Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verdugo
Jan 5, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

OgNar posted:

Games > Free Games: EGS Freebies - OK, but not enough for me to finish

Story of my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Okay so wait.

Where does Gamepass fall in the pay-play legal conundrum?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
You don't actually own the games on gamepass, you're just renting them, so you should be able to play them.

El Fideo
Jun 10, 2016

I trusted a rhino and deserve all that came to me

fit em all up in there posted:

it's yours. Do you want me to send it to you via email or on discord ?

gently caress. Yes. email is danielhlorre@gmail.com

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Okay so wait.

To follow up on what Cojawfee said, there is a distinct difference between paying to access games and paying a monthly fee to get games that you still own if you stop paying! Play the games on Game Pass to your heart's content, but keep hoarding those monthly games from Amazon Prime Gaming and don't even look them in the eye.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Okay so wait.

Well.

If you have Gamepass Ultimate, you've got access to a 10 hour trial of Grid Legends. After a hassle of tying your account to the EA Play application.

And also the game -- despite looking very good -- isn't very good

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1498662433157574657?s=20&t=D_s8r7HBr77ZGSBKvJv74A

Kinda free games.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Devil May Cry with cloud latency :hmmno:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I have Prime for the month, might be worth trying out Immortals.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Observer loving rules, and I've been curious about the system redux.

RIP Rutger Hauer. You were a low key super nerd who loved D&D and cyberpunk poo poo.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

Wait a moment, so it's no longer free to own but only cloud gaming access(so when luna croaks you no longer have access to it)? It's a far worse deal

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SlowBloke posted:

Wait a moment, so it's no longer free to own but only cloud gaming access(so when luna croaks you no longer have access to it)? It's a far worse deal

there's no word on if they're stopping giving out games with prime, they're just also doing stuff with their new cloud service

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

They're still doing the free games with Prime, this is just a new thing on top of it to get people to use Luna.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Yeah, they've done Luna games in the past but still don't require it for most of the giveaways.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

SlowBloke posted:

It even says "march 8 to 15" so it's more like a 7-day "free weekend" than actually getting a free game.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It even says "march 8 to 15" so it's more like a 7-day "free weekend" than actually getting a free game.

What a paradox, the one week you can play it is the one week you can't.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
games with prime are up

- steamworld quest
- looK INside
- the stillness of the wind
- pesterquest
- crypto against all odds
- madden '22 (on origin)
- surviving mars (on EGS)

astral
Apr 26, 2004

e: moved giveaway to steam gifting thread

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Madden 22 is also on gamepass where it is legal to play.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I got codes for Bloodstained and Celeste, anyone want them ? I bought the new Humble but already had them.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

I got codes for Bloodstained and Celeste, anyone want them ? I bought the new Humble but already had them.
I'll take Celeste.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

May I have Bloodstained please?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
edit: Damnit, I assumed it'd be a code like Origin.

Q_res fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 3, 2022

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Q_res posted:

I already have Surviving Mars on EGS, so if someone wants my code from Prime you're welcome to it.

Did that one give you a code if you don't have EGS linked? It showed as a redeem-directly when linked for me.

Gun Jam
Apr 11, 2015
I got free codes for:
*Celeste
*Tacoma
, anybody wants?

Note - if you bought either the racial justice bundle on itch.io, or the palestinian justice one, you already own Celeste there.

EDIT:
While I'm here, I also got codes for:
*Pillars of Eternity
*EVERSPACE
*Xenonauts
*Shadowrun Returns
*Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Extended Edition
*Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Gun Jam fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Mar 6, 2022

Kuule hain nussivan
Nov 27, 2008

Gun Jam posted:

I got free codes for:
*Celeste
*Tacoma
, anybody wants?

Note - if you bought either the racial justice bundle on itch.io, or the palestinian justice one, you already own Celeste there.

EDIT:
*Pillars of Eternity
*EVERSPACE
*Xenonauts
*Shadowrun Returns

I'm up for Xenonauts if it's still available. Heard it's supposed to be a pretty good classic X-COM.

Edit: Many thanks to Gun Jam!

Kuule hain nussivan fucked around with this message at 12:14 on Mar 3, 2022

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Gun Jam posted:

I got free codes for:
*Celeste
*Tacoma
, anybody wants?

EDIT:
*Pillars of Eternity
*EVERSPACE
*Xenonauts
*Shadowrun Returns

I'd take Celeste if you still have it. Thanks!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Gun Jam posted:

I got free codes for:
*Celeste
*Tacoma
, anybody wants?

EDIT:
*Pillars of Eternity
*EVERSPACE
*Xenonauts
*Shadowrun Returns

Could I get EVERSPACE?

e:tyvm!

Rinkles fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 3, 2022

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Kuule hain nussivan posted:

I'm up for Xenonauts if it's still available. Heard it's supposed to be a pretty good classic X-COM.

Edit: Many thanks to Gun Jam!

I really enjoyed Xenonauts. I hope you do too.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
Xenonauts is the best take on high granularity time unit based tactics combat I've seen, narrowly beating Jagged Alliance 2. (imo, I won't blame anyone taking the other side)

It has a wide spread of guns, equipment and tactics, and deploying them smartly and adapting to the terrain actually matters. There's a Xenonauts 2 in the works, I have high hopes. I think that style of game is still open for an innovation of some kind that makes the Time Unit Shuffle more fluid. I'm sure someone can figure out something that isn't just "let's actually not have Time Units".

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
The early access space mining sim ΔV: Rings of Saturn has removed all the restrictions from the free demo version, effectively making it the full game, because "there are causes that need your contributions more than we do".

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

JammyB posted:

Huh. Saw a post this morning from a usually reliable place saying that next week would be Centipede: Recharged and Black Widow: Recharged (both are Geometry Wars style shooters). I wonder if there was a last minute change then. Hopefully they get these added back in or they appear soon.

They've been added back, so this week you can get actual games to not play rather than just currency to not use.

Next week is Cities:Skylines, which is probably the best city sim to not play.

e. Also Epic's library interface has taken a step back: your library is now on multiple pages that require you to click through rather than infinite scrolling, and games that aren't installed are no longer greyed out or ordered differently.

Breetai fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Mar 3, 2022

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Breetai posted:

They've been added back, so this week you can get actual games to not play rather than just currency to not use.

Next week is Cities:Skylines, which is probably the best city sim to not play.

e. Also Epic's library interface has taken a step back: your library is now on multiple pages that require you to click through rather than infinite scrolling, and games that aren't installed are no longer greyed out or ordered differently.

there's a button at the top to filter just to installed games, and a button at the bottom to change it from just displaying 24 games to 36, 48, or all of them

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.

flatluigi posted:

there's a button at the top to filter just to installed games, and a button at the bottom to change it from just displaying 24 games to 36, 48, or all of them

Installed games?!?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Hank Morgan posted:

Installed games?!?

:mods:

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Hank Morgan posted:

Installed games?!?

You can install them and not play them. It's like the free game equivalent of edging.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD
I like to look at my collection of free games in GOG Galaxy.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

~Coxy posted:

I like to look at my collection of free games in GOG Galaxy.

I like GOG Galaxy for aggregating all of my games, free and paid.

Good way to see where the time goes.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost
There's also a search function for the library now, or maybe that was already there, I don't know. I wouldn't dare tempt myself with free games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Breetai posted:

I didn't like the greyscale covers. It made it harder to skim through your library, at least ime.

treat posted:

There's also a search function for the library now, or maybe that was already there, I don't know. I wouldn't dare tempt myself with free games

it's not new

the per page grid made me realize just how many games they've given away. I have 6 pages of games with 48 per page (okay the last page has just a few titles, but still).

also, installing still doesn't tell you how much space a game takes up.