Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1497618928872398852

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Remember everyone, if you are having trouble with DK64, tweet Graham Linehan and he should be able to help. No matter what time it is.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

PowerBeard posted:

Remember everyone, if you are having trouble with DK64, tweet Graham Linehan and he should be able to help. No matter what time it is.

I truly love this plan.

Don't bring up Birdo, though.. Guy's got some poo poo bag opinions of all that.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

p. sure he got banned from twitter

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I would rather hit the pause button 3002 times than go anywhere near Graham Linehan.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Quantum of Phallus posted:

p. sure he got banned from twitter

As if that would stop the stupid twat.

https://twitter.com/country_jim/status/1496974448993386497?s=20

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I would rather hit Graham Linehan 3002 times

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

They announced a new Pokemon gen like an hour ago

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
I don't care about the new Pokemon game but I will fight and die for 'duck with a giant toupee'

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

John Wick of Dogs posted:

They announced a new Pokemon gen like an hour ago

Genuinely impressed they managed to get Arceus and a new gen out in the same calendar year
that is a tight turnaround

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I don't care about the new Pokemon game but I will fight and die for 'duck with a giant toupee'

I wonder if the hair becomes sentient like another being. Because the sheen also kind looks like a mouth.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Other ideas: They become a rock n roll duck

They become a sleazy salesperson duck

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

they become the US president duck

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The toupee duck is real. And he is my friend.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Detective No. 27 posted:

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Detective No. 27 posted:

Chiligator and Weedcat aren’t too bad either

Mega64
May 23, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoiwcdqMlCA

Shaymin in BDSP, free patch for Arceus, both today. Stuff on Cafe/GO/Unite/Battle Masters as well.

And of course Gen 9. Pokemon Scarlet/Violet.

Mega64 fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Feb 27, 2022

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Anyway I wonder if Gen 9 will follow the Arceus formula or just be another Sword/Shield.

This is the first time I'm tempted to go with the "first" version but I'll probably go Violet for tradition's sake. Either way definitely still going grass starter all the way, Grass Cat owns.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

Grass fox looks boring. I sleep 😴

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mega64 posted:

Anyway I wonder if Gen 9 will follow the Arceus formula or just be another Sword/Shield.

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/

quote:

Various towns blend seamlessly into the wilderness with no borders. You’ll be able to see the Pokémon of this region in the skies, in the seas, in the forests, on the streets—all over! You’ll be able to experience the true joy of the Pokémon series—battling against wild Pokémon in order to catch them—now in an open-world game that players of any age can enjoy.​

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Mega64 posted:

This is the first time I'm tempted to go with the "first" version but I'll probably go Violet for tradition's sake. Either way definitely still going grass starter all the way, Grass Cat owns.

Definitely looks like they're using the Arceus engine but I do wonder if they'll still let us just huck balls at pokemon or if it's going back to the previous style

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
So until/unless any delays happen, we are leaving getting BoTW2 and Pokémon Gen 9 this year. Wow. What else is planned for the back half of this year? This is could be the best Switch year, maybe ever.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Genuinely impressed they managed to get Arceus and a new gen out in the same calendar year
that is a tight turnaround

It would be more impressive if they didn’t look like the games in the early access section on Steam

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

PowerBeard posted:

The secret to beaver bother is to "worry" them into the hole by moving in a way that causes the beavers to run serpentine toward the hole. Trying to get them to go in a straight line has a much higher failure rate, often resulting in them "catching" on the lip for no discernable reason. If you follow that tactic, and respect trans women, you'll get all the Golden bananas in no time.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://scarletviolet.pokemon.com/en-us/

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Spacebump posted:

So until/unless any delays happen, we are leaving getting BoTW2 and Pokémon Gen 9 this year. Wow. What else is planned for the back half of this year? This is could be the best Switch year, maybe ever.

Not to mention the first ever mainline 3D Kirby platformer next month. Yeah, seems like this is shaping up to be a pretty good year for Nintendo

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

It would be more impressive if they didn’t look like the games in the early access section on Steam

For gamefreak that's basically exponential growth saying their assets could pass as current gen and not up-res'd PS2 ports

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Finally, the big open world console Pokémon I’ve always dreamed of no really this time it will be, for sure

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

man nurse posted:

Finally, the big open world console Pokémon I’ve always dreamed of no really this time it will be, for sure

if it's just Arceus with trainers and gyms that'll be plenty fine by me

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Mega64 posted:

Looking at it, it looks like the latter, though I can't place the geography. Looks Mediterranean so maybe Italy, or something? They did France already right?

First time ALL the starters look pretty interesting in a long time for me. I like cats and grass cat feels novel, I love the Fire Croc (Totodile was my friend...), but I've always been a Water-starter sort of guy and the Duck doesn't look half bad.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

if it's just Arceus with trainers and gyms that'll be plenty fine by me

The fact that the open world looks so similar and it's apparently far enough along that it'll release this year makes me feel like Arceus' lack of trainers, towns, any kind of interesting landmarks in its open world, is because it was just slapped together with the assets they were already making for this. Makes me kind of bitter I bought it but hey I got a good 50 hours or so before the shine wore off.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
X and Y was set in pokéfrance.

I'm not a super architecture nerd, but someone has already screenshotted the edges of a map visible in the trailer, and the grass cat's english name is Sprigatido and the pepper dinosaur is Fuecoco.

It's gonna be set in Pokéspain.

E: they also just released a free update to Pokémon Legends that adds a couple new quests and some post-game content. We're probably not getting a big DLC, but they haven't quite abandoned that game yet!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

The fact that the open world looks so similar and it's apparently far enough along that it'll release this year makes me feel like Arceus' lack of trainers, towns, any kind of interesting landmarks in its open world, is because it was just slapped together with the assets they were already making for this. Makes me kind of bitter I bought it but hey I got a good 50 hours or so before the shine wore off.

Yeah it was definitely half of a game. A fun half of a game but hopefully they iterate on it.
Maybe it was a way to test the waters on the new systems before committing the new gen to them.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Yeah it was definitely half of a game. A fun half of a game but hopefully they iterate on it.
Maybe it was a way to test the waters on the new systems before committing the new gen to them.

The battle system in Legends was trash outside of the speed of battles. I'd hope they don't implement it in one of the main titles. I would like them to make battles faster and take out a lot of the useless text like they did in Legends though.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I hope they have a bunch of new pokemon instead of only a few and a bunch of old repeats.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

PowerBeard posted:

I hope they have a bunch of new pokemon instead of only a few and a bunch of old repeats.

A roster of all new Pokemon without the old ones being in the game at all

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

Len posted:

They did that once and people complained so much that they'll never do it again

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Len posted:

Judging by the trailer it’s already too late for that idea

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Procrastine posted:

Isn't it also a lot of people's favorite generation though?
I feel like the designs both for the creatures and overall aesthetic were the highpoint for the 2d series, and maybe the series overall

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Procrastine posted:

Yeah and those people are idiots. Black/White was the best gen and only new Pokemon being available until the post-game was but one of the reasons it's the best.