Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Is elden ring on gamepass?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

fridge corn posted:

Is elden ring on gamepass?

dunno

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Not yet

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Kinda wish they'd put a Souls game on there. I had a bad experience with Demon Souls but I'm willing to give the series another whirl since it's been like... 11? Years.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

you could buy 1 or 2 on sale for 10 bucks next time they go on sale, which is very often

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I may!

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Fanatic posted:

Maybe try doing a basic treasure hunt to get used to the gameplay. After spawning at an Outpost (place with all the vendors) you need to:

- Go to Gold Hoarder (the man in the little green tent) and buy a quest from him.
- Then go to your Sloop and put the quest down on the quest table in the captain's cabin and vote to start it.
- Now check what maps/clues the quest have given you in the radial menu and use the map on your ship to figure out where to go.
- Raise anchor, lower sails and navigate with ship's map & compass to the target island.
- Drop anchor near target island, use quest map/clues, compass and shovel to get to the treasure.
- Sail back to Outpost and sell chest to Gold Hoarder for $.

I could hear a teen on the mic say "im going to suicide" then he crashed our boat and killed me. I don't have a mic myself OP.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quantum of Phallus posted:

in general, performance = 60fps 1080p, quality = 30fps 4K

I don't have a 4k monitor and also I hate 30fps when I'm sitting that close anyway. I wish I could have games turn on the RTX and poo poo in 60fps 1080p lol. Call it gamer mode.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I hate 30fps for like half an hour then I get used to it. I have experience from the world's greatest console, the Nintendo Switch

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I don't really notice it too bad in most games. But Arceus did feel very janky for the first couple hours especially after playing a lot of Xbox.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

30fps is filth for baba Brains

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Been playing Elden Ring on my series S on quality mode on an LG C1 (so VRR) and it's very playable imo at the 30-35 fps it gets. Performance mode is also fine but looked a little muddy so I went quality.

Having a good time except for the fact I keep absolutely getting wrecked lol. First souls game over here. It is fun though and feels REALLY GOOD when I can actually kill a guy.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
I kind of want MS to do an xbox vr headset but I’m kind of convinced that it would also be a dumb idea. They’ll let Sony smash themselves on that rock of consumer ambivalence.

I have a HP windows VR headset and it’s cool but microsoft really abandoned its VR because the whole thing hasn’t been updated in forever.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

tbh I don’t want them wasting any resources or focus on Vr, they’re so far behind at this stage and the stink of the Kinect poisoned the Xbox brand for a decade

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

tbh I don’t want them wasting any resources or focus on Vr, they’re so far behind at this stage and the stink of the Kinect poisoned the Xbox brand for a decade

Also very true. Maybe hololens tho! Building minecraft castles on a coffee table does look kinda fun. Probably anything reasonable is a good decade or two out though.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
is anything gained by having a mic headset? is it cool?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Just please let me plug my oculus into my Xbox

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

I wrote a big screed/rant in the VR thread about Quest being the only practical road for Microsoft to support VR on the Xbox, being a near-perfect technical fit and mutually beneficial for both parties as their respective software libraries are largely complementary. Still, unlikely.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

styls trill epic posted:

is anything gained by having a mic headset? is it cool?

You can chat with people but for some hosed up reason you can’t record your voice on the Xbox recording thing

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Beastie posted:

I wish that were up to me OP

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

30fps is filth for baba Brains

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I haven't noticed any major difference between my 30fps One and my 60fps Series s.

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

I ended up buying a Series X to upgrade from an X1X. Is there a clear best option right now for trade in of the old hardware, or is private sale on Craigslist (or whatever) the only real path?

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
I work on the assumption that everyone one Craig's list is going to steal your kidneys.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Framerates don’t matter embrace the VRR

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I never really played the X360 Forza Horizon I had, and used a friend's FH3 disc to drive cars on my X and holy poo poo the unskippable cutscenes and please stop talking.
:suicide:

It's very pretty though, even if it's just a bone game.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Thanks for the recs of the kid friendly games, two are playing Phogs now and dying laughing. A lot of cooperation, it’s fun to watch!

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006
TrueAchievements, which is a wonderful resource if you are into achievements but also has things like sales tracking and guides, is about to hit 750,000 users. In celebration, they will be revealing new features for the site every day in March.

https://twitter.com/trueachievement/status/1498269549753675777?s=21

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Beastie posted:

You can.

I mean, it won't do anything, but you can plug into the HDMI and USB ports and pretend.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The imagination is nature's VR!

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

If nature was enough then video games wouldn't exist!

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

We like to show our brain images to others!

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1498312453880311810

game pass stays winning, I can't wait to release my pac-passion on day one

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Pac-Man is my good friend

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

video games have come a long way since pac man

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
This is the day before my birthday.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I'm down to make my own customizable Pac-man arcade.

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8dRZ3atLW8

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo
the xbox stays winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

styls trill epic posted:

the xbox stays winning

Tipping back the RTIC tumbler and wishing I had the kind of clout to get a series x machine with all 8 cores humming