Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Grittybeard posted:

Guy going for G toward the beginning is low key one of the funnier things going on there.

I'm a big fan of the lady trying to solve it with 'hat' even though H and T were both already on the board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Bird in a Blender posted:

Watched The French Dispatch on HBO, and I was fairly underwhelmed. I thought it started and end strong, but the middle two sections weren't all that great. Also felt like Wes Anderson kind of going over the top with his style. The mostly disconnected stories didn't really help either, although I get what he was going for. Just didn't have a lot of investment in what was going on. I don't think it was his worst movie, but it's pretty far down the list.

I liked The French Dispatch but yeah being sooo enslaved to The New Yorker style can be a definite turn-off for those that don't care for that. It could've been a short TV mini series and people wouldn't bat an eye.

Meanwhile I'm watching Pacific Rim this morning and this movie is sooo fun. It also reminds me that Nightmare Alley is out and has a Best Picture nomination. :aaaaa:

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

Bird in a Blender posted:

George McCaskey clearly said he’s just a fan! I think they like it, they’re just very bad at running a team.

Baseball owners I think are jealous of all the other leagues with some sort of cap and want in.

I dunno, I'm not convinced the McCaskeys don't just like feeling important.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
This seems like a good point on the baseball thing.

https://twitter.com/barry/status/1499029188820492289

The owners motivation doesn't seem to kick in for a while yet.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Watch Report

Cage's Pig is a great movie. Probably not for everyone though. Also, a total bait and switch. I don't want to say too much about it because discovering what this movie is really about is half the enjoyment.

Licorice Pizza is a movie full of great acting, where nothing meaningful happens in any scene. Also it's a story of a relationship between a 25 year old and a 15 year old and at no point does anyone mention this. WTF. Do not recommend.

Power of the Dog is so goddamn boring. I could not get through it.

Honestly, I found Power of the Dog and Licorice Pizza both boring, pretentious Oscar bait.

Peacemaker was hilarious and great fun.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Mar 2, 2022

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I am not sure who Pig would not be for. Fantastic film. Legitimate Oscar snub along with Red Rocket. Though Red Rocket definitely is not for everyone. .

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

If we're gonna grab up Russian yachts and apartments, we should be confiscating 30 baseball teams and jailing treasonous Rob Manfred

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I am not sure who Pig would not be for. Fantastic film. Legitimate Oscar snub along with Red Rocket. Though Red Rocket definitely is not for everyone. .

People without a heart who are looking for a straight up revenge flick with a violent payoff.

I liked it a lot.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Pig is one of my favorite movies of the past few years. It is criminal that it didn't get a single Oscar nomination.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Good news, everyone!

https://twitter.com/TheJohnDiMaggio/status/1498788959198978052

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

With blackjack and hookers?!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

lol the owners pushed negotiations past midnight and tried to sneak a bunch of changes in, got caught, then hit the ground with propaganda first thing in the am to vilify the players for ‘changing their tone.’

In short:

https://twitter.com/joe_sheehan/status/910628793823379456?s=21

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Bandcamp got bought by Epic Games? What on earth...

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Kalli posted:

Bandcamp got bought by Epic Games? What on earth...

free song thursdays?

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

I figured they'd work it out.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

What's it called when text causes you to perfectly hear a voice in your head?

I fear this is going to be the best bit we see from a resurrection of the previously resurrected Futurama.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

The Puppy Bowl posted:

If it’s not named already, it should be the Farnsworth or McClure Effect

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

LeeMajors posted:

lol the owners pushed negotiations past midnight and tried to sneak a bunch of changes in, got caught, then hit the ground with propaganda first thing in the am to vilify the players for ‘changing their tone.’

In short:

https://twitter.com/joe_sheehan/status/910628793823379456?s=21

Also every rule change on the table is awful. Advertising on uniforms? Yuck. Universal DH? Ugh. Even more playoff expansion? Suck my loving dick.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

General Dog posted:

Also every rule change on the table is awful. Advertising on uniforms? Yuck. Universal DH? Ugh. Even more playoff expansion? Suck my loving dick.

Agreed. They wanted a 14 team playoff.

It’s a shame how much the commissioner and owners hate the game of baseball.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I fear this is going to be the best bit we see from a resurrection of the previously resurrected Futurama.

tbh I'm hearing it as Frank Costanza

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNXhh7D9_cA&t=32s

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

LeeMajors posted:

Agreed. They wanted a 14 team playoff.

It’s a shame how much the commissioner and owners hate the game of baseball.

They all loving suck so bad. Every change is worse for baseball. I know some players want the universal DH, but I hate it. Expanded playoffs would be the worst too. Playoffs are already too long as it is.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I'm listening to sports radio because my fiancée wants to win their hourly call in prize, and man sports radio sucks. "Yeah, the players are right, but let's play devil's advocate, how does increasing the luxury tax make Tampa Bay spend more money?" Ughhh gently caress off!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

As with the NFL CBA's, if they're screaming poverty, show us the books.

Changes to the game are whatever, you can build around that poo poo, but as long as the top team is spending what the bottom 8 teams are combined, then what are you even doing?

I knew it was bad, but checked that earlier and just laughed hard that the Orioles spent less then what Robert Quinn got paid last year

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Kalli posted:

As with the NFL CBA's, if they're screaming poverty, show us the books.

Changes to the game are whatever, you can build around that poo poo, but as long as the top team is spending what the bottom 8 teams are combined, then what are you even doing?

I knew it was bad, but checked that earlier and just laughed hard that the Orioles spent less then what Robert Quinn got paid last year

Not to mention the poverty wages of minor leaguers.

All while a bunch of doughy, baby soft finance villains soak up all the cash and contribute nothing.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I tend not to think of this for most jobs, but I absolutely could be in the top half of American major sports team owners without much effort.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

I've said it before, but playoff expansion is deeply pro-owner- not just because of the direct increase in television revenue, but because when you have a 14-16 team field, the incentive to assemble a 95-win roster versus an 85-win roster basically goes out the window. You put together a just-over-.500 quality roster on the cheap, and you can turn to the fans and say truthfully, "we can compete for a championship with this team", and you're not lying. The playoffs have always been a crapshoot, and they'll be even more of a crapshoot when you're probably looking at a format with a bunch of 1-game or 3-game series on the front end.

General Dog fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 2, 2022

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
A 14 team playoff would let in so many teams with losing records. It's funny in football when some 7-9 team sneaks in because the variable nature of a small number of games. A team that lost 83+ getting in is a lot less amusing, much less multiple losers which 14 would have fairly regularly.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

bobjr posted:

I tend not to think of this for most jobs, but I absolutely could be in the top half of American major sports team owners without much effort.

In terms of win/loss record, or revenue? Just guessing you and the other owners may not be using the same scale to measure success.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean if they can beat a supposedly better team in a playoff series I don't care that much. If some 100 win team is now so injured or whatever it loses to a sub .500 team, then they're weak and would lose against whatever other 100 win team they would've faced.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Kalli posted:

I mean if they can beat a supposedly better team in a playoff series I don't care that much. If some 100 win team is now so injured or whatever it loses to a sub .500 team, then they're weak and would lose against whatever other 100 win team they would've faced.

Individual baseball results are extremely arbitrary, and 5 or even 7-game series are pretty arbitrary. The playoff in general is a concession of legitimacy you make in exchange for entertainment, but in general baseball plays a long season and has a small playoff field (relative to other sports) to at least ensure that the teams that go into the random number generator that is the playoff are all pretty good and deserving.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

bobjr posted:

That's my whole thing when this poo poo comes up. The worst MLB player is better at playing baseball than I ever was, but I'm pretty sure I could own the Brewers just as well as whoever currently owns them.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
Cmon you bastards finish Forbidden West so I can talk with you about it

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonNYC/status/1498403968325767170

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

GD_American posted:

i'm working on it I just got through thebes last night which was kind of my first underwhelming moment in a game full of highlights

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Elden Ring

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

GD_American posted:

I just started HZD like last week, gonna be a while for me lol

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I keep getting distracted by all the sidequests before I can get to the main line in Horizon. Sure I can continue this main quest but there's a rebel camp nearby and I need to murder everyone in there first.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

No idea if real, don't really care. Enjoy every single shooter lobby you've ever been in:

https://twitter.com/einherjarvalk/status/1498803573240565763

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

It is pretty wild to me that the media does not seem to be carrying water for the owners this time. How much do you have to suck to have these guys calling you out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Advertising on the uniforms absolutely needs to be a hard line in the sand for players. They don't get any of that money and it's their face next to the ad.