Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

Its a good thing we loyal Dems got out the vote in Georgia and Saved The Republic otherwise this critical piece of legislation might not have passed:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1498465069016961024?s=21

https://twitter.com/dscc/status/146...ingawful.com%2F

:shuckyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
https://twitter.com/TheDemocrats/st...ingawful.com%2F

:byodood:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

projecthalaxy posted:

Its a good thing we loyal Dems got out the vote in Georgia and Saved The Republic otherwise this critical piece of legislation might not have passed:

https://twitter.com/therecount/status/1498465069016961024?s=21

lol feinstein couldn't be loving bothered

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dropping character for a bit, four dems did not vote yes on codifying Roe:
Warnock, Feinstein and Lujan didn't vote, which in the latter two cases (husband just died and recovering from stroke respectively) is kinda understandable (i don't know what the rules for remote or proxy voting are) while Manchin straight up voted against lol

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
It was subject to the filibuster, Lujan and Warnock (lol) also voted no

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
Dems couldn't even do the one thing they pretend to care about

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот
i'm 99% certain that obama campaigned on doing that exact thing and dropped it faster than biden dropped student debt forgiveness

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Dems are never gonna permanently fix one of the biggest issues they use to shame people into voting for them.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Zvahl posted:

i'm 99% certain that obama campaigned on doing that exact thing and dropped it faster than biden dropped student debt forgiveness

in 2008 yeah, he ran on doing it in his first 100 days lol

and then ofc it was big numbers for 2012 as well

https://twitter.com/BarackObama/status/259016127361994752

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

is pepsi ok posted:

Dems are never gonna permanently fix one of the biggest issues they use to shame people into voting for them.

I remember a lot of people saying that Republicans will never ban abortion because they'll lose their number one issue to campaign on. Turns out it was the other way around.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

is pepsi ok posted:

Correct.

It's the political version of the prosperity gospel: If bad things, like Roe getting gutted, happen, it's all your fault; you didn't give a televangelist enough of your money vote hard enough.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Fister Roboto posted:

I remember a lot of people saying that Republicans will never ban abortion because they'll lose their number one issue to campaign on. Turns out it was the other way around.

Its the same reason they actually vote as a unified bloc: the republican party actually has goals and wants to achieve those goals so they can tell their stakeholders "look we achieved your goals!"

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Zvahl posted:

Well, her husband just died, so she's in California dealing with that.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

gently caress, she's been a corpse for a decade now, not like it's ever stopped her before!

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

PeterCat posted:

sorry, i ain't attributing human-like qualities on a ghoul like diane feinstien. people are dying because of her and she needs to be bullied just as hard as rick scott if not harder.

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

IMO if you're one of the most powerful politicians in the country and a vote on what is supposedly one of your party's defining issues comes up, maybe you can put on a brave face and deal with it first. Sucks but you chose the powerful prestigious position that allegedly calls for you to put the good of your constituents ahead of your own wellbeing.

Maybe I'm just bitter because I've had to miss wakes due to work refusing to give me time off, or maybe the democrats are going to get destroyed in 2022. Hard to say.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I love the absolute garbage writing here, oh the democrats would love to save abortion but they’re thwarted by a fellow named JOE MANSION

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Zvahl posted:

Her husband did just die

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

PeterCat posted:

Mayor Dave posted:

Her husband did just die

who gives a poo poo about the petty problems of the lesser nobility, gently caress them both

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mayor Dave posted:

Her husband did just die

aw diddums. she's a piece of poo poo who deserves to spend her last days knowing just how much people hate her fuckin guts

Gene Hackman Fan has issued a correction as of 22:15 on Mar 1, 2022

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
say she and manchin both voted this is still a needs-60 issue right? so it would have been entirely performative.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
So Warnock, one of the senators voted in under the explicit campaign of giving the democrats control of the senate, voted no on abortion rights? I'm glad he's going to lose.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Thoguh posted:

So Warnock, one of the senators voted in under the explicit campaign of giving the democrats control of the senate, voted no on abortion rights? I'm glad he's going to lose.

He didn't vote no (or at all)

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

say she and manchin both voted this is still a needs-60 issue right? so it would have been entirely performative.

:ssh: no, it's all big bad manchin!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

If you win but fall short of a 60 vote win then people will demand you end the fillibuster.

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

If herschal walker wins I expect more brain damaged football men to run and win against dems because America loves dumb football men

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Uncle Wemus posted:

If herschal walker wins I expect more brain damaged football men to run and win against dems because America loves dumb football men

if your political acumen is worse than someone with chronic traumatic encephalopathy, maybe you should take the cosmic hint and find something else to be a fan of.

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
The democrats held a vote on reinstating roe v wade when there were only 48 dem senators in town because they couldn't even be bothered to pretend it was a real vote.

Zvahl
Oct 14, 2005

научный кот

Mayor Dave posted:

Her husband did just die

well, it's easier than saying the democrats as a whole couldn't be assed, because it required 60 and it was all just for show anyway

i know and she knows it's moronic political theater that would never matter and that her being there does gently caress all

but if farting and saying it smells nice is all being a democrat is about wrt one of their 'core beliefs' then i'm eager for them to get destroyed in 2022 faster

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

aw diddums. she's a piece of poo poo who deserves to spend her last days knowing just how much people hate her fuckin guts

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

docbeard posted:

He didn't vote no (or at all)

where the gently caress was he then lmfao??? got something more important to do???

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

ram dass in hell posted:

where the gently caress was he then lmfao??? got something more important to do???

https://twitter.com/SenatorWarnock/status/1498777599258021889

he was in southern atlanta meeting dogs

smug jeebus
Oct 26, 2008
To be fair, that is a better use of one's time than voting on a hopeless bill

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

30.5 Days posted:

The democrats held a vote on reinstating roe v wade when there were only 48 dem senators in town because they couldn't even be bothered to pretend it was a real vote.

it's this lmao
worthless and fake party

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Yeah, ok, that's fine.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
1. visit a dog school and hang out with cool dogs
2. visit the senate and hang out with mummified democrat senators

hmm, such a conundrum.

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

1. visit a dog school and hang out with cool dogs
2. visit the senate and hang out with mummified democrat senators

hmm, such a conundrum.

cop dog school though, big distinction

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

skipmyseashells posted:

cop dog school though, big distinction

it's not drug sniffing dogs

quote:

APHIS’ National Detector Dog Training Center (the Center) trains specially selected dogs and their human handlers to perform a vital task for our country—safeguarding America’s agricultural and natural resources from harmful pests and diseases. After graduating from training, these highly effective teams inspect passenger baggage, cargo, and parcels to detect prohibited agricultural items that could carry foreign plant pests or animal diseases into our country. If these threats were to enter the United States, they could seriously harm our country’s food crops, forests, farms, and environment—and the livelihoods of America’s farmers and ranchers.

the tweet even specifies it is for agriculture.