Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'm 45 hours in and I just realized that you can switch in between the underground and overground maps instead of having to take a lift up to access roundtable hold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh joy! I explored Stormveil again, there were some areas I hadn't been through yet, though I think I still have all the bonfires. Can't figure out the big locked contraptions either, but this place has me ending up doubling and tripling back to the same drat places a lot even when I think I'm taking a new way. Anyway found the Rogier chapel but he was gone obviously this far into the game, but I was surprised he was actually in my roundtable hall all this time, just somewhere I didn't think NPCs hung out. So I haven't hosed his quest at all. Cool!!!

gorgeous

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

berenzen posted:

I'm 45 hours in and I just realized that you can switch in between the underground and overground maps instead of having to take a lift up to access roundtable hold.

you know what else is pretty neat if you hit the button to bring up the list of sites of grace then a button appears to immediately port yourself to the roundtable instead of having to zoom out and highlight it

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
I think the Mariner is one of the coolest enemy designs.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
At some point an NPC warns you that eating dragon parts to gain powers will cause you to lose your humanity or something. Does that actually manifest in any way or is it just lore fluff?

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.
ngl I don't think there's any denying that this is the best FromSoft game

ds2 is second :colbert:

e: that cute eldtree, <3 hempuli

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

coolusername posted:

I also lost 5k runes by dying by falling off a cliff, ressing at the tunnel grace, and walking off the edge not realising the elevator didn’t automatically reset. :doh:

Even though I've been killed multiple times by elevators in From games, and should know better I just did the same thing tonight.

Hell, usually if I suspect I'll be making multiple trips I'll send the thing back so that it'll be waiting for me when I die. This time there were two elevators and I only sent one back :doh:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
where can i find the earliest sorcery tool

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
Is there any goddamn way to turn off the jump of your horse bullshit. I have never once intentionally wanted to do it and it has gotten me killed when I've gotten rock bull down to 10% live at least 6 times

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

coolusername posted:

I also lost 5k runes by dying by falling off a cliff, ressing at the tunnel grace, and walking off the edge not realising the elevator didn’t automatically reset. :doh:

Lol THAT one brings me back. It's like a souls game initiation ritual, I can still remember the elevator in dark souls 1 that got me.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Scoss posted:

At some point an NPC warns you that eating dragon parts to gain powers will cause you to lose your humanity or something. Does that actually manifest in any way or is it just lore fluff?

I think it changes your character's face, I've munched a few and my pupils look a little weird. Not sure if it's anything other than cosmetic though

Orv
May 4, 2011
I found a third Mariner. I panic laughed and did not return.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

The lake of rot is the loving worst poison swamp they've done holy poo poo. Does scarlet rot deal % damage or flat damage, because it's ripping through me even at 1750 health.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

f#a# posted:

ngl I don't think there's any denying that this is the best FromSoft game

ds2 is second :colbert:

e: that cute eldtree, <3 hempuli

honestly still vibing to sekiro a little more, but I appreciate a stat-less, curated adventure

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh after all this time I've encountered a Crucible Knight.

I thought I knew pain until this moment.

:negative:

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Fire Giant sucks. Did the cliff cheese get patched? Tried it twice with em but he was fine after the drop.

Really tired of the "Two bosses at once!" gimmick too. Gargoyles were a slog with their poison breath.

Tbh Id say I only enjoyed like half the bosses, roughly. Anyone else kind of bleh on most of them?

Also Im addicted to buffing weapons. Ive got 6 of em at +14 or higher. I should decide on a greatsword to work with, any suggestions? I generally do shield in offhand. Thinking Claymore should work.

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 06:36 on Mar 3, 2022

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Fire Giant sucks. Did the cliff cheese get patched? Tried it twice with em but he was fine after the drop.

Really tired of the "Two bosses at once!" gimmick too. Gargoyles were a slog with their poison breath.

Tbh Id say I only enjoyed like half the bosses, roughly. Anyone else kind of bleh on most of them?

Most of them are "previous game boss" at worst, even the reused fights have typically been fun. Only Commander O'neil has been hateful to me.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
turns up racing up to 60 Int so I could use a boss weapon was a mistake because even as a Somber stone +5 weapon its still strictly inferior to the Meteorite staff and likely won't overtake it until its +8 or better.

Goddamn the Meteorite Staff is OP as hell and massively obsoletes all other staves until way too late.

Also it would probably let me win more boss fights if I had more than 500 hp instead of having to really 'git gud' at dodging. At least my spells hit like a truck

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

If I use what's-her-name to reroll my stats, do I get to poke around with my stats first to see what I end up with or do I have to spend the resource before getting to look at the re-stat screen?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

ive been a sorcery guy so far but my character feels kinda lovely and all the cool stuff and spells i find seem to be faith related. ive also been stuck using this meteor staff for what feels like forever because everything else has obscene stat requirements or needs a shitload of upgrades before i can figure out if its better than the meteor staff or not.

i just want to cast cool spells and not 31 variations of magic missile. ideally some kind of evil, forbidden spells

Barudak
May 7, 2007

There is gravity, ice and explosion magics

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

juggalo baby coffin posted:

ive been a sorcery guy so far but my character feels kinda lovely and all the cool stuff and spells i find seem to be faith related. ive also been stuck using this meteor staff for what feels like forever because everything else has obscene stat requirements or needs a shitload of upgrades before i can figure out if its better than the meteor staff or not.

i just want to cast cool spells and not 31 variations of magic missile. ideally some kind of evil, forbidden spells

Unfortunately all the evil forbidden stuff is in faith. Also every staff that's actually better than the Meteorite staff is late game and needs 52-70 Int to equip and like 8 upgrades in Somber stones before they pull ahead.

On the plus side there are some cool sorceries with most of them concentrated in the Liurna area. You can get cold spells, magma shots, big gently caress off explosions, giant hammers, giant greatswords etc which are actually worth using unlike almost every Crystal or Glimstone spell not named Pebble.

If you want the really flashy and interesting poo poo its basically all confined to Faith though. Even the 1 Sorcery that qualifies has a 30 Faith requirement. Faith gets almost all the dragon, pyromancy, lightning and evil hex poo poo.

Zore fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 3, 2022

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

What the everloving gently caress is the Radahn fight? I have been breezing through everything this game can throw at me, but what do you even do against a guy who can cross the maximum distance of your ranged attacks during the windup time and one-shot you (with 1000 hp)? And who moves so fast you can't even catch him to melee on horseback? And you can't summon your normal helpers, just these dipshit festival spirits who don't do anything? And he chains infinite melee attacks together that move as fast or faster than you can roll away (so even iframes won't help)?

I'm real loving mad about this since it gates off a bunch of other content that I'm already halfway through.

A bunch of you said it was easy, I literally can't comprehend what to do here. I've one-shot the majority of bosses so far in the game, I think I have the fundamentals.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Elden Ring dot text

https://twitter.com/fumangoo/status/1499258717816033290

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i assure you all the cool faith stuff actually rides on intelligence and stuff and is in fact wizard poo poo, faith sucks

wizards are just a slow roll, find ye self a magic weapon art to make your weapon scale on intelligence. or, you know, a regular standard magical weapon, I think there's a few early on.

elden ring feels very much like a clear limgrove, morne, stormveil, and lakeland before turbo commiting to your niche. maybe not lakeland, but still.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Okay I'm convinced my Roderika is bugged.

So she's at my Roundtable, but she left a Golden Seed AND I found her crimson hood at the pile of bodies you usually find the key item to get her to move. I feel like that's supposed to insinuate her body is in the pile now. Did she just...decide to leave her hood there? Is it always there after she moves even if you give her the key item?

By the way her Crimson Hood increases vigor if any non armor wearers want some more health.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Mar 3, 2022

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Rennala fight is so sick. GOTY

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

The Shortest Path posted:

No it's 20 strength. It doesn't reduce the requirement by 50%, it increases your strength by 50%.

Ya ya you're right, I was thinking of it backwards. I had a 16 St sword and 10 St stat and I still couldn't use it because 2-handed that's still only 15. I had to put one more point in to get my stat to 11.

e:
In other news, Margit phase 2 does not gently caress around :stare:

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

The Hoarfrost Stomp weapon art is insanely good

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.

Vermain posted:

i found what is certifiably the best chestpiece in the game: a goofy looking cloak that gives you a jumping attack damage boost

that + the axe talisman is giving me about 19% bonus damage on jump attacks which is pretty loving meaty
Would you mind sharing the name and/or location in spoilers? I do a lot of jumpy smashy and am still using the Radahn chest so this is relevant to my interests.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

just spent more time than I'd care to admit letting these knights repeatedly climb all the way up this ladder only to get knocked right back down again with charged carian piercer

Bugblatter posted:

She's awful, but the last part of her first encounter can be dealt with by dropping down on her from the rafters. I dunno how to deal with her second encounter because she walked off a ledge to her death, thank god.
I dealt with it with homing arrows ;)

MasterBuilder
Sep 30, 2008
Oven Wrangler
I don't know why they give you the alight st glimmer of hope that you can recover once torrent dies. You are stunned for so long a boss can make lunch, file their taxes, jerk off and still have time to kill your dumb rear end.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Augus posted:

The Rennala fight is so sick. GOTY

it's visually gorgeous, but it's also got the highest amount of tedious running around while you wait for your opportunity to attack out of any boss in the game

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The Redmane Weapon art seems pretty good against crowds of enemies.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Vermain posted:

it's visually gorgeous, but it's also got the highest amount of tedious running around while you wait for your opportunity to attack out of any boss in the game

Ha ha ha Greatsword go clang

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

Would you mind sharing the name and/or location in spoilers? I do a lot of jumpy smashy and am still using the Radahn chest so this is relevant to my interests.
Raptor's Black Feathers, in Sage's Cave

Vermain posted:

not really. you can sprint in under her homing shots and usually can be aggro while summons are around if you position well

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
Beat the game this afternoon after 80 hours and level 143. The weapon you get from the golden knight on the horse at the very beginning of the game carried me all the way through no problem. The stagger on hit was so huge, I could afford to play aggressive. I didn't skip any optional big bosses but I know I missed a few caves here and there I'm sure. Game of the century easily and I wish I could go back in time and play it blind all over again.

Orv
May 4, 2011
To Barudak and whoever it may concern; turns out Astel is hilariously weak to his own juice, the Wing of Astel R2 chunks him very, very hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Corin Tucker's Stalker posted:

on my phone so i can't recall the name, but it's located in the sage's cave on the altus plateau at the back of the big body of water to the north of the big lift's exit. there's a shitload of illusory walls so keep an eye out for messages

IronicDongz posted:

Raptor's Black Feathers, in Sage's Cave

not really. you can sprint in under her homing shots and usually can be aggro while summons are around if you position well

she did a whole lotta back hopping for me, and how aggressive you can play depends on what summon you get and how much poise you have to be able to hyperarmour through getting mobbed

Vermain fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 3, 2022