Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Tulip posted:

I don't even know that I'd call that a "breakdown" so much as "what the Nazis view as a good outcome" aka "the plan"

war predictions are stupid but politically i can only see the ukrainian right getting massively more powerful than before the war, barring some incredibly stupid outcomes. revanchism is very potent ammo for nazis

yeah I don't see how the far right doesn't come out of all of this stronger and more unified. hell they'll be able to make a pretty easy argument that Russians are to be feared and hated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

gradenko_2000 posted:

they don't think Ukraine is losing

like I'm in other groups where the reaction to this news was

even if russia is losing, they’re not the ones losing territory. why would they unconditionally surrender?

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Often Abbreviated posted:

I wouldn't expect anything to come of peace talks unless one side or the other is suffering far more than we've seen. They just have to go through the motions for PR reasons.

It’s the people with their army nowhere to be seen and capital surrounded. :ssh:

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Homeless Friend posted:

and cspammers opinions make more sense if you remember they are slacking off at work when they are posting, wishing they were watching a movie

:ironicat:

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

Frosted Flake posted:

It’s the people with their army nowhere to be seen and capital surrounded. :ssh:

why would you want to be seen and shot?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
if i was in a war i would try not to be shot myself

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Hot Karl Marx posted:

if i was in a war i would try not to be shot myself

Hence surrendering.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Mr SuperAwesome posted:

on one hand peace talks might start, on the other hand, russian nuclear forces are apparently on highest alert
supposedly the peace talks and nuke forces news were released simultaneously by Russia
I'd assume to put pressure to agree

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author
https://twitter.com/anadoluagency/status/1497949526350450689?t=z3RD7R2zhOSC61mBn0RzZA&s=19

I think this mean Turkey is closing the straits? Seems bad

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Frosted Flake posted:

Hence surrendering.

lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Paradoxish posted:

Nah. I feel like it's incredibly easy to predict how this is going to play out.

Zelensky will give up more than he would have lost had this whole stupid war never happened. Western media will crow about Ukraine's heroic defense. We'll pretend that all the lives lost were worthwhile as Ukraine gets carved up and Putin achieves every single strategic goal.

More or less, right wing media will accurately call this an example of Biden's weakness but because they're right wing fascists their main solution will be "WE SHOULD HAVE LET BLOOD FLOW IN THE STREETS OF MOSCOW IN REPRESIAL" instead of 'maybe this is proof NATO is a fundamentally useless organization only made to antagonize Russia'.

Ukraine loses, but they'll get some cool movies and memes made about based babushkas for their trouble, and NATO will get a poo poo load more money to jerk off into.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Toupee Groupie posted:

Why isn't the real story of how Khrushchev and his liberal ideas lead straight through to this conflict, including causing the breakup of the USSR by forgoing strong economic planning? I mean, really, if Stalin was still alive, this wouldn't have happened.

Wow Mr. Putin, I didn't know you had an account here.

Good luck in your conquests sir.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
Flake, is it possible that the Ukranian army is specifically not broadcasting information since it could be used to track their movements / positioning? Its not like the Russians are advertising what their columns are up to either.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KevinRothrock/status/1497950115146907649?s=20&t=XGtJPn88phj591U7OmFlZw

:thunk:

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Who has that US-Georgian movie made about the 2008 war? Someone posy the trailer, it was great.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

its possible there isnt reliable information coming from any side and anyone pretending to know what's going on is probably just typing a bunch of words to seem smart

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Apparently the Russian Ministry of Defence is stating that another far right Nazi group has entered Mariupol:

https://twitter.com/izvestia_ru/status/1497947240559792132

Not sure how talks can be resolved around this town both sides desperately want it.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

spacemang_spliff posted:

yeah I don't see how the far right doesn't come out of all of this stronger and more unified. hell they'll be able to make a pretty easy argument that Russians are to be feared and hated.

oh yea and this, Zelenski's out next election for 'caving' to Russia and some absolute Azov loving neo-nazi freak is gonna get his seat

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

my bony fealty posted:

did anyone say Kadyrov himself was killed? thought it was just one of his Generals and Twitter person is confused

wait, Kadyrov isn't taking part in this personally, is he? or is the literal president of Chechnya actually commanding an invasion force on hostile territory?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Death By The Blues posted:

Apparently the Russian Ministry of Defence is stating that another far right Nazi group has entered Mariupol:

https://twitter.com/izvestia_ru/status/1497947240559792132

Not sure how talks can be resolved around this town both sides desperately want it.

I would suspect that at minimum, Russia would demand a ground link between the separatist regions and Crimea. Mariupol would be an essential piece of that, so pushing harder on it in an attempt to isolate or capture it before the peace talks would be a significant chip in Russia's favor.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Malloc Voidstar posted:

supposedly the peace talks and nuke forces news were released simultaneously by Russia
I'd assume to put pressure to agree

Not sure what the nuke forces news is supposed to signify unless they're trying to do the madman theory and threatening to Samson Option everyone.

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Frosted Flake posted:

The Ukrainians could have:

A) Prevented war entirely

or

B) Surrendered any time after it was clear the war was lost, so the first day

It’s amazing how bad your posts are.

People in Ukraine are probably going to lose the war, they’re still fighting because sometimes you have to stand up to things even if it costs you more.

You probably don’t understand, but there’s this thing called “self-respect” that makes it really hard to look at yourself in the mirror when you just let people just take your poo poo.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Horseshoe theory posted:

Not sure what the nuke forces news is supposed to signify unless they're trying to do the madman theory and threatening to Samson Option everyone.

thats what its supposed to signify

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

what was this

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Comrade Koba posted:

wait, Kadyrov isn't taking part in this personally, is he? or is the literal president of Chechnya actually commanding an invasion force on hostile territory?

I very highly doubt it which is why I think Twitter person is very confused

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

kronix posted:

People in Ukraine are probably going to lose the war, they’re still fighting because sometimes you have to stand up to things even if it costs you more.

You probably don’t understand, but there’s this thing called “self-respect” that makes it really hard to look at yourself in the mirror when you just let people just take your poo poo.

oh hell yeah we got us another one

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

kronix posted:

lol typical shitlib stance

"Well you see we shall fight for Ukrainian freedumbs to the last Ukrainian."

*leans back in comfy gamers chair to do the 10min of computer touching for their job

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

kronix posted:

Your self-respect is worth exactly nothing when you're dead.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

kronix posted:

you can always volunteer tough guy

what is it with all these lunatics encouraging people to get themselves killed

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

kronix posted:

I love when the most gaping pussies on earth get all lovely about the inherent honor in getting owned for nothing

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

sexpig by night posted:

oh yea and this, Zelenski's out next election for 'caving' to Russia and some absolute Azov loving neo-nazi freak is gonna get his seat

if Zelensky doesn't get assassinated I'd say that he got loving lucky, my advice to him would be to negotiate the best peace he can, grab the biggest bag of money he can find, fly to america, and never look back

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

Tiler Kiwi posted:

Flake, is it possible that the Ukranian army is specifically not broadcasting information since it could be used to track their movements / positioning? Its not like the Russians are advertising what their columns are up to either.

The professionals, for sure. They seem to have learned since 2014. Or they’re being jammed, EW activity to the east is probably bananas.

I meant more that “Death Ride to relieve the capital” is what the 1st Tank Brigade was for, so whatever is happening to the east, which is Regular vs Regular from what I can piece together, probably does have serious armoured and mechanized clashes, albeit not Kursk or anything, but it’s also tied down their best units.

The Mountain Brigade, Tank Brigades and UKR VDV Brigade are probably giving good account of themselves, are staying off tiktok, but aren’t able to move west, and they needed to in order to have an impact on the overall direction of the war. The Ukrainians needed those 200 T-64s and BMPs in front of the spearheads.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

VomitOnLino posted:

*leans back in comfy gamers chair to do the 10min of computer touching for their job

isn't that what this entire thread is doing

also lol working on sunday (i dont touch computers though)

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Death By The Blues posted:

Apparently the Chechnyan warlord is still alive and on his way to the Nazis

https://twitter.com/carolecadwalla/status/1497898858038411267

why are these dudes just in fancy technicals and not, like, BMPs

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
local computer toucher wants you to learn a little something about HONOR AND SELF RESPECT, MAYBE LOOK THAT UP SOMETIME

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011

1stGear posted:

I would suspect that at minimum, Russia would demand a ground link between the separatist regions and Crimea. Mariupol would be an essential piece of that, so pushing harder on it in an attempt to isolate or capture it before the peace talks would be a significant chip in Russia's favor.

Ukraine would not give it up seems like as people here said, if they did it would cut them from large swathes of the black sea and a massive port. Also, the cultural/historical significance, the nazis will definitely come into power then. I have a feeling if peace talks stall the battle here is gonna be brutal, they are sending the hardliners and true believers there.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

kronix posted:

i dunno man there are a lotta refugees

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

kronix posted:

This your Twitter?

https://mobile.twitter.com/EvafromG/status/1497595102864179204

Joking just had to post this cringe I saw. Almost as bad as your cringe.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

kronix posted:

This thread is like catnip to chicken hawks.... :eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

i say swears online posted:

so are any western outlets reporting that ukrainian militias are murdering each other and labeling the dead as russians

lol and lmao