Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008
https://twitter.com/DestinyFightin1/status/1497872934987517952

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Georg Rockall-Schmidt also put out a video about the crypto couple, which has some photos of the ways they were completely failing to hide their crimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEdlcQQ6mdY

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BlackIronHeart posted:

poo poo, apparently NFTs are being linked to full 3D models now and that's somehow a good thing since just buying the model or commissioning someone to make it is SO web2.0, I guess?

https://twitter.com/TheFoodMage/status/1497270926877990914

Of course it's a default Poser model that ever lovely Steam game uses

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
she looks like someone is trying to explain NFTs to her and she's just absolutely disgusted

i've been that lady (non-fungibly)

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Dabir posted:

Georg Rockall-Schmidt also put out a video about the crypto couple, which has some photos of the ways they were completely failing to hide their crimes.

Literally had a spreadsheet listing "dirty" bank accounts and passports.txt on the desktop with a bunch of fake ID tor links.

A hearty lol.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I think the idea (that's been posted here about a million times) is that if code is law and the buttcoins are decentralized you can steal them. They just are where they are.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Dabir posted:

e, f beaten, anyway, LOL

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 27, 2022

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
uh they're called that because... you know how phones just catch on fire sometimes? well i have a feeling that these might do that soon so i keep them all together like this for safety

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

How else are they supposed to tell the difference between their multiple bags of phones!?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

every sentence is better than the last

https://web3isgoinggreat.com/?id=2022-02-26-1

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
No no guys, THIS is the NFT that won’t be a scam

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Booyah- posted:

So, an NFT drop went exactly as intended?

for fucks sake
Jan 23, 2016

Booyah- posted:

The CC0 bit at the end is :discourse:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So they get their gas fee refunded right?

Right?

tehinternet
Feb 14, 2005

Semantically, "you" is both singular and plural, though syntactically it is always plural. It always takes a verb form that originally marked the word as plural.

Also, there is no plural when the context is an argument with an individual rather than a group. Somfin shouldn't put words in my mouth.

Booyah- posted:

This owns and whoever made this “project” deserves the $~650k

Ripping off people who buy NFTs is a moral good
E: esp after the public domain stuff at the end

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjAd3HcvAe0

Barudak
May 7, 2007

for fucks sake posted:

The CC0 bit at the end is :discourse:

Holy poo poo laffo its beautiful

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Alan Smithee posted:

So they get their gas fee refunded right?

Right?

Hahaha, of course not.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Seems like the real money is in transaction fees

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Hello Sailor posted:

So you cashed out and bought those things with real money or you're still hodling? Because the latter means you have, in fact, made no money whatsoever.

I operate several validator nodes across multiple chains and have several high yield LPs, it's like mining without the energy consumption. I was hitting about 3k a day in october but it's settled down to around 800

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

You spent $8k on lottery tickets? Nice man, glad it came through.

thank you!

Nessus posted:

You took fourteen months to come back with this?

8k into nearly 8 figures at the peak is pretty good IMO

Somfin posted:

So your parents bought you a house and a car, and you inherited a restaurant, but you're gonna give it all up to be an unpaid discord mod?

What's the project?

I'm under NDA at present but we will be featured at the Avax summit event in Spain. We have a (I think) very cool product that is consumer facing with seven fortune 500 companies currently experimenting with it. It's a way to rethink personal data, how it's used, and how it's shared. This started as a conversation between friends on twitter, we ended up fundraising 4 million dollars and now have a near 20 person company. Very excited!

tango alpha delta posted:

lmao, imagine bragging about crypto on Valentine's Day.

my gosh how did i find a full minute to post on valentines day???

Three Olives posted:

Sorry, I wish I had the financial stability of both being invested in crypto and owning a restaurant, both very well know financially prudent "investments" with regular predictable returns and near zero catastrophic liability potential.

I should specify- I dropped about 80k on an incredible woodfire oven pizza cart and put my friends backyard popup (which has received a ton of critical acclaim in our City already) in it. I just wanted to see it happen, he's extremely talented and a good guy, I don't care about the money. We got an incredibly good location and partnered with the taproom next door.

I wish I'd bought bitcoin back in 2010 when I heard about it on these very forums, but goons talked me out of it! I still don't buy bitcoin, I think the average person is priced out and tbh I do not care for proof of work chains.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Feb 28, 2022

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Donovan Trip posted:

I operate several validator nodes across multiple chains and have several high yield LPs, it's like mining without the energy consumption. I was hitting about 3k a day in october but it's settled down to around 800

thank you!

8k into nearly 8 figures at the peak is pretty good IMO

I'm under NDA at present but we will be featured at the Avax summit event in Spain. We have a (I think) very cool product that is consumer facing with seven fortune 500 companies currently experimenting with it. It's a way to rethink personal data, how it's used, and how it's shared. This started as a conversation between friends on twitter, we ended up fundraising 4 million dollars and now have a near 20 person company. Very excited!

my gosh how did i find a full minute to post on valentines day???

I should specify- I dropped about 80k on an incredible woodfire oven pizza cart and put my friends backyard popup (which has received a ton of critical acclaim in our City already) in it. I just wanted to see it happen, he's extremely talented and a good guy, I don't care about the money. We got an incredibly good location and partnered with the taproom next door.

I'm torn between assuming you're doing low-effort trolling and wanting to ask what your thoughts are on age of consent laws.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

I'm torn between assuming you're doing low-effort trolling and wanting to ask what your thoughts are on age of consent laws.

I don't really think about them at all because I'm happily married and not a weirdo? They're too low in some places in the States and downright disturbing in other countries

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Trollologist posted:

Seems like the real money is in transaction fees

in a gold rush

sell shovels collect shovel fees

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Donovan Trip posted:

I look forward to this project getting a bunch of SoftBank money and being featured on Trashfuture as another example of how tech companies are ruining the world.

You already revealed enough about it, I know it's another one of the couple dozen "what if you could sell your personal data" startups and I'm sure yours is different in some tedious way.

Any opinions on age of consent you'd like to share?

knox_harrington
Feb 18, 2011

Running no point.

Donovan Trip posted:

Which one of these idiots are you? Very much hoping you're Tim Grant :smug:

https://www.avalanchesummit.com

Spoiler: whatever nonsense you're promoting is worse than however it is that people are already doing it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

knox_harrington posted:

Spoiler: whatever nonsense you're promoting is worse than however it is that people are already doing it.

has anyone checked https://this-person-does-not-exist.com/en

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

knox_harrington posted:

https://support.avax.network/en/articles/5952425-can-i-pay-with-crypto

Currency of the future!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
hey NFTbro can i borrow 20 bucks

Vesi
Jan 12, 2005

pikachu looking at?
excited to do some regulatory arbitrage with my negative-sum unregistered securities

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Donovan Trip posted:

lots of delusional bullshit

thank you for confirming that you are a loving sociopath, it's a huge timesaver.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

Donovan Trip posted:

I don't really think about them at all because I'm happily married and not a weirdo? They're too low in some places in the States and downright disturbing in other countries

holy poo poo why would you even need to look up the Age of Consent in several states and other countries? :barf:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

holy poo poo why would you even need to look up the Age of Consent in several states and other countries? :barf:

Nowadays you tend to find out about that information one way or another whether you want to or not.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

It's an uncomfortable reality that some people have made money from crypto. Some people have made a lot of money. Denying that is a bit silly, really.

A far greater number of people FOMO in to it as its going up, or already at unsustainable and/or artificial levels, pumped up to the moon by whales and insiders etc, and basically are the exit liquidity for that very much smaller proportion of people who got in at the right time either via luck, or inside info, etc.

That state of affairs doesn't legitimise crypto. The fact "number go up" as a consequence of a greater number of rubes believing the hype and buying in, not realising that it was all an sham, or even a rug pull, etc doesn't legitimise it. In fact, it speaks volumes that the true believers alway talk about their gains in terms of filthy fiat, and what they've bought with it - because that's what they really care about, not the intrinsic freedom/beauty/whatever of crypto itself.

The key thing to remember is that for every success story, and people making bank from it, there are tens of thousands of people who have straight up lost money. Those are the people making number go up, not any intrinsic value, long term plans, etc.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

People made money off tulip mania too. If it's stupid and it works for you, it's still stupid and you got lucky.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

People made money off tulip mania too. If it's stupid and it works for you, it's still stupid and you got lucky.
Yup, and I'm sure people made money getting in and out of the various Ponzi schemes over the years. They might even say - even knowing what we know now - that it was legitimate because it worked for them.

Therein lies the problem with crypto in the main, people imagine themselves as the ones that get in and out in profit, they don't see themselves as the rube, and the entire concept of value being predicated on endless hype isn't even considered (in fact, it is against ones own interests to give it any air). They don't realise or choose to ignore that them making mad gains is predicated on others losing money.

Really greed is the problem with all of this, greed in every aspect of life. Post reality TV people yearned to be famous without actually having to work hard or do anything of merit, they just wanted to be famous and rich as a consequence by lucking out and "getting noticed". Post GME etc everyone wants to be that guy/girl who turns 1000 dollars into a million with negligible - ideally no - effort or intelligence needed. Crypto and in particular NFTs are the natural nadir of all of that.

Durzel fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Feb 28, 2022

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

To be fair, people did realise to some degree that 'work hard to get successful and rich' is an even bigger and more brutally successful scam.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ghost Leviathan posted:

To be fair, people did realise to some degree that 'work hard to get successful and rich' is an even bigger and more brutally successful scam.

you are actually absolutely correct "work hard and get rich" are actually two very different things. to be fair, cryptocurrencies rapid gains in popularity is a direct response to how unfair "work hard and get rich" actually is.

but, and this is huge, ALL cryptocurrency is based on other people being bigger fools than you are and reducing all human interaction to business transactions, which is arguably far, far worse than the admittedly very flawed system we have now.

e:the biggest problem with money is probably human nature and not the actual money itself.

e: in a perfect world, everyone should have three sources of money; your regular job, which pays your bills, emergency savings and finally, investments in globally sustainable and responsible business, wherever that may be. this last one is the secret sauce to wealth, but, it takes decades to build and you have to budget like a poor person not to piss it all away.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Feb 28, 2022

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

you are actually absolutely correct "work hard and get rich" are actually two very different things. to be fair, cryptocurrencies rapid gains in popularity is a direct response to how unfair "work hard and get rich" actually is.

Now that you mention this, I know how to work hard but I have no idea how any hard work that I would ever do would lead to being rich. It's why I don't really work all that hard if it's at all possible.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Local Weather posted:

Now that you mention this, I know how to work hard but I have no idea how any hard work that I would ever do would lead to being rich. It's why I don't really work all that hard if it's at all possible.

i worked hard for many, many years, and despite my avatar (a 'gift' from an angry Seraph84) i live under a very tight budget and am far what you would consider wealthy. My newest vehicle is a 2013 Toyota.

my financial situation is very boring, unlike the super glamorous, but ultimately empty lives of the CryptoBros, which, i suppose, is the point. as a quick aside, anyone who brags about their wealth is trying to sell you something.

my serious response to your point is this; hard work has absolutely nothing to do with wealth. they are two completely separate things, which of course, is the big secret that no one tells you about. it's infuriatingly unfair, but it is reality. this unfairness is why cryptocurrency is so popular.

lol, Western culture romanticizes money to such unhealthy excesses that once you decouple yourself from that point of view, it's much easier to budget. human nature is probably our worst enemy.

tango alpha delta fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Feb 28, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinmera
Mar 25, 2013

I make games!

The myth of hard work making you rich exists because it keeps the rich rich.

Related interesting watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmMJbwE8j98&t=4s