Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Behold, page 420!

Seek grass
and then fire

Grass, therefore rolling required ahead

Edit :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

This is what 600 hours of DS2 pvp looks like I guess

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Willfrey posted:

Grass, therefore rolling required ahead

Edit :(

:rip:

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

This game really is not hard. With the NPC summon, a +4 three wolves spirit ash, the boss of Stormveil Castle was so easy. I barely did anything.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

i cant stop playing

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Propaganda Hour posted:

I thought y'all said magic was bad!

https://v.redd.it/p1f796pccsk81

No actual boss will let you get a wind up like that

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I fixed my controller issues on PC.

I had to import a community controller configuration that was mapped properly and that seems to have solved it. So by default there are no mappings for your controller in steam, at least for mine.

Imported and save the configuration in steam and now it works fine in game.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

blue squares posted:

This game really is not hard. With the NPC summon, a +4 three wolves spirit ash, the boss of Stormveil Castle was so easy. I barely did anything.

summons have always been dark souls not-so-sneaky sneaky way of letting you get through the harder content without really having to try

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

just finished the game. had a great time, 10/10. except for the lategame boss godskin duo which is the worst designed fromsoft boss ever made. phenomenal apart from that. cheers hope everyone is having fun.

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
I beat Godrick and then had to go to work. Summons really make learning the bosses much easier. I’m always having fun with the boss fights so far. I honestly struggle more in the dungeons. In many cases in Stormveil castle I just ran through as fast as possible and avoided enemies after having no idea how to get through an encounter. Like (back half of Stormveil spoilers) that courtyard full of flamethrowers and ballista, no clue how I would actually get through that actually killing the enemies. I did realize I could summon, but it didn’t matter since I couldn’t lure out enemies or stealth by without being noticed.

Godrick was SUCH a fun fight though. A real joy. That one moment mid battle was incredible.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I'm supposed to deliver a potion to somebody (nice to do something wholesome for a change :) ) and I can't figure out where she went, any ideas?

Albatrossy_Rodent
Oct 6, 2021

Obliteratin' everything,
incineratin' and renegade 'em
I'm here to make anybody who
want it with the pen afraid
But don't nobody want it but
they're gonna get it anyway!

I always scrape by, lots of summons, because I suck at these games. But guess what, people who are goos at thwm? We both beat Godrick. It feels awesome being the scrappy underdog doing whatever bullshit you need to do to win.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Control Volume posted:

Did you know you can summon your horse in that fight? I didnt.
tbh I only really like using it to avoid the raining arrows. and the meteor but tanking it with bubble is more fun

for the 'actual fight' getting in close can let you avoid his attacks without dodging pretty often. there's a video I saw earlier that showcases it well, they get in a lot of charged heavy attacks due to positioning so he whiffs

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Unable to summon cooperator.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Where does (npc) patches go after you beat margit/godrick?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

goferchan posted:

I'm supposed to deliver a potion to somebody (nice to do something wholesome for a change :) ) and I can't figure out where she went, any ideas?

wholesome, eh? :(

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

goferchan posted:

she shooould be in the roundtable in a lower section down the stairs from the smith, moping about

I think you actually need to talk to her dad first before giving it to her, and he gives the option of getting rid of it (and lying to seluvis)instead

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Hamelekim posted:

I fixed my controller issues on PC.

I had to import a community controller configuration that was mapped properly and that seems to have solved it. So by default there are no mappings for your controller in steam, at least for mine.

Imported and save the configuration in steam and now it works fine in game.

My problem was this dialogue here:

Someone discussed it earlier in the thread, but in short, if Elden Ring detected any "game controllers" that weren't your actual controller (for me it was picking up my fancy mouse as a controller), it will force that as your actual controller and ignore any other real controller you have plugged in. I was able to fix it by loving around in device manager.

If anyone else is having controller issues and thinks this might help, HMU and I can try going into more detail

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

Where does (npc) patches go after you beat margit/godrick?

I can post a map waypoint if you want something specific but you'll find him eventually if you follow the critical path

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
Dead average Souls game moron with 20/20 VIG/END and a +2 weapon tops vs Margit.

After a failure reel of idiocy and trying various things in my grab bag ("The internet says bleed is OP, so clearly bleed+poison will-oh gently caress")

gently caress it. Skip the NPC summon in case he raises boss health? I will just use the only two greatswords I own to power stance and summon a pair of soldier ashes ASAP (waiting to phase 2 they had a habit of getting maimed by the opening hammer move. So might as well speed up phase 1). Maximum reckless kill him before he kills me :histdowns:

Victory!... And remembering I could have gone and Bought the 5k shackle from Patches this whole time. Oh well. I should visit patches again soon.

The two things that bugged me most for my casual idiot mindset (and probably only me) were-

A: I am barely competent with moments of blind idiot luck in fromsoft games. so every time a boss four times my height leaps away to safety as if I am terrifying always feels a bit odd. Not helped by how shamelessly he was abusing his safety net against falling :argh:

B: Needing to firmly remind myself the most powerful tool any enemy has is videogame logic. I had a rough time at first because I bought into the internet hype that even pets dealing 25-30 whoooole damage per attack on average were a guaranteed victory because they distracted the boss, only to be smashed in the face when they smoothly pulled a 180 to hit me instead the moment I approached :downs: Accepting the boss might act like he has eyes on the back of his head did wonders for me.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

goferchan posted:

I feel like I'm missing something here -- I have the sewing needle which lets me alter a small number of armor pieces, and then eventually somewhere I found a gold sewing needle that lets me alter boss armor (which is very cool) -- however I have several pieces of equipment from random drops that say (Altered) in the name but I can't modify them in the menu. Is there a silver sewing needle or something like that I missed that lets me alter more stuff?

Where was the gold sewing needle? I don't think I have that one yet! But after you give Boc's stuff back to him he shows up in Liurnia where he'll offer to alter your gear for you.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

I am sitting outside radhan with the lljk password if anyone has a minute because gently caress this this isn't even fun.

You know, if I don't get 50 more occurances of Unable to summon cooperator.

Edit: 10 unables back to back, fix your poo poo elden ring

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Went to Hogwarts, had a good time there, boss lady seemed surprisingly easy. I'm fairly sure I only explored a fraction of the place though, so I might need to go back and comb through a bit more. Are there more bosses there than red flame dog and creepy witch lady?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

I see other players who are able to summon 2 players to their game. I've only been able to summon one player (plus an npc). What am I missing here?

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Deviant posted:

I am sitting outside radhan with the lljk password if anyone has a minute because gently caress this this isn't even fun.

What's the appropriate level? Dunno how far into the game you are.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Appoda posted:

I can post a map waypoint if you want something specific but you'll find him eventually if you follow the critical path

Thanks! I've been doing a lot of back and forth exploring so i still only have one great rune but have almost the entire map revealed (i think). Time to retrace my steps

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

Deviant posted:

I think it's LLJK. At least I've seen a lot more pops of that than the lowercase one, running both group passwords.

In any case, you still probably get general population pretty frequently

Brandfarlig
Nov 5, 2009

These colours don't run.

Wizards are weak to fit people, sprint and she can't hit you. Hauling rear end works for a lot of situations.

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum
I gave up on the Academy boss last night and took a different path and I am amazed at how much easier it was for me to beat Loretta. That seemed like the easiest fight of the game so far, easier than the Tree Sentinel guy by far.

Willfrey
Jul 20, 2007

Why don't the poors simply buy more money?
Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

Where was the gold sewing needle? I don't think I have that one yet! But after you give Boc's stuff back to him he shows up in Liurnia where he'll offer to alter your gear for you.

In the red rot swamp lake there is a site of grace with a boss nearby. The site of grace is in the middle of where all the 'exploding' bubbling on the lake is. Kill the boss for the needle

Rusty
Sep 28, 2001
Dinosaur Gum

Propaganda Hour posted:

I am sure it can be powerful mid game, but I hated using the same spell for hours and not engaging in any of the weapon arts or anything. It was just spamming the pebble spell over and over. I probably could have leveled up a weapon as well, but at that point I just wanted to main a sword.

Operant
Apr 1, 2010

LET THERE BE NO GENESIS
Is there an obvious way up on the huge high plateau on the southwest side of liurna that I’m missing? I skirted the cliffs around it and couldn’t see a way up.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I don't know what was going on when they designed the Rennala fight but it feels like they forgot every lesson about boss and level design they applied everywhere else in the game. If there was at least a Stake of Marika outside the boss door I could maybe forgive that first phase being repeated every time, but of course there isn't, so every retry is doubly tedious.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

ChocNitty posted:

What's the appropriate level? Dunno how far into the game you are.

I'm at 65. He's just badly designed.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Operant posted:

Is there an obvious way up on the huge high plateau on the southwest side of liurna that I’m missing? I skirted the cliffs around it and couldn’t see a way up.

there is no way up there from the ground. have to be teleported there from elsewhere.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Propaganda Hour posted:

It's easy! Step one: be like level 500...

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Willfrey posted:

In the red rot swamp lake there is a site of grace with a boss nearby. The site of grace is in the middle of where all the 'exploding' bubbling on the lake is. Kill the boss for the needle
There's also a small questline where you can give the needle to an NPC to heal her, and in return she gives you a talisman that gives +5 to dex. Don't know if you can get it back later.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Does anybody know if aeonian butterflies ever respawn? I collected a few and have gone back several times after time passes and I've never seen them again.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Willfrey posted:

That's for a different thing! If you go east of Sellia there's a man in a hut to talk to You'll know you're at the right place when you see a lone ratdog. head just a little further past that gate and take a hard left at night for a surprise, unrelated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Operant posted:

You need to do a massive questline that starts at Carim Manor on the Northwest side plateau of Lake Liurna