Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

I don't think he's said officially, when he got arrested in 2009 he had 262 vicodin and 180 somas in his house, so probably not IV heroin but rather a bunch of pill opiates and other painkillers

Yeah, maybe. I just wonder why he was "hiding" after checking into the arena. I used to have some issues myself and whenever I was secretive like that it was so I could smoke freebase. He wouldn't have to lock himself in a closet to pop pills or even do shots. According to Biskoff, it was like nobody could find the loving guy in the lead up to the match until it was gorilla time.

I have a decent enough eye for when someone is hosed up and what they're on on from decades of my own off and on drug usage and recognizing behavior, the look on someone's face etc. but I can't watch that match and put my finger on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Jeff was high on that ol’ itchweed. Or, more specifically, itchweed was high on Jeff.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Maybe Jeff had just eaten Taco Bell

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Elephant Ambush posted:

Maybe Jeff had just eaten Taco Bell

Perhaps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfWPxFzD-VM&t=802s

ok, perhaps not.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
gently caress.

Now I want Taco Bell

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

Trollologist posted:

The going rate in the PNW for gorilla men to give each other concussions is $35. Or was when I was last in the bullpen.

It takes a special kind of person to agree to be given a concussion for $35. Wrestlers are those kinds of people.

Can confirm

Edit for content:

I got a small soft spot for Cornette because he does tell some pretty cool stories, and has some pretty valuable insights some of the time. The "uncle who's fun but should shut the gently caress up about politics" comparison seems about right

OTOH he's pretty out there if he's objecting to his gimmick not being comedy. His character was literally a weaselly little gently caress who'd call his mother to get him out of jams. Yes, that's heel heat, but that's comedy heel heat as well. He's having tuxedo matches with other managers where the whole draw is that these two non-wrestler schlubs are going to claw at each other until someone's naked, that's comedy. I know the guy took some hellacious bumps and for a non-athlete that takes some steel in the junk, but that doesn't mean the character isn't comedy.

It'd be one thing for him to say "Well it's different, I'm just a manager, a side character, nobody's putting me in the main event, so comedy is okay there" but yeah, he seems to be going all in on "all comedy is bad, get it out of my wrasslemans". Though I'd guess that his blinding hatred of Russo figures into his position there.

TheSwizzler fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Mar 1, 2022

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

TheSwizzler posted:

I'd guess that his blinding hatred of Russo figures into his position there.

"Shitstain"!

I love listening to Cornette's old stories and it's genuinely funny stuff, but my god can that man fly off the handle over some trivial poo poo.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
People equate Cornette to 'people's old racist uncle', and it's more apt then most realize, because Cornette's whole flaw is based around similar thinking that's derived from time and distance passed and how much that muddies the fact that what happened wasn't what could have happened, and falsely equating what did happen as 'what was gonna' and it was hence better. The old racist thought is generally 'back in my day black people knew their place, they were kept apart instead of being forced together when 'neither side' wanted it, things were calmer and therefore better, nowadays idiots are trying to upend everything and all it's doing is breaking everything' with a dose of "I'm not racist, I don't want to hang black people or castrate him or set them on fire". Cornette's is along the line of "We constantly got many, many people to come pay and see us, and keep coming back, all over the place, and we made them CARE (and by extension we made them think it was real), and then along comes scumfucks like Vince Russo who don't understand a drat thing about the business and don't respect it and uses the equivalent of pump and dump stock schemes and derivatives (I suspect if Cornette knew about Nicholas Leeson, he'd think Russo's ways are exactly like what he did) for a temporary or mirage like benefit that has far worse long term consequences and people like the Young Bucks and Kenny Omega who don't 'get' the finer points of things that would let them do that sort of business and people like Orange Cassidy who 'expose' it and break the illusion and in Cornette's mind insult anyone who ever 'believed'.

But, as said, this is the buggy whip comparison from Other People's Money. The world changed. The argument that the old days were 'better' because what drew money was 'truer' is an impossible tangle that cannot be assessed in any solid 2+2 = 4 way, and in the end, cars still replaced horses and buggy whip companies went out of business, that is what happened, it was inevitable, there was no going back, even if you think horse carriages were so much better, and you need to ACCEPT that. Not to mention that Cornette speaks so fondly of the days when he had arena after arena wanting to murder him because he ESCAPED BEING MURDERED. He hates Trump? There's not much difference between what Trump set off on January 6th and what Cornette did on a smaller scale, except in the case of the January 6th Riots, in a pure vacuum, they were 'more justified' to happen, because it 'supposedly' was about political corruption and people's choice of leaders being taken from them (all lies, yes, just saying it as an example), whereas Cornette's circumstances were 'This guy I like got beat up or lost a contest because this other guy who comes off as a f****** mama's boy cheated and he's so soft looking and fey looking rarrrgghhh GAY PANIC RAGE' and if we discount that assessment Cornette had a dozen other aspects that made people mad, and only luck going his way kept him or the people around him from suffering much worse from tapping that vein of dangerous emotion. Much has been said about how the late "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton was one of the nicest men in the business; I suspect if Cornette's 'true heat and caring' crowds had managed to stab him with a poo poo covered dagger and gave him an infection that killed him, Cornette would have a very different assessment of those 'old, better days', just like a lot of racists probably would have something of an eye opener if they had to walk around in the shoes of the actual oppressed in those 'old, better days'. When stuff like Arnold Vosloo, who played the titular Mummy in the first two Mummy films released around the turn of the millennium, talk about how kids would come up to him and kick him in the shin, "You were the bad Mummy!", it's amusing, harmless, worth the mild shin pain. When you have stuff like Jack Gleeson basically retiring from acting because he was so good at playing Joffrey in Game of Thrones that who knows how many people couldn't separate him from the character and directed the same hostility at him as they would the actual character, it's not.

Maybe I have no place to talk, as I don't know what it's like to be 'left behind' by the changes of society. There's a lot more validity to that Abe Simpson bit than most realize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DlTexEXxLQ

But again...sometimes, it doesn't matter how drat good the buggy whip product is. It's just no longer needed.

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

The "horse buggy whip" think from Other People's Money was a dodge from a guy who wanted to buy a company, pillage it for anything of value, then move production to China to exploit cheaper labor there so he could enrich himself and have the side effect of killing off a small American town.

It's a line of BS that people keep repeating without considering who was saying it.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

Yes, I'm aware Danny Devito's character in the film is a POS villain protagonist who wants all that. He's still technically right, he's just right for all the wrong motivations and reasons. Plenty of villains in fiction (and real life) say accurate or true things which they completely gently caress over with their motivations: I'm just focusing on what IS true.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
idk if your big post mentioned Cornette booking the Ninja Turtle but it's kinda hard to take his insistence on "never exposing the business" seriously when he did dumb poo poo like that and worse in Smoky Mountain

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

Ad by Khad posted:

idk if your big post mentioned Cornette booking the Ninja Turtle but it's kinda hard to take his insistence on "never exposing the business" seriously when he did dumb poo poo like that and worse in Smoky Mountain

Wait, the Ninja turtles appeared on wrestling?

How did I not know this.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

PeterCat posted:

Wait, the Ninja turtles appeared on wrestling?

How did I not know this.
Kinda?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G22qfagAc_o

MCU SUPERBATTLE!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbfkrVtfssQ

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

I suspect if asked, Cornette would say he was booking Cowabunga the Ninja Turtle in the opening matches, which are allowed to be silly and hide whoever was in the suit (so if they got over they could be 'themselves' instead), but the top matches are supposed to be SERIOUS and he wouldn't be putting Cowabunga in the main event, like the Bucks and Omega are with their 'dressing up for Halloween' and 'pretending to wrestle a nine year old once' and 'being lazy' poo poo (his theorized words, not mine).

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

That match has more actual wrestling in it than like, 90% of what's on TV

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
How do you describe Jim Cornette?

In searching for the above picture of him, I saw an article headline that read: Jim Cornette Responds to Controversy, Apologizes... And that's probably as good a description of him as any. Although, this choice quote from his wiki is a strong contender for 2nd place:

wikipedia posted:

By this point, however, the nature of wrestling in the U.S. had already changed irrevocably

James Mark Cornette, is just that. A Mark. He doesn't have a wrestling background, doesn't come from ownership, doesn't have a beloved character persona that the world over knows, doesn't have any big name wrestling friends that will drag him around from place to place, and doesn't have any backstage friends that will vouch for him and get him jobs or protect him. He's just a Mark with a resume in wrestling longer than John Cena's position in the main event. He's been a promoter, commentator, manager, podcaster, photographer, booker, and, most importantly, Historian. He's done everything every wrestling personality has done, but later, and worse. He got his start doing odd jobs for local promotions, pretty much anything a superfan would do: programs, flyers, photographs, whatever. Then, after a decade of hanging around like a barnacle. Little Jimmy would get his shot at the big time:

wikipedia posted:

As Cornette has recalled, despite his presence being tolerated at shows and TV tapings for nearly a decade, the first time he was allowed into the locker room was only after he had become a manager.

Quick Sidenote: I love how pro wrestling fans are awash with autistic spergs that document every little thing that ever happened ever. It's like, if you want the complete career of Poopshoot Pete some no-name weirdo that wrestled for 9 months in 1953 in Breakfast Championship Wrestling, there's a 10 page wiki about it. (No offense meant to our in-thread champs)

Anyway, Back to the story.

Jim "Trained" in so much as you can train a manager, under Bill Watts. What's important to know about Bill is that he's OLD-SCHOOL. Bill Enforced Kayfabe (extending wrestling characters outside of the show. Basically "living" your gimmick), Bill wanted big beefy strongmen to look all big and strong. Bill would try to expand his business and fail. Selling Mid-South wrestling in 1987. It would seem, that by that time: the nature of wrestling in the U.S. had already changed irrevocably.

From the late 80's until the early 90's. Jim would work for WCW. This time as a commentator and Booker. But in '91 Jim Cornette would rock the world of Professional Wrestling forever:

In 1991, Jim Cornette opened his own promotion: Smoky Mountain Wrestling. And with his slavish devotion to old-school wrestling, goofy cartoon faces/heels, plots that don't really lead anywhere, cheap heat, and never, EVER exposing the business. He would rocket onward! Directly into bankruptcy. Closing SMW in 1994.

It would seem, that the nature of wrestling in the U.S. had already changed irrevocably.

Quick Calendar Check: '94 is when ECW Seeded from the NWA and was "born" as it were.

Once SMW folded, Jim went to work for WWE(F) He'd get on the booking team, but, he'd get removed:

wikipedia posted:

Before being removed after frequently butting heads with writer Vince Russo.
That shitheel!

But hey, that's okay. He was also on the television production team! Where he worked with Kevin Dunn

wikipedia posted:

enraged Cornette to the point where he mocked Dunn's buck teeth and threatened to assault him in front of everyone in the room. He was eventually forced to apologize to Dunn for his actions.

Oh. well okay then.

He'd get dumped into OVW where he allegedly helped build John Cena and Brock Lesnar. You know, John, who found his career on Smackdown right before he almost washed out? and Brock, who left for UFC and than came back managed by Paul Heyman? Turns out they're Cornette projects actually, he's a legend.

Anyway, he'd flounder in OVW until 2005 Where:

wikipedia posted:

In May 2005, Cornette was suspended for several weeks by WWE after slapping OVW developmental wrestler Anthony Carelli backstage after Carelli had "no-sold" fellow wrestler The Boogeyman by laughing at him during a live OVW event. Shortly after Cornette returned from his suspension, a separate incident occurred and the WWE released him from his contract in July 2005

Can you imagine that this guy just won't stop screaming and slapping people backstage? Real Class-A talent he is. However, he'd land on his feet. After all, with a resume like that, who wouldn't hire him? So, he trundled over to TNA to slap people and yell at them backstage.

He'd work for TNA from '06 - '09. Leaving because:

wikipedia posted:

He has said that he was released because he was not "100 percent" behind TNA's creative team, headed by Vince Russo.
That shitheel!

He'd bounce around for a while, showing up in Ring Of Honor, What Culture Pro Wrestling (? existed?), popping in at WWE and Impact, before pulling a Hogan and getting booted from the NWA for saying something racist. I'm not sure how offensive a statement like the one he'd made really is, and he's used it before, in the WWE, with no issues. But this was 2019 and by this point, however, the nature of wrestling in the U.S. had already changed irrevocably.

Okay, so, resume done. Why do I hate the man?

Because he's adopted (or always had) this love that wrestling should be like it was when he was a kid. A big fat loving scam. Jim was a Mark that hung around long enough to get "in" with the owners and locker rooms and learn all the secrets of the trade. But never got beat up for it. Never got choked out in a barn, or had to live a kayfabe gimmick. He was just some pudgy guy that was playing inside baseball without paying the entry fee of years of concussions. And that made him special. Not like that Shitheel Vince Russo, who's a TV writer that just wants everyone to admit the show is a show and put on a compelling one. No, Russo doesn't deserve the secret knowledge of backstage drama, and it's heresy to air that dirty laundry on TV! :magical: The loving dirtsheets breaking Kayfabe, and the smarks that think they know everything. But they don't. Not like Jim Cornette does. He's in the locker room, he's one of the boys, and you're NOT.

I said that there's a class of wrestling fan that gets off on knowing that wrestling is a show. And I don't care if I'm repeating myself here, but that idea incarnate exists and it's name is Jim.

This desire to "protect" the business, like wrestling still needs to posture around like a ruse for it to be successful, is toxic. It's what keeps performances in bingo halls and high school gyms. It's what makes telling people that you're a fan of wrestling just a little shameful. It's why, in an age of mature, adult drama and long form story, NO one mentions wrestling as the place to see that, because it's too busy trying to sell you the ruse. Can't talk about match work as an art, can't tell engaging or interesting stories, can't have crazy gimmicks or plots. We have to sell the show, we can't break kayfabe. And if smarks are going to expose us? let's blur reality. Have CM Punk "air his grievances" on Raw. The matches are fake, but is the drama is real? You don't know. :grin:

It's why wrestling can't grow up and do interesting things. You can't break Kayfabe in the indies, you can't have a small, nothing promotion promote a patreon, gently caress, you can't even take CREDIT CARDS in some places because it's not what worked before. And new ideas are poison. Hardcore? Comedy? These are heresy because they "expose" the show to everyone that already knows it is one. And we can't appeal to general audiences since they don't want it to be conned and pro-wrestling is a con.

gently caress Jim Cornette. And all the artifacts like him.

Trollologist fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Mar 2, 2022

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Trollologist posted:

How do you describe Jim Cornette?

Not a single word about the cuckolding-for-pushes racket he ran? rewrite please. Focus on that aspect more. Punch it up.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i think the reason cornette really hates omega is because he lied to cornette about not being able to be at a show because of an injury so he could go to japan and do something there instead. cornette is insane and unable to let that go but he cant have this be the entire reason so he keeps bringing up the the time Omega wrestled a blow up doll and the time he wrestled a nine year old. i've never seen the blow up doll match but the one with the 9 year old was a great example of a heel being an arrogant bully and getting the right kind of heat so the crowd boos them. but jim is so brain poisoned by pro wrestling he is unable to see that and instead accused Kenny Omega of being a pedophile lmao.

cornette is a mark who worked himself into a shoot brother

16-bit Butt-Head fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 2, 2022

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

cornette is a mark who worked himself into a shoot brother

Well, not sure why I effort posted about Cornette when this does a better job.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

shadow puppet of a posted:

Not a single word about the cuckolding-for-pushes racket he ran? rewrite please. Focus on that aspect more. Punch it up.

Tacoize those wrestlers you dork!

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I think the other reason Cornette and Ruso and even Bischoff hate the current wrestling scene so much is when these new companies started showing up they all went: "So, when are you hiring me" and go a "Hmmmm, no." in response.

Cornette worked with NWA for awhile but managed to make a joke so racist he's pretty much blackballed now.

edit: Found the Joey Janella version:

quote:

Joey Janela with a subtle shot at Jim Cornette saying that Canadian version of the Jim Cornette joke saying that Orange Cassidy is so tough “he’s the only man I know that could strap a bucket of maple syrup to his back and drive a motor bick through Canada.”

Jonny Nox fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Mar 2, 2022

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Jonny Nox posted:

I think the other reason Cornette and Ruso and even Bischoff hate the current wrestling scene so much is when these new companies started showing up they all went: "So, when are you hiring me" and go a "Hmmmm, no." in response.

Cornette worked with NWA for awhile but managed to make a joke so racist he's pretty much blackballed now.

edit: Found the Joey Janella version:

I remember when it looked like Tony Khan and Bischoff had smoothed things over after Bischoff got bent out of shape over comments TK had made about the end of WCW. Bischoff made some very positive comments about AEW and even made a few appearances on Dynamite. But, IIRC, WWE started making noises about hiring him again for whatever role, so he started right back in on poo poo-talking AEW and TK.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

WWE never hired him back, right? what a jabronie.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

TV Zombie posted:

WWE never hired him back, right? what a jabronie.

The last time Bischoff worked full-time for WWE was 2019, when he was the executive producer of SmackDown.

He lasted all of four months before Bruce "Brother Love" Prichard replaced him.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

It says a lot about this business that Trollologist is both completely right and utterly wrong about his assessment.

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Cornwind Evil posted:

It says a lot about this business that Trollologist is both completely right and utterly wrong about his assessment.

It's a big country and there's a ton of promotions working all over. I'm only able to speak on my experiences in WA and OR.

Things are changing and there's a lot of stuff coming up, but I haven't seen what I'm after yet.Maybe there just isn't market for it. But given how long the average wrestling fed lasts, it doesn't seem like there's much market for the current wrestling product either.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Trollologist posted:

What Culture Pro Wrestling (? existed?)

existed for quite a while, it's what got rebranded to Defiant, but then was murdered by the assault on monetised pro wrestling by the coward youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcHBR-ps1UA

this was also about the time when ITV tried to relaunch World Of Sport and WWE responded by trying to sign literally every independent talent in the UK for a project (do not ask what the progect is)

in context, for World Of Sport to have been considered a success it would have needed to do two million weekly viewers to justify a saturday afternoon timeslot on ITV (i.e. it would need to essentially match the viewership Smackdown gets in the US), and it got a quarter of that because:

a) it was never going to do that
b) their big stars were grado, 2016 ospreay and davey boy jr
c) the 'world of sport' name is more of a millstone than anything, like relaunching mid-atlantic in 2022
d) seriously it was never going to beat loving smackdown are you actually on crack

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
So I saw Asuka trending on Twitter the other day, with the news being she's being kept off TV because WWE has no idea what to do with her.

And I think that's absolutely fair. If I was as creatively stunted as WWE, I wouldn't know what to do with this, either.

But are there any fun (or "fun") stories that can be shared about Asuka's time in WWE, or other Japanese talents? I feel like more than a few Japanese people have been scouted and brought into WWE, only for it to be a complete and utter mess. Ultimo Dragon comes to mind from my time when I watched WWE.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
asuka despite being one of the best professional wrestlers in the WWE will never get the push she deserves because she is not charlotte flair

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
She had a long undefeated streak and then suddenly she just disappeared

WWE is so bad lol

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

another Cornette OVW project was "Leviathan" Big Dave Bautista, who despite getting over because he was an unstoppable monster in OVW who never lost and sometimes smashed 3 jobbers at a time, despite taking his first-ever acting classes there where he was notably terrible at it only to go on and be a for-real big-time actor much later, despite being a big success in WWE and a much much huger success in action movies more recently

despite all that, Big Dave has insisted many times that he "didn't learn anything" in OVW. he very probably hosed Jim's wife though, at Jim's request

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Ad by Khad posted:

despite all that, Big Dave has insisted many times that he "didn't learn anything" in OVW. he very probably hosed Jim's wife though, at Jim's request

Donning my best Cornette impression here:

probably Cornette posted:

Look, Dave. I'm gonna call you Dave because we're in the locker room, with the boys. But out there? That's kayfabe and you're Leviathan! I don't care if your eating lunch or taking a poo poo, or hugging your kids, you're the loving Leviathan until you get here. In fact, don't hug your kids anymore.Or your family! If they see you breaking kayfabe it'll expose the business!

But you know what the Leviathan would do? He's a huge son of a bitch that takes what he wants. He'd probably gently caress another guys wife just to get heat! Show me how committed you are to wrestling, show me you're real bastard, and gently caress my wife!

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage

ew

please dont fantasy book jim's fantasies

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Trollologist posted:

Donning my best Cornette impression here:

Please don't

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

i did laugh somewhat when it turned out that jim cornette and jim cornette's fat wife were swingers and all the "stop making fun of charlotte flair's face" people immediately started puffing out their cheeks and slutshaming jim cornette's fat wife

it turns out bodyshaming is actually cool and good if it's against people who book bad or their completely uninvolved family members

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

You aren’t a swinger when it’s always just the husband watching a bunch of single male 20 something Indy scrubs and 20something single male wwe development prospects being goaded into having a round with the missus.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

iirc the guy who claimed jim cornette tried to get him to sleep with his wife for a push was in his 30s and showed texts from, like, three years after jim cornette last had a job with hiring power anywhere

so either it was complete bullshit, or as a much better option, someone dicked down jim cornette's fat 60-something wife because they independently thought it might be a foot in the door with ring of honor

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Jamesman posted:

So I saw Asuka trending on Twitter the other day, with the news being she's being kept off TV because WWE has no idea what to do with her.

And I think that's absolutely fair. If I was as creatively stunted as WWE, I wouldn't know what to do with this, either.

But are there any fun (or "fun") stories that can be shared about Asuka's time in WWE, or other Japanese talents? I feel like more than a few Japanese people have been scouted and brought into WWE, only for it to be a complete and utter mess. Ultimo Dragon comes to mind from my time when I watched WWE.

Adapt a Jojo Storyline.
Give her a stand.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

TIL that Jim Cornette, who i can literally remember from my childhood, is somehow still the most hated heel in pro wrestling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

asuka despite being one of the best professional wrestlers in the WWE will never get the push she deserves because she is not charlotte flair
IIRC there was a three-way match with Charlotte, Becky, and Asuka where Asuka got concussed and the match was sloppy and Charlotte got flak for not noting/caring Asuka was hosed up.

Then Asuka disappeared after Kairi disappeared :(