Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Calibanibal posted:

I mean maybe I'm revealing too much here but when I see a bunch of nice flowers on the side of the road my first instinct is to stomp all over them

well, let's unpack this, what is your first instinct when you see a bunch of spiders on the side of the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Azathoth posted:

We've heard that there's other stuff happening in Eurasia and this thread has historically been a good place to discuss that, but it's not really feasible with it being the de-facto war updates thread. We've had a few requests to shunt discussion of the war over to a dedicated thread so that this thread can not be overwhelmed by this one specific issue so we're going to ask that anyone interested in minute-to-minute updates on the war head over to this specific thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3994250

Obviously, this thread will touch on that topic a lot, especially as it relates to the relations between Ukraine and the rest of Eurasia, but if we could get folks who are posting twitter updates of things happening, debunking or bunking of the Ghost of Kyiv, updates on troop movements, etc. over to the dedicated thread, we would all appreciate it.

I'll be quoting this every page or two until things shift, so apologies in advance for the upcoming thread spam.

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

spacemang_spliff posted:

I see you got a "you're gay which is bad" redtext from some fine liberal lol

Homphobia? On SA?! :eyepop:

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
much like real life if its 4 mins till the end of my shift I round up and log off

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

well, let's unpack this, what is your first instinct when you see a bunch of spiders on the side of the road

Ask "Why the gently caress am I in Australia?!"

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

I see you got a "you're gay which is bad" redtext from some fine liberal lol

Yeah, pretty sure it's Vincent. He's still very, very mad that I probed him a few times.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

deleted, what did it say?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Calibanibal posted:

I mean maybe I'm revealing too much here but when I see a bunch of nice flowers on the side of the road my first instinct is to stomp all over them

You're in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you're not helping -- why is that?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

spacemang_spliff posted:

deleted, what did it say?

Reply to a video of Azov coating bullets in pig fat, saying "Come on guys, do better, we can't stoop to our enemies' level!"

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Hubbert posted:

You're in the desert, you see a tortoise lying on its back, struggling, and you're not helping -- why is that?

That turtle hosed your mom and killed your dad

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

BRAKE FOR MOOSE posted:

Good point. Maybe the symbol of Ukraine should be a dog doodoo

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

gradenko_2000 posted:

Between this and German rearmament today has been extremely funny

a nuclear armed Japan and a growing German military what possibly could go wrong

The Demilich
Apr 9, 2020

The First Rites of Men Were Mortuary, the First Altars Tombs.

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lmao an American with a gun is the most bloody psychopath to set foot on god’s green earth

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

1stGear posted:

As much as I genuinely enjoy warchat, can we can get a primer on this story? Some kind of massive human trafficking ring involving CPC officials?

Human trafficking to culturally disconnected rural areas primarily for "wives" has been a decades long issue in China, with kidnapping(mostly in cities) rates being estimated close to ten times the international average rate.

The idea that corrupt officials would be involved doesn't surprise me, but is a new twist

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Majorian posted:

Reply to a video of Azov coating bullets in pig fat, saying "Come on guys, do better, we can't stoop to our enemies' level!"

lmao

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

dunno if this has been discussed already but it seems like the Russians failed in Kharkiv but may have taken Kherson and have encircled Mariupol

https://twitter.com/cartagotv/status/1498000948362240001

e: oh I see the threads have split

Cup Runneth Over has issued a correction as of 19:35 on Feb 27, 2022

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
lmao the splitting killed both threads.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The China thread will recover.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Lostconfused posted:

Calibanibal
Aug 25, 2015

spacemang_spliff posted:

a nuclear armed Japan and a growing German military what possibly could go wrong

Yeah its gonna be pretty drat funny if Putin's denazification ends up rejuvenating the literal OG Nazis

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Judakel posted:

lmao the splitting killed both threads.

Good, it will help with CPAM's imminent shutdown.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lostconfused posted:

china thread will grow larger

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Dante80 posted:

Some of those insurgent heroes in action. Video says punishing curfew violator in Kiev. This is what happens when you give guns out like this.
Not safe for work - death shown on video.
https://twitter.com/antones_fubar/status/1497964607939526660

e: ik edit, please do not embed nws twitter videos

This sucks man

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Lostconfused posted:

this is all that i really care about honestly

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Absolute mad lads in Ukraine. https://twitter.com/nexta_tv/status/1497931328322514947?t=Dtqams5j7qzagr5NO0LYHg&s=19

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

Nothus posted:

Hell yeah, turning the dead hand back on.

real cool that the continued existence of the planet is reliant on old soviet computers not loving up

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Vernii posted:

real cool that the continued existence of the planet is reliant on old soviet computers not loving up

I hope I live close enough to NYC to get vaporized in the first wave.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Lmao, Dr Strangelove etc etc Dead Hand etc etc, death is certain

Boat Stuck has issued a correction as of 19:52 on Feb 27, 2022

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Nothus posted:

I hope I live close enough to NYC to get vaporized in the first wave.

*checks map*

"looks like you're in the bone cancer zone"

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Raskolnikov38 posted:

china thread will grow larger

no one will notice their posts are missing

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

THS2 posted:

no one will notice their posts are missing

thinking back I like how that game made weapons that have been widely by the US but are also unusually brutal, like depleted uranium and napalm, to China

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

the china thread has a demographics problem

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/WilliamYang120/status/1497968600858071042

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Blarghalt posted:

The Ukrainians are getting absolutely rinsed, I think the only variable that actually matters is how long Zelensky is willing to hold out. He's already got his own Volkssturm shooting each other in the streets, but he can't really back out now because it seems like social media has really given him a savior complex. Is he even considering surrender at this point?

Yeah, this is something that concerns me. Zelensky basically has most of the international media egging him on and cheering his resistance. It's like global peer pressure to go out in a blaze of glory.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
god damnit, of course there's a thread split

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Get they rear end

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Azathoth posted:

this is all that i really care about honestly

if this is your main concern why not make the other thread eastern europe slash western asia and this one eastern asia slash southern asia basically anything we can post about russia right now is war stuff one way or another so a geographical split might make more sense than a topic split at this point

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

This should be the tennis thread if you think about it.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If this poo poo is really happening to Russian motorized divisions in the field this is also pretty bad for them.

And speaks to a surprising lack of air superiority on their part. https://twitter.com/COUPSURE/status/1498000664789663745?t=6goM7Es7-Dp70PwDZXjbRA&s=19

Edit: oh poo poo didn't notice the thread split. sorry fellas.

Le Saboteur has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Feb 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red and Black
Sep 5, 2011

Thank god they moved war discussion out of this thread