Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wheezle
Aug 13, 2007

420 stop boats erryday

Brawnfire posted:

I love the fauna of Lothal

Loth cat, loth wolf, loth bat, loth rat...

Planet of the hats loths.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Apparently "loth" is shorthand for "mammals with terrifying wide mouths, plus bird legs"

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Huh, so the depiction of elves in lothlorien of middle earth is not entirely accurate...

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Brawnfire posted:

I love the fauna of Lothal

Loth cat, loth wolf, loth bat, loth rat...

Sadly, they ended the show before the appearance of the Loth Sloth.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dave Syndrome posted:

Is that some sort of sloth/spider hybrid?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Huh, so the depiction of elves in lothlorien of middle earth is not entirely accurate...

Galadriel doesn't even braid her hair wtf

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Dave Syndrome posted:

And for this I am wroth

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

You know, I wasn't sure what people meant before when they said poo poo gets real weird in Rebels, but

poo poo gets real weird in Rebels

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Brawnfire posted:

You know, I wasn't sure what people meant before when they said poo poo gets real weird in Rebels, but

poo poo gets real weird in Rebels

Force poo poo is weird, but I kinda want a series that's more focused on it. It's the fantasy part of the sci-fantasy that doesn't get enough focus.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It's definitely unique. I liked the weird portals connected by light bridges thing, and Palpatine shooting blue flames through it while cackling lol

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Early settlers on Lothal must’ve been very boring people.

Then again they did choose the world of vast, empty grass plains.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

What I like to imagine is that they had no idea what a "cat" or "wolf" was

"Ah, there's a loth cat"
"A loth what?"
"gently caress if I know loth bro"

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Funny thing is the Lothcat is just a local variant of the Tooka, which first appeared in Clone Wars. The Tooka looks like a Lothcat but has a hairless face.

The face thing makes the Lothcat a vast improvement, imo. Also liveaction Lothcat is kinda lol.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Xelkelvos posted:

Force poo poo is weird, but I kinda want a series that's more focused on it. It's the fantasy part of the sci-fantasy that doesn't get enough focus.

I really want more mysticism in modern Star Wars—but with the caveat for every new thing we learn, I want to have two more questions. I never want the force to be fully knowable. It should be emotional, foundational mythical forces underlying the fabric of reality and destiny that you can attune to but never truly understand.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I liked it when Qui Gon got out a pair of calipers and measured Anakin's skull shape to determine his worth to the Jedi.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

The Jedi really chilled out on membership requirements after tens of thousands of them were slaughtered. Overall, I think it's for the best

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I liked it when Qui Gon got out a pair of calipers and measured Anakin's skull shape to determine his worth to the Jedi.

Is it really that odd that the ability to manipulate an energy field generated by all living things to have a biological component?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Sash! posted:

Is it really that odd that the ability to manipulate an energy field generated by all living things to have a biological component?

Yes

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Sash! posted:

yeah

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Sash! posted:

No

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Brawnfire posted:

What I like to imagine is that they had no idea what a "cat" or "wolf" was

"Ah, there's a loth cat"
"A loth what?"
"gently caress if I know loth bro"

Loth is just the space version of 'smurf'.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

feedmyleg posted:

I really want more mysticism in modern Star Wars—but with the caveat for every new thing we learn, I want to have two more questions. I never want the force to be fully knowable. It should be emotional, foundational mythical forces underlying the fabric of reality and destiny that you can attune to but never truly understand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeXZPyAEQkA

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Sash! posted:

Followup to those who said "yes":

Don you believe Shmi when she said there was no father?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cheesus posted:

Followup to those who said "yes":

Don you believe Shmi when she said there was no father?

I believed her, she didn't know that Sheev was the father.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I believe Shmi was telling Qui-Gon to gently caress off with his privilege-blind bullshit.

She was a slave, with a literal bomb in her head. All alone on a lawless planet, who had a child and for some reason didn't want to talk about it.

Who knows what horrors she'd been through. Certainly none she'd want to discuss with someone from the most privileged class in the galaxy. You know, the guy thinking about taking away the only thing she loved forever. The guy who didn't view her as enough of a person to do anything to actually help her.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Finished Rebels, on to Resistance

This Kaz kid needs to figure out a storage solution for his trophy

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Brawnfire posted:

Finished Rebels, on to Resistance

This Kaz kid needs to figure out a storage solution for his trophy

Ugh, good luck. Resistance is not great and geared to a much lower age group.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
lol rip

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Burning_Monk posted:

Apparently season 2 improved on that a bit, but I'll admit that I didn't stick around enough to find out. I was hoping Resistance was going to be another Rebels and... nope, not even a little bit.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Burning_Monk posted:

The back half of both seasons is where the series shines, but man are the first few episodes a chore to get through on repeat viewings

Just wish it was given more time to breathe and develop before it was unceremoniously axed as focus shifted to Disney+ and the development of The Mandalorian

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It's cute but it's definitely a little more cartoonish than the others. I wasn't sure if that was just setting things up and people would start getting murdered and cut into pieces and blown up when poo poo hit the fan.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I like Neeku, especially since everyone else is pretty loving sarcastic so far

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Burning_Monk posted:

Not to mention it's absolutely hideous.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Everyone posted:

Apparently season 2 improved on that a bit, but I'll admit that I didn't stick around enough to find out. I was hoping Resistance was going to be another Rebels and... nope, not even a little bit.

I watched it, well... fast forwarded a couple episodes. I wanted to know more about the innerworkings of the First Order (since we didn't really know anything about them when it came out) and it does touch on it some, but it never goes into any real depth and you really don't get much from the setting despite the "space ships go fast!", "space pirates", "Former Empire Officer now managing an outpost", and "force kids" all showing up.

And then it just ends.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Brawnfire posted:

It's cute but it's definitely a little more cartoonish than the others. I wasn't sure if that was just setting things up and people would start getting murdered and cut into pieces and blown up when poo poo hit the fan.

Ah yes the Myles and Grint moment in Rebels.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Just finished the first season of the Mandalorian.
It was a fine first season. I'd say the final episode was oddly the worst episode.
The show also suffers (though decidedly less then most recent Starwars) from the same "must show every good guy is a bad rear end and explain everything!" attitude. Like the scene with the Mandalorian smith defeating several storm troopers. Just, have her disappear and show up in a next season looking none the worse with some offhand remark that she escaped because she's a Mandalorian. Much stronger message and it allows the Storm Troopers to not look like chumps.

Also, please stop handing out Force heals to everyone Disney. That's dangerous.

I guess the thing I like best is just that it's a fairly low stakes adventure through the world. Looking forward to season 2.

Alas poor IG88, I will miss your practical babysitting.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Why would you not want storm troopers to look like chumps, in the film series where they literally always look like chumps

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

My favourite storm trooper chumping is Jedi Fallen Order. By hammering the block button when they're firing at you, you one shot most of them without even looking in their direction. Casually mow the fuckers down, then get killed by a spider.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Darth TNT posted:

Also, please stop handing out Force heals to everyone Disney. That's dangerous.

That episode actually aired a week before ROS, it set it up for the film

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

stev posted:

My favourite storm trooper chumping is Jedi Fallen Order. By hammering the block button when they're firing at you, you one shot most of them without even looking in their direction. Casually mow the fuckers down, then get killed by a spider.

I imagine that's how Australians feel.

Captain Splendid posted:

That episode actually aired a week before ROS, it set it up for the film

Interesting. The point still stands though.