Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Nibellion/status/1498659703748018193?s=20&t=9GfPel67Kfzv6qcM44VCmg

the drought is over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
drat that was fast for Guardians of the Galaxy.

RadioDog
May 31, 2005

elf help book posted:

drat that was fast for Guardians of the Galaxy.

Yep. I have officially learned my lesson about buying these drat things.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

NICE

There are at least 3 games on there that I'm interested in checking out. Another win for the team.

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!
Yep. Bought Guardians in the holiday sales for ~25 or whatever it was with plans to play it in a dry spell early this year, in the meantime been playing Forza Horizon, Halo, Forbidden City, currently Horizon FW on the other console, and boom. Oh well. Least I'll have it to play whenever.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

guardians and KR0 are both good, play them
young souls looks like a potentially neat brawler rpg game

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Also: The Xbox app on PC has gotten the big update that's been in insider preview for a while, adding the ability to choose the install folder, access their files instead of having them locked away in an encrypted bunker, repair installs, and mod more games.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kaboobi posted:

didn't guardians get like a 20 on metacritic

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

Larry Parrish posted:

It has an 84.

Omnikin
May 29, 2007

Press 'E' for Medic
Didn't Lawn Mowing Simulator leave Game Pass like... five days ago

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

It got between 78-84, depending on the platform (except the Switch, which was a cloud streamed version and has a metacritic of 54, lol)

Square-Enix called it out as having underperformed in sales in a recent investor thing because Eidos Montreal are eternally cursed to be blamed for everything, so this is probably an attempt to further recoup costs.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Kins posted:

It got between 78-84, depending on the platform (except the Switch, which was a cloud streamed version and has a metacritic of 54, lol)

Square-Enix called it out as having underperformed in sales in a recent investor thing because Eidos Montreal are eternally cursed to be blamed for everything, so this is probably an attempt to further recoup costs.

Western Square is so funny, they cut the price in half a month after release and then put it on Game Pass 3 months later. They must've expected 10 billion sales on release day.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Well, Square Enix-published games do have a history of ending up on Game Pass so I thought GotG might turn up there eventually. Surprised it happened so soon though! :D

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Flight Simulator in xcloud is an interesting one...do you have to use the gamepad?

e: Yes you do. That's a shame.

TheScott2K fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 1, 2022

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

And here’s the games that are leaving:
https://twitter.com/wario64/status/1498659825068040193

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

TheScott2K posted:

Flight Simulator in xcloud is an interesting one...do you have to use the gamepad?

e: Yes you do. That's a shame.
All the games in XCloud are the console versions with a gamepad attached, probably for ease of handling controls across web browsers, phones, tablets, game consoles and the odd smart fridge. No KB+M funtimes in the cloud. :(

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Noooo dammit Phogs! My kids love that one. We haven’t cleared the beach level yet!

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Of course I decide to grab elden ring and they finally drop flight simulator and guardians.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Larry Parrish posted:

it wasn't a 20, but Avengers is the one everyone hated, not Guardians

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

priznat posted:

Noooo dammit Phogs! My kids love that one. We haven’t cleared the beach level yet!

They’ve still got 2 more weeks! And there’s the Game Pass discount if you want to buy it permanently for them.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

priznat posted:

You can still buy it. If you like your kids.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Kentucky Route Zero is a unique narrative experience that is definitely worth checking out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koGekFySn9U

Guardians is a lot of fun, great price for it.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
The FAR game has some really good reviews as well, I'm going to check it out when I'm done with Elden Ring in like 100 hours

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
KRZ is one of my favorite pieces of media, never mind just being one of my favorite games. loving stoked to hear it's coming to Game Pass.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Kaboobi posted:

Lighting Returns is good too, easily the best of the FFXIII games. Action rpg with a Majora's Mask style mechanic.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

John F Bennett posted:

You can still buy it. If you like your kids.

Eh.. :haw: that’s good to hear there is still 2 weeks for it, they’ll tire of it easily by then!

It’s fun but there are so many other gaming options I don’t think they’ll care if it goes away by then.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

KR0 ranks among the most bored I've ever been in a video game. Not for me.

frogbs
May 5, 2004
Well well well
Ugh, just missed the Series S on sale for $250 at Woot yesterday. Does it go on sale for that low elsewhere/often?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

I was expecting GotG to come to Game Pass this year, but this is earlier than I thought it would. nice.

Zerot
Aug 18, 2006

frogbs posted:

Ugh, just missed the Series S on sale for $250 at Woot yesterday. Does it go on sale for that low elsewhere/often?

Woot and CostCo have had it for $280 before, but $250 is the cheapest I've seen.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

So daily game pass rewards don't include logging into the app any more.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

They've also reduced the number of quests. If you want to hit the 1k bonus this month you have to hit every weekly as well.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

i’m ruined

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster
In the Pac-Man Arcade can you make it look like a really run down place that's really just a front for drugs?

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Ineffiable posted:

They've also reduced the number of quests. If you want to hit the 1k bonus this month you have to hit every weekly as well.
is that what that annoying "quests are ready to turn in" popup is about? is there a way i can disable that

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

That Far: Changing Tides has a nice art style but kind of a snoozer.

Akuma
Sep 11, 2001

priznat posted:

Same here! I’ll probably buy it, like the other handful of games this has happened with. Personally I barely touch GP but there’s just enough kid games…

You got me, Phil.

styls trill epic
Dec 28, 2021

by sebmojo

Smugworth posted:

Tipping back the RTIC tumbler and wishing I had the kind of clout to get a series x machine with all 8 cores humming

when there are so many win rear end games on game pass that you literally can't even

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

ColdPie posted:

KR0 ranks among the most bored I've ever been in a video game. Not for me.

It’s got a cool style but it reminded me of one of those fake political cartoons where everything is labeled DEBT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I got guardians on sale for 40 on psn last month I think and it was worth the price. Surprisingly fun and all around well made game.