Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Fister Roboto posted:

Tsarist Russia: famously not evil

Reagan never called Tsarist Russia the evil empire so checkmate libturd :freep:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It occurs to me that there are probably a very large portion of Americans who think that everything was just fine and dandy in Russia before 1917 and the revolution just happened for no reason.

And also that there's a large overlap with Americans who think that Russia is still communist.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Raised By Birds posted:

Tony Branco

This Kerry thing and the "80's called" thing... it's funny seeing the same talking point filtering out amongst the right, cartoonist by cartoonist.

There is not a single thing drawn right on that Kerry, I'm genuinely infuriated at how poo poo it is. LOOK AT THAT. His head is longer than his torso. His hands are smaller than his nametag button, and I don't know what the hell is going on with his arms, because the left one's forearm is half the size of his upper arm and the right one doesn't exist at all, which is why there is a tiny man hiding behind him holding up a sign that's going to bean him in the face if he turns his head back, which he may as well do because there is no way he is actually looking at that woman who appears to be standing at least a few inches out of his direct line of sight.

I'd be interested in knowing the percentage of Branco cartoons that consist of nothing more than "one person says thing I think is stupid while other person looks bored and annoyed", because it has to be close to 99%.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Raised By Birds posted:

This Kerry thing and the "80's called" thing... it's funny seeing the same talking point filtering out amongst the right, cartoonist by cartoonist.

That line made them so mad holy poo poo, they're still seething a decade later ahaha

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Raised By Birds posted:

Marshall Ramsey

Look man, when people have been saying Zelensky is the Colbert of Ukraine they weren't being literal.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

kartikeya posted:

There is not a single thing drawn right on that Kerry, I'm genuinely infuriated at how poo poo it is. LOOK AT THAT. His head is longer than his torso. His hands are smaller than his nametag button, and I don't know what the hell is going on with his arms, because the left one's forearm is half the size of his upper arm and the right one doesn't exist at all, which is why there is a tiny man hiding behind him holding up a sign that's going to bean him in the face if he turns his head back, which he may as well do because there is no way he is actually looking at that woman who appears to be standing at least a few inches out of his direct line of sight.

I'd be interested in knowing the percentage of Branco cartoons that consist of nothing more than "one person says thing I think is stupid while other person looks bored and annoyed", because it has to be close to 99%.
As far as standbys, another thing Branco loves is people holding picket signs. At least half his cartoons seem to have some dumb ugly moron holding up a self-incriminating protest sign.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Kaza42 posted:

For what it's worth, I know a lot of sci-fi nerds that are cool with transhumanism (myself included) who are totally on board with trans people. It's not the loudest shittiest segment of the nerd-dom, but I'm pretty sure it's not a rare position. I'd like to have robot arms and brain-computer interfaces, why would I give a single poo poo about what you want your genitals to look like? A person with their brain distributed among a swarm of robots is still a person, why would it be a problem to call someone "they/them"?

Among all the weird things in sci-fi, the idea of 'changing your gender to reflect your identity' is such a small thing.

Let's be honest: if androidization was cheap and popular enough to do, I could see some folks with designer bodies of different genders. I could see a customization scene as common as cars, but for the human form. One of these turbo-rich assholes with a garage of new chassis they can jump into with minimal fuss. And that's just with solid machinery, that's before we get to brain uploading, ferrofluid constructs or distributed consciousness.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Rall: The Annals of Woke Progress

Ted Rall posted:

For identity politics “work” liberals, symbolic gains in diversity are all that really matter when gauging progress. Rather than focusing on policies that actually improve people’s lives, they promote privileged subsets of historically underprivileged groups. The absurdity and futility of this approach manifests itself when token representatives like Kamala Harris and Hillary Clinton join the ruling classes and become just as oppressive as the traditional old white males.
I'm assuming this was sparked by Ketanji Brown Jackson.

Rall also has this cartoon in Counterpoint similar to his Monday's cartoon:

If you didn't figure out Rall's position on Ukraine from Monday's cartoon where he called Russia's actions an "incursion" he also has an article up on his website titled "How We Got Here: A Brief History of the Ukraine Conflict" (to save anyone the effort it's the exact same reasoning you would get from any Russian ambassador: Azov Battalion; it's all Ukraine, NATO and the US's fault).

First Dog on the Moon: This time the United Nations are trying something different in the face of global annihilation

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I know everyone is laughing at Garrison making Sauron the good guy, but what I personally found most amusing was the long screed where he explained that even as he made multiple cartoons fawning over what a great person Barr was and how perfect he was as attorney general ACTUALLY Garrison knew he was terrible and a traitor from the get go and no one ever gets anything over Ben, no sir!

Edit: also, Rall can go eat poo poo, per the usual.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

I think I kind of like this metaphor. Putin probably didn't expect this much resistance from Ukraine but it doesn't seem like Ukraine is overpowering his army. So the metaphor of stepping on a lego block seems appropriate, it really hurts and you're going to feel bad for a bit but you won't die from it.

Raised By Birds posted:

Jack Ohman

Tom Stiglich

So many pants...on the ground...

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I am not a fan of Campbell's weird pseudo-cubist style, but this is actually a pretty good poltoon.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Fister Roboto posted:

It occurs to me that there are probably a very large portion of Americans who think that everything was just fine and dandy in Russia before 1917 and the revolution just happened for no reason.

And also that there's a large overlap with Americans who think that Russia is still communist.

What did you think White supremacy meant?

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
"Boy Wonders"

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"Boy Wonders"

Rip Burt Ward.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

BEAN BAG
"FURNITURE"

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Biden is bad if he takes oil from Russia but also Biden is bad because oil is now more expensive

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

I love seeing all these cartoons about how Russia's invasion of Ukraine proves that caring about climate change is dumb. Really shows how their brains are broken on such a fundamental level they can't take in any new information without framing it in their personal grievances.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

sirtommygunn posted:

I love seeing all these cartoons about how Russia's invasion of Ukraine proves that caring about climate change is dumb. Really shows how their brains are broken on such a fundamental level they can't take in any new information without framing it in their personal grievances.

Two bad things can't be happening at once, so if there's war there's no more climate change.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

"Hmm, Putin is like Hitler, but what symbolizes Hitler?.... err, hmm now let's think........... I know, the flag of Ukraine!"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This is an ok joke (for Drunky Duck) but these look like children with adult heads.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Trump is my big strong buff daddy always owning the libs and staying one step ahead of the Deep State, you just can't tell because he's constantly tripping over his own dick and putting trust and power in the hands of liberal RINO traitors and backstabbers whose perfidy is so obvious a cartoonist saw it coming from day one

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

sirtommygunn posted:

I think they're running with a misinterpretation of whatever John Kerry said while they wait for Biden to make some definite action that they can oppose.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Vladimir Putin’s angel and devil – Russian leader condemned for invading Ukraine"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Treasurer Josh Frydenberg. Hopes ‘raised and dashed’ in aged care response (SMH).

Wilcox:

Shakespeare:

Lethbridge:

Rowe:

Spooner:

I'm fairly sure this is a repeat from last year which means some editor at The Australian decided this was worth printing again.

Procrastine
Mar 30, 2011

I thought the last panel was a joke. No, Tucker Carlson actually said that. Beyond parody

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

https://twitter.com/KartoonistKelly/status/1499133152035434496

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013

quote:

THE SAD SORRY STATE OF THE UNION

Biden has been a slimy, lying, career politician since the the early 1970s. He says whatever he thinks it will take to win elections and approval. During last night’s State Of The Union speech, he promised everything would be fixed with a wave of his magic government wand. Inflation? Price controls! Child care costs? Throw government money at it! More money for the police, but more money to make sure they also behave. Any problem can be solved by spending more and expanding government. He’s been at this a long time. One must question why he hasn’t fixed these things earlier. After all, he’s been a mover and shaker in the Senate and as Vice President. What he really did was make everything worse and he’s making things worse now.

Obama spent billions of dollars to overthrow Ukraine’s pro-Russian president and make the country pro-western. The money laundering vultures descended on that country to get their kickbacks. Biden’s son Hunter was paid millions of dollars. The children of Pelosi, Romney, Biden, and John Kerry and many others also mopped up. Of course, this is denied up and down by the compromised fact checkers. Regardless, Biden could have easily agreed that Ukraine would not become part of NATO. Putin’s concerns were genuine. He didn’t want biological weapons labs and nuclear weapons so close to Russia. He wanted a buffer zone. Joe dug in his stupid, stubborn heels. Biden is responsible for the War in Ukraine.

Instead of masks, nearly everyone attending Joe’s speech sported Ukrainian ribbons. We’re now supposed to be angry not at those who refuse dangerous and experimental vaccines, but rather at Americans who want us to mind our own business. We’re told to take sides—the globalists’ side. It’s funny how war easily replaced a so-called pandemic. If you question the war, we’re met with the same anger when we questioned the vaccines. After the speech I watched Fox News and the war mongers were out in force. They constantly questioned Putin’s mental well-being when they should be questioning Joe’s.

Mr. Hairdo, Sean Hannity, gets paid $25 million per year from Fox to push the conservative side of the globalist agenda. He constantly praises his regular guest, Mark Levin, as “The Great One.” That has always been off-putting to me. Well, Levin is great at war-mongering. With his high-pitched nasal drill of a voice he angrily condemned those Americans who don’t cheerlead for war against Russia. He also wants to attack Iran. Sure, Levin loves Israel, but America has been pumping billions of dollars into that country for years. Can’t they take care of themselves?

And why stop at war with Iran? North Korea has treated their population with brutality for nearly 70 years. Why not rescue those poor people? War with North Korea! And what about China? They lock up millions in concentration camps because of their religious views or ethnicity. They conduct slave labor, boil dogs alive in oil, and rip out internal organs for profit. War with China! But no, Levin is selective in his choice of wars. Still, you can bet your bottom dollar he won’t be fighting in any of them. Young Americans will spill their blood and make him happy. Mr. Levin, you are not great. You agree with Soros, Schwab, and the globalist Davos crowd when it comes to Ukraine. You no longer have me fooled. I regret buying one of your books. If the nuclear bombs drop, I’m sure you and your angry bald head will be kept safe in some luxurious bunker.

Back to Joe’s speech: Joe refused to admit any responsibility for everything that has gone wrong, even though everything he has touched has been a disaster. His speech was chock-full of lies and empty promises.

He ended his speech with “Go get him!” Go get who, Joe?

I’ll tell you who we need to get: Donald Trump back in office. He’s the rightful president, not you.

— Ben Garrison

"Putin’s concerns were genuine."

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Wait I thought Biden was a huge pussy letting Putin walk all over him and giving into his every demand, now I'm hearing that Biden is a relentless bully forcing Putin to wage a justified preemptive war and Biden should have given into all of Putin's demands at the start?

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

No one tell Ben that the ship wheel isn't responsible for keeping the ship above water.

fake edit: I accidentally typed 'poo poo' at first, which would also be appropriate.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

More money for the police, but more money to make sure they also behave.

Ben Garrison: Biden is defunding the police! Can you believe he would dare defund those brave defenders of law and order? What a crazy leftist!

Also Ben Garrison: Biden is giving the police too much money! Can you believe he would spend so much money on the police? What a crazy leftist!

quote:

Putin’s concerns were genuine. He didn’t want biological weapons labs and nuclear weapons so close to Russia. He wanted a buffer zone.

This makes total sense, you see, by invading Ukraine and annexing it to Russia, Putin will achieve his goal of Uoh wait no that actually makes biological weapons labs and nuclear weapons even closer to Russia you incredibly dumb motherfucker! If Putin wanted a buffer zone to keep those things away from Russia, that's literally what Ukraine loving was!

Goddamn at least Rall is getting paid by Russia to spout lovely Russian propaganda, Garrison does it for free.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
It's totally fine to use entire other countries, where people live, as "buffer zones"

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Twelve by Pies posted:

Ben Garrison: Biden is defunding the police! Can you believe he would dare defund those brave defenders of law and order? What a crazy leftist!

Also Ben Garrison: Biden is giving the police too much money! Can you believe he would spend so much money on the police? What a crazy leftist!

This makes total sense, you see, by invading Ukraine and annexing it to Russia, Putin will achieve his goal of Uoh wait no that actually makes biological weapons labs and nuclear weapons even closer to Russia you incredibly dumb motherfucker! If Putin wanted a buffer zone to keep those things away from Russia, that's literally what Ukraine loving was!

Goddamn at least Rall is getting paid by Russia to spout lovely Russian propaganda, Garrison does it for free.

The right wing story going around is that Ukraine was home to hundreds of US-backed bio weapons labs which Russia is in the process of shutting down

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

As usual, Kelly said it best.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
https://twitter.com/jmetr22b/status/1499127499732754432?t=727M9rWPdsuMNweoHb6pOw&s=19

Wondering if Eric Allie will actually doing a cartoon about this!

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

seiferguy posted:

https://twitter.com/jmetr22b/status/1499127499732754432?t=727M9rWPdsuMNweoHb6pOw&s=19

Wondering if Eric Allie will actually doing a cartoon about this!

Yes it's in my email, subject "told you so"

Illinois Policy Institute, the last people I saw paying Allie posted:

Former Illinois House Speaker Michael Madigan was indicted by a federal grand jury March 2 on racketeering and bribery charges. His 36-year tenure as Speaker was the longest of any state house leader in U.S. history.

The indictment alleges Madigan orchestrated an illegal bribery scheme with utility company Commonwealth Edison in return for influence over favorable legislation in Springfield.

It also accuses him of soliciting business for his private property tax law firm during a project involving state-owned land used for a commercial development.

The southwest side Democrat served as Democratic party chair for over 20 years and was first mentioned in the federal corruption probe in 2020. He resigned as Speaker over a year ago in January 2021. He is 79 and has maintained his innocence.

In 2016, the Illinois Policy Institute launched the documentary, "Madigan: Power. Privilege. Politics.," which exposed Madigan's corruption and the system he'd built, which gave him the power to call the shots in Springfield for decades.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgVP3H122nw

E: lol, that vid which they embedded in the email is 56 minutes long.

kartikeya
Mar 17, 2009

Kaza42 posted:

The right wing story going around is that Ukraine was home to hundreds of US-backed bio weapons labs which Russia is in the process of shutting down

Russia would absolutely shut down hundreds of bio weapons labs in a country they've conquered, I'm sure we would never see any products from these labs being put to use, good for them.

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Robert Ariail

Clay Bennett

Steve Breen

Stuart Carlson

Jeff Danziger

Matt Davies

John Deering

Bob Gorrell

Joe Heller

Clay Jones

Mike Lester

Jack Ohman

Henry Payne

Joel Pett

Michael Ramirez

Drew Sheneman

Tom Stiglich

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Reeks What They Sow After just one year of President Biden, the ‘State Of The Union” is strong, as in reaks.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Kaza42 posted:

Wait did Biden set them all up in a year's time, or was it Trump putting in the bio weapons labs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/bitterkarella/status/1498104642881798149?s=20&t=w--FaO8ji6KqaSLMoMSCTQ

I know it's already been shared but drat people need to keep up on this thread where this person goes through all the old Sinfest comics to chart his descent into madness. Currently in 2011 you can see a moment where Ishida ~really~ seems to be playing footsie with the idea of swapping gender roles. I always kind of suspected that the comic's shift to TERFdom was the result of some sort of personal gender crisis and now I'm almost certain that's the case.

https://twitter.com/bitterkarella/status/1499107592924057602?s=20&t=4joLKX6PyIbPFR-97Xxeng

https://twitter.com/bitterkarella/status/1499265492531302403?s=20&t=IZuD3OKxMqEXw_L-lYXp9A

E: Also this may just be the best description of Sinfest I've ever read:

https://twitter.com/bitterkarella/status/1499252166313209862?s=20&t=WzAJsreQRhmyCPmOkV_nBQ

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Mar 3, 2022