Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

Be warned (or excited I guess if you like it) that Sempervive has another one of his constantly talking over Bryan and losing his breath as he tries desperately to score a point on him but seems to have forgotten what his point actually was tirades today on WOL.

thank you for the warning my friend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Dave on the latest WOR (with Garrett, not Bryan) getting very excited about the fact Tony Khan has bought the ROH library.... even though he pointed out he doesn't actually know if Tony has done that or not that but just thinks it would be cool if he did :shobon:

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also I hope Dave stops blue balling me with Dem Boys to AEW talk cos Dem Boys are my favourites and a a Briscoes/Lucha Bros match would be amazing.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dem boys vs ftr is a dream match for me

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

algebra testes posted:

I hope Dave stops blue balling me with Dem Boys to AEW talk l

yah it’s crazy

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Jerusalem posted:

Dave on the latest WOR (with Garrett, not Bryan) getting very excited about the fact Tony Khan has bought the ROH library.... even though he pointed out he doesn't actually know if Tony has done that or not that but just thinks it would be cool if he did :shobon:

Pretty sure Dave has said previously it makes no sense for Tony to buy the ROH library because they don't have a WWE Network-esque place to put it. Couple that with my dream Tony makes a deal with Warner Media to put AEW's library on HBO Max and...

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/t25e4e/i_paid_bryan_alvarez_to_review_spiderman_vs/

:sickos:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
SPIDER
MAN

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I love that he insists on using The Human Spider's actual intended ring-name :allears:

"Skinny.... horrible gimmick..."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://anchor.fm/the-proletariat-lariat/episodes/Proletariat-Lariat-Episode-4-The-Kliq-Wanted-This-Episode-Buried-e1euv5j

I don’t envy Maria who had to edit this episode; to give context we record on zencaster after zoom watching the latest Dynamite, we had a person on the zoom call and went “Hey you want to be on the podcast?” He was like “sure” so you send the emails out which take a while, that person had to go do an errand so we decided “Eh let’s get this going” so he did a wrestling style run-in just as we got to reviewing Dynamite 30 mins in (which was appropriate since that’s all he watched anyway).

Then zencaster hosed up and ended the recording early so we immediately launched another (it ended right in the middle of a discussion of the Eddie Kingston/Jericho promo) from my zencaster account and finished the show. Next day turns out DQ’s audio didn’t record so he decided to rerecord himself so as the main host of the week it’s all him just responding to the original recording.

Will say I think it’s because of our experiences as DSA members that we take stack very seriously in not talking over one another has come really handy in this pod.

Anyway next week probably going to stop reviewing Rampage and maybe open more with topics like we start out with Dax Hardword’s interview and toxic environments.

Also forgot to mention with DSA; my chapter is raising funds for Abortion access for Western PA Fund for Choice, this an annual drive and I usually join the team with gimmicks like "If you donate I'll post a cool behind the scene museum picture; for this I'll still do that but will also give a shout out on the pod (if you want one just type how you want to be shouted out) https://fund.nnaf.org/fundraiser/3736237

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I couldn't find anyone who had posted it on Youtube or anything like that so without comment here is the clip from 2015 of Dave Meltzer having the scoops on Putin

https://soundcloud.com/sam-h-599699116/best-of-2015_1-mp3/s-L7tObClzSlI?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

thank you

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I couldn't find anyone who had posted it on Youtube or anything like that so without comment here is the clip from 2015 of Dave Meltzer having the scoops on Putin

https://soundcloud.com/sam-h-599699116/best-of-2015_1-mp3/s-L7tObClzSlI?utm_source=clipboard&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=social_sharing

thank you

Danhausen stole his gimmick from this.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

ordered a cameo from Alvarez to roast a guy I know for being a creepy simp mark to women who wrestle (he used the word “simp” to describe himself and I wanted to crawl into a hole) and I am extremely curious to see what tangents he goes on related to this particular topic.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

wow no mention of the human spiders blatant homophobia. really alvarez?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Ringo Roadagain posted:

wow no mention of the human spiders blatant homophobia. really alvarez?

We’ve moved on

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/ratemyskyperoom/status/1498405786799673344?s=20&t=SWYHMDf806lS_P6K7hoiUw

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

Feels Villeneuve posted:

thank you

which russian punch sports man was feeding meltz the scoops and why is it Volk Han

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Fun Deadlock today but no Johnny keeps it from going over the top to the truly unhinged poo poo

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014
Just listened to WOL. Bryan must have been on some jetlag because god was he bad today.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Yaya posted:

Fun Deadlock today but no Johnny keeps it from going over the top to the truly unhinged poo poo

Have they said what Johnny's up to? I know he took a bit off twitch before the Rumblethon but they've been pretty quiet since wrapping that up. I guess they have a midnight 2k22 stream coming up to prep for but I hope Johnny's good :ohdear:

ToiletofSadness
Mar 27, 2010

explosivo posted:

Have they said what Johnny's up to? I know he took a bit off twitch before the Rumblethon but they've been pretty quiet since wrapping that up. I guess they have a midnight 2k22 stream coming up to prep for but I hope Johnny's good :ohdear:
dude's still tweeting on the regular :shrug:

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

he's swamped mailing out duel kiss cards & nL beanies

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

I appreciate his room even more when I saw it from a different perspective recently on a podcast. It's a huge room, and the closet was partially open with poo poo coming out of it. The aesthetic really changes from "hoarder in a studio apartment" to "rich guy's house after being raided by the cops".

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

I appreciate his room even more when I saw it from a different perspective recently on a podcast. It's a huge room, and the closet was partially open with poo poo coming out of it. The aesthetic really changes from "hoarder in a studio apartment" to "rich guy's house having been raided by the cops".

Maybe pay attention to facts and note that the room was very clean until his dog tore it up.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

MassRafTer posted:

Maybe pay attention to facts and note that the room was very clean until his dog tore it up.

How many dogs

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

1glitch0 posted:

How many dogs

Just one he's in the picture right there.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool
Also Rick Steiner

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
Lookin at that pic while listening to the Best Of bit where Dave looks around for a piece of paper

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
i cannot handle lance storm and bryan alvarez talking about this MJF promo

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
IT GETS WORSE

edit: lance storm has genuinely one of the dumbest opinions about this

bebaloorpabopalo fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Mar 2, 2022

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

i had to turn it off pretty early into the discussion and have absolutely zero interest in trying to go back to it!

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I’m at this part right now and it’s worse than I expected.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

IT GETS WORSE

edit: lance storm has genuinely one of the dumbest opinions about this

Said it before, say it again – Lance's haughty uptalk/downtalk aboot-rear end accent makes his bad fantasy booking sound even worse.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
lance owns

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

D.N. Nation posted:

Said it before, say it again – Lance's haughty uptalk/downtalk aboot-rear end accent makes his bad fantasy booking sound even worse.
I've seen quite a lot of this Kevin Dunn posting here lately.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I mean, I get where he's coming from, even if it's too strong. Plus it's just not acknowledging that a week between episodes lets people who overly obsess about wrestling (like people who'd post on a forum, or podcasters) not give it time to have someone like Punk provide all the counterarguments about how Max suffering as a kid doesn't excuse him being a lovely adult, and how spite is a bad motivator.

D.N. Nation posted:

He hasn't said it explicitly but I remember someone asking if he was booking and he implied that he knows he would make a territory boring. Back to basics routine booking doesn't work, you need twists and spice that he's not about.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sempervive was very upset about Bryan..... something something..... regarding.... NDAs? on WOL today. I have absolutely no idea what point he was trying to make, Bryan just straight up shouted,"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!" at one point. It was bizarre.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Jerusalem posted:

Sempervive was very upset about Bryan..... something something..... regarding.... NDAs? on WOL today. I have absolutely no idea what point he was trying to make, Bryan just straight up shouted,"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!?!" at one point. It was bizarre.

Think it’s mike playing into kayfabe where they act like the observer crew has great visibility into the entire industry cause they talk to wwe employees who hate their boss and will talk poo poo off the record. AEW employees tend to be less miserable so they don’t get as many scoops there.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.
It was seriously irritating. Mike, just let people have fun speculating about the big announcement. That's why you talk about there's gonna be a big announcement before you make it. To get people talking. Relax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fentry
Mar 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1499202473902297088