Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Konec Hry
Jul 13, 2005

too much love will kill you

Grimey Drawer

KitConstantine posted:

I've been putting off listening to the new episodes that have Alex talking about the Russian war.

How lovely are they if, say, you've been reading an unhealthy amount of coverage because your ADHD and anxiety disorder teamed up to make this the only thing you've been able to think about for the last 5 days?

Asking for a friend.

(Unhealthy? Yes. I'm working on it.)

They’re infuriating. I’d say skip them for now. Use the time you would have spent listening to them to do something good and soothing for yourself instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
They're only interesting for the sections where they analyze how hard he start backpedaling once the invasion has begun and the Russians aren't greeted as liberators with flower wreaths like they were apparently expecting.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Jones ending up on the other side of a clear moral test isn't interesting or surprising anymore, but it's still wild to me that a guy with such a strong cold-war upbringing and instincts can watch Russia roll tanks across the boarder and not have his gut obliterate him when he says it's okay to do so. What a truly disgraceful fall of the cranks.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I'm more interested in how he handles the entire right wing grift machine doing a complete 180 after Russian bank payments got turned off

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dan seems more upset than usual with Alex. Hopefully this means we'll get a little breaky episode soon with Sweary Kerry.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Froghammer posted:

I'm more interested in how he handles the entire right wing grift machine doing a complete 180 after Russian bank payments got turned off

I feel like he's going to be the last grifter still arguing that Putin has a right to Ukraine's blood and soil, mainly because it's a position he's been pretty consistent about through the ages

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Dan seems more upset than usual with Alex. Hopefully this means we'll get a little breaky episode soon with Sweary Kerry.

I was wondering about that. I only listen to KF occasionally, so I'm no expert, but Dan did seem angrier in today's new episode.

Entirely justified, of course, but even so.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Yeah, sometimes he makes Dan unusually mad and has to be put in a liiiiiiiitle time out-ey. Wacky Wednesday if there's anything good, or some time traveling episodes.

Rampant Dwickery
Nov 12, 2011

Comfy and cozy.
As much as I think Dan needs to take that Liiiiiitle Break-y, he has this breathtaking ability to just keep drilling down when Alex is doing something incredibly horrible and relevant - such as, say, championing Putin in the midst of a Russian invasion. I can see him dissecting even more Present Day episodes for at least another week straight, though after that I think he'd finally relent and find literally anything else to cover.

(If only to prevent Jordan from having a coronary.)

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

It's amazing I've listened to like 300 KF episodes and I was still blown away by that proof Alex was right video. That's some balls.

Then the dude who called in and proved that oh, yeah, that poo poo works just fine on his listeners.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Ummm, this is a late response maybe. They're mostly analyzing Alex's self contradictions and his obvious ties to Russian propaganda, if not as a direct agent, as a Putin worshipper in service of his larger grift. I'd say it's less focused on material conditions of the conflict and more in the media criticism vein. I don't know you, but I'd say go for it. It's been relatively less traumatic than the news for me.

Grand Fromage posted:

It's amazing I've listened to like 300 KF episodes and I was still blown away by that proof Alex was right video. That's some balls.

Then the dude who called in and proved that oh, yeah, that poo poo works just fine on his listeners.

Yeah I'm tuning in for these Alex self-parodies like how he was poo poo talking China and had to somehow convert those to Russian talking points, and ofc the silly pivots roger stone has to do to feed his bizarre litigation-based donation engine.

ILL Machina fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 1, 2022

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Grand Fromage posted:

War... Is... Coming sometime... Within... The next... Five years

And inside every ellipses is something completely unrelated to the current war.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
New Behind The Bastards episode with Dan and Jordan! What a bright spot!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Relatively new to KF. What's Sweary Kerry?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Kerry is the host of Project Camelot and is an offshoot the boys follow. It's all about Mark Richards, murderer and grifter who has taken in Kerry Cassidy who does aliens and alien related conspiracy. It's a great listen and like Alex Jones is a whole entire arc or humanity. It starts here:
https://knowledgefight.libsyn.com/knowledge-fight-project-camelot-break-1

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Deptfordx posted:

Relatively new to KF. What's Sweary Kerry?

Sweary Kerry is just what they call the woman from Project Camelot, the space weirdos that they cover when Alex is either boring or in time out.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Unfortunately they've been covering Project Camelot less and less. I have a memory of Dan saying that over time the space weirdos got less fun and became more and more like all the other weirdos they cover but couldn't tell you when that was. Maybe on the QAA episode they guested on recently?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

Project Camelot also went behind a paywall for a bit so they stopped because of that, as well as everything eventually boiling down to anti-Semitism. It's discussed in the project Camelot episodes themselves.

Personally I'm holding out for more Jim Bakker and the court of heaven content.

RocknRollaAyatollah
Nov 26, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I think the main issue with Project Camelot content was Covid protocols preventing Kerry from visiting Mark Richards in prison.

A lot of those UFO cults, like Project Camelot, also lose their interesting factor after a while too because you can only go so hard for so long until it's just repetition. Like the SSP people, it's just the same thing repackaged because they're not really riffing on current events a lot of the time. Jones gets more mileage because he's just reacting to headlines and his own legal troubles.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I remember hearing Krazy Kerry on the Anthony Patch show a while back, not sure why I was listening. This guy has a lot of crazy poo poo on here: https://www.podbean.com/podcast-detail/jayw4-cc64a/The-Anthony-Patch-Show-Podcast

They were talking about the "Cosmic Egg of Osiris" being released and distributing "Digital DNA" into our timeline, through 5G signals of course, which would rewrite your DNA and prepare us for alien landings or something of that nature. Everything, even toll booths would be distributing 5G digital DNA signals!! Eventually, once we reach "10G" we would be able to talk directly with the spirit realm. Also, Hillary Clinton had already been arrested in the spirit realm and it was just waiting to "manifest in the physical." :shepface:

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Sweary Kerry is also very into Q since she's the world's most gullible person, so it may have gotten less fun.

SetSliRol
Apr 30, 2021

"The power of the Marfalump idea is it's one, simple idea. It's not about Pepsi or Star Wars. It's about a character that loves both."
Personally I would love to see them tackle ResetWars since it got immediately dumped onto torrent sites.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

I feel like this show needs a wiki, what with all the diffrent people that come onto the show with a regular basis.

Edit: Like, what is that one dude called the turd in the punch bowl?

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Mar 1, 2022

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...

SetSliRol posted:

Personally I would love to see them tackle ResetWars since it got immediately dumped onto torrent sites.

A few shows after the deposition episode they played a clip of deposition Alex explaining that Reset Wars was completely the work of that hypnotist guy. Alex just read it, slapped his name on it and put it up for sale. I think that took a lot of air out of the sails for potential reset wars coverage. Much more exciting to cover "the most important work of [Alex's] career" than just another product at the Infowars store.

Plus it's sort of evergreen so they can keep it in their back pocket and cover it next time Alex takes a little breaky or something.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

BigRed0427 posted:

Edit: Like, what is that one dude called the turd in the punch bowl?
David Icke. He and Alex are buddies now

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Froghammer posted:

David Icke. He and Alex are buddies now

Cool. I meant to ask why, autocorrect is dumb.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

BigRed0427 posted:

Cool. I meant to ask why, autocorrect is dumb.
He's an antisemitic nutjob that believes in lizard people and Alex normally doesn't truck too much with the science fiction / religious fantasy faction of the right-wing griftersphere.

Trump and the pandemic made strange bedfellows, though

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

Froghammer posted:

Alex normally doesn't truck too much with the science fiction / religious fantasy faction of the right-wing griftersphere.

He doesn't?:confused:

Everett False
Sep 28, 2006

Mopsy, I'm starting to question your medical credentials.

He didn't used to. It was one of the things he hated about Icke, which was why he called him a turd in the punchbowl. He used to say Icke made the concept of conspiracies look bad by throwing the lizard stuff in there. These days... things have changed.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Idk. Sounds more like fighting over a niche.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
The out of context drop in 293 is amazing. It covers how the brain is made of fish oil, hallucinogenic krill oil, and the burpees. It begins at 7:03.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Everett False posted:

He didn't used to. It was one of the things he hated about Icke, which was why he called him a turd in the punchbowl. He used to say Icke made the concept of conspiracies look bad by throwing the lizard stuff in there. These days... things have changed.
Over time, the crazy science fiction nonsense about clones and bioweapons and cyborgs in right-wing conspiracy circles proved to be a better bugbear to scare the audience with than aliens. In part, I think, because there has been exponentially amazing advances in technology since the late 80s while aliens are still a mystery.

Anyway Icke backed the aliens train hard. Way harder than Bill Cooper ever did. Alex thought he was an embarrassment to the grift movement and called him "the turd in the punchbowl" to Jon Ronson.

Cut to twenty years later and they're palling around because both of them have nowhere left to go

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Grand Fromage posted:

I wish they hammered harder that Alex was doing this on the 25th because of how super wrong he was on the 24th. Gotta do something to distract from "Oh, you're not seeing any pushback from Ukrainian forces because all the Ukrainian generals have been bought off by Putin!"

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Idk but that came across pretty clearly to me. Especially since they spent some time talking about how Alex had to admit Biden was right but that he refused to connect that with being wrong.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
my response to new Policy Wonk named Why Do The Globalists Keep Writing Their Plans Down?

Galactic law says they have to.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Froghammer posted:

Over time, the crazy science fiction nonsense about clones and bioweapons and cyborgs in right-wing conspiracy circles proved to be a better bugbear to scare the audience with than aliens. In part, I think, because there has been exponentially amazing advances in technology since the late 80s while aliens are still a mystery.

Anyway Icke backed the aliens train hard. Way harder than Bill Cooper ever did. Alex thought he was an embarrassment to the grift movement and called him "the turd in the punchbowl" to Jon Ronson.

Cut to twenty years later and they're palling around because both of them have nowhere left to go

I'm probably overthinking it but the only other time I've heard that phrase is in a Bill Hicks routine and I feel like there was a period in the early naughties, when Jones was more plausibly playing the "I'm beyond partisan politics" card, that he leaned into the "Alex Jones is actually Bill Hicks who faked his death after Waco to fight the globalists" joke.

I've caught another couple of Hicks-isms on shows from that era too, and I wonder if Jones was deliberately doing this to play into the Hicks connection (either seriously or as a joke), if Jones is just stealing Hicks' material, if these are just fairly common Texas sayings (my only other reference is King of the Hill) that he and Hicks both happened to use, or if I just need to go out and get some fresh air.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Happy sneaky snake Wednesday

JaneError
Feb 4, 2016

how would i even breathe on the moon?
Sounds like they may get their little breaky if Alex has indeed hosed off to the woods for a few days.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
He might not be able to. Nobody on his payroll moves product or gets the numbers he does. If he's bleeding money, then he can't afford a vacation

Also Jesus God he's in rare form this episode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Froghammer posted:

He might not be able to. Nobody on his payroll moves product or gets the numbers he does. If he's bleeding money, then he can't afford a vacation

Also Jesus God he's in rare form this episode

"Going off to the woods" is Alex-speak for either having to go on Rogan (or other shows) to desperately try and pump traffic to Infowars or, more frequently, having to go to court. How many cases is it he's got active at the moment? Obviously the two Sandy Hook ones, but I think his divorce from his last wife is still ongoing and there's some case with his current wife too (Dan and Jordan's perfectly understandable and laudable stance on not touching his personal life is very frustrating for the gossip in me)