Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

sexpig by night posted:

I love when the most gaping pussies on earth get all lovely about the inherent honor in getting owned for nothing

well I mean if the USA invaded canada I wouldn't just surrender :shrug: its not a crazy concept to imagine people having

its part of human history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

there's some reliable information

we know roughly where the front line is, and we know, more or less, where airstrikes are happening. we know that the russians are advancing, that there's fighting in kyiv but seemingly no determined assault as of yet, that kyiv is being surrounded. the russians have done a bunch of operations, not all of which have succeeded, and suffered real casualties, but the ukrainians are doing desperate stuff like handing out small arms to civilians and hosting molotov cocktail workshops while the russians have been fairly quiet. the russians are dominant in the air but not completely so, and ukrainian air assets do seem to be active and doing things. the civilian leadership is doing photo shoots in a city under siege, meaning that they're probably pretty much cut off from much of the country. reports of atrocities have been surprisingly rare.

altogether this does not paint a very optimistic picture for the ukrainians. the only bright spot is that the russian air force is not acting with total impunity, but they don't really seem to have a unified and organised command element with a feasible plan for winning the war

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hot Karl Marx posted:

isn't that what this entire thread is doing

also lol working on sunday (i dont touch computers though)

most of us don't hold any illusions about the inherent dignity and honor in getting gunned down by another Ukrainian guy who thought you said something in Russian because your government passed out guns and bombs rather than food and heaters when a siege began.

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

kronix posted:

It’s amazing how bad your posts are.

People in Ukraine are probably going to lose the war, they’re still fighting because sometimes you have to stand up to things even if it costs you more.

You probably don’t understand, but there’s this thing called “self-respect” that makes it really hard to look at yourself in the mirror when you just let people just take your poo poo.

How many Tank Brigades does self respect have?

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives

Comrade Koba posted:

wait, Kadyrov isn't taking part in this personally, is he? or is the literal president of Chechnya actually commanding an invasion force on hostile territory?

No, Kadyrov is not in Ukraine for fucks sake. This is just people mixing bearded guys up.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Hot Karl Marx posted:

well I mean if the USA invaded canada I wouldn't just surrender :shrug: its not a crazy concept to imagine people having

oh yeah what would you do

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Horizon Burning posted:

remember that convoy of fifty six tanks that got destroyed by the ukranians?

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/02/26/7326282/

Ukrainian troops defending Chernihiv region blew up 56 tanks of diesel fuel that were being transported by a Russian military convoy.

well that helps explain the fuel issues lol

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Hot Karl Marx posted:

Tricking their underlings into dying for the lines on their map is indeed an age old tradition of the ruling class

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I wouldnt personally pick up a ak47 to defend my country from a much stronger invading army but I probably would have 15 years ago so I sympathize with anyone doing it

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Hot Karl Marx posted:

No everyone should just surrender because I’ve gamed out the whole situation and bad things might happen otherwise.

It’s not being a chickenhawk to explain why people getting reamed by the Russian military aren’t just laying down and letting it happen.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

kronix posted:

People in Ukraine are probably going to lose the war, they’re still fighting because sometimes you have to stand up to things even if it costs you more.

You probably don’t understand, but there’s this thing called “self-respect” that makes it really hard to look at yourself in the mirror when you just let people just take your poo poo.

The army, maybe. Volksstrum tactics pretty much never work, as they'll implode under even a moderately disciplined foe every single time, and we're already seeing Ukrainians apparently lynching each other because the war panic about Russian saboteurs is spreading like wildfire. poo poo's gone south. I understand holding on, but it's up to Zelensky and the Ukrainian people to decide what they're willing to lose.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The barbaric Russians, tainted by Varangian blood, jealous of their Slavic betters

The Wasbappin blood quantum

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I mean, what does 'just surrender' mean? Like, yea I wouldn't just loving dome myself as soon as a tank rolled down my street but no if someone invaded America I probably wouldn't wax on about the nobility and dignity there is in running out to throw myself in front of the treads so the outside journalists can film my corpse and go "LOOK HOW BAD YOU LOOK RIGHT NOW" at the invaders.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

sexpig by night posted:

most of us don't hold any illusions about the inherent dignity and honor in getting gunned down by another Ukrainian guy who thought you said something in Russian because your government passed out guns and bombs rather than food and heaters when a siege began.

I just mean it's not a crazy concept that people in a defensive war don't want to surrender

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I would. I already have.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Death By The Blues posted:

Apparently the Russian Ministry of Defence is stating that another far right Nazi group has entered Mariupol:

https://twitter.com/izvestia_ru/status/1497947240559792132

Not sure how talks can be resolved around this town both sides desperately want it.

Zelensky would have to "sell them out", because I doubt they would respond to any peace declaration.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

I mean, what does 'just surrender' mean? Like, yea I wouldn't just loving dome myself as soon as a tank rolled down my street but no if someone invaded America I probably wouldn't wax on about the nobility and dignity there is in running out to throw myself in front of the treads so the outside journalists can film my corpse and go "LOOK HOW BAD YOU LOOK RIGHT NOW" at the invaders.

No but you start insurgencys and don't stop fighting basically, you don't just run out in a hail of bullets

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

love to die for an entirely made-up concept such as "nation states"
my brain is also very big

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Hot Karl Marx posted:

I just mean it's not a crazy concept that people in a defensive war don't want to surrender

I don't think it's 'crazy', I think it's incredibly tragic.

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

oh no! they've taken french off the back of cereal boxes and I gotta wait in line at the msf clinic. my national identity!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I'm not saying the people dying are somehow idiots, I'm saying it's incredibly sad how their deaths are being treated by the softest of bitches in the media and ruling class to try to keep the deaths coming.

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

lol here they go again with the insurgency, its not that we don't understand why someone would fight, fine if people believe its worth dying to yell harsh language at a russian or throw molotovs ok. but im not going to encourage poo poo that will get random people killed for no reason whatsoever.

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

VomitOnLino posted:

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Like I've seen some people float that Ukraine would melt into an insurgency, but an insurgency to what? The Russians are almost certainly not looking to annex Ukraine as a whole and are just going to leave, so who does that leave? Unless Russia leaves troops behind to make sure Ukraine abides by whatever treaty they force, which I guess could happen.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/ABCPolitics/status/1497955533009170433?s=20&t=XGtJPn88phj591U7OmFlZw

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Flavahbeast posted:

I wouldnt personally pick up a ak47 to defend my country from a much stronger invading army but I probably would have 15 years ago so I sympathize with anyone doing it

The problem is with the people handing out AK47s, not with the people taking them.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

sexpig by night posted:

I'm not saying the people dying are somehow idiots, I'm saying it's incredibly sad how their deaths are being treated by the softest of bitches in the media and ruling class to try to keep the deaths coming.

ukrainian deaths are being used by everyone in some sort of loving game and it is disgusting

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
https://twitter.com/christogrozev/status/1497941632209108992

claims that a/the chechnyan column got blown up. i didnt see anything nws but its hard to make out what some of the burned poo poo is.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Paradoxish posted:

The problem is with the people handing out AK47s, not with the people taking them.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

VomitOnLino posted:

Literally tens of millions of people have died for just that purpose in history. It's not exactly unprecedented.

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

I will die to defend Burger Town and nothing else

kronix
Jul 1, 2004

Paradoxish posted:

Or maybe the problem began when Russia invaded?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

kronix posted:

Ever tried standing up to a thermobaric rocket, or is the hardest thing you ever stood up to your mom?

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Paradoxish posted:

Technically it's both, since the recipients are apparently using them to settle scores (like the Iraq/Afghanistan bounties by the US government).

VomitOnLino
Jun 13, 2005

Sometimes I get lost.

ikanreed posted:

Literally tens of millions of people have died for just that purpose in history. It's not exactly unprecedented.

In the words of Bartleby, "I would prefer not to"

vuk83
Oct 9, 2012

Frosted Flake posted:

Sign Minsk II

So their entire field army wasn’t destroyed or paralyzed, and their capital wasn’t surrounded.

They signed Minsk II Russia broke it?
There entire field army isn't destroyed or paralysed, their capital isn't surrounded?

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

all my money is now green and it's crippled my ability to do basic math! better go fight an abrams with a knock-off m14 made by norinco. glory to the beaver!!!

oh poo poo, I am dead.

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
The apparent diss track response from the nazis is bacon wrapped bullets:

https://twitter.com/m_suchkov/status/1497921514062204931

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

i have bad news for American media, zelenskys gonna sue for peace and give putin most if not everything he asks for. let’s see how much they’ll hate zelensky for this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

Al-Saqr posted:

i have bad news for American media, zelenskys gonna sue for peace and give putin most if not everything he asks for. let’s see how much they’ll hate zelensky for this lol

I honestly don't know how people will react. On one hand he could absolutely get the blame but on the other he's been hyped up so much that I could totally see him becoming the brave victim of the ivan horde who had no choice