Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

Valleyant posted:

You'd think he'd mention the whole 'sibling of your leader' thing at some point. Enjou is really fun though

I thought he did at a certain point? Or at least hint at it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

MoonCrab posted:

Hey everyone falling for conspiracy theories, heads up. The Yae stuff comes from this amazing thing:

And the thing about her kit being changed because of so and so artifact blah blah is ACTUALLY comically obvious backpedaling after being proven to be comically wrong about literally everything.

No, that's not even remotely related. If you think its just a conspiracy, then what about the artifacts that are in the game, right now? With descriptions and designs that make sense for their respective characters? Or Yae's own unsynergistic design?

I remember seeing that image back in the past too, and it was incredibly obvious many of them were wrong, especially Yae doing dual-elemental DPS, since no character was going to do that. That was not what I was referring to when I recalled a leak mentioning Yae as an on-field DPS. If you think the CN community is getting fooled from that one EN-leaker's random listicle of nonsense, then I've got news for you.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That leak is fake but people are falling for it mass. Already, 2 out of every 4 out of 5 Genshin Impact players refuse to believe that Finland is real or that Forrest Gump was just a movie and book and not a historical document made into a movie.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Feb 27, 2022

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler
Finland might be real, but the Finnish language is not, that's a hoax.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

Boat Stuck posted:

I thought he did at a certain point? Or at least hint at it?

In the last update he says something along the lines of "The other abyss heralds are too busy trying to get the attention of their queen to deal with inconsequential things" (I'm assuming "queen" becomes "king" if you're playing female traveler)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Enjou rules

In a game full of forgettable boring NPCs he's such a breath of fresh air

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

GENUINE CAT HERDER posted:

In the last update he says something along the lines of "The other abyss heralds are too busy trying to get the attention of their queen to deal with inconsequential things" (I'm assuming "queen" becomes "king" if you're playing female traveler)

I'm playing female traveler and he says "The other abyss heralds are too busy trying to get the attention of their highness to deal with inconsequential things".

Either way, I hope he pops up in the Chasm, spouts something that sounds like a dumb conspiracy theory like "You know how the moon is the corpse of a long dead god right? Well wait until you hear about the Sun!" then just fucks off with no further explanation until Sumeru.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Acerbatus posted:

Enjou rules

In a game full of forgettable boring NPCs he's such a breath of fresh air

yea enjou has more personality than the rest of the npc's combined. he's more fun than most of the playable characters

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I feel like the game expects you to take a two week vacation between every line of dialogue. As if you might forget what's going on.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Finally managed to do the full Abyss :toot:
It only took uh... 64 battles but it's done.

One thing that's unfortunate about the mechanics for this game is that it's hard to get incremental improvements in most cases since everything hinges on rotations and boss patterns. Either you get a whole cycle faster or you get nothing, especially for things like the Perpetual Mechanical Array. At least for the heralds/lectors you can experiment and feel like you're making progress with just tactical improvements.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

Redmark posted:

Finally managed to do the full Abyss :toot:
It only took uh... 64 battles but it's done.

One thing that's unfortunate about the mechanics for this game is that it's hard to get incremental improvements in most cases since everything hinges on rotations and boss patterns. Either you get a whole cycle faster or you get nothing, especially for things like the Perpetual Mechanical Array. At least for the heralds/lectors you can experiment and feel like you're making progress with just tactical improvements.

you should get that xiangling to A6 and upgrade her burst to 9 (12), it'll make her team significantly more potent and shave off precious seconds you can use as a buffer

but good job on the 36*, hopefully the next one goes easier with some more upgrades

Flair
Apr 5, 2016
I took a small break to in between to play some Lost Ark. I like that I still got it:

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Flair posted:

I took a small break to in between to play some Lost Ark. I like that I still got it:

Does that sucrose taser team work with Raiden substituted for beidou? I have beidou and c6 but haven't levelled her yet.
I also haven't levelled sucrose but I do have an artifact set, currently held by Kazuha.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

How on earth are people still complaining about Yoimiya? She plays better than every melee character in the game.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Apparently 2.4 added a new daily commision in Mondstadt to get Mona to pay her rent that if you complete 3 different ways will lead to her first in game appearance and dialogue in over a year. :stare:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Lobsterpillar posted:

Does that sucrose taser team work with Raiden substituted for beidou? I have beidou and c6 but haven't levelled her yet.
I also haven't levelled sucrose but I do have an artifact set, currently held by Kazuha.
It doesn't really work with her. Raiden's E doesn't really deal damage, Beidou's Q deals ridiculously enormous damage. The comp is basically just about enabling Beidou with Xingqiu thrown in because his multipliers are op and his burst has the same condition for dealing damage as Beidou's (plus he heals).

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

what the hell is this

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

kater posted:

How on earth are people still complaining about Yoimiya? She plays better than every melee character in the game.

It’s mostly the Yoimiya Overload comps that people usually run her with don’t have the single target damage that Hu Tao Vape does, and have unreliable and low AoE damage. I play both pretty often, and for spread out trash that isn’t easily grouped by Kazuha, Yoi outperforms C1 Hu Tao. On single targets, Hu Tao dominates.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

what's the venn diagram on thinking Yoimiya plays better than melee characters and being unable to aim Diluc's burst

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

dogsicle posted:

what's the venn diagram on thinking Yoimiya plays better than melee characters and being unable to aim Diluc's burst
Pretend I went to the effort of screenshotting a specific poster and putting them inside a circle

Also, I finished the event map and: Gotta say, really terrible idea to do this while grinding out mats for Yae. I'm never going in the hole again. You can't make me.

GENUINE CAT HERDER
Jan 2, 2004

Wedge Regret

x1o posted:

I'm playing female traveler and he says "The other abyss heralds are too busy trying to get the attention of their highness to deal with inconsequential things".

Ah. I almost certainly totally misremembered this then and conflated it with the "[King/Queen] of Darkness" that shows up every time the BP rewards restart. As such, it's probably the same line for both travelers.

Finally having some free time to play the event and happily downing the better part of a six-pack while doing so probably didn't help my memory retention in those matters.

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Lobsterpillar posted:

Raiden would not work efficiently since Sucrose is the character with the most uptime in that team, and Raiden's dps relies on her being on the field. XQ, Fischl, and Beidou are all there for their elemental skill and burst and then I switch off to Sucrose to do damage.

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Flair posted:

Raiden would not work efficiently since Sucrose is the character with the most uptime in that team, and Raiden's dps relies on her being on the field. XQ, Fischl, and Beidou are all there for their elemental skill and burst and then I switch off to Sucrose to do damage.
Well looks like I'll be building up beidou and sucrose then

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

Lobsterpillar posted:

Well looks like I'll be building up beidou and sucrose then

For sucrose, you don't need to level up her talents. Just level her up to 89/90 and get 4 VV focused on main and substats of EM (though the artifacts is the hard part but I assume your Kazuha already has that).

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Has anyone had any lag in swapping characters in the Spiral Abyss? For some weird reason, my second team had a ton of lag when switching characters and damage numbers were super delayed. It happened to my second team pretty consistently, but only once to my first team. I went back out and just spammed swap character and everything was working fine.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I've done five of the weekly bosses today and I feel like the drop rate is worse because I'm only getting one type of material from them instead of two or three. But I did get a spear prototype. I need more claymores since I took the Whiteblind up to R5 so I wouldn't worry about swapping the Stonethresher back and forth between Itto and Noelle as much.

It'd be nice to get another bow at some point. They keep making new archers and I've been stuck at 3 prototypes for I don't know how long.

Oh does anything unlock from Yae's story quest? I've kinda been putting it off.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
For people running taser team, do you have Beidou with an ER sands or attack?

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Hyper Inferno posted:

Has anyone had any lag in swapping characters in the Spiral Abyss? For some weird reason, my second team had a ton of lag when switching characters and damage numbers were super delayed. It happened to my second team pretty consistently, but only once to my first team. I went back out and just spammed swap character and everything was working fine.

Genshin had a ton of connection issues today.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I use ER sands, 158 to 170 ER (don't remember exact number) with Fischl and it feels good. I'm not tempted to use less. I also own a wolf's gravestone tho so have plenty of atk to go around.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Feb 28, 2022

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I go for ER sands, though it's more about the stats as a whole. Since I have fischl and I trust in my perfect counters, I go for 140 ER with near 0 ER substats to have a 70/140 crit ratio.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I remember you saying before that you ran Fischl with Milileth. I think I need to do the same. That should make up the difference in the attack drop. I had a good roll today with near 100% uptime with Beidou and it felt godly.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

servers seem hosed today

AugustusLove
Mar 27, 2010
Everything seems laggy today. I couldn't cook anything without some lag.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Uh oh, looks like my habit of waiting till the last day to do spiral abyss is finally gonna bite me in the rear end lmao

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I use atk sands, but tend to choose artifacts with some ER substats over similar pieces, even if they have lower crit and attack substats. I think she ends up at around 140-150 ish ER?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

New abyss cycle is tomorrow btw. Including the long-awaited long-dreaded shitwolf.

Kale
May 14, 2010

No Wave posted:

New abyss cycle is tomorrow btw. Including the long-awaited long-dreaded shitwolf.

I call him the Golden Shitlord personally. BTW why the gently caress does Raiden's Mussou Isshin mode not seem to negate the Electro Cicin Mage's big floating death taser attack? Anyway gently caress gotta get cracking on my Abyss Run.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'm pretty sure like any other elemental thing you need to react with the electro cicin shield to weaken it. infamous never-user of electro and i have never had issues taking it down without needing to wait much of it out.

e: wiki confirms, apparently it's 8 GU of electro but since it decays quickly you should only need a couple strong elemental applications to break it

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Kale posted:

I call him the Golden Shitlord personally. BTW why the gently caress does Raiden's Mussou Isshin mode not seem to negate the Electro Cicin Mage's big floating death taser attack? Anyway gently caress gotta get cracking on my Abyss Run.

You mean the Mode Immunity or not removing the Mage Shield?
The immunity is strictly to Electro Charged Reaction damage not Electro in general and the shield works like any element shield so electro does noting much to it.

Her Immunity is mostly so she can Burst anywhere in the vicinity of Water and not gently caress herself over

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

MadHat posted:

Her Immunity is mostly so she can Burst anywhere in the vicinity of Water and not gently caress herself over

I really wish Yae had this all the time, because using her anywhere near water at all is really dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Anybody here have any first hand experience with the Rosaria/Shenhe/Xiangling/Bennett reverse melt comp? I'm working on a thing and I realized that I've been brute forcing everything with the Shenhe C1 that I ended up pulling, so I don't actually know the best rotation (whoops). It's kind of a huge nightmare trying to sync up everyone's CDs seeing as how nobody matches with anybody else. I kinda wanna give up and pin everything to a 20 second rotation honestly.