Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
He specified in the comments. Lara Croft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duck trucker
Oct 14, 2017

YOSPOS

It's just a control thing. I doubt he truly hates any of those names except for the fact that they were his wife's ideas instead of his own.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Batterypowered7 posted:

He's saying she might look like Lara Croft from Tomb Raider.

I have more questions

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

RenegadeStyle1 posted:

He specified in the comments. Lara Croft.

What does that have to do with him being Latino?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

No idea but all I know sure now is that this man has furiously masturbated to ps1 graphics many times

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Sisal Two-Step posted:

What does that have to do with him being Latino?
Dark hair, maybe? It's very dumb. Ciri is a bit silly of a name pick but she's also completely escalating bc he won't go with anything she picks, Yennefer is p clearly a 'video game name' but also like, just a real name, in Yenifer. I'd only balk at Ciri bc it's only ever going to be from the Witcher, but plenty of modern names started out as 'media names' so it's not a huge deal.

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry
A tale of two Rachels:

AITA for not going by not going by my name, and talking to the boss about it?Throwaway account cause I have to use real names.

quote:

My name is Rachel (26F), this is important to the story, and have worked for a smallish vet clinic/boarding/shelter since I was 14. So I technically have seniority in years on most of the other employees, even if I'm one of the youngest there.

I work the front desk area, while a different Rachel works as a vet tech. When she was first hired this caused a LOT of confusion. So to make life easier I go by a nickname. I would have gone by Ray but our main vet is Ray. Rach is a nickname I actually hate going by because it sounds like retch, and tech Rachel also goes by that. So I suggested a different nickname I use to go by in school. Rob.

This has worked for the past few years. Until we hired a new vet to help Dr. Ray. Our new vet is Dr. Robert. His first week I was on vacation so I didn't get to meet him right away. One of the vet techs texted me about him so I wouldn't be surprised to see him, and she told me that he didn't like being called Rob or Bob, just Dr. Robert. Cool, I can handle that.

A few weeks ago I went back and finally met him. I introduced myself, said my name was Rachel, but I go by Rob here to avoid confusion with other Rachel. He didn't say anything at first. However, the next few weeks we went back to the confusion of not knowing which Rachel he was calling for since he didn't call me Rob. So other Rachel would go, and he'd tell her no he was calling for me. Then we both started to come when called and he'd get mad.

On Friday he talked to me about not coming when he was calling for me, and I explained we don't know which Rachel he was calling for and to please just call me by Rob to avoid the confusion. He refused, saying I wasn't Rob though, I should be Rach or something. I told him I don't like the nickname Rach, and also other Rachel goes by that so you would be calling her but not me. He said that's fine, he'll call her Rach and I Rachel. I explained that that would only confuse us more since he'd be going against the grain and we only see him a few days a week at most. I asked if there was another nickname he'd prefer to call me, but he said no.

Saturday I asked Dr. Ray what he'd like me to do about this. Since he owns the clinic he is the boss. He seems just as confused about the situation as we are. He said for now if he calls for a Rachel, just call him on the phone and clarify what he's calling for. That way if he needs me I can go, or I can call tech Rachel and send her in. Mostly so we stop yelling in the clinic. He said this'll be short term solution while he finds a better solution.

I did this yesterday and Dr. Robert quickly asked me to stop because he was busy and couldn't answer the phone to respond. I told him Dr. Ray said this was our solution to the two Rachel's situation until further notice. He's refused to talk to me and other Rachel for the rest of the day.

AITA?

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

Can’t believe I’m siding with the lady who wants to name her kids after Dragon Age and Witcher games but that seems downright quaint given how much of an rear end in a top hat (and creep) this guy sounds like.

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
"i have to use real names so you understand the concept that we both have the same name."

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Like, Cordelia is ultimately from King Lear, more specifically the 12th-century chronicles of Geoffrey of Monmouth, not the play by Shakespeare adapted from that story. Morgan as a feminine name seems to be from, again, Geoffrey of Monmouth's versions of the Arthurian cycle, aka Morgan le Fay. Actually a lot of names in Arthurian stuff are deliberately fanciful and got popularized by stories. Ophelia is ancient Greek but rare, and these days it's just a reference to Hamlet...

I'm not saying Dragon Age is exactly like Shakespeare, I'm just saying humans have done this poo poo forever and mostly people have survived it. Alistair and Cullen are perfectly fine names and even kind of unexciting these days.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Sisal Two-Step posted:

A tale of two Rachels:

AITA for not going by not going by my name, and talking to the boss about it?Throwaway account cause I have to use real names.
Dr Robert
He's a jerk, you must believe
Calling Rachel when he needs

eh work with me here

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Sisal Two-Step posted:

A tale of two Rachels:

"Call him Rob Zombie"

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

PetraCore posted:

Like, Cordelia is ultimately from King Lear, more specifically the 12th-century chronicles of Geoffrey of Monmouth, not the play by Shakespeare adapted from that story. Morgan as a feminine name seems to be from, again, Geoffrey of Monmouth's versions of the Arthurian cycle, aka Morgan le Fay. Actually a lot of names in Arthurian stuff are deliberately fanciful and got popularized by stories. Ophelia is ancient Greek but rare, and these days it's just a reference to Hamlet...

I'm not saying Dragon Age is exactly like Shakespeare, I'm just saying humans have done this poo poo forever and mostly people have survived it. Alistair and Cullen are perfectly fine names and even kind of unexciting these days.

Um, Cordelia is actually from Buffy the Vampire Slayer. (This is a joke)

massive spider
Dec 6, 2006

PetraCore posted:

Dark hair, maybe? It's very dumb. Ciri is a bit silly of a name pick but she's also completely escalating bc he won't go with anything she picks, Yennefer is p clearly a 'video game name' but also like, just a real name, in Yenifer. I'd only balk at Ciri bc it's only ever going to be from the Witcher, but plenty of modern names started out as 'media names' so it's not a huge deal.

Ciri would be acceptable if it wasn't for apples Siri.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

massive spider posted:

Ciri would be acceptable if it wasn't for apples Siri.
Yeah, that's the issue, unfortunately. But Yennefer is alright.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
I don't know why trashy people love melting down over who gets to be in the delivery room.

Cowslips Warren posted:

AITA for calling out someone for getting fast food delivered for his kids to eat during a wedding?
These people all suck, but I'm taking Z's side regardless. Taking the piss out of someone's third wedding ceremony is funny, to me.

Halloween Jack fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Mar 1, 2022

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Evil Willow posted:

r/relationships: I (21 f) have a twin (also 21 f)

sometimes one twin is born super early and the other twin has to wait several months.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Hughlander posted:

AITA for embarrassing my mother in law infront of the family?

She once threw some of my linge

This is the most unfortunate shortening of a word, and now I can't stop thinking of a hypothetical ad campaign where somebody with an extremely ocker Australian accent yells "Get some linge on ya minge!"

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

WeaponX posted:

Can’t believe I’m siding with the lady who wants to name her kids after Dragon Age and Witcher games but that seems downright quaint given how much of an rear end in a top hat (and creep) this guy sounds like.
She really, really wanted to name daughter #2 after the alien boob paladin from Mass Effect.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Halloween Jack posted:

She really, really wanted to name daughter #2 after the alien boob paladin from Mass Effect.
This is my son, Corypheus.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

PetraCore posted:

This is my son, Corypheus.

Corypheus, make sure to look after your sister Mythal and your little brother The Dread Wolf Fen'Harel.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Halloween Jack posted:

She still comes off better, unless she specifically wanted that name because she wanted the daughter to have big boobs or something.

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Hughlander posted:

My GF likes me to go by different names

Update

This is a sad story, but it explains really why people post on Reddit and such for advice in the first place.

OP basically admits in a comment that he instantly knew what was up when he met the real Matt, and knew he was gonna have to dump her, and just was updating Reddit so he had someone to yell at his dumb rear end if he entertained the idea of forgiving her.

It's actually a good strategy to stick to your guns honestly

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

Kurieg posted:

Corypheus, make sure to look after your sister Mythal and your little brother The Dread Wolf Fen'Harel.
Can't forget Mythal's twin, Andraste.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
How do I (25F) talk to my boyfriend (30M) about money?

quote:

I found out that my boyfriend of 2.5 years makes a lot more money than I had thought. I was working in his office the other day and he had his W2 sitting out. After accounting for 401k contributions and health insurance, he makes about 175k.

We live in a Tier 2 city in the Midwest. Our cost of living isn’t outrageous, so making this much money as a single person means you are living very well.

I had no idea he makes this much money. He told me he has no savings. He bought a home in late 2020, but had to pull money from his 401k for a down payment. It’s an averagely priced home, and he told me he has to live with his current roommate or else the mortgage is a “stretch”.

I don’t really know where his disposable income is going if he has zero savings, because he doesn’t appear to live outside his means. He pays his bills, has a decent but high mileage/used car, minimal college debt, goes on a few domestic trips a year, and golfs in the summer (but no country club membership). He also likes to gamble, but I’m trying not to jump to the worst possible conclusion here.

We’ve been talking about marriage and we are going to need to have an open conversation about finances. I don’t know how to bring up this conversation- I obviously have some concerns but I don’t know if they’re unfounded. I grew up in a pretty dysfunctional/financially insecure household so I realize I have a more conservative approach to finances and generally more anxiety surrounding the topic.

Tl;dr- Bf makes a lot of money but doesn’t have any savings. Not sure how to talk to him about our finances now that we are at a point in our relationship where we are considering marriage.

Drugs?

Natty Ninefingers
Feb 17, 2011
“likes to gamble” might be doing a lot of work here.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Found this one in best of updates or whatever it’s called

My best friend gave her boyfriend “permission” to sleep with me behind my back and I am having trouble explaining why I am so upset by this

quote:

Original Title: My (30F) best friend (30F) and her boyfriend (35M) discussed his “permission” to sleep with me behind my back and I am having trouble explaining why I am so upset by this.

This is a repost. The original post is by u/ThrowRA_lovesux posted July 30th, 2021

Okay so this may be a long one. First and foremost, I am not down to read any poly-shaming. That’s not the point of this post. Polyamory is a valid dating/relationship model when done ethically and I am laying that down first and foremost. Any advice given that has the air of “but poly is gross” straight up, I am going to keep on scrolling past and not take in.

So my best friend, Cindy, and I have known each other roughly 15 years and have been roommates for 5-ish years. Cindy is poly and has 2 partners, one that lives close by and one named Mark that lives in Oregon which is pretty far from us. I knew Mark through mutual friends prior to him meeting Cindy and we actually slept together a couple times back in like 2016. He’s poly and I am monogamous, and we decided it wouldn’t work between us, but we maintain being good friends cause we get along really well. I introduced those two in 2017 (admittedly under the “….he’s poly…you’re poly….” piss poor attempt to match make) and they hit it off. In 2019, Mark had to move to Oregon for work, but they have been making it work via long distance and I am happy for them.

So in 2020, I kinda lost my mind. I had to break up with a boyfriend who was in love with someone else, I realized I hated my job, I turned 30 and felt deeply unhappy with where my life was headed. So I decided it was best for me to start living. I quit my job, found a new one that made me happy, and I started to do solo hiking adventures. I mentioned in a group chat that I always wanted to camp in Crater Lake National Park in Oregon, and Mark offered his place for me to stay at and offered to be my hiking buddy (he’s into hiking as well). Cindy hates camping/hiking/nature, but was excited for us to have fun and even helped me plan the trip, until 2 weeks ago.

Out of nowhere, Cindy was as cold as ice to me. We take turns cooking, and suddenly on her nights to cook she would only make one portion and leave me nothing. She was short in conversation, didn’t want to hang out with me in shared areas at all, and just seemed like she was pissed. I asked her if something was wrong, and she straight up ignored me. I went to mutual friends, who said they had no clue that something was wrong. Then yesterday, she invited me to a video chat with her and Mark. They told me they’ve discussed it, and I have permission to sleep with Mark on this trip.

Apparently one of the boundaries in their relationships is “neither of us can do anything with either of our partner’s friends.” Mark mentioned 2 weeks prior that he would be down to sleep with me on this trip if I was down for it, which lead to fighting between the two. Mark argued that he already slept with me previously so I “shouldn’t count” and Cindy was sternly on “she’s my best friend so no.” They reached an agreement, and were excited to tell me and I blew up at them.

So many thoughts are swirling in my head right now and I cannot even verbalize all the reasons why I am mad. It’s like my best friend and her boyfriend, someone I considered to be a good friend too, view me as a sex object in some ways but somehow worst. Sleeping with Mark wasn’t even a concept to me as he is squarely in the “best friend’s boyfriend” and “good friend” boxes in my mind. I logged off the chat, told Cindy I was too angry to look at her, and have been at a friends place for the last day. I need advice on how to convey to them when I am so angry (when I am having trouble coming up with a reason besides blind rage).

I barely want to go on this trip anymore.

TLDR: Plan a trip with my best friends boyfriend who is also my good friend. Best friend is absolutely terrible to me for 2 weeks, then says I can sleep with her boyfriend like it’s something I wanted to do all this time (spoiler alert it wasn’t). Staying with a friend and having trouble verbalizing all the reasons I am mad right now.

COMMENT FROM OOP

I think where the shock and hurt is coming from is mostly the fact that I have been treated like loving trash for the past two weeks in my own home for an issue that if anyone asked me, I could have ended with a quick “yah no that’s not going to happen.” Mark is a good friend and while he was a fun sexual partner like 5 years ago, he is squarely my roommates boyfriend in my mind and even with this “permission” I wouldn’t sleep with him. I am mad that Cindy treated me this way, I am frustrated at the apparent brainlessness on both their ends of not just talking to me, annoyed that my “sexual potential” was discussed in depth by both of them, kinda upset that a good friend may have only invited me to stay over at his place for the potential of banging me, pissed off that I am loving sleeping on a loving futon like a 21 year old cause even though Cindy was in the wrong I LEFT MY APARTMENT WHEN SHE SHOULD HAVE LEFT…..uggghh. I just have a lot going on emotionally atm.

MINI UPDATE

Okay, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who commented. Today has been rough for the most part but me and the friend who’s futon I am occupying got tacos and I got to process this for the better part of my day.

My feelings have landed mostly on being upset with Cindy. No matter what drama was going on in their relationship, I was treated like a pariah in my own God drat home and that’s unacceptable. The annoying part of this is now I am doubting whether or not I would have even considered sleeping with Mark if the situation came up organically. My friend who I am staying at (she’s also poly, I am own of the the few mono people in my immediate friend group hence why I was really harsh in my post about not accepting poly-hate cause those my people) asked me how I would have preferred this situation playing out. My response was pretty much

1. Cindy not taking out whatever she was feeling on me while they were having their backroom discussion
2. Being approached by one of them individually to see if I was interested in any of this and not in the weirdest loving Discord call in the world (SHE WAS IN THE ROOM RIGHT NEXT TO ME, SHE COULD HAVE JUST CAME IN AND TALKED TO ME SOLO). If Mark would have asked me, I probably would have run to Cindy being like “your boyfriend is hitting on me, I am unsure if that’s even allowed.” If Cindy would have, Christ on the loving cross I am unsure how that would have even gone.

Who knows, maybe with permission, and wine, and the breath-taking views of that lake (seriously ignore me and google Crater Lake National Park, it’s loving gorg) something would have happen. Nothing sure as hell is going to happen now though. This is a long winded post to say that I am planning to talk to each of them one on one because at the end of the day, I ALREADY DROPPED LIKE 450 ON ROUNDTRIP TICKETS AND I CAN’T AFFORD TO STAY ANYWHERE ELSE ON SHORT NOTICE (I’ve looked into campsite lodge and nearby airbnbs/hotels and everything is too expensive for me) AND MY PTO IS ALREADY APPROVED IN MY WORKBOOKS. I am not going to be awkwarded out of my vacation that I have dreamed about.

I am going to talk to them both and god help them if the first words out them mouths aren’t “I’m sorry.”

FINAL UPDATE posted August 23rd, 2021

Hey, everyone!

It’s been just over three weeks since I my last post and I wanted to post an update. If you didn’t read my original post is that I was planning on going on a trip where I would be staying with my best friend’s partner for 5 days. She was fine with it, until she wasn’t and treated me coldly for 2 weeks. Then she and her bf told me that I had “permission” to sleep with the bf on the trip if I so desired. I got pissed and stayed at a friends place for 3 days.

It was such a fun experience.

I went home after 2 or 3 days (I can’t actually remember how long I was gone now) when Cindy sent me a message saying she wanted to apologize. Apparently Cindy reached out to the mutual friend I was staying with, and that friend went over every cruel thing Cindy did to me during her 2 weeks of shutting me out and told her to get herself together. We sat down and talked and it was pretty illuminating what she had to say.

Cindy and I have known each other for over 15 years now. For the majority of that time, I was the most more introverted and shy type while she was the “lets drink shots on the roof with this new friend I made 30 seconds ago” type. When the plague hit, we both had two very different responses. After realizing I was deeply unhappy with all parts of my life, I flipped everything on it’s head. I found a new job and made a bunch of work friends. I started doing solo adventures. I felt happier than I ever been, and it turns out, happy me is very bubbly and engaging. While I couldn’t go out for obvious reasons, I started actually using discord and engaging more with friends and going on virtual dates. Cindy did the opposite. Her job went work from home pretty early on which cut her off from most of her work friends, and she lost an aunt she was close to due to the virus. Cindy works customer service at an online store, so after 8 hours on the phone in front of a computer, she doesn’t want to ZOOM or discord or message anyone from the exhaustion of it all. Cindy admitted that she felt like she was falling apart meanwhile the person she grew up with was doing better than ever.

Cindy is not one to express her feelings (she comes from an Army “what’s a feeling” family), she apparently she decided that best course of action was bury everything in her chest and do nothing about it. Then Mark asked if he could sleep with me and everything started leaking out. Cindy admitted that rule “neither of us can do anything with either of our partner’s friends” is a bit more flexible than I originally thought and is more of a “please ask if I am cool with this before you flirt with my friends” situation. Apparently Cindy was cool with the concept of us sleeping together previously. Back in 2019, I was planning a trip to Seattle for the Summer of 2020. Mark offered to join me and we were planning on splitting a two bedroom AirBnb. It didn’t happen for obvious reasons, but apparently Mark asked Cindy during planning stage if he could even broach the topic with me and she was cool with it. Mark, going off how she was previously cool with it, checked in again with her before he was planning on talking to me about it for the most recent trip and that’s when the blowup happened.

Cindy apologized for how she treated me the past two weeks and admitted that she felt like she was failing at everything in her day to day life and then felt like she was going to lose her boyfriend to me if something happened between us. I honestly feel like a lovely friend in some sense, because while I knew her depression was flaring up again, I didn’t quite realize how deep she was in it despite living together. I did stand my ground on the fact that while her feelings are valid, the way she treated me wasn’t and that type of behavior cannot happen again. She agreed and even invited me to sit in on a session with her therapist (she was already going to cope with the feelings in regards to her very messy family) which I said I would, after she had more solo time to process it.

I did end up going on the trip. Mark apologized for blowing up my home with his question, and we had a conversation about how while he is sweet, I really don’t see any future where I sleep with him again. He was cool with it and said he was excited to have a good friend come up for nature adventures. I just got home yesterday from my adventures and have been sharing the photos with Cindy for the better part of the day. She thinks the shots are beautiful and her biggest concern is that I could have hurt my lungs since it was pretty smokey out there on one of the days I was out there due to wildfires in Cali.

So, that’s it.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Dramatika posted:

Found this one in best of updates or whatever it’s called

My best friend gave her boyfriend “permission” to sleep with me behind my back and I am having trouble explaining why I am so upset by this

It's really wild to read a story where people make huge mistakes in their interpersonal relationships but manage to fix things via honest communication, after how half this thread is "my SIL and I had different mustard preferences and this has somehow destroyed my entire social circle and family"

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA for refusing to call my 8 year old half-unlce "uncle"?

Easy solution: Call the kid Uncle Brian; also bully him relentlessly.

Pomme de Terror
Sep 30, 2021

Well, one of us must have killed him!
AITA for calling my husband out infront of my friends on planting a recording device while we were having a GNI?

quote:

This happened last week, I told my F26, husband M31, I was planning on having a girls night in at home and he initially was like "No not here...get a hotel or something" I said I couldn't afford a hotel + no need for a hotel. He asked if he could join us if he's going to allow it, but I said no, this isn't how GNIs work. He eventually agreed to let me have it and even said he'd go out so my friends could be comfortable.

I invited the girls over and most of them had a lot of heavy venting to do, at some point things got a bit emotionally charged and there was crying, lots of it. After that we brought in the food and drinks, When I went to turn the TV on, I spotted a small device tucked on the side, I took a look and found that it was actually a voice recording device, I was in disbelief, I knew my husband put it in there to listen to our private talk which felt highly violating.

I didn't hide it from the girls, I showed them the device, called my husband to get him to get home and confronted him right there infront of the girls. The girls were shocked and my husband denied after I flipped out and called him out, then said he was feeling curious to know about what we were talking about and wanted to make sure we weren't "trash" talking him specifically. The event was cut short and the girls left.

I kept lashing out at him for ruining the night and possibly my relationship and trust with my friends, I said that not only did he violate my privacy but my friends' as well. because they were talking about very personal stuff, He argued that it was no big deal, That I should've let him join us if we "had nothing to hide" and that this was ON THEM for opening up about private matters to begin with. He went on to talk about how I humiliated him to call him out infront of my friends, I told him they deserved to know who he really is after what he's done. We argued some more and he went out again.

We're in conflict til today and I feel like I made a mistake calling him out like that aside from how I felt about it. He claims that my friends will no longer respect him after that. AITA?

:redflag:I need a bigger red flag :redflag:

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Correct, they will never respect him because they obviously shouldn't.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Pomme de Terror posted:

AITA for calling my husband out infront of my friends on planting a recording device while we were having a GNI?

:redflag:I need a bigger red flag :redflag:

Her ex-husband soon, one hopes.

its_my_birthday
Sep 18, 2020

Sisal Two-Step posted:

A tale of two Rachels:

jesus christ these are the most exhausting 7 paragraphs ever written in the history of mankind

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Shove the recording device all the way up his pee hole into his bladder. If he gets upset, it's because he has something to hide

edgeman83
Jul 13, 2003

its_my_birthday posted:

jesus christ these are the most exhausting 7 paragraphs ever written in the history of mankind

Yeah, Dr. Bob really should have just accepted what was already the situation in his new workplace.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Sisal Two-Step posted:

From AAM, by way of r/bestofupdates:

Update

I worked at a job like this that was ravenously anti-late.

They would charge you HALF A DAY's pay if you were a SINGLE SECOND late. If you were 'late' 3 times in a single 3 month period, then being a single second late would cost you a full day's pay. Everyone had to line up and swipe their card on this machine to get into work, except of course you never knew which machine would have the biggest line and you never knew which gates to the job site (a school) would actually be open that day, which would change due to weather or the whims of security, who might be on their coffee break and unable to let you in.

The big brains at admin somehow could not predict that most people would just turn the gently caress around and go home once they realized they were going to be late. Multiple times I'd see the clock hit 8am and I'd just go home because gently caress it, I'd rather just have my time than do a full day at half-rate since I'm not stupid.

The school had to hire lots of extra substitutes to handle all the 'late' (not late) people. Class actually did not begin until 9am, so being 1 minute late did not impact school performance in any way at all, but it certainly cost the school a lot of money to have all these extra subs on hand.

Mr. Grapes!
Feb 12, 2007
Mr. who?

Soylent Pudding posted:

AITA For not letting wife name baby Cirilla or Yennefer

Both of these people kind of suck.

Why was Lara a problem? If she turns out to be curvy, people are going to think she is Tomb Raider? Is that what we're getting at? It's a pretty common name that doesn't immediately mean VIDEOGAMES like naming your kid Sephiroth or Duke Nukem. It seems really loving creepy that he is worried about how his daughter's boob size is going to impact her name. He's not calling her Chesty La Rue.

This guy seems to be definitely telling on himself with some Creepy Future Behavior relating to his own daughter's bodies.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AITAH for not giving my old switch away after getting the Oled?

quote:

The people in this story are my Mother, her cousin a single mom, her 2 kids, and me

So recently I got a bonus from work and it to help pay this coming months mortgage and a few bills for the house and decided to spoil myself a little with what was left and got my self the Switch Oled. Mom was sitting in the living room as I was bringing my new toys home and asked what is all that? I responded with oh just some stuff I got with what was left with my bonus money. She saw the switch and asked who is that for I responded its for me. She quietly said oh ok.

That weekend mom invited her cousin over. Usually I sleep in on the weekends, but with hyper children running around that was not possible. So I stumble out of bed put on a shirt and go down to get coffee only to be greeted by my moms cousin thanking me saying I'm so sweet for doing this while her kids played outside. With a confused look I said what are you talking about? She said well your mom said you got my kids the new Nintendo.

Now I'm annoyed and said I didn't get them one and I hope you didn't tell them this. She said well yah last night I told them you got them a surprise, but I didn't know what it was. Mom overheard this storms in the kitchen while whisper yelling at me saying you better give them it or I'll look like a liar. I responded with well that's on you then and went back to my gaming room.

An hour goes by My dad comes home with family in tow and the kids knock on my door asking if they can see the new Nintendo I got them. Trying to remain calm and knowing they're Innocent in all this I say I'm sorry my our moms must have misunderstood I got that for me, but you can both play it if you want as long as I'm in the room and I promise I'll get you both a new switch for your birthdays deal? They happily agreed and we all started playing, but the younger one saw my original switch sitting by my table and asked what's up with that one? I told him that's my old switch that I'm keeping it. The younger one left the room for a bit and came back shortly after so I thought nothing of it.

Later mom asked how they like their new game. They said that it was mine, but I will get them one for there birthdays. The younger one looked at mine and his sad with my mom chiming in well what about your old one cant you give him that? I said no I'm keeping it. Mom and her cousin both raise there voices and call me a selfish man child who makes children unhappy. I laughed. Mom gets even more mad and says I'm taking your old one and the new one and I want to see you try to stop me. I got out my chair and rush to my gaming room and lock it scream if you try and take anything I'll call the cops. Dad tried to help calm the situation with little success, but it was enough to get them to back off.

Now my family is calling me a child and I'm staring to feel like I should have just given them my old Switch. So people of Reddit AITAH

Man, who would've thought preemptively giving away other people's Switches would be an ongoing genre

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Boomers thinking they can just give away other peoples poo poo will be a staple of threads like these for as long as boomers are with us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Captain Hygiene posted:

AITAH for not giving my old switch away after getting the Oled?

Man, who would've thought preemptively giving away other people's Switches would be an ongoing genre

Really need some ages on this one to fully enjoy it. If OP is 15 then it just sucks all around. But if he's 45 and barricaded himself screaming in his gaming room at Mom's house, then it's hilarious.