere in Limegrave. Kicked their asses, climbed the tower, opened a chest and how in the gently caress am I in the Royal Capital? This game loves to throw you into places that you have NO business in at level 17. You know you're underleveled when you do 400 damage to a golem and it only registers as a tiny blip on its health bar.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
So for the Godrick fight is summoning the warrior lady as a coop partner part of her quest line I need to do? Or can I just go in to try and solo him guilt free?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
found a merchant selling the item needed to respec characters, and i would just like to say: god loving dammit from, stop tying that mechanic to obscure, limited(?) items. Sure, you can gate it behind mid-late game content if you want, but let people experiment!! I cant believe you've done this yet again.

...I also found a Sorcery with requirements of 0 INT / 24 FTH, which means From is doing one of their funny jokes again, making spells that no one will ever use

pentyne posted:

You have to then attack the bones on the ground. Doesn't matter what kind of weapon you use.
I've been running a faith build and I just hit enough faith to equip the cool holy scythe I found early on

only to find out that it doesn't actually seem to do any more damage to skeleton enemies than it does non-skeleton enemies. Excuse me, game? Is that not the point of Holy Magic???

Propaganda Hour posted:

So I found another river well, and, uh

The giant ants building a hive out of corpses and mangled, bloody limbs that have washed to the bottom of the world was loving terrifying.

This game is metal as gently caress and I love it
...:gonk:
why!! is it always!!! giant bugs!!!!!

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm gonna burst people's bubbles because the wizard school in Liurnia was locked and needed a key to open, it was more that I had the entire area to explore early is how I found smithstones.
The door has a body next to it with a map to where the key is. If you follow the map you find a dragon! Which is another really cool fight, but 100% skippable if you can survive the opening attacks. Once he gets out of the way, you can just grab the key from the ground and leave. ...But he also gives like 15000 runes and a dragon heart, so you should definitely murder him.

Logan 5
Jan 29, 2007

Bash -> To the Cop

Omi no Kami posted:

Before I take the plunge and commit to upgrading a weapon for a while, are there any really obviously rad-tastic quality or STR weapons in the first area? I've already found the large club, zweihander, and greataxe, and if I don't find something pancake-ier in the next bit that's probably where I'll end up.

Those are Souls classics, but if you want something new - since you've gotten the Zwei already, find the Morne tunnels on that southern island, near the end of a ravine in the middle of it. It'll reward you with a STR weapon I find hilarious just to wield, the Rusted Anchor

If you want to get another absolute classic Souls STR weapon though, albeit definitely not in the first area anymore - near the beginning of Caelid to the east, there is a chest that has the Greatsword, aka the Guts cosplay weapon

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I preloaded this game and I still haven't booted it :-/

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Is there a "the" soulsgames streamer who's very pro at them? Wanted to check out some pros stream of their first time playing ER out of curiosity.

A bunch of the soulsborne speed runners have been playing. Here are two that I don't hate:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1406400961
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1406405250 (this dude did a 32-hour marathon stream for some ungodly reason, one day after a 13-hour marathon stream)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I don't understand why the goats start rolling sometimes but I love it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
Just in case anyone was wondering if the dodge roll always had the amount of input delay it does in Elden Ring due to sprint/dodge being on the same bind, no. Dark Souls Remaster, Prepare to Die Edition, and DS3 have more or less instant dodge roll if you press a direction input and the dodge/sprint key at the same time. In Elden Ring you need to have pressed a directional input for some amount of time (feels like a couple hundrd milliseconds) before the dodge/sprint button release will actually register and result in a dodge. You're not imagining things.

The Locator posted:

Definitely seeing a lot of framerate & stutter issues on my old 1080ti, even with 11gb of ram to load stuff into. i7-8700k with 32gb of ram.

Going to load it onto my laptop with a 3060, i7-11800 and 32gb ram and see if it's any better, or maybe worse! Both machines have NVMe SSD's.

Any specific settings I should maybe change in the game to reduce framerate/stuttering issues?

Even though I am bad at the combat, I am enjoying the game (playing as a sorcerer type throwing my magic missiles at stuff and not getting into direct combat mostly), the performance issues are very real and pretty annoying.

There are a few distinct contributors to the framerate/stuttering issues and they don't really care about hardware. It's also probably not something AMD/NVidia drivers can fix.

The biggest contributor is probably going to be shader compilation. The good news is that this will eventually stop happening as you build a cache for all the shaders stutter by stutter. Unless it gets hosed up or you update/rollback GPU drivers, or there's some patch that changes things with shaders. But this is the big 500ms to seconds long stutter that happens whenever you swing a new weapon, enter a new area, get attacked by a new enemy - the bad one.

The second biggest contributor is probably asset streaming. This is really obvious when you run back and forth around the area the first big golden tree sentinel horseman is in. I actually noticed fewer of these asset loading zones deeper into the game. But this never really goes away.

Then there are other random drops and stutters. No idea what's causing these. But it's probably someting only Fromsoft can really fix.

There are some things you can try to reduce stutters and get some more frames. Some of them don't really make any sense and might just be gamer placebo but they aren't really harmful. The first thing I'd do is try to find a GPU driver that works well. The most recent "Elden Ring Ready" drivers from Nvidia and AMD both seem to perform worse than some previous versions. Trying the most recent WHQL driver is a good start. I've had pretty similar performance with AMD drivers up to 22.2.1. The moset recent AMD driver, 22.2.3, was significantly worse and has stability issues. Also you'll need to go through shader compilation every time you change drivers.

Now we can get into the potentially placebo poo poo - I'd recommend just checking the Elden Ring subreddit and searching for stutter fix or something. That seems to list most of the potentially real ones (that also apparently worked for Sekiro). The only ones I bothered trying were setting the game processor priority to high (you'll have to set it to launch this way via regedit), disabling Microsoft Device Association Root Enumerator in the Device Manager (the game might interact with this while looking for input devices or just when using an input device that uses it-- not really sure. might also be pure placebo. worth trying), and using Borderless Windowed mode in game instead of Fullscreen (although fullscreen doesnt appear to have a performance cost after the most recent patch - could also have just been shader compilation).

Those were a lot of parentheticals. There's other stuff to try, though it's all going to be pretty marginal. One thing I've noticed is that the graphics settings barely change the frequency or magnitude of the framedrops/stutters. You may as well max it all out, play for a bit until the earliest shader compilation stutters are done, and then test graphics settings. Higher settings (and thus higher average gpu utilization) might counteract some of the stutters which are preceded by GPU usage plummeting, probably due to some disgustingly low level DX12 goofup. Some of the graphics settings also likely change the asset streaming/loading parameters or other behind the scenes things in ways that can lessen or exacerbate the stutter/framerate issues. poo poo's weird.

I wrote way too much on this. Feels like a boss fight guide.

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

beer gas canister posted:

It's worthwhile to follow the proscribed grace sites at least until you get to the castle gates. Then you'll have enough tools to explore properly

Absolutely, I just didn't realise I'd gotten off track from them - when I interacted with the thing near the first grace, another line popped up, so I thought it was the proscribed path when I followed the new line the wrong way.

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Yeah, you should be able to get where you need to go from the church in like two minutes.

After that there's a somewhat essential thing you can immediately get by (spoiling in case you'd rather happen upon stuff blind, but this is very easy to pass up if you don't know to look for it) resting until night, then teleporting back to the church and talking to an NPC who shows up.

Thanks, I shall do that too!

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

Distortion2 and HeyZeusHeresToast are pretty popular and really good.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cuttlefush posted:

I wrote way too much on this. Feels like a boss fight guide.

Agreed. I'm just going to go enjoy the fun game now and not care when the frame rate stutters.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Just found out you can swing your weapon on the other side of the horse if you use the Parry/Shield button. Hell yeah.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

If it’s an issue due to direction hold that gives me some hope maybe they’ll loving fix it and I can play the game

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Araganzar posted:

I DID IT! I got to the giant jar thingie!

I'm level 25 and Margit is too tuff so having noticed you can see where all the map monoliths are I decided to light up the map. First I went all the way S and SW where I found a big dungeon with tons of titanite and guy just chilling in a shack SELLING A ZWEIHANDER. Then I start exploring at the crystal dungeon you get teleported to and go through ghosty mage city. I go south and unlock the HOLY gently caress UNDERGROUND then head back NE. Finally I am in dragontown and I see this giant jar sitting in front of a coliseum with some big blue rear end giants guarding it. It's in a big rear end canyon so I follow that back, can't figure out how to get in there, die a bunch of times trying to use the horse. I then follow it south, find out how to get into the canyon, hell yes! Nope it ends in some giant ball with a bunch of crystals. I try a stupid long time to jump up the crystals on the horse to a branch then I give up. Try approaching it from the east, there is even a road leading there on the map but NOPE no matter where I go I can't get in there.

So then I try from the coast to the west and hell yeah I get down there! Only it's cut off like 20 feet from the path to the coliseum and there's just this Erdtree Catacombs. So I try the coast from the east, I find this gigantic tower (Caelid) where everything one shots me but guys love to jump to their death and give me 1,194 runes so that's cool. Seriously if you can make it through that tower there are two guards 10 seconds from the grace that are incredibly gung ho about jumping into a ladder hole Guy With The Exile Sword in Dark Souls 3 style. I pretty much clear the tower but I can't beat the guy at the bottom. I don't mean the boss, I can't even beat the guy outside his fog door. So I try to work my way DOWN the tower from the top bonfire to get to the ground. I use horse fuckery to get down there and YES I'm at the coast! Also there is basically a titanite slab there. But nooooo there is no beachfront property just rocks and I can't get to the jar.

I go back to above the canyon and look at the building next to the holy bonfire there, it looks kind of like it might be elevator housing since there's nothing else around it. So I go back to the underground and basically sprint through it until I get to an area where everyone is 2-shotting me with giant loving arrows from orbit but I find a teleporter and boom I am in another crazy-rear end mind-blowing underground area. These arrow guys really suck but I make it to what looks like a teleporter but WTF IT DOESN'T WORK! I'm jumping up and down on the activator pad and nothing. I am about to just port out and give up then I decide to survey the perimeter and there is a statue that wants a stone key. I just got one from a jumping puzzle in the same area so I use it and YES YES YES I come out at the building!

First I go south and say hi to this nice bear, let's not talk about that any more. Then I go west and north and there is no more fuckery and it connects up! I play hidsey and seekey with the giants and as I approach Sir Giant Jar I see a "TALK" button! But I am getting rogered by even bigger arrows than in the underground. So I run behind the jar and log out. I log back in and go talk to it and all it says is "....."! But I don't care I did it. It's a really nice jar.

Now I'm level 36 and I have a +4 Zweihander and my map looks great. I should probably try to kill my first boss now....

I hope the Zwei is good, it sure is slow as hell but it stunlocks practically everything and the moveset is just as good as always. Really just lacks a vertical attack, it's really annoying fighting birds. At +4 it's still D/D scaling though. I guess we will have a heavy infusion equivalent but I found a Brick Hammer with B scaling at +0. I need to find a strike weapon but moveset and reach on the hammers is bad. I am hoping to find a Great Club or Large Club as I suspect jump attacks will be fun with those.

So what is the deal with levelling up your ashen summons? I got a ton of items exploring that say they level them up but where do I go to do that? Are the doggies the best thing to do? They are the most expensive one I can use. I picked up a Mad Punkin Head ash but it takes 110 FP and I only have 65.

I'm way behind in the thread but I'm glad to see someone else so excited about the giant jar lmao. My friends and I have been hanging in discord playing, and my quest to find a way to the king of all jars became a meme. I was so elated when that wild rear end area finally led me to it.

Spades
Sep 18, 2011
I found the best way to beat the undodgeable dragon swoop attack is to get off the horse so that the iframes make you invulnerable, and don't even try to dodge.

I don't think I've actually fought a worse dragon boss than the ones in this game so I don't care about how cheap that is

Also it gave me like 40k souls so it probably wasn't meant to be beaten at level 18

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Are bloodstains with circles people in the group I assigned? How do I tell if a summon sign is from someone in LLJK?

Also do we have a discord?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Question about paintings - do I need to go to the location that's the focus of the painting, or do I go to where the painters POV was?

Mia Antifa
Sep 12, 2011

nazi punks fuck off
Ranni questline:

Hope you all like giant ants :dogstare: got her set though for maximum fashion soulsringborneiro

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Aside from the map button not also canceling the map, here's a weird complaint about this game: why do half of the greatswords and colossal swords require faith to use? Like not even a tiny amount either, a lot of them require 20+

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Oh hello again, Smough. Its just so nice see you again <leaves a white mark that says get a load of this but hole>

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Frankston posted:

Question about paintings - do I need to go to the location that's the focus of the painting, or do I go to where the painters POV was?

Painters POV. Its really poorly explained.