Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Big advice for gold: When you get tradeable honing materials (most notably Leapstones from guardian raids), check how much they sell for on the auction house. Depending on how the prices are, it can be profitable to sell them for gold, use the gold to buy blue gems, and use the blue gems in the shop to buy the same quantity of untradeable materials.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

okay the inventory/horse gag got me

kliras
Mar 27, 2021

Jabor posted:

Big advice for gold: When you get tradeable honing materials (most notably Leapstones from guardian raids), check how much they sell for on the auction house. Depending on how the prices are, it can be profitable to sell them for gold, use the gold to buy blue gems, and use the blue gems in the shop to buy the same quantity of untradeable materials.
You'll still need Pheons to buy the mats, right?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So, I've slowly dabbling into the end game stuff since reaching 50. Mainly sticking to enhancing background things like stronghold and thus collectables. This includes the illness of finding all the mokoko seeds. I'm done with west luttera and the sand dunes area so far including their dungeons. To do this also meant I took the time to get both the song of resonance and the forest minuet. Blackfang den helped a bunch on pirate coin issues.

Because of that, I had been avoiding touching the dungeons. Finally took a stab at chaos dungeons solo as sorc and oh man is that something. Rolled up an alt afterwards with one power pass, did some learning on bound items. However, now he is also on the run to power my sorc up. I'm still going to ignore abyssal dungeons for now though. But will do at least daily chaos dungeons for the sorc, but hopefully with both for now.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Chaos Dungeons are the exact moment when I said “yeah this game really is an absolute blast” and really inspired me to take a deeper dive into other endgame content

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jokes posted:

Chaos Dungeons are the exact moment when I said “yeah this game really is an absolute blast” and really inspired me to take a deeper dive into other endgame content

Same. It's the quick casual hit of semi tryhard dungeon clearing that made me realize there's more going on to this game than running around mashing g

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, Chaos Dungeons are exactly what I wanted this game to do since the beginning: Put a huge horde of enemies that drop stuff with occasional boss in front of you and then whisper "go wild".

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.
As the 3 tradeskill tools are the reward tomorrow, are there 3 that are recommended? ie: the most impactful, or you get other purple tools easily some other way, etc.

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The chaos dungeon is definitely what pushed me over to start an alt to run them some more for loots. However, I've also been learning some mechanics that kind of tilt me a little. For example, harmony shards are held in a repository and looked up through the same ui system that covers pirate coins, gold, etc. Those other items are roster bound. Amazingly, the harmony shards are not. Which makes it easy to find yourself as I have currently with waay too many shards on the main account and not many on the alt account. Knowing that difference though has moved me to keep everything in chests until needed as they can be moved around in the roster. I did end up hitting panda isle and the other one for an initial batch of shards and stones so I can get my alt to start the ride at ilvl 340. Just an interesting "huh" from that.

That said though, I don't regret the path I took to get there. I'll still run chaos dungeons as I can, but I'm also fully planning to finish the other stuff I want to deal with. Particularly when it comes to mokoko seeds. I'd like to get current with that soonish. It'll be a lot of the collection done in getting there, but I feel it'll be worth it in the end. Having the extra dispatch crew for your stronghold alone is worth it. And I'm starting to slowly understand how the harvesting fields in my stronghold work for me.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

jokes posted:

Chaos Dungeons are the exact moment I realized kmmos will kick you in the dick with huge grinds and boss mechanics that are the opposite of fun, and that I'll never be able to just enjoy this game queueing with random other players

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
chaos dungeons barely have boss mechanics and as far as i can tell you're pretty limited in the amount of stuff you can buy weekly with the extra shards you get from repeated runs

are you thinking of the abyssal dungeons?

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

kaxman posted:

chaos dungeons barely have boss mechanics and as far as i can tell you're pretty limited in the amount of stuff you can buy weekly with the extra shards you get from repeated runs

Gotta be. Chaos should be run solo and is really the most cathartic way to get the materials to hone and upgrade your equipment.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

kaxman posted:

Btw, when you get to T3 the weekly purchase limit gets way way higher. Like x99 available at the exchange for items that have like x5 in lower tiers

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Finally got Air Raid maxed out and picked Big One. Still smiling every time I see those damage numbers and everything get atomized. This game has fun as hell abilities.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Good Citizen posted:

Btw, when you get to T3 the weekly purchase limit gets way way higher. Like x99 available at the exchange for items that have like x5 in lower tiers

Ok, that's fair. I just hit ilvl 1000 last night. I noticed the abyss dungeon that unlock now takes 8 people. T3 is the "current" tier, right? So there's still a lot of islands I can go check out for materials and quests and stuff, I dunno if that exists for the highest tier. I seem to be way behind on virtue stats compared to random players I inspect so I'm gonna spend a few play sessions doing more exploring and questing. The jump from T1 to T2 was kinda hilarious, though. All the chests and junk I had from islands took like a thousand clicks to open and spend.

I finally got a stone with Awakening on it which let me hit 3rd tier of the engraving, though, and wow does a 50% CDR + 6 charges take the sting out of the missing the ult on a guardian. (Soulfist) Also, when it crits...

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012

SkyeAuroline posted:

Finally got Air Raid maxed out and picked Big One. Still smiling every time I see those damage numbers and everything get atomized. This game has fun as hell abilities.

I was just looking at some of the engravings and I've gotten really curious about necromancy. That oculd be a comedy fun one that could possibly just confuse everyone one. Also, is there ever a reason to boost domination? That is the one that makes CCs last longer as a stat. I just keep looking at it and wondering when that is ever a thing. Bosses have all been cc immune and the adds are so low health that you can just clump them up and blow them out quickly without even thinking about it. Possibly while having the boss still catching line of fire. I'm not doing abyssals, so perhaps something there?

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

kaxman posted:

Ok, that's fair. I just hit ilvl 1000 last night. I noticed the abyss dungeon that unlock now takes 8 people. T3 is the "current" tier, right? So there's still a lot of islands I can go check out for materials and quests and stuff, I dunno if that exists for the highest tier. I seem to be way behind on virtue stats compared to random players I inspect so I'm gonna spend a few play sessions doing more exploring and questing. The jump from T1 to T2 was kinda hilarious, though. All the chests and junk I had from islands took like a thousand clicks to open and spend.

I finally got a stone with Awakening on it which let me hit 3rd tier of the engraving, though, and wow does a 50% CDR + 6 charges take the sting out of the missing the ult on a guardian. (Soulfist) Also, when it crits...

Huge amounts of honing materials from island quests was a catch up mechanic that came later after the introduction of higher tiers I think. In T3 those don’t really exist right now. You do get like 150 leap stones as a completion reward from killing the first T3 guardian raid though which is pretty easy.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

kaxman posted:

Oh right sorry... whatever Necromancer's Origin is. That's when I hit the wall hard and had to take a break from the game. Immensely unfun

So yeah the Chaos Dungeons are actually what I wanted from the game, just like D3 go in, blow poo poo up, have some fun, maybe get an upgrade.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Syrinxx posted:

Oh. Yeah whatever Necromancer's Origin is. That's when I hit the wall hard and had to take a break from the game. Immensely unfun

Are you matchmaking or using the find party tab? Matchmaking any content with party wipe mechanics right now is complete garbage. Don’t do it. Party finder is a million times better experience

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

funkmeister posted:

As the 3 tradeskill tools are the reward tomorrow, are there 3 that are recommended? ie: the most impactful, or you get other purple tools easily some other way, etc.

I'm leaning towards getting the ones for foraging, mining and lumber as those the skills use most often. Making potions and stronghold stuff!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

I need one more skill point to get to 268. I powerpass’ed and did the second awakening quest. I did the first half of the tower, but I don’t think I have the ilvl for the second half. Any other easy ones I can pick up?

Also, I got my Gunlancer to like mid-high 300s ilvl and got some orange accessories with specialization. Holy poo poo, I take back everything I said. This might be my new main? Or at least my main alt. Getting like 5 counters in a row, taunting the boss before he smashes your bros, and giving everyone massive shields while taking no damage is so satisfying.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hefty posted:

I need one more skill point to get to 268. I powerpass’ed and did the second awakening quest. I did the first half of the tower, but I don’t think I have the ilvl for the second half. Any other easy ones I can pick up?

https://lost-ark.maxroll.gg/resources/lost-ark-skill-point-guide

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Syrinxx posted:

Oh right sorry... whatever Necromancer's Origin is. That's when I hit the wall hard and had to take a break from the game. Immensely unfun

So yeah the Chaos Dungeons are actually what I wanted from the game, just like D3 go in, blow poo poo up, have some fun, maybe get an upgrade.

To each his own, I guess. I've enjoyed them all so far and I've just smashed matchmaking and gotten a good group within a few tries. The 1st boss mechanic is basically a troll, since you'd think you don't want to clear your debuff until you get a few stacks and several people have suggested as much but that actually doesn't work because the orbs disappear. If one person gets an orb with each roar in a sequence no one will ever hit 5 stacks. Sigmund is an annoying poo poo but also doesn't wipe you if you fail the orbs, he just heals a lot more. I'm not clear on whether you even have to pass the orb check at any point if you have enough dps to kill him from full hp a few times.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

funkmeister posted:

Archeology one for sure.

It’s very useful for making maps and stuff.

Its also a money maker.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Afaik, here's what the biggest use for each trade skill is.

Foraging: Flowers and mushrooms for battle consumables. Because the only marketable HP potion for harder content is purple tier, you can save a lot of gold by farming the flowers yourself for HP pots yourself.

Lumber/Mining: Stronghold and ship upgrades. Useful to have a small stock, but you probably won't burn through these mats super quickly. Also required for repairing max durability for tools.

Hunting/Fishing: Food and battle consumables. Potentially useful depending on how much you really want the extra HP for harder content and/or additional consumables like flares.

Relics: Getting better tools and making gold. This is also how you upgrade your tools.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hyper Inferno posted:

Relics: Getting better tools and making gold. This is also how you upgrade your tools.

Also making adventure maps and getting treasure chests when you dig eventually.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Boy that Tytalus fight sure sucks. I know how to avoid the wipe but keep loving it up anyway. It's a lot to keep track of and I inevitably stop thinking about the tornadoes for 5 seconds.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Is it always worth getting the bonus chest at the end of an Abyss Dungeon for gold to convert the materials into honing ingredients?

I haven't been using the Auction Hall because it seems like it costs Pheons to use and those seem very expensive. Do you expend a Pheon on both purchase and sale?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

malbogio posted:

Is it always worth getting the bonus chest at the end of an Abyss Dungeon for gold to convert the materials into honing ingredients?

I haven't been using the Auction Hall because it seems like it costs Pheons to use and those seem very expensive. Do you expend a Pheon on both purchase and sale?

Not the sale

Sell as much as you can.

Also start thinking about Pheons as gold since they are just a gold sink.

If you see an item listed for 1g but it costs a Pheon to buy the item is actually 11g (assuming 1 Pheon costs 10g).

I really think the Pheon system is a pretty smart way to remove gold from the economy.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Feb 27, 2022

Pragmatica
Apr 1, 2003
lookin cute, feelin cute

let's see some cute outfits, friends! :3:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Pragmatica posted:

lookin cute, feelin cute

let's see some cute outfits, friends! :3:

Yes! I need to get in on the cute outfits next time I am playing. Probably later today. I hope the cash shop updates soon with new cosmetics.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
The 302 chaos dungeon outfit for Soulfist is pretty cute

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk
Did someone say cute? I think he's cute.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

not sure if my dude qualifies as cute but his turt definitely does

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

I just got my turtle today and I'm so god damned happy

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I really, really like the look of a lot of the leveling gear and I think it's a little absurd you'll never get to wear those skins at endgame

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

jokes posted:

I really, really like the look of a lot of the leveling gear and I think it's a little absurd you'll never get to wear those skins at endgame

Yeah the game desperately needs a transmog system. There's a lot of fun stuff but everyone always ends up looking the same (unless you buy a skin of course which may be the point)

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

explosivo posted:

Yeah the game desperately needs a transmog system. There's a lot of fun stuff but everyone always ends up looking the same (unless you buy a skin of course which may be the point)

Except there's only, like, one skin available for most classes.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

yeah I thought I was missing something but the cash shop is actually really poo poo for cosmetics now that you remind me of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

jokes posted:

Except there's only, like, one skin available for most classes.

There are a ton available in the non-NA versions they just haven't released them yet here