Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: Holding Invaders Accountable

Ted Rall posted:

The United States doesn’t have much moral high ground to criticize Russia’s incursion into Ukraine considering the fact that it constantly violates the sovereignty of other independent nations with drone attacks, airstrikes, CIA coups and outright invasions and occupations.

First Dog on the Moon: War is really bad – and not just this one – all of them – is the world going to end?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I'd assume that all the "Putin sitting at the opposite end of a nuked chessboard" cartoonists are not aware how poorly the war is going for Russians? They lost as many tanks as they did in 10 years of Afghan War, a lot of their troops surrendered, they are outmatched in the cyberspace and battlefield intelligence etc... I know that Big Bad Russia makes for better imagery and ultimately politoons are a visual medium but cmon guys.

Is the US news coverage of the war like this? Because here in EU we get more stories of Ukraininan success, one of which is that they are still fighting at all.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Trapezium Dave posted:

Almost

axolotl farmer posted:

Calling it, Rall's going to do the whattaboutism defense for Russia

D-shill 1: Russia invaded the Ukraine, how terrible

D-shill 2: Totally unjustified, unlike when the US invaded the Philippines, Guam, Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Panama, Grenada, Nicaragua, Iraq, Bosnia, Afghanistan...

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Kikas posted:

I'd assume that all the "Putin sitting at the opposite end of a nuked chessboard" cartoonists are not aware how poorly the war is going for Russians? They lost as many tanks as they did in 10 years of Afghan War, a lot of their troops surrendered, they are outmatched in the cyberspace and battlefield intelligence etc... I know that Big Bad Russia makes for better imagery and ultimately politoons are a visual medium but cmon guys.

We're at DEFCON 2 because Putin has ordered the nuclear brigades to prepare. Showing Putin at the opposite end of a nuked chessboard is 100% accurate regardless of what's happening in the ground war.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jedit posted:

We're at DEFCON 2

[Citation needed]

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
what the gently caress is with bidens left hand? i mean try a little rall

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Buddy if you're waiting for Rall to make an effort we'll be here all decade.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I feel free enough to toxx that there's not going to be nuclear exchange

and if I'm wrong, won't be needing an account anymore as I'll be headed as deep into the woods as i can go

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Despera posted:

what the gently caress is with bidens left hand? i mean try a little rall

It's been grafted to his right shoulder

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Trapezium Dave posted:

"Kyryzstan". Jesus Christ Rall.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

I mean even by political cartoon standards that's a pretty inaccurate attempt at Clinton. Try harder, please.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Why draw the hat way oversized if you're not going to have it comically down around his eyes! And also, the USSR collapsed like, 3 decades ago, they've got different hats now.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor
I'd say we should have a "Most Anachronistic Use of Soviet Icongraphy to Represent Modern Russia" Kategory, but... they all loving do it.

In this thread, I've already learned to process the hammer and sickle as "person who wants to improve society somewhat" or "believes and does the exact same things as Republicans, but is a Democrat" and now I've got a whole different wrong thing to look out for? Who's got time for that?!

After The War fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Feb 28, 2022

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Poots still fits in the second category, if you replace "democrat" with "foreigner."

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Rall realized that he had drawn Bush to look too cool and in a rush of panic he added the fangs and snot.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Disappointed in the lack of backwards Rs

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the defence of Ukraine – Reports suggest the capital, Kyiv, is encircled by Russian forces, but an attack on the country’s second largest city, Kharkiv, has been repelled"

Telegraph:

Vladimir Putin puts Russia's nuclear deterrence forces on high alert over Nato's 'unfriendly' sanctions

Independent:

Times:

Changes to UK visa rules for Ukrainians called ‘shameful’ by Labour

Evening Standard:

Volodymyr Zelensky: Ukraine’s president was the voice of Paddington

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trapezium Dave posted:

I wish

Locking up all our own war criminals would be a tremendous boost to our credibility in the eyes of the world

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I was thinking about Garrison's latest cartoon last night. One of the things he claims is that part of the reason gas prices are so high is due to Biden's actions to outlaw fossil fuels and push for green energy. Now I could just say Garrison is making poo poo up, it's completely false, but I'll be charitable, because Biden has done one thing that you could say is proof of what Garrison is saying, if you stretch a bit. That is, Biden signed an EO to purchase electric cars for use by the federal government to replace gasoline powered vehicles.

Let's assume Ben's claim is true. Let's say that part of the reason for rising gas prices is that the oil companies went "Oh no, we won't be able to get any revenue from gas sales to government vehicles anymore, this will ruin us! We'll have to raise the price of gas more to make up for it!" This would mean that government vehicles being gas powered is absolutely vital to the economy. In fact, if you think about it logically, that would mean that the more government vehicles there were driving around, the more gas they'd use, and that would cause gas prices to drop. Hell, taking that into account, one of the best things the government could do to reduce gas prices would be to pay people to just drive around all day. Not to actually go anywhere, not to do anything, but purely to use up gas to buy more to reduce its price.

Of course, just paying people to drive around, for no reason, to do nothing would be one of the greatest wastes of government spending that you could possibly have, and that's not even getting into the increased pollution, but it's funny to me that even if you want to be charitable and say that Garrison is correct about this talking point, even then the solution is "more government action/spending," the exact opposite of his beliefs.

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

is that a loving star of david in the last panel of Sunday’s strip?

It's ambiguously a Star of David or the settings icon of a phone. Since the category seems to be "smartphone icons" and not "thing the author thinks are bad", I think he should be handed this one.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Cat Puke posted:

It's ambiguously a Star of David or the settings icon of a phone. Since the category seems to be "smartphone icons" and not "thing the author thinks are bad", I think he should be handed this one.

Quick correction on this post, regarding the man who drew a Jewish devil at Evil School teaching that banking was enslaving the common folk: you do not, in fact, "gotta hand it to him."

Cat Puke
Apr 15, 2017
Fair

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

I still don't really understand what the hell that Sinfest Sunday strip was trying to say.

I don't mean that in some ironic "Ishida sucks" sort of way. I really don't get it.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

oobey posted:

I still don't really understand what the hell that Sinfest Sunday strip was trying to say.

I don't mean that in some ironic "Ishida sucks" sort of way. I really don't get it.

I think devil school is teaching the devil kids about how they're creating the next gen humans that can be controlled like video game characters thanks to the mind control chips in the vaccine

E: which are connected to 5G towers obviously

In other words it's basically a Dees

VitalSigns fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Feb 28, 2022

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

VitalSigns posted:

I think devil school is teaching the devil kids about how they're creating the next gen humans that can be controlled like video game characters thanks to the mind control chips in the vaccine

E: which are connected to 5G towers obviously

In other words it's basically a Dees

Oh. Duh. Yes, I see now.

Thank you.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

There are massive floods in south-east Queensland and northern NSW. ‘Isn’t this the role of government?’: Peter Dutton panned for setting up fundraiser for flood victims (Guardian). "Critics mock on social media but Scott Morrison says he doesn’t understand backlash".

Lethbridge:

Queenslanders urged not to ditch masks despite mandate lifting (Brisbane Times).

Rowe:

Brown 1:

Brown 2:

Knight:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

lol you'd expect by now drinky duck has learned not to make predictions of what will dominate the news cycle two weeks from now

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

oobey posted:

Hello this is your routine "poo poo you put up with as a trans person on the internet."

One of the latest hotness things in the transphobia field, as seen in such outstanding journalistic outlets such as Quillette, The American Conservative, Catholic World Report, and American Humanist, is that transgender people are actually a cover for transhumanism. Because if you can accept that people can change gender, you also automatically accept that they can change their bodies in extreme and radical ways, becoming more than human.

This of course is all a ploy. Because if you accept to become "more," then (((they))) will basically own every part of your body and be able to shut it down at will, so you'll be forced to do (((their))) bidding, thus breeding a new generation of slaves.

Either that, or its the mark of the devil. Or sometimes both at the same time.

Yes, this is an actual thing (some) transphobes believe. I'm not even kidding.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Feb 28, 2022

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Mikl posted:

Hello this is your routine "poo poo you put up with as a trans person on the internet."

One of the latest hotness things in the transphobia field, as seen in such outstanding journalistic outlets such as Quillette, The American Conservative, Catholic World Report, and American Humanist, is that transgender people are actually a cover for transhumanism. Because if you can accept that people can change gender, you also automatically accept that they can change their bodies in extreme and radical ways, becoming more than human.

This of course is all a ploy. Because if you accept to become "more," then (((they))) will basically own every part of your body and be able to shut it down at will, so you'll be forced to do (((their))) bidding, thus breeding a new generation of slaves.

Either that, or its the mark of the devil. Or sometimes both at the same time.

Yes, this is an actual thing (some) transphobes believe. I'm not even kidding.

So you're saying that transgender people aren't the cyborgs from Metal Gear Rising?

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

God I loving wish. Can you even imagine? Being able to detach, reattach, and replace body parts at will? That would be amazing. I would actually be able to hand conservative cartoonists my genitals and tell them to gargle my entire cock and balls while I go do something else.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Imagine The Culture style body modification abilities. And these nutcases think that's a bad thing.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Oh yeah to be clear I'm absolutely in favour of transhumanism, as long as you don't hand the reins of the whole thing to capitalism. Ya wanna change your body? Go right ahead, my friend.

It's just that it's amusing (and a bit sad) seeing fundies throwing a shitfit over it. It's at least partly related to old religious stuff, the inviolability and sacredness of the human body, yadda yadda yadda. Same stuff they use against trans people.

Whatever. Gimme my cyberdick.

Mikl fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Feb 28, 2022

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's weird how many internet dipshits love transhumanism as a concept but hate trans people. I know there are a lot of obvious reasons for it, like nerds needing people to punch down at, ingroups and ongroups, decades of sexual bigotry, and so on. But it is, on its face, so blatant a betrayal of what they actually believe, if anything.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

How dare you use technology to give yourself a robo dick/clit/user interface

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
But those are a user interface...

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

it does look a bit more like a gear in the second-last row - i wouldn't have thought Ishida would have gotten to the level of Stonetoss-style judaism references quite yet, though the guy rolled down the slope from swerf to terf to vax denial with such gusto who can even say at this point

Atahualpa
Aug 18, 2015

A lucky bird.

This is from several pages ago and it's a really minor thing but... why on earth are there pictures of what appear to be Mitt Romney and Richard Nixon hanging on the wall of the classroom? Like, I could understand if Varvel put Stacey Abrams or something there because at least it would be relevant to the comic.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Vib Rib posted:

It's weird how many internet dipshits love transhumanism as a concept but hate trans people. I know there are a lot of obvious reasons for it, like nerds needing people to punch down at, ingroups and ongroups, decades of sexual bigotry, and so on. But it is, on its face, so blatant a betrayal of what they actually believe, if anything.

In the metaverse you can be anything you want that fits into strict gender roles

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Vib Rib posted:

It's the same with rawling: You want to create a world where someone can do anything they can imagine except change the way they present to the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Lalo Alcaraz

Robert Ariail

Steve Benson

Not one of the ones I would normally expect to see a 'commu-nazi' from.

Tim Campbell

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

John Deering

Al Goodwyn

Bob Gorrell

Way to color inside the lines.

Phil Hands

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Gary Markstein

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Marshall Ramsey

Scott Stantis

Tom Stiglich

Goblin Putin

Gary Varvel

Tony Branco

quote:

Back to the Future Obama ridiculed Romney’s Russia warning in 2012 during their presidential debate, and now?