Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Marcus has grown on me a lot and I hope he keeps being the guy that random stuff just relentlessly happens to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Sol provides the best plot armor

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
He's such a sad sack poo poo dad. He really thinks he loves Paul and wants to be part of a family, but he's not, he's a dumb piece of poo poo that fucks everything up and it's kind of a joy to see.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Open Source Idiom posted:

He's such a sad sack poo poo dad. He really thinks he loves Paul and wants to be part of a family, but he's not, he's a dumb piece of poo poo that fucks everything up and it's kind of a joy to see.

Honestly, if you replace Paul with Campion, the same could be said about Father.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
What do we think the new android will do? There were some pretty threatening looking scenes in the last episode, but it only did one thing which was a medical baby scan, so it doesn't seem super threatening yet. I bet there's some nightmare face behind the veil, though.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I assume it just has the face of the creature that Marcus found. The veil was there so we wouldn't see it yet.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

redreader posted:

What do we think the new android will do? There were some pretty threatening looking scenes in the last episode, but it only did one thing which was a medical baby scan, so it doesn't seem super threatening yet. I bet there's some nightmare face behind the veil, though.

I mean, it glowed a lot already! Now it's standing still. And has already performed a medical scan while veiled. What more do you want from our (old) new android?!

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

redreader posted:

What do we think the new android will do?
Make Father feel inadequate.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s gonna be Mother, just another one off the production line. We’ll find out she was sent a long time ago to repopulate humans but failed because she never figured out the fruit was poisonous.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It’ll definitely have fathers face. Then he’s gonna kiss it.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

redreader posted:

Birth an even bigger snake

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
She will praise and respect Father for being so useful and strong.

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Well, we can see from the body and nose that it's not just another mother. It's a new thing entirely. I'll just go with 'it's entirely benevolent and won't have a new nightmarish way to murder people'.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

Marcus breaking the fourth wall to be one of the audience: "WHAT THE gently caress!?"

This and the magnificent faceless daughterbot god squad massacre is legit the first time I've ever applauded a film or TV show, I cracked up completely in delight and disbelief at what I was watching.

I'm desperate to learn more about Dadbot's bit on the side.

This episode brought pure joy to my cold, dead heart. I tried describing it to friends and it just sounds like the drug-fuelled ravings of a madman.

Nuts and Gum posted:

Did I dream this or did Sue de-escalate a conflict with an alien acid monster by acting like a dog?

Either way it’s true in my book.

This loving owned too.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.
The ancient android is gonna make the orphan thing come true by ganking the girl as soon as the baby is born, then use some kind of alien magic to rapidly age the kid up and like... Milk something? Milk the snake. Yes.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
*put the android milk in a bowl of cereal; eats the cereal and immediately transforms into an Umbrella Corporation monstrosity*

ANDROID MILK: PART OF A BALANCED BREAKFAST

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Me, watching this show:

boo boo bear
Oct 1, 2009

I'm COMPLETELY OBSESSED with SEXY EGGS

redreader posted:

give birth to a pack of wolverines. circle of life.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I was worried this episode might be slow, and then mermaid kidnap :allears:

Ohhh. So the seed box is the thing blocking the signal?

Edit: Mum became a tree tho.

Stop listening to Sol dumb dumbs! He tried to have you shot last year, Mary/Sue.

Father's psychotic new robot girlfriend is not where I saw this plot going, but drat I do not hate it.

Did anyone think Tempest would give birth to a rat man baby?

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Mar 3, 2022

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

what is happening

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

drat. gently caress not sue :(

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

CODChimera posted:

drat. gently caress not sue :(

Yeah that was super hosed up.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
Let it wash over me

I am becoming one with the milk

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Open Source Idiom posted:

I was worried this episode might be slow, and then mermaid kidnap :allears:

genuinely loving insane, when it opened up i thought "please no"

masterpine
Dec 3, 2014

I'm really afraid that this show will finish at some point and not provide some clear answers to what is going on.

...I'm absolutely terrified though, that the show will finish up cleanly and answer all the mysteries. This wild bullshit show making sense in the end is a horrifying thought.

RIP Sue, gonna miss that mullet. Maybe the tree has a mullet somewhere, that would be nice

Praise the milk

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

I just watched last week's episode and I was wondering what the writers room must be like. If this was an AMC show the whole season would be just focused on the mithraic and they'd be annoying the whole season arc.

It's like they go "what's an annoying trope, let's do the opposite of that"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
goin on down to the acid seaaaaaa/gonna have myself a bay-beeeeee

sootikins
May 24, 2008

Did I ever. Remember it as if it were yesterday. Soon as I woke, I went to empty my bowels - my favorite part of the day. Defecatin' to the sunrise - downright glorious.
I admit, I was only half paying attention during tempests dramatic walk on the beach and then :tviv:

Did anyone else notice marcus' forehead veins starting to get darker again right after he ate whatever that flesh seed fruit was?

This show is a fever dream and I love it

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i want a spinoff that is just Marcus travelling to a new planet every week and each one is more hosed up than the last one. lots of terrible things happen to him and he experiences horrors beyond the ken of most but he always escapes at the end of the show only to end up at an even more hosed up planet next week. the theme song is called "the Ballad of Why-Does-This-poo poo-Keep-Happening-To-Me." still workshopping his catch phrase but right now it is "sol please let me die."

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

This show should never end.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i wish they would release whole seasons so i could bingewatch this. drat the suspense of this nonsensical scifi acidfantasy show

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

something tells me hoversnake wants to eat from that new tree

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

masterpine posted:

I'm really afraid that this show will finish at some point and not provide some clear answers to what is going on.

...I'm absolutely terrified though, that the show will finish up cleanly and answer all the mysteries. This wild bullshit show making sense in the end is a horrifying thought.

Didn't they say they have a plan for 5 seasons?

So, this is my first time venturing into this thread, and I'm pretty much the only person I know who watches this crazy show. Is there a general consensus on what overall is happening?

My theory based on from watching the show: At some point humanity on Earth got to the point where religion was not much of a thing anymore, and most people were athiests. Then there was some sort of signal from an alien intelligence that people interpreted as a god, and began worshiping it. The "god" gave them knowledge and technology and directed that its followers destroy the athiests, and all out world war broke up. Near the end it gave them the coordinates for its own long destroyed home planet, and told them to come, telling them it's for the purpose of coming to god or whatever, but really it just wants to use them to restart its own civilization.

What am I getting wrong? I'm sure something, since I haven't been following any fan theories.

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Sentinel Red posted:

This and the magnificent faceless daughterbot god squad massacre

I was watching this in vlc and accidentally pressed the key that accelerates playback speed just as daughterbot's rampage started so it was comically accelerated and I genuinely thought they did it on purpose as it looked equal parts dumb and amazing
I was disappointed when I figured out what happened

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Doctor Jeep posted:

genuinely loving insane, when it opened up i thought "please no"

it was very upsetting. cant wait to see the one third merman one third baby one third snake creature that it becomes

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
"And then Sue was a tree."

Hahahahahahahahaha never change show, never change.

Memnaelar
Feb 21, 2013

WHO is the goodest girl?
This is, by far, the best/worst show on TV right now.

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
i can't process that this is a streaming television show that hbo produced. i am overwhelmed with gratitude that not one single button down rear end in a top hat in the process nixed the acid mermaid kidnap scene.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Memnaelar posted:

This is, by far, the best/worst show on TV right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Scrotum Modem posted:

something tells me hoversnake wants to eat from that new tree

or to destroy it. perhaps the thing that created the snake is different to "sol"? I'm definitely going to rewatch S1 after this one ends