Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

You might have been able to set up an Azov/Right Sector terrorist organization at minimum but those dudes are all trapped and I'd be surprised if we ever hear from them again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
i dont really think anyone in ukraine is a big dummy for doing what they believe is worth dying over but i think the unpalatability of saying 'the bad guys won and your death wont change that, plan for the future instead' shouldnt stop one from saying it, if it is true

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
its generally the sort of same reason i advise people not to blow up police stations even if it puts me firmly in the "giant pussy / lapdog to the forces of evil" camp

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Real Mean Queen posted:

I’ve come to realize that being a good liberal requires actively replacing information with optimism, and then calling into question the motives, morality, and mental stability of anybody who isn’t willing to do the same. With this, with covid, with climatology, with economics, the liberal position always ends up running out of poo poo in its own defense and falling back on the idea that talking about bad news helps the bad guys, and that we should only talk about good news because that helps the good guys. There’s no room for a bad thing happening, bad news needs to either be fake news or Actually Good. It is an insane way to live.

TBH that's a natural reaction to knowing you live in a world you have absolutely no control over that is very visibly getting worse even if that knowledge is largely subconscious

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Radirot posted:

they should lay down arms and accept their conquerors

throwing myself into a wood chipper because its Epic ftw

RUSSIAN GRAIN THRESHER
GO gently caress YOURSELF

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1497966050314539020?s=20&t=vpfsLVYEoPVUbrqdZQMwtg

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

i wonder if this means peace is on the table. and now he’s thanking the officer corps.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Liberalishly: those lazy Ukranian civilians need to engage some Russian main battle tanks, I just can't get off to pics of Tiananmen Square anymore and need new material

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

gradenko_2000 posted:

Putting NATO membership on the table would have saved lives, not cost them

well I mean russia the one shooting ukranians. why is it okay for russia to kill ukranians to get a sick own on NATO?

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Honest Thief posted:

https://twitter.com/alexrbchn/status/1497738234562031624

someone got a bit too inspired by the three fingers scene on basterds

Eurasia: Our soldiers are creating memes!

Backcountry
Jan 16, 2009
Russia's economy is being flushed down the toilet first thing in the morning and will stay there for at least a decade

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

OK baizuo posted:

Liberalishly: those lazy Ukranian civilians need to engage some Russian main battle tanks, I just can't get off to pics of Tiananmen Square anymore and need new material

sorry, all russian tanks have been destroyed by water balloons filled with paint

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
https://mobile.twitter.com/ShantMM/status/1497439485386117120

:lol:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

kronix posted:

It’s amazing how bad your posts are.

People in Ukraine are probably going to lose the war, they’re still fighting because sometimes you have to stand up to things even if it costs you more.

You probably don’t understand, but there’s this thing called “self-respect” that makes it really hard to look at yourself in the mirror when you just let people just take your poo poo.

can’t look in a mirror if you’re dead dumbass

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

Nothus posted:

TBH that's a natural reaction to knowing you live in a world you have absolutely no control over that is very visibly getting worse even if that knowledge is largely subconscious

Liberals are hegemonic. They have all the control they could hope for. The problem is that they set themselves up for their own fall by predicating their worldview on the notion that freedom is an inherent good, and people have the right to be free. Well what if "free people" tell you to go gently caress yourself because you say they have to take a vaccine? It's not like you can actually make them.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
bending the rules to file another kill for General Mud

https://twitter.com/NotWoofers/status/1497951625897394176

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Backcountry posted:

Russia's economy is being flushed down the toilet first thing in the morning and will stay there for at least a decade

lol

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

can’t look in a mirror if you’re dead dumbass

You can if you're a vampire (technically, undead, but close enough)! Won't see anything looking back, though! *taps head*

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

Backcountry posted:

i hate to break it to you but as soon as putin wraps this up the west is gonna go back to selling diamonds and Ferraris to the oligarchs in no time, putin won dude it sucks but it’s true.

also a few years of sanctions is nothing compared to the decades worth of strategic victory he secured.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Hot Karl Marx posted:

well I mean russia the one shooting ukranians. why is it okay for russia to kill ukranians to get a sick own on NATO?

Its not. But its also an understandable reaction to the risk of an explicitly anti-Russia military alliance being on Russia's border. Ukraine had the choice of existing in Russia's sphere of influence or gambling on getting into NATO. They chose NATO. This is the consequence.

Thorn Wishes Talon
Oct 18, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Tiler Kiwi posted:

bending the rules to file another kill for General Mud

https://twitter.com/NotWoofers/status/1497951625897394176

i dont understand how they are so bad at this

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Backcountry posted:

You mean with how their energy exports are still unaffected and the banks that handle these transactions still in SWIFT? Or when India/Turkey continue to buy their weapons but pay them in euros?

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

destroying russias economy isnt just going to hurt them thats what our neat globalization is for its going to hurt any countries that rely on russia as well for fartgas/other resources

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Backcountry posted:

lol the sanctions are going away the exact nanosecond the countries doing the sanctioning think they can get away with it without too much of a pr hit, maybe as soon as the fighting is formally over

its capitalism, babey!! can't leave those russian petrodollars on the table

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
imo, layman perspective here, total idiot speaking, clear the way: people generally undervalue the military value of being willing to eat an incredible amount of poo poo as an alternative to destruction

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Lmfao

axelord
Dec 28, 2012

College Slice

Backcountry posted:

The biggest result of all this is Europe and the US will pay more for energy and China will pay less.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

KaptainKrunk posted:

You might have been able to set up an Azov/Right Sector terrorist organization at minimum but those dudes are all trapped and I'd be surprised if we ever hear from them again

I hope we never hear from them again.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

vuk83 posted:

They signed Minsk II Russia broke it?
There entire field army isn't destroyed or paralysed, their capital isn't surrounded?

they never implanted any of the civil laws granting autonomy as required by Minsk 2, and instead passed laws banning the russian language

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
Yeap, they are going for it

https://twitter.com/CarlaBabbVOA/status/1497966598442913792

https://twitter.com/JackDetsch/status/1497965228868481033

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

axelord posted:

The biggest result of all this is Europe and the US will pay more for energy and China will pay less.

Oh well. Russians had years to remove Putin.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Thorn Wishes Talon posted:

i dont understand how they are so bad at this

from my in depth understanding of military history its generally all very stupid with occasional strokes of coherency which someone rapidly writes down and it becomes doctrine, which creates a new paradigm for loving up within

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

night night Azov

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Judakel posted:

I hope we never hear from them again.

yeah me too but honestly I think the game plan is to let them run rampant over the entirety of western Ukraine/remaining Ukraine for the next few decades

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

lol the sanctions are going away the exact nanosecond the countries doing the sanctioning think they can get away with it without too much of a pr hit, maybe as soon as the fighting is formally over

its capitalism, babey!! can't leave those russian petrodollars on the table

It's not just capitalism. The price spikes will start destabilizing western governments.

KaptainKrunk
Feb 6, 2006

Tiler Kiwi posted:

imo, layman perspective here, total idiot speaking, clear the way: people generally undervalue the military value of being willing to eat an incredible amount of poo poo as an alternative to destruction

the Ukrainians are eating poo poo, losing, and tens of thousands of their soldiers and their cities are going to be destroyed if they don't stop fighting. And it's not like the alternative is Nazi enslavement or extermination lol

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Comrade Koba posted:

can we make this the thread title somehow?

Christ. At least say Unity of Command or something

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
If the Russian tank drivers would just activate third-person camera, they'd probably drive into rivers less smh

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 21 days!)

1stGear posted:

Its not. But its also an understandable reaction to the risk of an explicitly anti-Russia military alliance being on Russia's border. Ukraine had the choice of existing in Russia's sphere of influence or gambling on getting into NATO. They chose NATO. This is the consequence.

Ukraine really did not have that choice, it was taken from them when western interests backed the Euromaidan. Poroshenko's government put it in the constitution that Ukraine has to seek membership with NATO, and we refused to give Zelensky any guarantees of security for defying that precedent by signing Minsk 2. However dumb Zelensky may be, the game was rigged from the start. We compelled Ukraine to seek union with the EU & NATO by force, and made Zelensky dance to our tune.

We could've taken the matter out of his hands by dropping Ukraine from candidacy, but we didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

axelord posted:

"I'm going to build the wall gas pipeline, and I'm going to make Mexico the dumb Europeans and 'Muricans pay for it!"