Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Americans getting mad at other countries hanging poo poo on them will never stop being funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/RoxyTall/status/1499023301397475331

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I would never drink your disgusting seppo coke

Google tells me this is an Australian thing. Why would Australians drink Mexican coke? Americans do it because cane sugar coke is better, and mexico is the easiest source of it. We would import Australian coke if that were for some reason cheaper.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Because Americans talk about it all the time and Australians are dumb as poo poo and would walk off a cliff if an American told them to do it hth

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Nobody actually drinks sucrose coke. Sucrose breaks down in acid solution into a fructose and glucose molecule. Taste differences are from the water the bottling plant is using, or from being a slightly different ratio of fructose to glucose (soda HFCS is 55-45 instead of 50-50)

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I have a feeling a lot of it is the glass bottles that Mexican coke is sold in over here, opposed to the plastic bottles.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

It's just the same as our coke isn't it? I couldn't taste the difference and Google told me they were both came sugar based

E: I will NOT edit out that typo

Coke is different depending on where it was bottled. It is made with coca cola syrup, which is centrally produced in a single plant in New Jersey under the tightest of regulations, because it is made with coca leaves. Nowhere else can one legally produce this syrup, and nobody particularly tries to, because if you want to make illegal products using coca leaves, cocaine is a lot more profitable.

This syrup is shipped across the globe to various bottling plants, who are given some leeway in how they turn it into a carbonated beverage. Most well-known is that US bottlers sweeten it with corn syrup, while South American ones use cane sugar and European ones commonly use beet sugar. If Colombian and Mexican cokes are bottled at two different plants, they could well be different products.

There's one plant in Europe that adds extra cinnamon to their coke and it's pretty gross; I don't know which one it is but you'll sometimes find it at gas stations and corner shops.

I'm not sure how widespread the practice of bottling leeway is outside of Coca Cola, most other drinks presumably have a set of recipes that can legally be followed at multiple plants, and therefore expect employees and franchisees to follow said recipe.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Moxie is really good tho

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
So is Molly

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Byzantine posted:

Moxie is really good tho

I've never had it, but that's the one with the red snot globules floating in, right?

EDIT Wait no that's Orbitz soda.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Lemniscate Blue posted:

I've never had it, but that's the one with the red snot globules floating in, right?

EDIT Wait no that's Orbitz soda.

Moxie tastes like root beer mixed with cough syrup.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

The main problem with Australian coke is we don't make the cherry coke locally and have to get the British or American ones that taste weird cause of the different sugars or bottling. Gotta shake cherrry bitters into our coke to get it right.

Byzantine posted:

Moxie is really good tho

That's the gentian root based soda right? Always wanted to try that.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Moxie tastes like a soda with a flavor profile based on Angostura bitters, which means it's good. My only disappointment is that I'd heard so many nerds complain about how gross it was that I was expecting something totally wild, but instead it was just...a nice soda with a slightly uncommon flavor profile. If it was distributed locally I'd probably grab a couple here and there, but it's mostly just a soda.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I feel the need to clarify this is mostly bait for Vincent van goatse rather than a strong moral position

Sorry to disappoint you but I agree. I drink the Mexican stuff if I can. Not a big fan of sodas anyway.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

https://twitter.com/stellabelle/status/1499200399768752131

Everyone involved is an idiot. I'm an idiot for looking at this. So are you

tight aspirations
Jul 13, 2009

I managed 11 seconds which, in retrospect, was probably five minutes too long.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
29 seconds.

Beartaco
Apr 10, 2007

by sebmojo
I stopped at 55 seconds, which was a mistake because at the minute mark they introduce a new character. A confused man in a suit, reminiscent of Little Alex Horne, who acts as their whipping boy for the remainder of the advertisement.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
I watched it to the end. Decent cult recruitment video.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

same

"crypto" popped up and I was done

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

old bean factory posted:

I watched it to the end. Decent cult recruitment video.

It does have a certain "Yvan eth nioj" vibes. :hmmyes:

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022

Knowing crypto shibboleths like WAGMI allows you to dodge their poo poo more easily, but it does mean you know crypto shibboleths, so it's impossible to say if it's good or not

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

kazil posted:

same

"crypto" popped up and I was done
:same:
What fresh hell is oh it's that hell I know that one

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I feel like just a little bit of media literacy would help viewers see right though this. What is the message? Who is giving you the message? Does the messenger stand to gain from you believing the message? What isn't being told here?

Like, just knowing that it's Zuckerburg's sister hawking this is a massive red flag. But also, the person tweeting this is a big crypto investor mad that Meta-adjacent figures are horning in on NFT/crypto spaces when Facebook banned crypto ads. So it's not that crypto is a scam with rich people at the top telling you to buy and hodl and never sell with your "worthless paperhands", it's that it's being promoted by the wrong people.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Regrettably yes I also twigged what it was about from the first line.

That space in my brain could conceivably have held any other information and yet it held that.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

OwlFancier posted:

Regrettably yes I also twigged what it was about from the first line.

That space in my brain could conceivably have held any other information and yet it held that.

It goes along with the space that alerts you to what may be spiders and snakes.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Kenning posted:

Moxie tastes like a soda with a flavor profile based on Angostura bitters, which means it's good. My only disappointment is that I'd heard so many nerds complain about how gross it was that I was expecting something totally wild, but instead it was just...a nice soda with a slightly uncommon flavor profile. If it was distributed locally I'd probably grab a couple here and there, but it's mostly just a soda.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I just wonder if soda fans in the late 1800s were moaning all the time about increasing sweetness, effervescence

"Soda's supposed to be bitter! It's a medicine! Where the gently caress is the gentian? What's the active ingredient if there's no coca leaf extract? What's going on with kids?"

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

It’s fair to say that Dee Snider is more subtle with his makeup than Zuckerbergs sister is.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

Really not selling me on most of these alternative sodas; however,

Read After Burning posted:

Cheerwine is the superior regional soda. :colbert:
:hmmyes:

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

I've always had trouble with cringe/awkward and I made it halfway through the first syllable, y'all have some iron constitutions. I mean, I'm still gonna send it to some people as you gotta spread this poo poo around like the vampire curse a lá Anne Rice to weaken it.

I'm glad I don't have the 'fall for crypto' mindset.

I didn't see it in the thread but Artesian systems (who decided after deciding on a winner for a sweepstakes decided live on stream the winner wasn't big enough to win and re-rolled) downfall continues as California has now suspended their operations in the state for unpaid taxes. You love to see it.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
IOSM thread got a lot of opinions on sugar water

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

burexas.irom posted:

Even the person who posted it is an idiot!

https://twitter.com/stellabelle/status/1499203225974722567

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

burexas.irom posted:

Removed the URL to prevent any further damage but

72 seconds :smuggo: :negative:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

https://twitter.com/wjgsert91/status/1499408132489031691

Are we really going to do another round of Red Scare? What's next, calling poutine "freedom gravy" because it sounds too close to Putin?

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Scratch Monkey posted:

IOSM thread got a lot of opinions on sugar water

Could be worse

https://twitter.com/fullmetaljkt/status/1496661886682738689?t=kH6Zv9AQ9UANxMK_PwOEVA&s=19

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

What's next, calling poutine "freedom gravy" because it sounds too close to Putin?

About that.

Read After Burning
Feb 19, 2013

"All this, for me? 💃Ah, you didn't have to! 🥰"

burexas.irom posted:

I felt like Malcom McDowell with my eyes strapped open beginning at "Carpe your crypto diem."

gently caress.

Oh holy poo poo, this dude has some RETWEETS.

https://twitter.com/1Bonehed/status/1495428340899094531?cxt=HHwWhoC95eSJ6sApAAAA
https://twitter.com/JillRTeamXRP/status/1493421811446566916?cxt=HHwWiMC-sbPO2bkpAAAA
https://twitter.com/FakeYapper4/status/1491235431190773760?cxt=HHwWgIDSiamu97EpAAAA

Read After Burning has a new favorite as of 18:58 on Mar 3, 2022

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

i was going to say no way any Canadian is stupid enough to do this but I guess 22 years of the US growing nuts has infected Canada.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

https://twitter.com/wjgsert91/status/1499408132489031691

Are we really going to do another round of Red Scare? What's next, calling poutine "freedom gravy" because it sounds too close to Putin?

I have to think they're joking. The International Cat Show Federation didn't ban breeds of Russian origin, they banned Russian cat owners from competing. Which I think is vaguely silly, but I kinda assume Russian nationals spending a large amount of time and money competing in cat shows are either oligarchs or oligarch adjacent, so I don't have a huge problem with it.