Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XtraSmiley
Oct 4, 2002

Neito posted:

Is CPAC still at the same place as Magfest, near National Harbor? The hotel looks different this year.

MAGFEST is in DC, I thought CPAC is in FL?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

XtraSmiley posted:

MAGFEST is in DC, I thought CPAC is in FL?

CPAC and the white nationalist convention AFPAC are in Florida and are both going on now.
So they can trade speakers.

tracecomplete
Feb 26, 2017

Neito posted:

Is CPAC still at the same place as Magfest, near National Harbor? The hotel looks different this year.

CPAC is at the Gaylord?

I wonder which dirtbag is sleeping in the hotel room where I had explosive diarrhea that one time.

edit: I wish it were true

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
14 people were shot in a Las Vegas hooka bar yesterday and it's not even on CNN's front page that I could see

https://apnews.com/article/shootings-las-vegas-d899bd8680aa43986fe0fb4114fa1ef4

I guess because "only" one person actually died but a mass shooting seems like news I think

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

BigRed0427 posted:

Has Tucker Carlson said anything since this started?

He's become a quite blatant Kremlin mouth piece. Name a justification that Putin's vomited out, Carlson's said it live on air.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Now that Russian bank payments have stopped I expect an about-face from Tucker

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah unfortunately CPAC has been in Orlando the last couple of years

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Apparently it used to be but moved to Florida because of mask and public gathering restrictions in Oxton Hill.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Yeah unfortunately CPAC has been in Orlando the last couple of years

A moment of silence for all the poor park employees who will have to untangle the never ending fistfights over the last Indiana Jones merchandise on the shelf.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
https://twitter.com/Rhondizzle3/status/1498045557708759042

e: Oh wait, that may be an old pic

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
It's not exactly right wing media but I just saw a commercial for crytpo with Larry David in it. Getting real tired of all these assholes shilling for a ponzi scheme that's one of the greatest threats to the planet ever invented.

citybeatnik
Mar 1, 2013

You Are All
WEIRDOS

Twelve by Pies posted:

It's not exactly right wing media but I just saw a commercial for crytpo with Larry David in it. Getting real tired of all these assholes shilling for a ponzi scheme that's one of the greatest threats to the planet ever invented.

That one played during the Super Bowl.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
for a moment I mistook Larry David for Larry King. I know King, and Regis have sunday morning infomercials shilling some psudeoscience health bullshit.

I wonder if buttcoins will end up there, next to gold ads, other boombrain financial poo poo, and other misc crap.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

The thing about crypto is that in many ways it’s a built in Ponzi scheme. So, if you got in early and have a lot of tokens then the brain worms start burrowing and whispering about howrich you’ll be when the ‘real’ suckers start buying in so you try and recruit the next tranche of suckers for the next level of the pyramid.

Either that or they threw a lot of money at him. Probably both.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

PhazonLink posted:

for a moment I mistook Larry David for Larry King. I know King, and Regis have sunday morning infomercials shilling some psudeoscience health bullshit.

I wonder if buttcoins will end up there, next to gold ads, other boombrain financial poo poo, and other misc crap.

regis philbin has been dead for two years

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

moonmazed posted:

regis philbin has been dead for two years

And King has been dead for one

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

He never said that the medical pill bullshit that they were shilling was good.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
oh well I only see sunday morning tv at the gym and guess whens the last time I been at the gym.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
Looks like 'all-in on facism' may have been a little bit too all-in for Fox:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1497216837364375552?s=20&t=J9bQG0XA9X0hTX6_9ReMBQ

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Lol the day after SWIFT gets turned off and his paycheck gets cut. I would not have thought a multi millionaire heir to the frozen dinner fortune would care but I guess it really is dead eyed psychopathic in-it-for-the-money with him.

Murgos
Oct 21, 2010
Ukraine is polling at 90% favorable in the US at the moment. Tuckers just following along what people want to hear. He has no integrity or shame. He's also completely immoral in that he doesn't care at all if people are hurt by his disingenuously bad advice.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Murgos posted:

Ukraine is polling at 90% favorable in the US at the moment. Tuckers just following along what people want to hear. He has no integrity or shame. He's also completely immoral in that he doesn't care at all if people are hurt by his disingenuously bad advice.
Yes and we saw Trump do a 180 over the weekend and suddenly say how much he was cheering for Ukraine. Clearly they are feeling isolated on this issue and it’s making them somewhat change course.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Froghammer posted:

Now that Russian bank payments have stopped I expect an about-face from Tucker
loving called it

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Froghammer posted:

loving called it

lol

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Do we have a CPAC thread? I thought we usually do one.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Murgos posted:

It's like the vaccines, Trump and Fox obviously want to be pro-vax because The Money* wants everyone vaccinated and back to work making number go up (and Trump wants credit for inventing it), but their viewers just don't want to hear it

*well except for the supplement industry obviously which wants to sell everyone vitamin D and elderberry pills or whatever instead of medicine

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Murgos posted:

The thing about crypto is that in many ways it’s a built in Ponzi scheme. So, if you got in early and have a lot of tokens then the brain worms start burrowing and whispering about howrich you’ll be when the ‘real’ suckers start buying in so you try and recruit the next tranche of suckers for the next level of the pyramid.

Either that or they threw a lot of money at him. Probably both.

I was going to say I don't know which is worse, if Larry David is just trying to get someone else to hold the bag, or if FTX just paid him a shitload of money to shill crypto, but ultimately either reason is founded in "Sure I'm a rich motherfucker who has enough money to last multiple lifetimes, but what if I could be even richer?" so it doesn't matter I guess.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

bird food bathtub posted:

Lol the day after SWIFT gets turned off and his paycheck gets cut. I would not have thought a multi millionaire heir to the frozen dinner fortune would care but I guess it really is dead eyed psychopathic in-it-for-the-money with him.

It's loving insane how obvious this is.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Mercury_Storm posted:

Looks like 'all-in on facism' may have been a little bit too all-in for Fox:

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1497216837364375552?s=20&t=J9bQG0XA9X0hTX6_9ReMBQ

Tucker’s intro on this hilarious because it was basically “Russia invaded Ukraine and that’s bad but all the left cares about is bringing up how I spent the last three weeks saying it would be good and that’s disgusting so I’m going to focus on the real story”.

But for whatever it’s worth he did his turn as soon as the invasion started. That tweet says Tuesday. So I suspect it was less motivated by any back door bank deposits than by his main source of income. I imagine It was one of those times Fox pulled the reigns and told him to get on board with the company line (that it’s bad but it’s all Biden and Muellers fault and Trump would have stopped it).

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Feb 28, 2022

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I had no idea convicted war criminal Allen West was running for governor of Texas until I heard a bit of his interview with Mark Levin tonight. West talked a bit about how military service runs in his family, unfortunately he didn't say whether committing war crimes runs in his family too, but I'll just assume it does.

West talked some about how Abbott was refusing to do things, and that his cowardice in the face of the federal government was making the people of Texas mad. I wondered how true that was and went to look at the latest polling, and Abbott is ahead of West by like 50 fuckin points so lol.

Big Slammu
May 31, 2010

JAWSOMEEE

STAC Goat posted:

Tucker’s intro on this hilarious because it was basically “Russia invaded Ukraine and that’s bad but all the left cares about is bringing up how I spent the last three weeks saying it would be good and that’s disgusting so I’m going to focus on the real story”.

But for whatever it’s worth he did his turn as soon as the invasion started. That tweet says Tuesday. So I suspect it was less motivated by any back door bank deposits than by his main source of income. I imagine It was one of those times Fox pulled the reigns and told him to get on board with the company line (that it’s bad but it’s all Biden and Muellers fault and Trump would have stopped it).

I don’t usually watch fox but turned it on during my workout for shits and giggles — Hannity was wearing a Ukraine pin and tripping over himself to say despite his criticisms of the “corrupt”Ukrainian government Zelensky’s a hero. They also had a subline in big bold letters — “PUTIN IS A MURDERER” just to make sure the people at home at following along know that now Putin is the bad man. They didn’t even get into talking about how Biden caused all this until like 5 minutes in to the show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah the game is now pretending those last couple of weeks where the Biden Admin was warning about the invasion and they (and others) were all yelling that he was lying and trying to distract from domestic issues and start a war never actually happened. Now they said nothing and Biden actually caused the war by… uh… uh… the Mueller investigation? Whatever. Go team!

Also Vladimir Putin is now crazy. He wasn’t crazy last week or for all those years we praised him. He wasn’t crazy when he did this exact same thing for years and years and years and in a whole other country. He’s just losing it now and that makes it ok that we like him because we weren’t all worshiping a despot because of our deep desire for a racist homophonic Christian ethnic state ruled by a strong man. Nope. He’s just got dementia or something.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Twelve by Pies posted:

I had no idea convicted war criminal Allen West was running for governor of Texas until I heard a bit of his interview with Mark Levin tonight. West talked a bit about how military service runs in his family, unfortunately he didn't say whether committing war crimes runs in his family too, but I'll just assume it does.

West talked some about how Abbott was refusing to do things, and that his cowardice in the face of the federal government was making the people of Texas mad. I wondered how true that was and went to look at the latest polling, and Abbott is ahead of West by like 50 fuckin points so lol.
It's really hard to run to the right of Abbott and West doesn't seem to have figured that out

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah kinda hard to pass off Abbott as an establishment Republican when he's making it illegal to be trans, like the best West could do was say that Abbott extending early voting by a week last year was unconstitutional, and that he wasn't protecting the border because he wouldn't declare war on cartels or station the National Guard along it to murder anyone that tries to cross.

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

Let's not forget noted psychopath and guy who married a 15 yr old, Ted Nugent, endorsed West.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Ted Nugent? I thought he was dead. Or in prison.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Conservatives play this card a lot. Like, getting all pissed off at "the media" reporting accurately on things that these idiots said or did - on the record and on the air. There's no inherent bias in a media outlet running a story on something that Trump, Hannity, Rush or Carlson actually loving said, complete with video, but somehow this becomes more of a "the liberal media is attacking me" rather than "look at this dumb horrible poo poo I said".

You see the results manifested in poo poo like CNN and VICE reporters getting harassed for doing nothing more than actually just interviewing people and filming speeches at CPAC or wherever.

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!

Jagged Jim posted:

Ted Nugent? I thought he was dead. Or in prison.

Its as if he's full of it, now that I think about it where are the rationing and toilet paper shortages that was supposed to happen under Biden.

BiggerBoat posted:

You see the results manifested in poo poo like CNN and VICE reporters getting harassed for doing nothing more than actually just interviewing people and filming speeches at CPAC or wherever.
There has to be some selection bias there but I have a hard time believing it is as bad as conservative leaning media. Its a "Why wasn't Obama in the Oval Office on 9-11" vs the countless people around the country that believed Kenosha was a smoldering ruin like a real life fallout game after watching the same burning car on the news every night for weeks in a row.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
The bad reaction to Actual Reporters is because the interviewees at CPAC, etc., know that CPAC is a grift. Their followers don't care about them screaming at CNN or VICE because it is a demonstration of power that they can continue to maintain their lies against reality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

SpeedFreek posted:

There has to be some selection bias

Maybe a little bit and I suppose some selective editing goes on but from what I've seen most of these outlets are so overly sensitive about appearing to be biased that they bend over backwards a lot of times to not come off that way. I spent a good chunk of Trump's administration just reading his loving tweets and watching his full speeches so I didn't even need a media filter since it was all RIGHT HERE. I watched 1/6 and several BLM protests unfold in real time on live streams but none of that stopped the perpetrators from claiming it was undercover Soros funded Antifa operatives making everyone look bad.

It's the whole "me or your lying eyes" thing. These people are on the record and claim bias when it's reported or shared. Trump's own Twitter account was right there for anyone to read. Same with FOX and the whole lot of them.

Reporting things people actually loving say and holding them accountable for it doesn't amount to bias no matter how much editing or selective representation happens. Christ, often they'll claim it was out of context or flat out deny saying things where I heard the entire statement from beginning to end. It goes from:

1. I never said that
2. That's not what I meant
3. It was taken out of context
4. Ok, yes, I said that but it's actually true and not so bad
5. What about some other (black, gay, democrat, liberal) who said x,y,z?
6. See how the media is pickin on me?