Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Trollologist posted:

I don't want to get too off-topic but once I got Probated in an RLM thread, for quoting RLM.

If you post something like that you need to make sure it's very clear you're quoting Mike Stoklasa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Finally caught up with the most recent episode of Raised By Wolves, I appreciate its commitment to ratcheting up the crazy every episode. It’s pretty great!

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Dane Cook is still alive?

Huh, good for him.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
Ignoring the world and rewatching RLM stuff. The re:view for star trek the motion picture is good.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

ZeusCannon posted:

Ignoring the world and rewatching RLM stuff. The re:view for star trek the motion picture is good.

wise

DebonaireD
May 7, 2007

priznat posted:

Finally caught up with the most recent episode of Raised By Wolves, I appreciate its commitment to ratcheting up the crazy every episode. It’s pretty great!

Every week I feel giddy when a new episode's about to drop.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

DebonaireD posted:

Every week I feel giddy when a new episode's about to drop.

Did you watch the last ep? I admire a show that cleans house as quickly and efficiently. RIP all you poor mithraic bastards, and I guess all the atheists just hosed off somewhere else?? Also hell yeah Sue with that acid ocean beastie. drat I love that show.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

lol it's a dumbed down version of line dancing or the electric slide

Thanks disney for letting me pay $5,000 to learn the dance every since person in America already knows

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

priznat posted:

I love how the show has fully leaned into it's weirdness this season. there's nothing else like it.

Father is also very cool and good

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

PostNouveau posted:

lol it's a dumbed down version of line dancing or the electric slide

Thanks disney for letting me pay $5,000 to learn the dance every since person in America already knows

you put your right foot in, you take your left foot out
you do the bil'baona shal'labon and you shake it all about

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

ZeusCannon posted:

That's my favourite Jim appearance, great ep

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

I love how the show has fully leaned into it's weirdness this season. there's nothing else like it.

Hell yeah Father rules. Also Travis Fimmel plays crazy/sexy pretty amazingly, lol.

It was wild that the show angled that there was going to be a big element of the atheist AI probably running poo poo and causing issues and welp Mother gets her eyes back and takes it the gently caress out, nbd.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
NEW CONTENT!

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgNKJhT74jU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

My sister's just been telling me about Death on the Nile. Apparently it opens with a Solo-style origin story for Poirot's famous moustaches, where Poirot gets a grotesque facial wound in WWI and grew them to hide the scar, even though there's no visible scarring in any other scene and scar tissue wouldn't grow hair. Sounds like complete dogshit lmao

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Are you loving serious

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Hercule Poirot: war hero lmfao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dabir posted:

My sister's just been telling me about Death on the Nile. Apparently it opens with a Solo-style origin story for Poirot's famous moustaches, where Poirot gets a grotesque facial wound in WWI and grew them to hide the scar, even though there's no visible scarring in any other scene and scar tissue wouldn't grow hair. Sounds like complete dogshit lmao

yeah the scarring stuff is weird. film isn't terrible, better than the last one anyway.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Hercule Poirot: war hero lmfao

At this point they might as well just make him the Belgian Punisher and have him doing action scenes and gunfights and poo poo

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
the moustaches having a backstory instead of being a funny character foible is just so :discourse: even before you get to the actual backstory god drat

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Comfy Fleece Sweater posted:

Netflix sent me one of those sporadic emails for a movie I might like :

gently caress you, Netflix :colbert:

..is that pete davidson?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

1000 Sweaty Rikers posted:

He's my fave. I haven't gotten far and likely won't but I thought the cast was great

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

This blindfold pick option is interesting, since it leaves them room to decide the order in which they view the movies after they're picked. (Also, it looked like Jay was the only person who had a beer the whole time. This was extremely sober by BotW standards.)

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

If there's no beer, stay well clear.
If liquor there be, watch with glee.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That Severance show on appletv+ is really good. Has a weird retro sci fi feel to it I like (shades of maniac and the prisoner) and it looks fantastic. Great cast too.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Mike's liver is about the size of a peanut I dont think his body could survive another Halloween BOTW

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I think Poirot canonically was involved in the war but maybe just as a police officer? I barely remember.

You dont need to explain the mustache. Hes a narcissist perfectionist. He just likes it!

Am i having a fever dream or was there another poirot where john malkovich played him and he was a survivor of a massacre and used to be a priest?

Also new content!

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

ZeusCannon posted:

Am i having a fever dream or was there another poirot where john malkovich played him and he was a survivor of a massacre and used to be a priest?

He was in a BBC miniseries playing Poirot in The ABC Murders.

true.spoon
Jun 7, 2012
Pretty good episode.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

ZeusCannon posted:

I think Poirot canonically was involved in the war but maybe just as a police officer? I barely remember.

You dont need to explain the mustache. Hes a narcissist perfectionist. He just likes it!

Also new content!

I think it was revealed in the book where Agatha Christie finally killed off Poirot because she was sick of writing him that Poirot's mustaches were fakes or something like that, I think he also dyed his hair too. IIRC, Christie really grew to loathe the character of Poirot and decided to kill him off, and I'm pretty sure she threw the fake mustaches/hair dye in to show just how vain he was about his appearance.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If you really want to kill audience demand for your beloved character that you're tired of writing, why not just reveal him to be a pedophile in the last novel?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Well you can't make them monsters, bills still need to paid, but you can irritate the fans a little

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

General Dog posted:

If you really want to kill audience demand for your beloved character that you're tired of writing, why not just reveal him to be a pedophile in the last novel?

She only disliked the character, she didn't want to turn him into a 1970s British TV presenter

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Poirot's final story was written in the 40s but only published after Christie's death in the 70s, if I remember right, so she obviously got over her distaste for the character.

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

She only disliked the character, she didn't want to turn him into a 1970s British TV presenter

:drat:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
They're actually sitting through the entire movie again and subsequently this episode was pretty miserable for them but it felt so much back to the old school best of the worsts.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

He was in a BBC miniseries playing Poirot in The ABC Murders.

That was it. I didn't hate his take on him to be honest.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I’m sad both of these two people became insane Scientology psychopaths because I’m watching “Look Whose Talking?” and this movie is extremely funny and charming and so insanely weird and Kirstie Alley and John Travolta are just so hot and funny and great. I was not ready for footage of a real baby being born to be on TNT at 11 in the morning.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Didn’t Kirstie Alley become some kevin sorbo level shithead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Bust Rodd posted:

I’m sad both of these two people became insane Scientology psychopaths because I’m watching “Look Whose Talking?” and this movie is extremely funny and charming and so insanely weird and Kirstie Alley and John Travolta are just so hot and funny and great. I was not ready for footage of a real baby being born to be on TNT at 11 in the morning.

Whose Talking is it Anyway?