Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

pantslesswithwolves posted:

https://twitter.com/borzou/status/1498393087952961541

Someone come get their dumbfuck dad before he gets hurt.

90% sure I got the Silver Alert about this guy last week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

It's bullshit, Slovakia at least has already categorically denied they're giiving them any Migs.

Anything regarding Poland?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Odradek posted:

Here is A. Vindman's tweet: https://twitter.com/AVindman/status/1498007949104533508

When I heard about this, I knew things were going pear shaped for the Russians. If true, this is massive. Gerasimov is the big brain behind the modern Russian military. When I worked a Russia account, we took him very seriously.

Vindman has tweeted bullshit before (like the dogfight that turned out to be from DCS), so I wouldn't take anything he posts as authoritative.

Wombot
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/UAWeapons/status/1498408659633770504?t=CjgXO3VqjOUY3HhmBgWFBA&s=19

Owns bones. Beep beep, motherfuckers.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

It seems many of the guys riding in are barely out of basic and haven't really grasped that the paper they were pressured into signing during their exercise was a contract upgrading their conscription to an enlistment.

It seems the reason some of these dudes are so casual about operations is that they aren't even really aware this isn't an exercise any more, they're fighting a for loving real war. :(

It's like signing up for the National Guard and then one day you're told to roll across the Rio Grande and take Monterrey. Somewhere halfway between Laredo and Monterrey you realize you're actually invading because the Mexican army is shooting at your APC.

A long time ago I remember reading somewhere on these forums about a Russian kid who was trying to flee the country to avoid his conscription, and he said he was doing that because conscripts in Russia are treated worse than prisoners in the US and it's a real "don't drop the soap" type of environment. At the time I thought "come on, can't be that bad" but that was before I ever worked with foreign militaries outside of NATO. I started to understand after seeing how the ANA and the Jordanians and some others operated. And now the whole world can see it's actually worse than that. (edit: My personal theory is that it's because many countries lack a real NCO corps, they're like a mob of E-4s being led by dip-poo poo lieutenants and it's disgusting.)

bees everywhere fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 28, 2022

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

We're gonna find The Chieftain reviewing this in a couple months.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Compared to last week there is practically nothing stopping you from importing a tank. ITAR is for exports! Buy your own BUK! They'll be finding this stuff parked in peoples sheds for the next 10 years.

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

Hekk posted:

I don't know that Russia has the same climate control storage that the US does but we regularly keep MRES many years past the written expiration date on them. In OIF 1 we were eating MREs that had M&Ms with mid 1990s references on them. If you deep freeze everything they will last indefinitely. Once they thaw the shelf life starts.

I remember a story where there was a certain color M&M [green?] where if you got a pack of them you won a cash prize of 50 or 100K, Problem was one or two troops got the prize but the contest expired years before.

Vortex Street
Oct 23, 2010

I walked right out of the machinery

Icon Of Sin posted:

They’re a nation full of the hardest savages I’ve ever seen :stare:

“Go gently caress yourself, Russian warship”
“Put sunflower seeds in your pockets, so something grows from your corpse”
-savage granny
“You’re out of gas? I can tow your tank back to Russia, or you could just surrender like the rest of you are doing”
-a passing car to a confused Russian tanker

My favorite is the farmer who found an abandoned APC and just stole the loving thing outright with his tractor, no words spoken (on camera, at least) :laffo:

From pages ago, but

https://twitter.com/crysen/status/1498295519889838082?s=21

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Oh, boy: further down is a link to an article on that guy and... maybe don't click unless you want to pound your head against the wall. Short version: he looked at the poop, touched the poop, and now he's been there for years.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/son-wealthy-businessman-foot-soldier-vladimir-putin-russia-hacking/

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

UA tank or Russian? No Z/O/R etc markings unless they removed it first...

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

M_Gargantua posted:

Compared to last week there is practically nothing stopping you from importing a tank. ITAR is for exports! Buy your own BUK! They'll be finding this stuff parked in peoples sheds for the next 10 years.

People were worried about NLAWS and Javelins getting into Azov Battalion hands, ashame Putin provided free tanks, sams, and apcs.

Big K of Justice posted:

The black square on the turret, looks like they wiped out the letter in the box.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

From one of my yachting groups. Might be a good opportunity to snatch some nice gear from a bunch of suddenly abandoned yachts coming up.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

From one of my yachting groups. Might be a good opportunity to snatch some nice gear from a bunch of suddenly abandoned yachts coming up.

Watching half these yachts sink from lack of maintenance.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
More like take that yacht to a scrapper.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

So what's going to happen to all these seized assets? is it like civil forfeiture when cops see something in your car they want so they impound it and take it?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

I'd guess sold and the money kept by whichever govt, but I'm not an expert on that.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I prefer this option if I'm going to be honest.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Big K of Justice posted:

Ukraine shouldn't have significant numbers of 72Bs

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

:eyepop:

(It's an old pic, he's so much fatter and more orange now)

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

CainFortea posted:

So what's going to happen to all these seized assets? is it like civil forfeiture when cops see something in your car they want so they impound it and take it?

youre gonna watch the mother of all wafflings as numerous right wing politicians around the globe have to decide if they want to start ignoring the frantic and rather threatening phone calls from their eastern european business partners

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

KozmoNaut posted:

:eyepop:

(It's an old pic, he's so much fatter and more orange now)

https://twitter.com/PolitiFact/status/1498412722442096641

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

CainFortea posted:

Turn the mansions into homeless shelters and halfway houses.

I abhor civil forfeiture and hate to be a hypocrite but, you know, gently caress the billionaires.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Considering the political leanings and general "being a dipshit" factor of the guy whose Facebook page I found it on, I'm not at all surprised that he got it from Rogan.

To be clear, I hope literally no one is as dumb as Rogan and believes that loving Steven Seagal would be able to defeat a tamper-proof jar of pickles, let alone muster the physical effort to put on a plate carrier.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Big K of Justice posted:

I remember a story where there was a certain color M&M [green?] where if you got a pack of them you won a cash prize of 50 or 100K, Problem was one or two troops got the prize but the contest expired years before.

That was a Terminal Lance comic.

Edit: Holy poo poo in the post for the comic he says it happened lol

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

McNally posted:

That was a Terminal Lance comic.

Edit: Holy poo poo in the post for the comic he says it happened lol

I just found the comic and the post, the guy told me it was M&M's but it was Skittles... lol

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Big K of Justice posted:

I just found the comic and the post, the guy told me it was M&M's but it was Skittles... lol

In '06 there were definitely m&m's contest bags that were being found in MREs (not sure of year of production though). They were multicolored I think, you had to find a bag full of them? I don't know why I remember this.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

CainFortea posted:

For the yachts at least, eventually the yacht itself will run up enough debt that the port state will order its arrest and sell it at auction.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Jasper Tin Neck posted:

It seems many of the guys riding in are barely out of basic and haven't really grasped that the paper they were pressured into signing during their exercise was a contract upgrading their conscription to an enlistment.

It seems the reason some of these dudes are so casual about operations is that they aren't even really aware this isn't an exercise any more, they're fighting a for loving real war. :(

It's like signing up for the National Guard and then one day you're told to roll across the Rio Grande and take Monterrey. Somewhere halfway between Laredo and Monterrey you realize you're actually invading because the Mexican army is shooting at your APC.

Oh thank god it's just the army and not the cartels

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

KozmoNaut posted:

Considering the political leanings and general "being a dipshit" factor of the guy whose Facebook page I found it on, I'm not at all surprised that he got it from Rogan.

To be clear, I hope literally no one is as dumb as Rogan and believes that loving Steven Seagal would be able to defeat a tamper-proof jar of pickles, let alone muster the physical effort to put on a plate carrier.

Yeah, Seagal loved playing cop, I cannot imagine he'd love to play soldier as well

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Lol, this guy: https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/son-wealthy-businessman-foot-soldier-vladimir-putin-russia-hacking/

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So I'm wondering...is he potentially violating any US laws? I know people from the US and everywhere will be fighting in the Ukraine soon...but it's not going to be with the GRRM cosplayer.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, Seagal loved playing cop, I cannot imagine he'd love to play soldier as well

Oh my you've never seen the Sniper movie have you? Dale Dye orders him and ROB VAN drat to stop terrorists or something.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar-5PAj-YOc

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1498425709546586115?s=20&t=OEEVr7WMobWXA6zc5IwtwA

T-90 abandoned in Ukraine. Appears to be a match based on some other T-90 photos.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

CommieGIR posted:

https://twitter.com/markito0171/status/1498425709546586115?s=20&t=OEEVr7WMobWXA6zc5IwtwA

T-90 abandoned in Ukraine. Appears to be a match based on some other T-90 photos.

At this rate the Ukrainians are going to come out of this with an upgraded military.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Proud Christian Mom posted:

Whats hosed up is we know its there, as drones keep hitting it. They just arent using it because ????

The millisecond they radiate, the Rivet Joints and other SIGINT assets will know exactly where they are.

ASAPI posted:

At this rate the Ukrainians are going to come out of this with an upgraded military.

Only if they figure out how to make spare parts.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't know that I'd call it an upgrade. Quantity vs quality, I suppose.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

BIG HEADLINE posted:

The millisecond they radiate, the Rivet Joints and other SIGINT assets will know exactly where they are.

I wonder if they are even running encryption on those chinese radios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

CommieGIR posted:

I wonder if they are even running encryption on those chinese radios.

They aren't. You can hear frontline comms chatter on WebSDR. There's usually people in the chat translating it live.