Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

haveblue posted:

You don't even have to piss, just come out in a swimsuit and do a cannonball

Give 'em the ol Caddyshack and slip some Baby Ruths into the pool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Beyond that, she definitely would have been the subject of "sleeping with the boss" rumors because people are idiots

I wouldn't call them idiots for believing that.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

haveblue posted:

You don't even have to piss, just come out in a no swimsuit and do a cannonball
Agreed.

edgeman83 posted:

But she is sleeping with her boss. This kind of thing is the reasons places with enough employees to have an HR department don't allow you to do that.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Cthulu Carl posted:

Saunter out while they're loving and piss in the pool.

It's your pool, you can piss in it if you want to.

This may be the correct action based on our old favorite "Hot Tub Piss Girl" , that went full nuclear

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Split the difference, make like little Johnny and piss off the diving board.

quantumwell posted:

This may be the correct action based on our old favorite "Hot Tub Piss Girl" , that went full nuclear

Was this "piss tub divorce machine" that was our thread title for a while?

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

edgeman83 posted:

Yeah I guess I worded it wrong because I was trying to tiptoe around the inherent sexism (wherein a guy would be lauded for it and a woman would be shamed)

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITA for not splitting my Hershey’s bar

Imagine being this petty of an rear end in a top hat, and over a vomit chocolate bar, of all things

ESH

TengenNewsEditor
Apr 3, 2004

I know you are just taking a shot at Hershey's but lol that we made it to both sidesing stealing candy from a baby

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012
Isn't loving in your neighbors pool public indecency, or something?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Despite his inability to unwrap a vomit chocolate bar, I don't think OP's colleague is an actual baby.

Nebrilos posted:

Yes, but OP's neighborhood has an HOA, and his neighbors are boomers so they are probably wealthy and white, so cops just tell OP "sounds like a civil matter" and will not help them despite this being a violation of many laws (trespassing, breaking and entering, lewd behavior, indecent exposure, etc)

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Nebrilos posted:

If the cops won't prosecute it, does it matter?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

Cthulu Carl posted:

Saunter out while they're loving and piss in the pool.

It's your pool, you can piss in it if you want to.

I mean I understand not wanting to confront someone but holy poo poo grow a spine and humiliate them or start having nighttime swims when they are in it or just do anything except post meekly about it on Reddit.

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR
You know a couple of pages back when there was post about doxxing a band member over an old tattoo? The old Johnny Dick Swastika story? Well...

Neighborhood Brats drop off PEARS tour due to doxxing of Bass Player

Probably just a funny coincidence, but they refuse to say what the tattoo this guy has actually is so it's 100% a swastika tattoo off some kind.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

B-Rock452 posted:

Lol this person rocks so hard. Loving that the shithead coach just completely torched his life by being a sexist racist rear end in a top hat

I award him the 'hosed around, found out' trophy, to be his until we find someone more deserving.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

I didn’t see the word “tour” in this headline the first time I read it and assumed this was someone angrily ranting about how the local kids found out they were a racist who doxxed someone and put a ton of pears on their front step.

Glad to be wrong, but also a tiny bit disappointed.

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

Non Krampus Mentis posted:

I didn’t see the word “tour” in this headline the first time I read it and assumed this was someone angrily ranting about how the local kids found out they were a racist who doxxed someone and put a ton of pears on their front step.

Glad to be wrong, but also a tiny bit disappointed.

Yeah, sounds like someone has a swastika tattoo they won't own up to. We were all young but we didn't all get a swastika tattoo, so there is some comeuppance to be had for your decision.

quantumwell
Jun 22, 2013

Invisible Clergy posted:

Split the difference, make like little Johnny and piss off the diving board.

Was this "piss tub divorce machine" that was our thread title for a while?

Yes, indeed it was. A classic, don't have a group pee session on your new wife.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Your wife of any amount of time!

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

teen witch posted:

Neighbors keep sneaking into my pool to have sex.

However the solution imo is to put bright security lights that shine on the pool.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for telling my wife she should get a nose job?

quote:

I (31 M) love my (30 F) wife, we’ve been married for 3 years and there’s nothing I would change about her except that she’s really insecure about her nose and that she get aggressive over it when I try to comfort her.

For as long as I remember, she has always hated her nose and mentions it everyday and when I would try to comfort her and tell her it’s beautiful and she doesn’t have to change anything, she would get aggressive and yell that I’m a liar. 2 weeks ago she got a raise at her job and today she suggested the idea of getting a nose job. I said that if she’s that insecure about it to the point that it’s affecting her mental health then she should get it done.

She got extremely upset over this and said that I should’ve said no to the idea. She left the house to go to her mother’s and I haven’t been able to get in touch with her since. AITA?

:psyduck:

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pomme de Terror posted:

Laffo, Ive dated a person like this. Key suffix is -ed!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pomme de Terror posted:

Reminds me of a joke.

A rabbit goes to a bar, and asks: "do you have any carrot cake?"
The bartender says "no."
The rabbit leaves.

The next day, the rabbit again goes to the same bar, and asks: "do you have any carrot cake?"
The bartender, annoyed, says "no."
The rabbit leaves.

The day after that, rabbit once more goes to the same exact bar, and asks, again: "do you have any carrot cake?"
The bartender again says "no."
The rabbit leaves.

This goes on, until, when the rabbit comes the next weekend and asks, "do you have any carrot cake?", the bartender says "yes! We just got some fresh from the bakery!"
And the rabbit says: "isn't it gross?"

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Pomme de Terror posted:

Change the locks and don’t look back.

hallo spacedog
Apr 3, 2007

this chaos is killing me
💫🐕🔪😱😱

odiv posted:

Your wife of any amount of time!

I mean unless she asks you to and it's your thing. But not on your unwilling wife, no.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

AITA for eating junk food in the morning?

quote:

I(F19) work nights. I usually go to sleep around 10 in the morning and wake up at 6:30. So obviously my sleep schedule is the opposite of my family. This has been causing issues.

My father hates that I spend the day sleeping. Not sure what I’m supposed to do about that. He’s constantly getting mad at me for wasting my days.

Today, my father woke up at 6:30 in the morning. I was sitting at the kitchen table doing some homework with a pop and chocolate bar on the table. He was PISSED. He told me that I was being unhealthy and that I need to grow up. He said that it was way too early that.

I tried telling him I had already been up for 12 hours, but he did not care. He thinks I’m an idiot and that I’m going to get sick.

AITA for eating unhealthy things early in the morning?

quote:

Lol my father drinks an 8-pack of beer 5/6 nights a week and is unemployed

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Father's right for the wrong reasons. Third shift work is bad for your physical, mental, social, and career health in most cases.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
People who don't understand night shift work and berate you for living out of synch should be awoken at 3am every night to see how they loving feel.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Father's right for the wrong reasons. Third shift work is bad for your physical, mental, social, and career health in most cases.

It owns if you're a night owl, or so I'm told.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It owns if you're a night owl, or so I'm told.

It does not.

The one that does own though is the shift that ends between 12am - 2 -3 am though.

Thats the sweet spot.

Non Krampus Mentis
Oct 17, 2011

Scrungus Bungus from the planet Grongous

edgeman83 posted:

Yeah, sounds like someone has a swastika tattoo they won't own up to. We were all young but we didn't all get a swastika tattoo, so there is some comeuppance to be had for your decision.

I was really hoping the comeuppance involved a truckload of actual pears being dumped on this person’s doorstep and driveway so they couldn’t leave without having to wade through a ton of fruit. Fruit-based acts of spite own

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I work 11pm to 7am and my natural sleep schedule matches this. It is, in fact, pretty nice as long as I don't need to get to, like, a doctors appointment or anything.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Mx. posted:

AITA for eating junk food in the morning?

My parents were very keen on there being Appropriate Times to eat certain foods and would get pretty upset when I deviated from them.

Like eating eggs at breakfast was okay, because Eggs Are Breakfast. Eating toast alongside them was okay for the same reason.

They would get upset if I put my eggs on the toast and turned it into a sandwich, because SANDWICH IS LUNCH!

I have now moved far away into a country that eats sandwiches for breakfast.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Okay, so I know you said didn't like the show after about seven hours of watching it, but I promise the next seven hours will change your mind.

Has this, in the history of the world, like dick pics, ever ever loving worked?

I mean I am guilty as gently caress of being the person who hated watching the poo poo my friend wouldn't shut up about, and I kept on watching it because she insisted it was the best ever, but no, another few episodes of Death Note or Legend of Korra will not make me love this poo poo.

No, neither will yammering on and on about the plots and names of characters and switching between the English and Japanese versions of names before laughing and saying how you are learning Japanese from this Super Cool Anime that is not like any other anime or show ever!

AITA for calling out someone for getting fast food delivered for his kids to eat during a wedding?

quote:

My friend A (30sF) got married last week. She and her husband M are both mixed and their families are of different races and religions, and so to honour everyone, they planned to have 3 ceremonies. Needless to say, it took forever to plan and then the panini threw a wrench in the works. By the time of the last wedding, she'd already gotten married and had gone through 2 long, multi-day ceremonies, so she and her husband were really eager to be done with it all.

The last ceremony was held at a banquet hall, and my friends and I were all so busy catching up with each other because we hadn't seen a few of them in months/years that it took a while for us to realize there was a delay. By that time over an hour had passed, and the other guests - including the kids - were bored and restless. When we were nearing the 2h mark, the kids' complaints of being hungry became loud. Understandable since the meal should've been served by now per the schedule. When our repeated texts and calls remained unanswered, several of the parents opted to get food for their kids via delivery.

A few minutes later the ceremony started with no explanation for the delay, and though everyone else cancelled their orders, Z, M's family friend, did not, and the delivery guy arrived during the ceremony. Thankfully the venue staff prevented the delivery guy from walking in, but that apparently only pissed Z off since he huffily walked out, not bothering to be quiet, and then, rather than leaving the food with the staff or storing it in his car, he walked back in with a bag of fast food in hand. Just as A and M were about to exchange vows. His kids then dove into it with gusto and the other kids naturally began to complain, and unfortunately all of this made enough of a ruckus that my friends and I couldn't hear the vows being exchanged. The entire ceremony lasted only a few more minutes so the kids were still eating when the staff began to serve the food.

Needless to say, we were upset at the long, unexplained delay and that we missed the most important part since Z could've either waited until the vows were exchanged before returning given he didn't care whether he could hear it, or at least didn't walk in with food knowing the meal would be served shortly. But when we voiced our complaints to Z, he screamed at us then stormed off. M's family told us it wasn't our place to complain, A's family were more upset at the scene "we'd caused," and since this was the last ceremony, A and M didn't really care though they eventually told us they were sorry we missed hearing the personal vows they'd exchanged.

Honestly, the entire thing left a rather sour taste in our mouths so we quietly left. A later texted us and said she was hurt that we left so soon after causing a scene, and now several of us are wondering if we're the assholes since she really has been going through a lot.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

I mean I am guilty as gently caress of being the person who hated watching the poo poo my friend wouldn't shut up about, and I kept on watching it because she insisted it was the best ever, but no, another few episodes of Death Note or Legend of Korra will not make me love this poo poo.

No, neither will yammering on and on about the plots and names of characters and switching between the English and Japanese versions of names before laughing and saying how you are learning Japanese from this Super Cool Anime that is not like any other anime or show ever!

AITA for calling out someone for getting fast food delivered for his kids to eat during a wedding?

Usually for anything that has some pretty weak early episodes/1st season then basically completely changes. At that point its more like "yeah, you need context for the rest of the series if you really want to watch this"

Also works in reverse, like how many people pretend Dexter doesn't exist past season 4, and for some people even season 2.

OhAreThey
Oct 12, 2012

I like your nurse's uniform, guy.

Propaniac posted:

From AAM:

New hire keeps kneeling in front of me

The kinky dude who sat in a dog bed when his family unexpectedly dropped by got a new job. Good for him!

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Cowslips Warren posted:

It's not supposed to "work" as in change the target's mind about a show, it's a derailing strategy. We saw it a lot in the old :tvtropes: mock threads.

"I don't like [show.]"
troper: "But how can you know if you ever even triiiiiied it?"
"I've heard about it and it doesn't sound like the kind of thing I'd like/this or that specific aspect of it sounds bad/ I don't really like works in that genre or medium at all even if they are the best examples in their field so I don't want to watch it."
troper"Try it and you may!"
"Fine since you won't shut the gently caress up about it."
(after x episodes)
"As I surmised, I do not like this show."
troper"Well, of course not, the first x episodes aren't good. It doesn't start to get good until y episodes in, you HAVE to watch it until then!"
"Fine"
(after y episodes)
"Nothing has substantially changed, or if it has, it has not changed the fundamental traits I dislike about this show."
troper"Well if you think it was so awful, why did you watch so much of it then? You must have secretly liked this objectively good thing all along but you're too stubborn to admit you were wrong. My work here is done :smuggo: "

Empty people who conflate media consumption with personal identity tend to take a rejection of their otaku poo poo as an attack against them individually, so this kind of thing will happen regardless of what someone who doesn't like anime/video games/baseball/whatever does as a defense.

What sucks is when people have these attitudes about things that are actually good and end up driving away people who would've actually enjoyed the product in the first place. If people like this hound me to watch whatever the global entertainment monopoly shat out this month, my body reflexively avoids it out of spite.

I think of it a lot like food, where a lot of the same kinds of people espouse really similar attitudes. If an acquaintance is a vegetarian, it does not affect your life in any way. No, they haven't just failed to try meat from this specific restaurant. No, them being a vegetarian isn't an assault on you saying they're better than you. Some people have tried meat and don't like it. They do not want you to stop eating meat. Really, no one cares.

pentyne posted:

Usually for anything that has some pretty weak early episodes/1st season then basically completely changes. At that point its more like "yeah, you need context for the rest of the series if you really want to watch this"

Also works in reverse, like how many people pretend Dexter doesn't exist past season 4, and for some people even season 2.

This is always annoying too. If a self-professed fan of something acknowledges the first x episodes (or even whole seasons!) of a product are not good, why can't they ever just suggest a new viewer skip them and either catch them up on what transpires in them if it's a plot-focused show or suggest a good wiki that covers this information? When recommending jojo to people, I'm aware a lot of people find "phantom blood" boring. Even if I personally don't feel that way, I'll usually give them a quick logline of "phantom blood" and say they can watch it if it sounds like something they'd enjoy but if it doesn't, they can skip ahead and just start with "battle tendency" and either give them the rundown of the 2 or 3 important plot points to know from "phantom blood" or link them to the wikipedia page. It's ok to acknowledge things you like have flaws. It's kind of important, actually.

The latter is really helpful. If you can find fans who know some parts of a show are bad and after the fact can tell you what to skip, it's a real time saver, plus it means you've found someone who doesn't treat the seventh season of "gilmore girls" or whatever as a foundational aspect of their personality.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Mar 1, 2022

hydroceramics
Jan 8, 2014
I know the thread title just changed, but this has to be a front runner for the next one:

This man is very stupid. He is a man but acts like a dog

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Sisal Two-Step posted:

AITA for switching food with my wife at a wedding?

???

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

haveblue posted:

You don't even have to piss, just come out in a swimsuit and do a cannonball

Turn off the filter and pour a pint of chili oil in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

AITA for putting my period blood in my moms plants before consulting her first.

quote:

I (21F obviously) read an article about how diluting period blood with water can act as a fertilizer and help nourish plants. Recently my mom’s fiancé who currently lives in another state gave her 5 plants that he had for over 6 months. After a while of having the plants they were slowly wilting, and my mom looked devastated because her and her fiancé didn’t know what she could do to save the plants. When my period started, I decided that I would try it out to see if it would work because I knew my mom would probably throw them out anyways. A couple weeks go by, and it actually worked and my mom was really happy, and told her fiancé that they’re lively again.

At dinner, I brought up the reason that the plants are healthy again is because I tried a remedy of using my period blood with water. My mom was appalled, and she immediately went off on me and told me how disgusting it was, and how unsanitary it is. She threw all the plants out and called her fiancé immediately sobbing on the phone. (I was actually shocked because my mom is a free spirit hippie that loves natural remedies). I stood there awkwardly as she cussed me out to her fiancé. He was angry and said that I should’ve consulted my mom first because what I did was inappropriate and “voodoo” (he’s very religious). Anyways my sisters are divided about this. One sister is on my moms side agreeing that it’s unsanitary and ruins the gift of the plants to my mom, and my other sister is on my side saying I saved her plants, and that women have been doing this for a long time. What do you think?

Edit: ITA
(added para breaks)

I initially thought it said "pants" and thought I'd have to look elsewhere for content, but this is unhinged in a different way.