Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

yea ok posted:

isn't it more fun to find that stuff out rather than being told it? for a game that's so geared towards exploration and stumbling upon things, explicit directions seem to go against the nature of that particular beast. its my 2 cents.

Yeah I'm pretty much flat ignoring everyone right now because of how great the exploration in this game is. I want to make a journal and compare everything I find to other players once I'm 1000 hours in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

isn't it more fun to find that stuff out rather than being told it? for a game that's so geared towards exploration and stumbling upon things, explicit directions seem to go against the nature of that particular beast. its my 2 cents.

There’s something to be said about a big, non linear game like this inviting conversations among friends. I bet you hang out at parks shaming children for swapping Pokémon tips, you sick gently caress.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I do about half completely blind and half among friends. I’m saving a few things for myself but load screen guy was too handsome and charming, had to know.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i'm glad that one guy attacks you so i could kill him. no spoilers

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

alright this one hooked me

the psychological aspect of knowing if you get bored of throwing yourself at a boss you can just go find something else, get stronger and find cool new poo poo, and come back to wreck them helps a lot. twice tonight I told myself "last try then we'll go to those ruins" and finally beat them both times

then the one point of endurance I put in allowed me to use slightly sturdier armor without sacrificing my roll and that felt almost as good as beating the boss

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

broke: playing Elden Ring
woke: playing Tsugunai - Atonement

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Critical posted:

alright this one hooked me

the psychological aspect of knowing if you get bored of throwing yourself at a boss you can just go find something else, get stronger and find cool new poo poo, and come back to wreck them helps a lot. twice tonight I told myself "last try then we'll go to those ruins" and finally beat them both times

then the one point of endurance I put in allowed me to use slightly sturdier armor without sacrificing my roll and that felt almost as good as beating the boss

Summoning being streamlined also is going to open up these games to a lot of people. it’s just easier to learn the attack patterns when it’s not you being attacked.

Often I’ll summon a few times and lose just to get a better view of the attacks and then solo the boss with minimal issue. Jellyfish owns and the group of bumbling warriors is hilarious to send to their doom.

This is the happiest i’ve been in a while sorry if it’s kind of annoying!

you can parry magic attacks with a certain shield and the attacks ricochet back into the enemies it’s so sick

Eat My Fuc fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Feb 28, 2022

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Omg the summoning is so much better now. Literally a pool. You can't help but be summoned or find friends to help you. And also the single player summons rule and help a lot

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

How would you even begin to conceive the snap emote is the right tool

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

There’s something to be said about a big, non linear game like this inviting conversations among friends. I bet you hang out at parks shaming children for swapping Pokémon tips, you sick gently caress.

I don't hang out at parks. I don't do that, and don't say I do that. This is your final warning before I escalate.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

not since the trial

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Beat Godrick on my first try thanks to big sorcery power and summons. I have killer melee with carian slash but that’s for the pawns to engage in. Real lords throw purple gravity powered rocks at their foes.

I explored a bit just to see how big the map was and the answer is yeah, very

This game is the most legible of all the souls games so far. Like I have not had a hard time at all kind of figuring out what to do to make my character effective or how to interact with the npcs and world with positive results. Hard to explain but it’s just nice.

Captain Magic fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Feb 28, 2022

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I had very little time to play over the weekend, but I'm about 10-12 hours in and I'm still finding bosses and fun stuff all throughout Limgrave. What a joy.

My most recent death was due to a massive bear that appeared in a puff of smoke and it chased me and it mauled me.

Penguin Patrol fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Feb 28, 2022

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Omg I found the weapon that GRRM designed. I won't say anything more than you'll know it when you see it.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

coconono posted:

How else would you get someone with dog style hearing's attention than with a clicker

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

coconono posted:

Santa tells you what to do when he gives you the emote, I haven't been back to do the last step but I'd gotten that far

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Shard posted:

Omg I found the weapon that GRRM designed. I won't say anything more than you'll know it when you see it.

Mugen-style artifacted jpg of the entire Iron Throne that your guy wields as a sword, which is not animated and does not match up with its hit boxes in any way

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT BRO

Also check this poo poo out

https://twitter.com/Shard01464880/status/1498442792078483460

Shard fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Mar 1, 2022

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Y’all are going to make me end up trying out this game.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The hub of the game comes pretty deep in but there is something cool in there that I discovered but didn't draw attention to itself. Look out for a full body mirror - it lets you change your character's apperance.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shard posted:

The hub of the game comes pretty deep in but there is something cool in there that I discovered but didn't draw attention to itself. Look out for a full body mirror - it lets you change your character's apperance.

Everybody should know that room because it's where you can get free hugs, which I assume absolutely cannot possibly be leading anywhere sinister despite her job title being "Deathbed Companion" :hmmyes:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

went into elden ring blind and found myself teleported to the other side of the map via a trap treasure chest right out of the tutorial cave. Ran around getting close to one shot by monsters far above my level then decided to try and fight some anyways for 2 hours before walking back to the starting area

key points of my stupidity:
-hitting heal when i had no heals
-hitting heal when i meant to hit attack (leading to healing directly in front of an enemy)
-not remembering there is fast travel
and the best one:
-since i never met melina before this, i was unable to spend any of the thousands of runes i gained and lost on stats before getting back

most aggravating 3ish hours of gaming ive played in a while and im ready to go again

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The Bloodhound Knight in the Evergoal east of the start took me a ton of attempts, but I always felt like I was on the verge so I kept going for it. Love it when the fight super clicks and you barely take any hits on the winning attempt. Super satisfying. And I couldn't use the reward lol.

Figured I was ready for Magrit (first major boss), and ended up taking him down in about 4-5 tries. Excited to explore this castle during my next session.

Santa also gave me some intel about a howling wolf that I heard while I was in the woods. He said I should go back there and snap my fingers so I gotta remember to do that too.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Wish I had the hand speed, or the charisma, to be a magician. To do close up card tricks, cup and ball games. That could have (SHOULD have) been my life.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Hey everyone, happy Tuesday and also, never forget, gently caress Putin

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

Wish I had the hand speed, or the charisma, to be a magician. To do close up card tricks, cup and ball games. That could have (SHOULD have) been my life.

My childhood dream was to be a magician and I didn't do it. It was a mistake

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Support group zoom meetings for adult failchildren who didn’t become the magicians they dreamed of being

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Shard posted:

Hey everyone, happy Tuesday and also, never forget, gently caress Putin

Thank you. Your bravery is noted.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

NienNunb posted:

Support group zoom meetings for adult failchildren who didn’t become the magicians they dreamed of being

Sure, I'd support that! Lol. gently caress you!!

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

yea ok posted:

Sure, I'd support that! Lol. gently caress you!!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Yeah sorry about that, I haven't been able to get the heat to work up there in forever.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

You'll feel real terrible in a moment.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

lads

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
sleight of hand magic is awesome

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

graph posted:

sleight of hand magic is awesome

You never see it coming

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

elden ring posts looking like FOId docs about iraq

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shard posted:

You never see it coming

ryan hyashis ultimate matrix is bananas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kjURsDCIJws&t=72s

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

NienNunb posted:

Just pound some stats into dex and int, it’s easier then you think I bet and there’s plenty of places to grind

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

ants

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

had a new thought for the first time and started thinking about becoming a guy of that. what's the difference between a 4-seam and 2-seam fastball?