Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Preoptopus posted:

I was referring to Russians creating their own traffic jams and getting obliterated. It reminds me of thoes zombie killer phone games.

To illustrate a typical Russian column:

:blyat::blyat::blyat::blyat::blyat::blyat::blyat::blyat::blyat::blyat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

Wow... I almost had to check because time flies. Almost 7-year-old MREs?!

I noticed that guy's gun has a sight which I haven't seen all soldiers have. Does anyone know how typical it is for front line soldiers to have attachments like these? I'm assuming they're reserved for more experienced / specialized infantry?

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Wistful of Dollars posted:

Like anything Musk-involved we'll see if it actually works.
It was the Ukranian government that asked for it, fwiw. And there is already Starlink coverage over all of Ukraine.

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Wait, what is your friend saying?

quote:

Who could knew that war is loving expensive
Also, mark my words, I expect false flags terrorist attacks in our cities this week
Putin is in deep need of rally

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Have Russian civilians begun building guillotines yet and testing them out? For cutting potatoes of course.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What are you implying? I'm worried that might be a Polish bullet convoy on fire or something.

If the OSINT person knew the fire was in a different place than the Russian column, why did they reply to a picture of the Russian column with the picture of the giant fire map and no mention of the different location? It is horribly confusing, the OSINT person is very bad at conveying useful information.

Zhanism
Apr 1, 2005
Death by Zhanism. So Judged.

dominoeffect posted:

Wow... I almost had to check because time flies. Almost 7-year-old MREs?!

I noticed that guy's gun has a sight which I haven't seen all soldiers have. Does anyone know how typical it is for front line soldiers to have attachments like these? I'm assuming they're reserved for more experienced / specialized infantry?

Can anyone translate? I cant tell if hes angry that they (Ukr) doesnt want to eat expired rations or that the poor russian solider got issued these in the first place.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Deteriorata posted:

Bringing them up implies you think they'll be used, which is straight Clancychat. No one's going to use them, so they're irrelevant.

If they're so irrelevant why doesn't every single country with a stockpile disarm? They cost money to maintain and secure.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Oh yes, I agree with them. Since Russians have done nothing original in this war, it’s going to be apartment bombings with at least 50 different videos of people in reflective cop wests carrying in exposed C4 bricks.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Sir John Falstaff posted:

Partly I think it probably depends what you count--frontline troops? Reserves? Militias with AKs and RPGs? Civilians with molotovs?

Well, let's discount the ones that are simply armed civilians for now, but that still leaves Ukraine with a stated strength of 200 000 regular troops when this war began, as well as about 100 000 paramilitaries and I don't see why any reserves mobilized should not count as actual troops either when those get in. Now, not all of these are going to be at the frontline of course (and far from all of them are combat troops), but the same holds true for the Russians.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Zhanism posted:

Can anyone translate? I cant tell if hes angry that they (Ukr) doesnt want to eat expired rations or that the poor russian solider got issued these in the first place.

He is mocking russian army for providing soldiers with expired crap

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

Huh, first Switzerland now this.

Rappaport posted:

A part of it is that pretty much all of the EU has committed to it, even Finland and Sweden are sending actual weapons and stuff which is pretty much unprecedented at least for Finland. Russia is a bully, but they'll have a hard time responding to the entirety of the West doing it, nukes or no. Maybe they'll do some economic nonsense, but they have their hands full with their own internal economy imploding due to the sanctions. I doubt even Putin is prepared for escalating this to a full-out Europe-wide active war.

The behaviour of the EU implies they consider all bridges thoroughly burned, so there's little holding back.

I'd still quite prefer to return to the calm and quiet of just the pandemic :shepface:

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Oh yes, I agree with them. Since Russians have done nothing original in this war, it’s going to be apartment bombings with at least 50 different videos of people in reflective cop wests carrying in exposed C4 bricks.

In super HD at 60fps

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

If the OSINT person knew the fire was in a different place than the Russian column, why did they reply to a picture of the Russian column with the picture of the giant fire map and no mention of the different location? It is horribly confusing, the OSINT person is very bad at conveying useful information.

Well, they looked for a fire convoy, and found unexpected fire elsewhere - communicating it clearly enough for me. I agree it was worth a separate tweet, but it probably would’ve been more difficult to surface then.

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

So Ukraine isn't just getting planes, they're getting to stage out of Poland, so have planes parked where Russia *shouldn't* hit them.

https://ukraine.segodnya.ua/amp-ukraine/evropa-peredast-ukraine-70-istrebiteley-mig-29-i-su-25-dlya-aviaudarov-po-agressoru-1605977.html

Poland is really pissed huh

Edit: deleting tweet and linking directly to the article instead - it's already walked back the claims a lot

KitConstantine fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Feb 28, 2022

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Better not attend any theatres in major Russian cities in the coming weeks.

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

Ultimately that probably just means more cyber attacks.

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Well, they looked for a fire convoy, and found unexpected fire elsewhere - communicating it clearly enough for me. I agree it was worth a separate tweet, but it probably would’ve been more difficult to surface then.

I don't think it needed a separate tweet, I think it need one clause saying "a nearby highway"

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

William Bear posted:

Google translate of the attached tweet thread:

Any indication that this was planes or Russians? The territorial defense units have been detaining anyone moving after 8 and shooting them if they dont stop

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
Starlink is an offshoot of SpaceX--which is run by Shotwell, not Musk (though he has input). It's also weirdly his only venture that isn't plagued with QC and management issues. So competence and follow-through is actually something to be expected here.

Russia is going to have a LOT of headwind now. Ukraine is mobilizing more by the day, and getting top-tier premier weapons systems and resupply. The population is beyond resolved against the russian invaders. Russia's supply lines are strained and are being actively targeted. Russia's economy is, uh, lol.

That said, they still have a fuckton of weapons and people and are fully capable of deleting cities if they care to do so. Given the reports in the last 12 hours, we may be seeing them approach that line--what's the west going to do, invade? Sanction more, somehow?
Ukrainian citizenry will be valid targets or not based on the whims and decency of Putin. I'm looking at the near future with a degree of dread.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

KitConstantine posted:

So Ukraine isn't just getting planes, they're getting to stage out of Poland, so have planes parked where Russia *shouldn't* hit them.

https://twitter.com/ASLuhn/status/1498409887205937155?t=KmiQnYdItWlCfCfGq1k1lw&s=19

One of the replies disputes the Bulgarian part.

https://twitter.com/UkraineReports/status/1498353105431240705

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

KitConstantine posted:

https://twitter.com/ASLuhn/status/1498409887205937155?t=KmiQnYdItWlCfCfGq1k1lw&s=19

This would be phenomenal if true, I sure hope so! Dare Putin to do something about it.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Apparently UN is now live, with Russia saying that they’ve bombed no one, and it’s the work of radicals (the government of Ukraine).

KitConstantine posted:

:staredog:

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

KitConstantine posted:

Holy poo poo, flying out of Poland? :stare:

Xarn
Jun 26, 2015

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Don't forget talking about how they are nazis and hate russia for its freedoms, using bad ukrainian with russian accent.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

KitConstantine posted:

Comments suggest this may be false. Letting them fly combat missions out of Poland would be quite the stretch.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

KitConstantine posted:

This seems like a loving massive escalation that might end badly

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

https://twitter.com/COdendahl/status/1498382109873954818

Pretty bold if true. Stuff of dreams for future historians if the course of Germany's entire foreign policy changed because one guy decided to say it was and dared anyone else to say otherwise.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

KitConstantine posted:

Doubt. If true Poland needs to be excluded from article 5 when those get Iskandered.

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

TheRat posted:

This seems like a loving massive escalation that might end badly

For Russia, they have very few friends left

Charlotte Hornets
Dec 30, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

KitConstantine posted:

I don't really think they'll do the strikes in Ukraine and just happily fly back to Poland. Surely not.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

steinrokkan posted:

Better not attend any theatres in major Russian cities in the coming weeks.

Ukrainians sank Kursk.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

KitConstantine posted:

I don't think anything in this tweet is true, I'm pretty sure it's all been specifically denied by the governments involved.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Apparently UN is now live, with Russia saying that they’ve bombed no one, and it’s the work of radicals (the government of Ukraine).

:staredog:

This seems...bad

Like, isn't Poland dangerously close to escalation here?

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Panzeh posted:

For a few years during the Vietnam War, there were more than 100,000 PLA soldiers in North Vietnam, manning AA defenses and doing logistical duties. The USAF very deliberately avoided bombing the northernmost chunk of North Vietnam for this reason.

What about that one time they ran an A6 intruder down the main road towards the communist party HQ in Hanoi in a hail of AA but their mk 83s missed, but managed to come around again, hit their mark and limped back home, huh?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

i am a moron posted:

For Russia, they have very few friends left

If it ends badly it ends badly for everyone

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

FishBulbia posted:

Doubt. If true Poland needs to be excluded from article 5 when those get Iskandered.

If Russia hits Poland at this point, frankly, I suspect most of the EU is fed up with Russia.

FishBulbia
Dec 22, 2021

KitConstantine posted:

https://twitter.com/MarQs__/status/1498410548974821387

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

javi posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but US is expelling RUS spies from UN. https://twitter.com/USUNSpox/status/1498395166272634890

You only have to play Civ6 to know that embassies solely exist for sending in spies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KitConstantine
Jan 11, 2013

Oh and the "Ukrainian Question" article that got posted then pulled just got posted again on Sputnik. I can't stomach re-reading much of it but if anyone hasn't seen it and still thinks this whole thing was about NATO and not imperial ambitions see the link below

Vladimir Putin has assumed, without a drop of exaggeration, a historic responsibility by deciding not to leave the solution of the Ukrainian question to future generations.