Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So what did everyone else do for Preceptor Mirriam? I had to kill her with arrows. I wouldn't mind her gimmick so much if she wasn't super strong in melee too.

EDIT: By the way the incantation NPC in Roundtable hold left. Apparently they're in the area after Raya Lucaria but is there any other NPC I can give my incantation books to right now?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Feb 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

hello elden thread. how are you this fine day?

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'm fuckin loaded with smithing stone 5s and 4s but i cant upgrade my weapon until i find one more 3...

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I will never get tired of how cool it feels to jump off of full sprint Torrent into a 2H air R2 right on an enemy's loving head, poo poo straight outta PlatinumGames

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Mp4 links need to be posted as links to embed ;)

E: not working when i try to edit it though. Maybe the spoiler tags are breaking it? Idk

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003
What is the dope strength faith builds and weapons?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Now that I've seen a video of this game's equivalent of the Moonlight Greatsword I feel like I have to do an Int build at some point. It'd be great if some of the weaker sorceries got a buff at some point.

Weapon mechanic spoilers: The Dark Moon Greatsword seems pretty rad, though. It can self-buff to add magic damage and frost and it seems to last a good while. And while the weapon's buffed, R2s shoot projectiles, and those projectiles don't cost FP, only the initial buff does. It seems really cool.

Hopefully nobody considers "there's a Moonlight Greatsword in a From game" to be a spoiler but I tried to make sure the video didn't embed in case anyone didn't want the visuals spoiled.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

yo i found the rave cave

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

lite_sleepr posted:

What is the dope strength faith builds and weapons?

The Tree Sentinel at the start drops a halberd that has a high Strength requirement and also requires Faith. It seems pretty cool.

Also there's this greatsword, which has a ridiculously strong weapon art. Don't know where to get it but I've seen videos of it and it seems strong as gently caress: https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Blasphemous+Blade

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Mp4 links need to be posted as links to embed ;)

E: not working when i try to edit it though. Maybe the spoiler tags are breaking it? Idk

It’s just me finally getting my kill shot on Margit.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?
Just learned I can swing on the left side of my mount. I guess 19 hours in isn't too bad for basic poo poo. Finally wrecked Godrick too, gently caress that guy, took far too many attempts. Also accidentally found a nice greatsword that I'm nowhere near the strength to use, I'm amazed how much poo poo is tucked in the first zone if you go looking around.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Orv posted:

There are an absolute ton of spells compared to previous games, there are multiple vendor unlock items for all three spell types (pyro, glint, faith) and a ton of in-world found spells. Unfortunately it is somewhat loaded past the first couple zones.

Oh and dragon spells too.

All right, I guess I'll just have to look forward to eventually finding some good ones!

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

HampHamp posted:

Wondering if someone can help me out by letting me know if I'm wasting my time (Stormveil castle spoilers)

so there's a section you can get to via some platforming, beginning near the jar enemies. You eventually come to a platform looking off into the distance at some buildings and stuff on what seems to be an isolated island. There's a corpse sitting cross legged looking that way, and a developer message saying something like 'what you see is closer than you think'.

Now having played all these bloody games over the years, my brain immediately went to using a gesture to teleport over there. I've tried most of the ones I have, but no luck. Dozing cross legged seems to be the closest posture to the corpse, but no dice. As that one is also obtained here, I thought i was onto something.

Anyone know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here? The developer note could be referring to the path leading down the wall, but it's not like super hard to find or anything special, so I'm confused why this specific place needed the message.

In case no one has gotten to you already, You're in the ballpark. What you're looking for is definitely worth finding.

In short, try below

Danger
Jan 4, 2004

all desire - the thirst for oil, war, religious salvation - needs to be understood according to what he calls 'the demonogrammatical decoding of the Earth's body'
So found a side quest that seems pretty important to the story and is incredibly easy to miss, classic from soft.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Harrow posted:

The Tree Sentinel at the start drops a halberd that has a high Strength requirement and also requires Faith. It seems pretty cool.

Also there's this greatsword, which has a ridiculously strong weapon art. Don't know where to get it but I've seen videos of it and it seems strong as gently caress: https://eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Blasphemous+Blade

That's probably made from a boss soul

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I killed one npc becuase he was annoying me (guy at beginning) and it turns out eventually he’s the one that gives you a reusable invasion item. That’s...unfortunate. Part of me is tempted to restart but I probably won’t

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TeaJay posted:

I just wish there were ... more spells, I think? I've been all over but haven't found much sorceries. I'd love some more options to try out, but the pebble is just the best there is. Or another trainer besides the starting area one. Maybe I should start moving towards Liurnia instead of outskirts of Caelid.

Liurnia has about 60% of the sorceries in the game. Its weirdly loaded compared to how invocations are spread out everywhere.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Scruffpuff posted:

Just learned I can swing on the left side of my mount.

How you gonna drop this and not tell how? I've been only hitting on the right for 40 levels!

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

serpent-god curved sword hell yeah

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Any idea why my (landmark) Evergaols are turned off? No more glowing. I was just thinking I was ready for those fights.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Clanpot Shake posted:

How you gonna drop this and not tell how? I've been only hitting on the right for 40 levels!

L1 left
R1 right

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

weekly font posted:

Any idea why my (landmark) Evergaols are turned off? No more glowing. I was just thinking I was ready for those fights.

Are you sure they are all turned off? I've run into at least one that required using a swordstone key at an imp statue to turn on.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Just had a hilarious moment that would probably be a big gently caress-you to a lower-levelled unwary person.

There's a mob along the road to the south- just north of the wolf gaol - that has a sword compared to the rest of the regular weaklings. The mob itself is pretty weak, but spawns a big fuckoff bear right on top of you when it dies.

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Just a heads up that there are TWO bosses in Siofra River. You need to use a mirror somewhere in the middle of the map to get to his location. That's all I say other then he's a fantastic encounter.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Anyone got any advice for cheesing this Commander O'Neil fucker out in Caelid? Or at least what I'm suppose to do about all this scarlet rot?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Pro Margit strats right here:

https://twitter.com/ScruffTail/status/1497864597222612995

JoeGlassJAw
Apr 9, 2010

Does that colosseum looking place in north Limgrave ever open up? I beat the invader and have come back at different times of day, etc., but can't figure it out. NPC doesn't give much guidance either.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Big Bizness posted:

Just a heads up that there are TWO bosses in Siofra River. You need to use a mirror somewhere in the middle of the map to get to his location. That's all I say other then he's a fantastic encounter.

There's also a lift unlocked by swordstone keys (yeah, costs more than 1) that leads to a whole other thing. Great area.

a.p. dent
Oct 24, 2005
wow the bridge after godrick really blew me away. not super challenging but so exciting and huge

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Traxis posted:

Are you sure they are all turned off? I've run into at least one that required using a swordstone key at an imp statue to turn on.

One of them DID say something about an imp but at least 2 on different parts of the map are turned off. Was it nearby?

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
game is so fuckin sick lmao. one of the greatest ever made no doubt

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

JoeGlassJAw posted:

Does that colosseum looking place in north Limgrave ever open up? I beat the invader and have come back at different times of day, etc., but can't figure it out. NPC doesn't give much guidance either.

I hit every loving arch on that thing like a moron

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I loving love this game.

Godrick has to be my favorite thing so far in any video game ever. The entire fight and cut scenes... everything about it was perfect. Definitely my favorite dark souls fight so far and I am excited that I am just scratching the surface of this bizarre-rear end world

lite_sleepr
Jun 3, 2003

RatHat posted:

That's probably made from a boss soul

Yea, from Rykard.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

weekly font posted:

One of them DID say something about an imp but at least 2 on different parts of the map are turned off. Was it nearby?

The statue was near the edge of the circle. The one I'm talking about is on the Weeping Peninsula.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Caidin posted:

Anyone got any advice for cheesing this Commander O'Neil fucker out in Caelid? Or at least what I'm suppose to do about all this scarlet rot?

I haven’t gone back to him because he’s absolutely unenjoyable to me but if you stay on the land or on your horse you won’t get the environmental rot at least.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I’m like 20 hours in and I’m debating restarting to try a different build, that’s probably a dumb idea though. I am a little annoyed I killed the first NPC because apparently he’s the one that gives you invasion items, so I’m wondering if it’s worth it to restart for that long term

Orv
May 4, 2011

JoeGlassJAw posted:

If it does I imagine it’s after you win one consensual invasion with the duel sign.

But that colosseum model is all over the game and so far none of them have been openable to me.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

someone mentioned str/faith swords, the boss of the precipice area drops one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Traxis posted:

The statue was near the edge of the circle. The one I'm talking about is on the Weeping Peninsula.

Ok that's the one that said something about Imps but the one in South Lingrave is also down. I'll start there, thanks!

e: Asking for a friend literally - character spoiler: Does Patches appear somewhere else after you first interact with him and take the chest? He's no longer where he first appears but only in one of my friends' games. Can't figure out if bug or Souls